Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MS - Janie Sanders, 16, raped and killed in Pascagoula, 1975

Quote Originally Posted by Himmie14 View Post
    A cold case in my town of Pascagoula have been reopened. Janie Sanders was 16 when she was raped and killed on September 26, 1975. Her killer has never been caught. The detective looking into the case is asking for help locating people: witness, friends, other victims. I know this may be a bit of a long shot, but this murder has haunted this town. Maybe someone can help.

Detective Versiga is looking for any information regarding information on anyone who had reason to travel I-43 in the '70's, El Caminos that are dark blue or station wagons that could be mistaken as an El Camino, and anyone that was acting strange before or after her death.

He is also looking for a William Jaun, possible Jaun William, or his family. They either lived in Pascagoula or visited before 1973. He had a daughter that was between 10 and 17 years old in 1973.

Any information would help.
    There is a Juan Williams listed on Helen st.

Do you have any info that may help, I know the general area and remember hearing of the crime. The I-43 reference has me confused, can you explain.

Any locals remember the service station on the north West corner of Market St. & Jackson Ave at that time?

Janie Sanders

I'm going to guess that "I-43" was meant to be Hwy 43? At any rate, it looks like the vehicle's tires were purchased in California or Oregon. Now let's see, how many serial killers travelled cross country from the West Coast to the south in the 1970's? And I don't mean to be facetious at all. I'm greatly relieved that there's been progress on Janie's case, and sincerely hope it continues.

Here is Det. Versiga's contact information again:

"If you have any information about the case, call Detective Versiga at (228) 938-6682."

http://www.wlox.com/story/13384024/w...-janie-sanders

Janie Sanders Cold Case Homicide on Facebook

**Janie Sanders Homicide...Need Information**
    by Darren Versiga on Saturday, February 5, 2011 at 11:21pm
    I need anyone to come forward who may have had someone pull up to them in a vehicle and exspose themself. Do not get transfixed on the Blue El Camino...Bad Guy may have had another vehicle. This would have been in the 70's and 80's. He would pull really close to the female and drive by slow so someone could see what he was doing. Real Prevert. I'm sure that someone else is out there who may have been a victim of this guy and someone knows who this guy is. Someone knows of someones brother, father, or friend ...etc that was weird like this. Please call me with information. I have two victims so far and I know there are more. Both say he drove an El Camino.
    More at the link

ETA: Forgot to mention that Larry Mann, who Det. Versiga considered a suspect, was executed in April for the 1980 abduction and brutal murder of another young girl in Pinellas County, Florida, 10 year-old Elisa Nelson.

http://tbo.com/pinellas-county/man-w...ek-b82473699z1
    Last edited by bessie; 08-19-2013 at 02:42 AM.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to bessie For This Useful Post:

The El Camino (or similar car) had a camper on the back of it. So, the back was closed in and could have indeed been the crime scene. With so little time to commit the murder, it is hard for me to imagine where he could have taken her in time to then leave her at the location she was discovered.

Perhaps the guy softened her up a bit on previous trips when he didn't have time... such as telling her he'd give her a ride home or whatever else. So, the day he decided to kill her, she got right into the car with him.

i am thinking this because of the girl murdered basically in school (or very near it). Could someone see from outside the hallway she had to pass down?

The murderer might be someone who would watch and plan.

So William Jaun is the guy they think did it?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12