Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: WY - Katherine Grace Coffee, Murdered in Newcastle, WY

Who killed you? Shot you execution style?
    JMO, MOO, Doing my best. I am not perfect and I don't expect you to be either.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Peazzzer For This Useful Post:

# pages now and nothing new. I am so sorry!!!

Your picture appears in the paper about every other week, along with the reward amount...I just wish one person could say something w/o repercussion in this one horse town....

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Peazzzer For This Useful Post:

Do I see your murderer here while I am at the grocery store? The gas station? Driving down the street? Just gives me chills.....

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Peazzzer For This Useful Post:

There are quite a few people here in town that have been bringing you up lately, Katy. We wonder if we pass your murderer in the store w/o knowing.....are they a neighbor? We want justice for you and your family....

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Peazzzer For This Useful Post:

Katy Coffee

Katy Coffee was my co-worker. I feel compelled to help her family find justice. If you know of any ways we can help please let's do something. Katy was a sweet, genuine person just starting to figure life out and get a new start.

12. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Kaiaearth For This Useful Post:

I got a phone call this week from a person asking if the reward was doubled. I have asked around, but as usual, no one knows anything OR is WILLING to say anything.

Did you work with her here, or in Texas? I knew that the DCI took a trip to Texas to see and ask her old BF questions...

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Peazzzer For This Useful Post:

My parents live on a cattle ranch along highway 450, about 23 miles outside of Newcastle. There's a historical marker for the Texas Trail just a little way from our turnoff, and people always stop there and dump their garbage into our cow pasture, so a couple times a year we pick up the litter. My parents were doing this on a Saturday a few months ago and came across a .22 Derringer revolver with a missing cylinder that someone had obviously tossed out into our pasture. My dad turned the pistol into the sheriff's department that following Monday.

Last week, he stopped in to see if they had done anything with it, and apparently they did report it to the DCI, who were interested in it.

I don't know if this info is anything that can help the people here on WS, but I wanted to let you all know that there are people in this community that do care.

16. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to E13D For This Useful Post:

The Newsletter Journal newspaper here has Katy's picture in it and the family has raised the reward to 50,000!!!! I hope this case is still active.

How wonderful about that gun being turned in! I hope her killer or killers are found!!

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Peazzzer For This Useful Post:

I was informed by another friend who lived on the street Katy was murdered on that DCI, SO or NPD have NEVER even interviewed half of the neighbors on that street!!!! Just makes me so mad!!!!

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Peazzzer For This Useful Post:

kai

Just thinking of who in the world did this and why????

A little update.

I work for the the same agency Katy did (in Texas) and had been interviewed by the investigators. Recently a rumor had floated around in Texas that they had found the guilty party and arrested [him]. Well, the whole story sounded a bit far-fetched, so I had a friend of mine (a mutual friend of Katy's) call the investigators that had interviewed us.

As it turns out, the story ended up being a fake. BUT, they did say that they had some decent leads on a couple suspects. Supposedly, there was an arrest to be made recently (last week or so) of a person for unrelated charges, but that this person was suspected to be involved in Katy's murder. Another suspect was in custody for other unrelated charges and was to be questioned after the first one was taken into custody. I have not called the investigators back to find out...just been wathcing the Newcastle papers for headlines to show up (nothing so far).

Anyway, at least they have suspects pin-pointed. The investigator, according to my friend, showed no reservations about discussing the facts...so I guess they won't mind getting calls? (I'm not sure what proper protocol is there...if this irritates investigators or not.)

23. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ahs For This Useful Post:

Katherine Grace Coffee

Is there any news at all about this murder? It's been over two years! Somebody HAS to know something! This murderer didn't just disappear into thin air!
    Last edited by BAP; 10-09-2013 at 10:15 PM. Reason: Addition comment

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BAP For This Useful Post:

Katherine Grace Coffee

Last edited by BAP; 10-09-2013 at 10:35 PM. Reason: Double posting

27. The Following User Says Thank You to BAP For This Useful Post:

I grew up with Katy. I keep checking back and I'm so sad nothing has seemed to come to fruition in this case. She really was a quiet, tender girl, from a super nice family. I'm sure they continue to be heartbroken. I'm glad to see other people interested and keeping her in mind.

29. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Fiction76 For This Useful Post:

Katy was my daughter-in-law at one time. She was a sweet girl. I can not believe that this has happened to her. I keep hoping that someday they will find the one that did this.

31. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BAP For This Useful Post:

BAP and Fiction76, please contact a Moderator and become verified insiders for Katy's case.

Thanks for your work for Katy,

Laughing

Still nothing? I still keep Katy's phone number in my work binder. It keeps her memory alive. I keep checking to see if there's any news. Please keep looking.

I am KaiaEarth from the post above. We worked in Texas together. I just couldn't remember my password to get logged in so I re registered

35. The Following User Says Thank You to XDivaV For This Useful Post:

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123