CONVICTION OVERTURNED GA - Tonya Lynn, 38, Winder, 27 July 2011

KaylynnCouture

Reaction score
Winder police are interviewing the husband of 38-year-old Tonya Faye Lynn, missing since noon Wednesday.

Detectives have been talking to James Lynn, 39, since early Friday morning and were still talking with him at lunchtime, said Winder police spokesman Chris Cooper. Lynn has been cooperative, he said.

The missing woman's niece received a text message, ostensibly from the mother of four, around noon Wednesday asking her to take care of the woman’s children. The text message had been sent early that morning from Lynn’s cell phone, police said.

The niece tried to call back immediately, but the phone was turned off.

The niece discovered Lynn's abandoned vehicle in a local library not far from her home, according to investigators.

The last known contact anyone had with Lynn was shortly before midnight Tuesday. She did not show up for work Wednesday morning at Athens Regional Medical Center, police said.

Snipped: http://www.ajc.com/news/husband-of-missing-mother-1055502.html?cxtype=rss_news (Photo at link)

This is another one that sounds soooo suspicious... :(

It caught my attention b/c I lived in that area for about 10 years. There are just so many cases where wives disappear during a divorce. :no:

(FYI, the title might need to be changed to Winder, as it really is a good ways outside of Atlanta.)

This is another one that sounds soooo suspicious... :(

It caught my attention b/c I lived in that area for about 10 years. There are just so many cases where wives disappear during a divorce. :no:

(FYI, the title might need to be changed to Winder, as it really is a good ways outside of Atlanta.)

I agree, it sounds extremely suspicious to me too. I'm getting kind of tired of all these women disappearing during divorces and custody battles. It's really sad.

Anyway, I changed the title to Winder on my post, but it wouldn't let me change it for the entire thread..a mod might have to do that. Thanks for the heads up! :)

Missing Woman's Husband Charged With Murder

Police confirmed to Channel 2 Action News that the husband of a missing woman has been charged with murder.

Tonya Faye Lynn, 38, of Winder, was reported missing at about noon Wednesday.

The mother of four, who works at Athens Regional Medical Center, did not report to work on Wednesday morning, police said.

Police said someone sent a text message from Lynn’s cellphone to her niece asking that she take care of the woman’s children. When the niece tried to call back, the phone was turned off, police said.

Police questioned Lynn’s husband, James Morris Lynn on Friday.

Later in the afternoon police confirmed they found a body in a well about 3 p.m., but are not confirming if it is Tonya Lynn's. The GBI is taking the body to be positively identified.

Snipped: http://www.wsbtv.com/news/28707717/detail.html

This seems to be almost a daily event...unbelievable.

The Lynns, who were living apart, had a tumultuous marriage. A Barrow County judge issued a temporary protective order earlier this year, prohibiting Lynn from having any contact with his wife.

James Lynn was charged with battery in May after an incident in which he allegedly threw his wife off a mattress, injuring her knee. During one incident in which police were dispatched to the couple's home Tonya Lynn told an officer her husband "has a violent history."

Snipped: http://www.ajc.com/news/missing-winder-womans-husband-1055502.html

Oh no... Even though it seemed likely, it's so hard to take. WHY does this happen? WHY take the life of someone else, especially your spouse/SO?!? It just seems to defy all logic to me. Aside from the whole 'taking someone's life' (the most important thing here), do these folks not realize that living the rest of their life in prison or on death row is worse than living the rest of their life having to put up with someone who annoys them or takes their money in a divorce or gets the kids or whatever? I mean, seriously.

So very very sad from all angles, especially the kids.

I live in this area. My DIL is a nurse at the medical center, as was my mom. Heard on the Atlanta evening news that Tonya had been located. These restraining orders seem so limp and ineffective in a case like this where someone is so intent on malice. So often, it's just a piece of paper that's really impossible to enforce.

She was found in a well, which makes me wonder about potential sites for Celine Cass if indeed she is not alive.

My BF's husband is a Police officer in Winder Ga, he said that she was killed in the bathtub with a ball bat. Get this tho, his first wife also died in the bath tub but he was never charged with it.

I live in this area. My DIL is a nurse at the medical center, as was my mom. Heard on the Atlanta evening news that Tonya had been located. These restraining orders seem so limp and ineffective in a case like this where someone is so intent on malice. So often, it's just a piece of paper that's really impossible to enforce.

She was found in a well, which makes me wonder about potential sites for Celine Cass if indeed she is not alive.
Hello, I live in Auburn, nice to meet you neighbor..

My BF's husband is a Police officer in Winder Ga, he said that she was killed in the bathtub with a ball bat. Get this tho, his first wife also died in the bath tub but he was never charged with it.

Reminds me of Drew Peterson..
That's awful.

James Lynn Jr. was arrested on an obstruction charge Friday morning after detectives concluded information he gave them was false, Winder police spokesman Chris Cooper said.

Soon after Lynn's arrest, police located a body dumped in a well off Etheridge Road in Auburn, just a few miles from Winder. Cooper would not say what led detectives to the well in a densely wooded area near the Gwinnett County border. The body, believed to be Tonya Faye Lynn, 38, will be taken to the Georgia Crime Lab for a positive identification and, perhaps, an autopsy. If the identity is confirmed, police said James Lynn will likely be charged with murder.

Snipped from: http://www.ajc.com/news/missing-winder-womans-husband-1055502.html?cxtype=rss_news

They say there's a fine line between love and hate and we have been seeing that line crossed all too often nowadays. something has to change.. but what? I'm glad the husband is at least in custody. Those poor children.

This is horrible. I just do not understand why there are so many spousal murders going on. It makes you wonder why they got married in the 1st place. What makes them think this is the only way out? RIP Tonya and I pray for your children.

:eek:

I wonder where the children were when this happened.

:eek:

I wonder where the children were when this happened.

I think one of the articles said that the older ones were away that night, but the 7-yr-old was home... :(

ETA: Here's a quote - I can't find the original one I saw but I searched and found this:

On Tuesday three of the couple's four children spent the night elsewhere. According to Tonya Lynn's father, Earl Royster, his 14-year-old grandson stayed at a neighbor's home, his other grandson, 13, stayed with an uncle, and his 11-year-old granddaughter was with her aunt. Tonya Lynn's 7-year-old was the only child at her home.

http://www.klpw.com/content/mother-four-vanishes-niece-receives-cryptic-text-0

Yesterday, I received a private message on facebook that said the husband had been 'arrested multiple times in past'. It also said that there were 'three wives' (or 'significant others'). It also said that one died mysteriously in a 'hunting accident', the 2nd in a bathtub and now Tonya.

This is a small town northeast of Atlanta... Tonya and her family are pretty well known here by the locals who have been here all or most of our lives. It is very sad...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
idrainuk
Back