Sculptor Frank Bender, 70, helped bring many to justice

Cubby

fly the W!
Reaction score
I know this probably belongs in the up to the minute forum, but since so few outside of the UID forum are likely familiar with Frank Benders work I thought I'd post here. Mods pls move if necessary.

FRANK BENDER, who helped identify hundreds of victims of violence and bring many of the perpetrators to justice over a long career as a forensic sculptor, was confronted by his greatest challenge that fall of 2000.
He had to sculpt a face where there was no face.
<snip>

Told it was impossible to create something out of nothing, Bender rose to the challenge. He loved a challenge, and often used not only his artistic, but his self-proclaimed psychic powers, to bring off the impossible.
<snip>

He died yesterday at age 70 of cancer - the disease that was supposed to have killed him more than a year ago.

Full article at link (long but well worth the read):

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/pennsylvania/126384393.html?page=1&c=y

Thank you for all the work you did for the unidentified Frank, you had a truly amazing gift. You will be missed. Sleep peacefully. :rose:

Rest in Peace, Frank. I'd like to think he has now met those he helped identify up in Heaven.

I've been a great admirer of Mr. Bender's work for quite a while. I often wondered what it would be like to study under him.

He will certainly be greatly missed, I don't think there was any way to thank him enough for all that he discovered he could do and assisted with. One of the truly great people.

He will be missed. I just heard the news on Twitter myself and posted it in the Up To The Minute thread, before I saw this. Such a loss.

He was a very gifted man and used his gift to help so many. My you rest in peace.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amberraff
Back