1294 users online (265 members and 1029 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SC - Linda New, 42, Greenville, 25 July 2011

Greenville County deputies said they are looking for a woman who was reported missing by her sister Wednesday.

Deputies said 42-year-old Linda New has not been seen since Monday, when she was with her nephew. They said that when the nephew returned later Monday he had been attacked.

Investigators said the nephew provided little information on how he was attacked and had not information on New's location.

Deputies said because of the circumstances surrounding the nephew's attack, New could be in danger.

New was described as white, 5-feet 4-inches tall and 160 pounds. She has brown hair and brown eyes. She was last seen wearing a black shirt and a thin, black leather jacket.

Snipped from: http://www.foxcarolina.com/story/151...r-deputies-say (Photo at link)
    Last edited by summer_breeze; 08-01-2011 at 06:00 PM.

Wonder how old the nephew is?
    Support Our Troops

http://www2.wspa.com/news/2011/jul/2...ng-ar-2204402/

The nephew couldn’t recall how he was assaulted and couldn’t remember where New could be found.
    Say what you mean, mean what you say, but don't say it mean.
    We are all just trying to make sense of an unimaginable crime.

Deputies said New was last seen with her nephew on Monday. New and her nephew left New's sister’s house on Clemson Avenue.

New’s sister, Rhonda Kelly, said, "She had no clothes. She had nothing. She took nothing. She said, ‘My pocketbook is here. I'm leaving my pocketbook here. I will be back.’"
    Snipped from: http://www.wyff4.com/r/28704550/detail.html

http://www.wyff4.com/news/28704550/detail.html

Deputies said New was last seen with her nephew on Monday. New and her nephew left New's sister’s house on Clemson Avenue.

New’s sister, Rhonda Kelly, said, "She had no clothes. She had nothing. She took nothing. She said, ‘My pocketbook is here. I'm leaving my pocketbook here. I will be back.’"
    Read more: http://www.wyff4.com/news/28704550/d...#ixzz1TX3IBIQo

More questions than answers.
    How did they leave the house? were they walking? Linda or nephew driving a vehicle? if they were in a vehicle did he come back in it?
    Why wait til Wednesday to report her missing?

My hinky meter is going off!!
    Support Our Troops

Does Linda live with her sister?

Did she leave in a car with her nephew?

Who is and how old is the nephew?

Did she tell her sister where they were going?

Why did she leave her pocketbook?

*sigh*

Woman's Body Found In Wooded Area Of Greenville Co.

Read more: http://www.wyff4.com/news/28712792/d...#ixzz1TYorhw17

SIGH.

Hinky...

Rest in peace, Linda.

The article says they found her personal affects around the body...but she left her purse back at the house? Mmmm.....wonder what personal affects they found?

What do they always say? WHO was the last person to see/was with the person? IMO

Pondering Mind is offline here a ponder, there a ponder...everywhere a ponder = ADD
    Over The Hills And Through The Woods..on the corner,S.C..
    it's kind of a rough drug infested area where this happened..I worked about 2 blocks away from there a year and a half ago and was robbed at gunpoint while at work one fine Friday morning..Caught the ****s after a police chase across town and a couple shots fired..and it was all on video tape, plain as day..start to finish. The ******* was just sentenced to 4 whole years back in December..but not for the armed robbery in which I was the victim..those little ol' charges were dropped because he pled guilty to ANOTHER armed robbery and at the ripe old age of 21 was already a convicted felon of course. Wish someone could help me understand the justice there! ..and to add insult to injury..NOBODY even let me know that he even had been to court!

Things don't look good in this case and I'm still confused as to the nephew..the sister that was on the news didn't sound like it was her son..IDK...Can't imagine why she would have been wearing a light jacket either..it's hot as hades here!
    ~"Be kinder than necessary, everyone is fighting some kind of battle"~

I'm sorry you were robbed, Pondering! Thank you for sharing that with us, and I'm glad you are okay!

Since you are a local, I though you might be able to provide a newspaper link to any information on this woman or her nephew. The links we have so far are for short TV news articles, but newspapers often give more details or have more comments. I am really frustrated that the nephew's age is not given. If he is a minor I would understand no name, but I'm betting he is not that young.

I'm afraid I'm leaning toward a drug connection here. No mention of where they were going when they left, and the nephew was not seriously injured but has no memory of what happened? Give me a break!

What is the name of the local newspaper? Thanks for your help!

They say family members of Linda Sue New, who disappeared Monday not far from the area, found her personal items nearby.
    Family members then called law enforcement, who discovered the body.

Read more: http://www.wyff4.com/news/28712792/d...#ixzz1TbEMkSiA

Major hink........so the family found the items, and then LE found body..........seems like the "family" knew where to look!
    If there's hink....there must be stink.

Pondering Mind is offline here a ponder, there a ponder...everywhere a ponder = ADD
    Over The Hills And Through The Woods..on the corner,S.C..
    TGIR, I've only seen the 2 articles, the last of which teh just posted..the rest was on the local news last night but no more really than what the 2 articles tell us..I do know that the 2 streets ..where she lived (or left from) and where the body was found, that sadly apparently is her..are like right next to each other..maybe a street between..I'll keep looking though and post if anything shows up..

The local paper is the Greenville News..but went to *pay to view* online a few months back..grrr..hated that! May be something in the Spartanburg Herald though..that's about 20 miles away..
    ~"Be kinder than necessary, everyone is fighting some kind of battle"~

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast