Page 28 of 46 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 30 38 ... LastLast
    Far from the maddening crowd at the back of beyond
    Quote Originally Posted by TxLady2 View Post
    My husband's meds are not free, he does have to pay a percentage of them. Nothing like he would have to pay out of pocket if he didn't get VA benefits.

All these benefits may come to a screeching halt next month, though, along with SS and Medicare, unless the fat cats in Washington can come to an agreement.
    BBM

Please remember that veterans VOTE--and in significantly larger percentages than other groups of voters! They served our country so that all of us can have the right to vote or not. We're so lucky to have that choice!

I only hope the cutbacks are not so drastic that federal law enforcement officers won't be dispatched to searches such as the one for CC!!!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Kiln Wood For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by liz b. View Post
    Right. And I wonder what the 911 operator said ? He/she would have asked where the girl's parents were MOO And was there a reason why they had not called.... I could have sworn that I read that the family themselves had called 911... I wonder if both this woman and 1 or both parents also called 911 ? It's curious MOO

Yes, it seems that both called 911 about Celina...which is good to me.

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Reader For This Useful Post:

Right. And I wonder what the 911 operator said ? He/she would have asked where the girl's parents were MOO And was there a reason why they had not called.... I could have sworn that I read that the family themselves had called 911... I wonder if both this woman and 1 or both parents also called 911 ? It's curious MOO
    If it turns out the parents themselves didn't call (and this is me trying to come up with a non-hinky reason for that possibility), could it be possible the family doesn't have a land line phone/cell phones? I realize they have internet. But if they didn't call themselves, I'm just picturing a possible scenerio where they go to her room and find her gone, track down the sister/or the sister just came home from where ever she was the night before, sister runs to her friend's house to see if Celina's there. Mom and SF tell her, "If she's not there, call 911 while you're there." She's not there so now the sister tells the friend's mom, "Call 911." ....Maybe?

Or, as you said, they both called.

Because scenerio three (they had a phone and it was the step/half sister who finally encouraged a family friend to call), that would feel off and hinky...
    Moo!

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Magdalyn For This Useful Post:

Far from the maddening crowd at the back of beyond

CC's Father (not stepfather) and Grandparents

Do any of you know anything about CC's biological father or grandparents (either maternal or paternal)? I have made a point to read all the posts on both threads from beginning to end, and I don't see any "hard information" on either her father or grandparents. I'm also wondering if she had any stepfather(s) in addition to WN. Have any of these folks been interviewed or made any statement(s)?

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kiln Wood For This Useful Post:

newer MSM- http://www.bostonherald.com/news/reg...icleid=1355027

snipped-Reached yesterday at the Canaan, Vt., motel where the family is staying, Celina’s stepfather, Wendell Noyes, said only, “Right now, we’re in the process of grieving.”

Grieving????????????

10. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to sreshowtime For This Useful Post:

Kiln- I can't find anything either on her bio father side- wondering if he was even in her life

12. The Following User Says Thank You to sreshowtime For This Useful Post:

Celina was last seen wearing a pink shirt,pink pullover and blue shorts.Shoes. She was in her bedroom. LE has said that it appeared that she had slept in her bed at some point in the night. So, were her clothes, the pink shirt,shorts,shoes, found in her bedroom ? Had she changed into pjs or a nightgown ? If she was in her nightclothes,and her other clothes were found in the bedroom, I would say that she was abducted. If her clothes were not found, I doubt that she went to sleep. Not with her pullover and shoes on.... MOO
    Hmm - good catch there Liz-
    yes, if she went to bed , wouldn't she take her shoes off at least?? Are they sure shoes are missing?? I can understand sleeping in clothes maybe, but not shoes?
    Hmmm that is really something to ponder on- and why would she have shoes on in the house at night? Well, I go barefoot all the time, inside.
    Would be interesting to know if nightclothes were found on the bed/floor, that morning.

I still am very concerned with her remark about thinking about taking a walk or not, that she made on face book on July 20 about 6pm FB time

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sreshowtime For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Kiln Wood View Post
    I have a little info on the subject, but then again, "a little knowledge is a dangerous thing!" I believe there's a toll-free telephone number the veterans calls to refill a prescription that is then mailed out to him or her. I do not believe the refills are automatically mailed until the prescription expires. The information I've given you needs to be verified by the VA because I'm certainly not an expert on the subject. The only other possibly helpful piece of information I have to offer is that if the prescription is for a narcotic, then the VA mail order pharmacy will ONLY send it to a street address.

Help this helps!
    Thanks for your info. Medication noncompliance rates for schizophrenic patients are approx. 50% within one year of inpatient discharge and 75% within two years. There is a strong inverse correlation between a patient's compliance with taking their meds and the number of "hoops they must jump through" to get them, but this is not a big reason why schizophrenics stop their meds. Most stop their meds because they do not believe they have a mental illness.

16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Pensfan For This Useful Post:

The vet system is probably the exact same one we use for active duty.

http://www.military.com/benefits/tri...y-instructions

You have to call in your prescription(refill) and they will send it to you usually you get it in less than 14 days.

I haven't followed up and read the threads yet, what meds are we talking about?

Quote Originally Posted by Kiln Wood View Post
    Do any of you know anything about CC's biological father or grandparents (either maternal or paternal)? I have made a point to read all the posts on both threads from beginning to end, and I don't see any "hard information" on either her father or grandparents. I'm also wondering if she had any stepfather(s) in addition to WN. Have any of these folks been interviewed or made any statement(s)?
    The only thing I have been able to find is this post on facebook:

"Her father has heart problems and had pneumonia, he was really sick. He had just gotten out of the hospital the day after she went missing. She also has an older brother that is 20. and she has a sister, Kayla Laro."

I have no idea where she got this information or who she is. She posted this at 5:00 PM Thursday, here: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Help-f...400286?sk=wall

19. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to HRCODEPINK For This Useful Post:

North Carolina's beautiful Blue Ridge Mtns.
    Quote Originally Posted by sreshowtime View Post
    newer MSM- http://www.bostonherald.com/news/reg...icleid=1355027

snipped-Reached yesterday at the Canaan, Vt., motel where the family is staying, Celina’s stepfather, Wendell Noyes, said only, “Right now, we’re in the process of grieving.”

Grieving????????????
    I agree..."grieving"... Wonder if that was a slip???
    About the time we can make ends meet, somebody moves the ends. Herbert Hoover

21. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to tiredblondy For This Useful Post:

shoes and walking will bother me all night...May she be found by morning

23. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sreshowtime For This Useful Post:

http://www.wmur.com/r/28712811/detail.html

POSTED: 11:04 pm EDT July 29, 2011
    UPDATED: 12:15 am EDT July 30, 2011

Experts Discuss Logistics Of Cass Investigation
    Parents Reported Girl Missing Early Tuesday

Just an overview of the command center. A brief outline of this case.

25. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Kat For This Useful Post:

okay. the 18 yr old is her step brother. That makes me wonder a bit about their relationship. Her mother just recently married her SF. I wonder what the family dynamics were like.
    “Every day that they don’t find something is good for me.“ Billie Dunn

27. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to katydid23 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by tiredblondy View Post
    I agree..."grieving"... Wonder if that was a slip???
    The SF's wording is always just a bit off and awkward. I guess it is a symptom of his mental illness.

But he says things like " She NEVER leaves the house." " Tell her to get her butt home." " We are in the process of grieving."
    “Every day that they don’t find something is good for me.“ Billie Dunn

29. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to katydid23 For This Useful Post:

Page 28 of 46 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 30 38 ... LastLast