Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: CA Fullerton Officers Cicinelli and Ramos accused of beating Kelly Thomas to death

http://www.indybay.org/newsitems/201...0/18686492.php

And, this article is a breathe of fresh air....
    http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story?se...nty&id=8279826

I really hope the FBI is able to sort this out in the light, and not a back room.
    Last edited by sherbetjello; 08-01-2011 at 11:54 AM.
    "What the thinker thinks, the Prover proves". - Robert Anton Wilson

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to sherbetjello For This Useful Post:

There's a new video, taken from an Orange County bus. Local news is showing it. People are getting on the bus, commenting on the beating which was happening right at that moment...

"they're beating the (bleep) out of him"

'he (Thomas) was just chillin' and the cops came and surrounded him..."

"...pounded his face against the curb until his face was red...more cops came...pool full of blood"

"they killed him!"

People in the video sounded frightened, sirens wailing in the background.

I'm trying to find out where this video is posted.

4. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to JoeFromLB For This Useful Post:

OH man the anonymous informant that has been coming on John and ken in the afternoon is a treasure trove of information about the incident and about the major aggressor of the 6.
    I will link to the interview this guy has all the skinny.

6. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to JBean For This Useful Post:

I don't know what to even say about this. The pictures of the victim were heart-breaking, to say the least. I don't know...just...I mean, they BEAT him to DEATH! That's a very personal kind of rage. He wasn't accidentally shot, or in a car wreck. Beating someone to death, that's frightening to think about. IMO
    I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it left.

8. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Tuffy For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by JoeFromLB View Post
    There's a new video, taken from an Orange County bus. Local news is showing it. People are getting on the bus, commenting on the beating which was happening right at that moment...

"they're beating the (bleep) out of him"

'he (Thomas) was just chillin' and the cops came and surrounded him..."

"...pounded his face against the curb until his face was red...more cops came...pool full of blood"

"they killed him!"

People in the video sounded frightened, sirens wailing in the background.

I'm trying to find out where this video is posted.
    I have not seen that one yet but will seek it out.
    Joe the video that is in the hands of the authorities is supposed to be clear enough to see freckles. the dispatcher zoomed in on the incident and apparently it is crystal clear as to who did what to whom. Also, one LE who is considered that major aggressor is ex-LAPD as he lost an eye in a shooting 3 weeks into his police career in LA and was picked up by Fullerton PD. he was bragging after the incident regarding how he beat the carp out of Kelly.
    Will look for podcast-highly informative.

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to JBean For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Tuffy View Post
    I don't know what to even say about this. The pictures of the victim were heart-breaking, to say the least. I don't know...just...I mean, they BEAT him to DEATH! That's a very personal kind of rage. He wasn't accidentally shot, or in a car wreck. Beating someone to death, that's frightening to think about. IMO
    Tuffy, just for background info- the initial reports were that he fit the description of someone breaking into cars. When LE got there, he ran and that is what started the whole thing.
    He was murdered and unless that video shows otherwise, don't call me for jury duty cause my mind is made up.

12. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to JBean For This Useful Post:

The anonymous informer on the John and Ken show said the cop who did most of the damage was bragging about "beating the crap out of that guy (Thomas)" the next day in the locker room at the station.

There's a lot more on the cop and his history, none of it good. I'll wait until the interview is linked here.

Apparently that cop is still on duty, in plainclothes with the gang detail. He is not on desk duty, according to sources.

14. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to JoeFromLB For This Useful Post:

The anonymous informer on the John and Ken show said the cop who did most of the damage was bragging about "beating the crap out of that guy (Thomas)" the next day in the locker room at the station.

There's a lot more on the cop and his history, none of it good. I'll wait until the interview is linked here.

Apparently that cop is still on duty, in plainclothes with the gang detail. He is not on desk duty, according to sources.
    Anonymous Details:
    http://www.kfiam640.com/cc-common/po...8675_32410.mp3

You can scroll down to other interviews and discussion all worth listening to.

16. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to JBean For This Useful Post:

18. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to JBean For This Useful Post:

The police dispatchers are going to be the key here. They are the ones that zoomed the video in to capture everything on tape.

20. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to JBean For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by defense101 View Post
    This is so sad...to hear him calling for his father broke my heart. I am so glad to see the people of Fullerton standing up and voicing their anger keep it up until you have resolution in this case. This so senseless torture and beating of a human being perpetrated by those we believe are there to protect us, I don't know what else to say, I am at a loss for words every time this happens which is too often.
    Although, as I said upthread, I cannot bear to actually read this story, look at photos or watch the videos, or listen to the audio, late last night I remembered reading this post, that he was calling for his father, and I had to make myself stop thinking about it because I got emotional and really shaken up imaging that. It's so very sad imaging what that man endured. And to think that he wanted his dad... Unbearable to imagine.

22. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Saffron For This Useful Post:

hopefully the investigators will get the witnesses off the bus to make statements, to get all of the anonymous witnesses to also give statements, to make it matter all of the witnesses will have to testify in a court and for many testifying against the police when they will have to continue to live in the area and rely upon the same police force they testify against will be hard,

many will need a huge amount of courage to do so, I hope amongst the witnesses there are many brave people who are appalled at the horror of what was done to the victim and will be prepared to speak up for him,

it reminds me of the Frank Jude case, the blue wall was so high in that case that it took the federal courts to get him justice,

24. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to joe jones For This Useful Post:

Apparently that cop is still on duty, in plainclothes with the gang detail.
    God, I hope this is a misunderstanding. I pray that he's not out on the streets right now.

26. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Tuffy For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by joe jones View Post
    hopefully the investigators will get the witnesses off the bus to make statements, to get all of the anonymous witnesses to also give statements, to make it matter all of the witnesses will have to testify in a court and for many testifying against the police when they will have to continue to live in the area and rely upon the same police force they testify against will be hard,

many will need a huge amount of courage to do so, I hope amongst the witnesses there are many brave people who are appalled at the horror of what was done to the victim and will be prepared to speak up for him,

it reminds me of the Frank Jude case, the blue wall was so high in that case that it took the federal courts to get him justice,
    Listening to the witnesses on the bus, and their compassion over what they witnessed, is just a stark contrast to the inhumanity that we know was happening just minutes earlier.

This case bothers me so much. The more details I hear, I feel like I've been kicked in the gut.

28. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Tuffy For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by JBean View Post
    ***WARNING GRAPHIC PHOTO AT LINK WARNING WARNING WARNING GRAPHIC PHOTO AT LINK VIEWABLE IMMEDIATELY WHEN YOU ACCESS THE SITE***

CELL VIDEO IS AT LINK ALSO

http://reason.com/blog/2011/07/29/ho...es-after-being
    I'm in tears--so heartbreaking. I hope those responsible are held accountable and brought to justice. There is no excuse for this kind of brutality.

30. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to elfie For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by elfie View Post
    I'm in tears--so heartbreaking. I hope those responsible are held accountable and brought to justice. There is no excuse for this kind of brutality.
    I have been close......very close to watching that video, but I just cannot make myself hit that button.

The pictures alone are giving me nightmares.
    Say what you mean, mean what you say, but don't say it mean.
    We are all just trying to make sense of an unimaginable crime.

32. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Lovejac For This Useful Post:

Fullerton had their city council meeting tonight. was probably some fireworks in there.
    It was confirmed today that all officers are on paid administrative leave now.

34. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to JBean For This Useful Post:

http://www.newser.com/story/124999/a...alifornia.html

attorney for cops beginning the PR campaign

36. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to joe jones For This Useful Post:

In my life I have had maybe a dozen interactions with police, most have been negative. I have never been arrested, try to understand their position in society and that they are necessary for our protection. Still, it's hard sometimes. It's a job few of us would want to do and so often they wind up with ranks full of psychos/ control freaks. I've had them lie to a judge, follow me home from a routine traffic stop and sit in front of my house (until I called to get them to move), etc. And, I'm a white male who's worked all my life and played by the rules.
    I agree with a previous poster that the problem is getting worse lately. Everyone is on an economic edge and maybe that's why. I also just think a lot of cops regard the homeless as parasites and want to drive them out of society.
    'Never stop fighting..never give up'

Kevin Kostner as Eliott Ness in 'The Untouchables'

38. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Snick1946 For This Useful Post:

I went to Cal. State Fullerton. This makes me sad.

40. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Winward1 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by joe jones View Post
    http://www.newser.com/story/124999/a...alifornia.html

attorney for cops beginning the PR campaign
    I am just not buying it. I mentioned my epileptic son is combative, difficult and aggressive at best right after grand mals.
    One night he seized at the wheel and crashed into a wall. When he is coming out of a seizure he has no idea what is going on and in this case he has police and paramedic all around him. True to form he fought them off physically and cursed at them to leave him alone. It took 6 people-4 officers and 2 paramedics to get him into the ambulance! but they did not beat him up to do it. he was resisting in a major way, kicking,pushing thinking they were trying to harm him. he had no idea they were officers and EMT's.
    While I think this was the exception rather than the rule in the OC, I am extremely thankful that he got this group. They just continued to overpower him until they had him in restraints. No tazing,hitting,beating or anything.

So,it is possible to subdue someone when there are 6 of you and the target is unarmed.

42. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to JBean For This Useful Post:

I didn't watch the video or listen to the audio. The one hospital picture was enough for me.

In these type of public incidences, I ask myself "What would I have done?" as a spectator. I would want to answer that I would have been so outraged and (brave) that I would have dared a beating myself and confronted the police officers. But I think (honestly) I would have more guts going up to a gang of criminals doing it than LE. I'm pretty sure the RIGHT THING would be to confront anybody doing this, just don't know if I would have.

This case is disgusting, but let's remember this is such a small percentage of LE who are animals like this. Think of the ones who stay up all night looking for little kids who are missing, who risk their lives for us, and who get paid so little to protect us.

44. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to BrownRice For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BrownRice View Post
    I didn't watch the video or listen to the audio. The one hospital picture was enough for me.

In these type of public incidences, I ask myself "What would I have done?" as a spectator. I would want to answer that I would have been so outraged and (brave) that I would have dared a beating myself and confronted the police officers. But I think (honestly) I would have more guts going up to a gang of criminals doing it than LE. I'm pretty sure the RIGHT THING would be to confront anybody doing this, just don't know if I would have.

This case is disgusting, but let's remember this is such a small percentage of LE who are animals like this. Think of the ones who stay up all night looking for little kids who are missing, who risk their lives for us, and who get paid so little to protect us.
    I agree, BrownRice. I have the utmost respect for LE, and all emergency workers. I mean the ones who do their jobs properly. We trust them to deal with the worst of the human condition almost daily. That's why I also hold them to a high ethical standard, as would most working in those fields. The few that are bad, give all of them a bad name. They like to kick those types out really quick.

The right thing to do may have been for bystanders to jump in, or not. We don't know what would have happened. Don't forget the police are armed. If someone had jumped in we might just be looking at two dead victims. So tough call. All those bystanders who spoke up, and will testify against them are doing the right thing. IMO

46. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Tuffy For This Useful Post:

Dad: "Shock" over son who died after cop beating

(CBS/AP) FULLERTON, Calif. -- In the nearly two decades since his son descended into madness, Ron Thomas has worried every day that the schizophrenic 37-year-old would die of exposure or illness on the streets. He never imagined the end would come in a violent confrontation with police.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2011/...20087973.shtml
    If there's hink....there must be stink.

48. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to tehcloser For This Useful Post:

It is bad enough one has to try and protect againt criminals but how, oh how do you protect yourself against the police? Those we give massive power and authority to??? I really would appreciate any answers.

I can not listen/watch the video. Dear Lord! May justice come for Kelly Thomas and family. That poor man....

50. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Tig For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast