Found Deceased NH - Celina Cass, 11, Stewartstown, 25 July 2011 # 2 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
For those who have an issue with Celina's dental care, what type of housing the family lived in, their lifestyle, etc:

This is a VERY rural area. It is mostly woods and mountains and then some farmland. There are no cities or big towns. The small towns (a few hundred people) are 15 miles apart. The big towns have a few thousand. People here are predominantly poor. If you fell down in the woods a few feet from a road and were seriously injured or died you might NEVER be found - period. Same goes for drowning in a river. You can get lost in the woods up here and die from hypothermia in the dead of summer.

Other than people in service industries and education like healthcare , skilled trades, teachers, etc the people here are farmers, loggers, laid-off paper makers, etc. Most of the paper mills that were the highest paying employers here 10 years ago have closed. Dairy farms have sold off their herds. Logging, well it's what men do when they can't find ANYTHING else. Economically the "north country" has been hit very hard. Most of the new jobs that have been created are minimum wage junk with no benefits. Even most people who have dental insurance don't have policies that covers much beyond preventative and fillings - heck, most don't have or have lost their health insurance entirely.

As to the children having different surnames - there are a lot of moms up here who had children (usually when very young) with multiple fathers. These are poor people, most do not go on to college, many don't finish high school. Just the way it is.

This is a very different life than what most Americans experience. We don't go shopping at malls (we don't have any). We pretty much don't go "shopping" - we go somewhere to buy something if we NEED it. If a stranger "hangs out" around town, like at a small restaurant, EVERYBODY notices. If it's cold, you don't turn up a thermostat, you go outside and get some more wood for the stove. Friends, both IRL and Facebook could be virtually anybody you know - from gradeschool to geriatric in age. I'm friends with almost all of my kid's friends. Everybody pretty much knows everybody else. Because there just aren't that many people. It isn't unusual to have friends 20 years your senior or 20 years your junior.

So to the uninitiated, welcome to rural america, where people are poor and don't live like those in suburbia. We don't have perfect teeth, nor do our children. Orthodonture is for "rich people". We mostly don't have nice new houses. Mostly we have old houses - if were fortunate enough to be able to afford to buy one. If not, we rent an old house from somebody. Bedrooms are where there is space for a bed. Anywhere from attic to basement. The "north country" is in some respects a third world nation to many - but it just happens to be in the USA.

I personally couldn't give a hoot about her dental care. I had actually assumed she was still getting rid of baby teeth. I have a friend who had baby teeth until 21, her front teeth looked big because of that.

I wouldn't call it a third world nation, sorry. Most Third world countries don't have running water, toilets or more than one set of decent clothes. They can't run over to someone's house for a get together that involves lots of food. Sorry, but that just bothered me.

I personally couldn't give a hoot about her dental care. I had actually assumed she was still getting rid of baby teeth. I have a friend who had baby teeth until 21, her front teeth looked big because of that.

I wouldn't call it a third world nation, sorry. Most Third world countries don't have running water, toilets or more than one set of decent clothes. They can't run over to someone's house for a get together that involves lots of food. Sorry, but that just bothered me.

As I said, "in some respects. . ." And yes, I'm obviously exaggerating. But some folks here seem to be judging both the living arrangements, dental care, employment, etc, by standards that simply can't be applied here. There's a reason for all the old jokes: about full sets of teeth in rural America - people are poor and can't afford dentists; about single wides - people are poor

Note the operative word - POOR.

For those who have an issue with Celina's dental care, what type of housing the family lived in, their lifestyle, etc:

This is a VERY rural area. It is mostly woods and mountains and then some farmland. There are no cities or big towns. The small towns (a few hundred people) are 15 miles apart. The big towns have a few thousand. People here are predominantly poor. If you fell down in the woods a few feet from a road and were seriously injured or died you might NEVER be found - period. Same goes for drowning in a river. You can get lost in the woods up here and die from hypothermia in the dead of summer.

Other than people in service industries and education like healthcare , skilled trades, teachers, etc the people here are farmers, loggers, laid-off paper makers, etc. Most of the paper mills that were the highest paying employers here 10 years ago have closed. Dairy farms have sold off their herds. Logging, well it's what men do when they can't find ANYTHING else. Economically the "north country" has been hit very hard. Most of the new jobs that have been created are minimum wage junk with no benefits. Even most people who have dental insurance don't have policies that covers much beyond preventative and fillings - heck, most don't have or have lost their health insurance entirely.

As to the children having different surnames - there are a lot of moms up here who had children (usually when very young) with multiple fathers. These are poor people, most do not go on to college, many don't finish high school. Just the way it is.

This is a very different life than what most Americans experience. We don't go shopping at malls (we don't have any). We pretty much don't go "shopping" - we go somewhere to buy something if we NEED it. If a stranger "hangs out" around town, like at a small restaurant, EVERYBODY notices. If it's cold, you don't turn up a thermostat, you go outside and get some more wood for the stove. Friends, both IRL and Facebook could be virtually anybody you know - from gradeschool to geriatric in age. I'm friends with almost all of my kid's friends. Everybody pretty much knows everybody else. Because there just aren't that many people. It isn't unusual to have friends 20 years your senior or 20 years your junior.

So to the uninitiated, welcome to rural america, where people are poor and don't live like those in suburbia. We don't have perfect teeth, nor do our children. Orthodonture is for "rich people". We mostly don't have nice new houses. Mostly we have old houses - if were fortunate enough to be able to afford to buy one. If not, we rent an old house from somebody. Bedrooms are where there is space for a bed. Anywhere from attic to basement. The "north country" is in some respects a third world nation to many - but it just happens to be in the USA.

I live in Southern NH and it's absolutely nothing like this here.
It's strange to hear NH described like this.
We have everything in this area.

I live in Southern NH and it's absolutely nothing like this here.
It's strange to hear NH described like this.
We have everything in this area.

How often have you been north of Littleton or Berlin? Southern NH is Northern MA.

But they had a computer and internet
Yep. We even have high speed in many places if you live in an area where they ran fiber. I'm 17 miles from the nearest traffic signal (or town) and get 15 Mbps down. But people who live up the side roads are still on dial up, and it sucks because the copper wiring is in bad condition. Then again, they have high speed in parts of Africa, so . . .

How often have you been north of Littleton or Berlin? Southern NH is Northern MA.

Respectfully, IMO, anyone that can afford New England's Internet prices can't be that bad off ;-)

I am not bashing you. I haven't read where people are belittling her background/teeth/home, i guess i should go back and re-read it.

Ultimately i am not even sure what it matters. She is missing, i don't care if she didn't have a mall or perfect teeth. I just hope she is either found or the person than took her is held accountable and faces the ultimate punishment.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/missing-hampshire-girl-search-extends-canada/story?id=14178067

Exerpts:

At least 48 law enforcement agents, some coming from New York and Virginia, have arrived in New Hampshire to aid in the search for Cass, New Hampshire Assistant Attorney General Jane Young told ABC News. The Royal Canadian Mountain Police are working with New Hampshire officials to look for the girl, he said.

---------
Today, authorities pored through Celina's computer and phone records, looking for any clues into her disappearance. FBI agents have also been seen questioning neighbors on their front porches.

-------
On parents:

Noyes was charged with violating a protective order held by his ex-girlfriend and for criminal trespassinig, criminal threatening and hindering apprehension.

The girlfriend, who lived with her two kids at the time, said that Noyes broke into her home while she was sleeping, lifted her mattress and slammed it down and then threatened to throw her down the stairs.

While awaiting trial, a judge ruled Noyes incompetent to stand trial and ordered him to be involuntarily placed in a hospital. Judge Richard Hampe wrote that Noyes' mental illness creates "a potentially serious likelihood of danger to himself and others."

-----
ABC News consultant Brad Garrett, a former FBI profiler and agent, said that it's not disconcerting that the parents haven't yet spoken. He said that it's key that investigators talk to Celina's friends and glean as much as they can from her computer and phone records.

"I would focus more on what has changed in Celina's life in the last 24 or 48 hours," Garrett said. "The key with kids this age...is to interview those other 11, 12-year-olds that she associates with online or in person."

I only thought the discussion about her tooth was because of ID purposes, as it does stand out and might help someone recognize her...I guess I am naive :(

Anyway...moving on... So LE has checked out a home where Celina went for a sleepover recently. it sounds like they don't have much at all... MOO

i've been reading the previous thread and what has been said about the SF. yes i looked at his facebook and well.......yucccccccckkk and much of what has been said may be true. but we don't have a lot of info yet that i'm sure the LE does have. and i wanted to say a couple things. i'm not ready yet to jump on the SF did something wagon just yet. at least not without more info. its been said one of his relatives is an RSO. since they're not suppose to be on facebook there is a slight possibility that the relative could have set up the facebook using his pic and info so they wouldn't know it was him. if SF isn't online much its possible he doesn't even know he has a facebook. also being schzophrenic (however its spelled) doesn't look good but that can also be control in many cases by meds. we don't know if he's on any or not to control them. its been a while since that with the ex happened and much could have happened since then. who knows, we can hope. also, as far as him saying for her to get her butt home. if he's trying to keep his wife calm and to have hope. its possible he's hoping she snuck out or ran away. i could see someone saying get her butt home if that were the case.

like i said...unfortunately it is possible SF did something but. i have to at least try to think positive until we learn more so maybe these are a different way of looking at things.

NORMAN BRUCE NOYES
Last Known Address: ST JOHNSBURY, VT

Race: W
Sex: Male Eyes: BLU
Height: 5'06 Hair: Brown
Weight 155 lbs. Age/DOB: 12/10/1947

Offense or Statute
Offense/Statute: SEXUAL ASSAULT Date: 14 September 1999

201.jpg

NOYES, GORDON EDWARD
Last Known Address: CANAAN, VT

Race: W
Sex: Male Eyes: HAZ
Height: 5'09 Hair: Brown
Weight 231 lbs. Age/DOB: 12/22/1973

Offense or Statute
Offense/Statute: SEXUAL ASSAULT 3252 Date: 31 January 2005
Offense/Statute: LEWD AND LASCIVIOUS CONDUCT W/A CHILD 2602 Date: 31 January 2005
Offense/Statute: VOP Date: 06 February 2006

460.jpg

Sorry if this is listed here, having trouble reading- my brightness on my monitor is not good, ARE these the relatives that are sex offenders...omg, scary if so...TIA

Just a thought on the SF facebook. I would think that the way he is, he would want his facebook to not be private necessarily because he is obviously looking for attention in any way that he can get it. None of his "friends" appear to be real life friends and all appear to be for "entertainment only."

Now, I know that I never look anyone up on facebook, or do anything with facebook without logging in because if you are not logged in you really can see very little. Perhaps the wife and kids don't know about that page because he has it public, but has them blocked. If so, when logged in, at least, they wouldn't be able to see anything they are doing. He may not know that it can be seen by them when they are not logged in.

I won't express my other thoughts on his FB.

ETA: as for his inability to do/cover up this crime: I respectfully disagree. There have been many serial killers who were Paranoid Schizophrenics. Not saying he has done anything because there is so little info. But I don't feel good about it and most certainly, his condition does nothing to make me feel he is innocent.

Just a thought on the SF facebook. I would think that the way he is, he would want his facebook to not be private necessarily because he is obviously looking for attention in any way that he can get it. None of his "friends" appear to be real life friends and all appear to be for "entertainment only."

Now, I know that I never look anyone up on facebook, or do anything with facebook without logging in because if you are not logged in you really can see very little. Perhaps the wife and kids don't know about that page because he has it public, but has them blocked. If so, when logged in, at least, they wouldn't be able to see anything they are doing. He may not know that it can be seen by them when they are not logged in.

I won't express my other thoughts on his FB.

ETA: as for his inability to do/cover up this crime: I respectfully disagree. There have been many serial killers who were Paranoid Schizophrenics. Not saying he has done anything because there is so little info. But I don't feel good about it.

:waitasec: He has another facebook?? That's the first I've heard of it.

I hope it's not as bad as the one I saw last night. :eek:

From article above:

"I would focus more on what has changed in Celina's life in the last 24 or 48 hours," Garrett said. "The key with kids this age...is to interview those other 11, 12-year-olds that she associates with online or in person."

I think this is a good point..what, if anything, has changed in Celina's life lately? I would like to know how close she was to her real father...did she have visits with him, communicate somehow? How long has he been ill and in the hospital? Was this upsetting to her?

Did something change with her relationship with friends, in the family?

I guess these will be subjects the investigators will be asking about.

I am sure both the mom's husband and his RSO relative are being looked at very closely. And I am sure LE is interested in his FB page and his obvious interests. He lists about 156 friends, many of whom are people he probably has never met in person, I would guess. So who knows what sorts of people he has been in contact with...

All of the above, as well as his medical and criminal history could be irrelevant, but for now, they do stand out. I wonder if he is even a subject who could take a lie detector test with any sort of accurate results.

Nightline started out their late night program with Celina...

Nothing new...but they are talking about LE primarily looking at parents in all missing kids situations.

They are bringing up the SF's past...and when Nightline called to speak to the family, they said they wanted absolute privacy.

They are looking at her facebook and facebook friends.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SashaRhea82