Page 9 of 24 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 225 of 599

Thread: IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 - #21

  1. #201
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Bloomington Indiana
    Posts
    347
    Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter812 View Post
    I'm on the scene. Just spoke with the on-camera reporter he's live at 6. Be back later..
    Hah, you must've just missed me.

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to Btown For This Useful Post:


  3. #202
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    533
    I haven't had much time to post but have been trying to keep up. I read several posts about the sleeping bag and wanted to comment.....

    It's surprising to me that so many seem to put so much stock into one random anonymous poster's comment about where the missing sleeping bag is. IMO that was just a random comment from someone who probably knows nothing.

    I have kids in college. First, most college kids we know don't take sleeping bags to school unless they're the outdoorsy camper types. Secondly, when my kids return for the summer, I wouldn't even know that a sleeping bag (or other item) was missing, most likely. They usually pile their stuff that they don't use on a daily basis, in storage, then get it out again when it's time to return. Now, IF they are the outdoorsy types who camp (and one of mine is), I'm not sure I'd still notice if a sleeping bag was missing. At that age, Mommy doesn't pack for them anymore. He'd likely grab his gear and go, then just go buy a new sleeping bag. I would probably not even know one was missing. IF I did, and suspected my son of something, I wouldn't be out telling my friends of my suspicions. I doubt he would tell anyone that his bag was missing either (if he is guilty). Therefore, I can't buy that some kid just happens to know that one of the POIs has a missing sleeping bag. IF LS was put in a sleeping bag, I don't think any of these POIs would tell anyone about it. This is not a big item (like a missing car). We're talking about a sleeping bag and college kids. I don't think anyone would notice that one is missing. Now, if someone else used another POIs bag without him knowing, and he's trying to frame that person, then that's a different story. This could explain why it's even brought up but it's the only explanation that I can think of.

  4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Gabby66 For This Useful Post:


  5. #203
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Bloomington Indiana
    Posts
    347
    Quote Originally Posted by carriepdx View Post
    I believe I remember hearing that 5 North privately contracted for garbage hauling (is someone able to confirm?).
    Confirmed.

  6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Btown For This Useful Post:


  7. #204
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    172
    Quote Originally Posted by Btown View Post
    Confirmed.
    Does all the trash still go to the same place?

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to cspring For This Useful Post:


  9. #205
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    129
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris007 View Post
    He said on the JR must talk site that he doesn't know anyone in the case just found them on twitter and started harassing them to try to get answers. But no he doesn't know LS or any of the POI.
    Thanks for that correction, Chris.

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to Carmen101 For This Useful Post:


  11. #206
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Bloomington Indiana
    Posts
    347
    Quote Originally Posted by cspring View Post
    Does all the trash still go to the same place?
    The Channel 13 news just said it goes to 2 different landfills.

  12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Btown For This Useful Post:


  13. #207
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    129
    Quote Originally Posted by imkeylime View Post
    ... but in the case I've mentioned before, the mother allegedly took a limo to a victim's house with a cash settlement, to avoid court. Appalling as that sounds, and it sounds very appalling.
    Keylime, is this a case one of the POI's was involved in? I don't remember the original post. Thanks.

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to Carmen101 For This Useful Post:


  15. #208
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    967
    Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter812 View Post
    LOL at the choice of a limo. I wonder if she intended it as a covert operation or an overt way to demonstrate she meant bidness.
    Covert and overt, perhaps? I'm not saying this to implicate JR, but the mother was from near the same area of SE MI. The son wasn't a murderer (yet), he was a repeat pedophile. Still, how disturbing to think she could do that.

    Re: the validity of the dumpster theory and why the landfill hasn't been/isn't being checked. I don't get it, either, unless LE did a followup dog check at the transfer station, and her scent didn't show up there so they think something else happened. But as you note, what would that be? Could she have been left by the dumpster in something and transferred elsewhere? That's too risky, I'd think. Or is LE not be totally forthcoming (their option, of course)?

  16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to imkeylime For This Useful Post:


  17. #209
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,745
    All thanks to Btown for the tip! I just happened to check WS before leaving my office. The reporter and I talked about the points he just made on the news. We're all shaking heads in disbelief over BPD! He said BPD turned over the landfill search to FBI.


  18. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Jupiter812 For This Useful Post:


  19. #210
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    129
    Quote Originally Posted by carriepdx View Post
    I believe I remember hearing that 5 North privately contracted for garbage hauling (is someone able to confirm?). I so hope that this Sycamore Ridge Landfill is where their garbage ends up.
    I remember that also, Carrie. I just checked the Bloomington trash pick-up schedule and plugged in a couple of addresses of the apt. complexes, and it looks like the City of Bloomington does not pick up the trash for those apts.

    Because of that, someone said that the trash is picked up on a different day by a private contractor, and I believe Friday was mentioned.

  20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Carmen101 For This Useful Post:


  21. #211
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,745
    Quote Originally Posted by Btown View Post
    Hah, you must've just missed me.
    I saw someone...wondered if it was you. But I won't ask unless you're cool with it. I would only ask whether you were standing in a certain location, nothing else.

  22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jupiter812 For This Useful Post:


  23. #212
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Bloomington Indiana
    Posts
    347
    Quote Originally Posted by Carmen101 View Post
    I remember that also, Carrie. I just checked the Bloomington trash pick-up schedule and plugged in a couple of addresses of the apt. complexes, and it looks like the City of Bloomington does not pick up the trash for those apts.

    Because of that, someone said that the trash is picked up on a different day by a private contractor, and I believe Friday was mentioned.
    The dumpster at 5 North says Sears and Sons.

    I've seen the [ame="http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&biw=1366&bih=653&ie=ISO-8859-1&q=Sears+and+sons+waste+removal&oq=Sears+and+sons +waste+removal&aq=f&aqi=g1&aql=&gs_sm=e&gs_upl=434 6l8314l0l8637l18l18l2l13l15l0l224l518l0.2.1l3l0"]Sears & Sons[/ame] Waste removal truck pick up dumpsters on Tuesday after 5pm in the neighborhood while I was taking pics to post on this site June 14th.

    That doesn't mean they don't pick up on Fridays though.

  24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Btown For This Useful Post:


  25. #213
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,745
    I was teasing the reporter how the news station should have a backdrop of Smallwood by now, rather than driving all the way here and setting up. He said "We should be in Terre Haute right now." He seemed pretty disgusted with BPD, the tech guy too. I asked but the reporter doesn't think the garbage zones can be correlated back to a specific area of town. I thought they could?

  26. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Jupiter812 For This Useful Post:


  27. #214
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    -Metro NYC
    Posts
    3,708
    Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter812 View Post
    I was teasing the reporter how the news station should have a backdrop of Smallwood by now, rather than driving all the way here and setting up. He said "We should be in Terre Haute right now." He seemed pretty disgusted with BPD, the tech guy too. I asked but the reporter doesn't think the garbage zones can be correlated back to a specific area of town. I thought they could?
    Yes, I though in one news article it was mentioned they used GPS to log in where garbage was being placed... got to look for a link...

  28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to OldSteve For This Useful Post:


  29. #215
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    967
    Quote Originally Posted by Carmen101 View Post
    Keylime, is this a case one of the POI's was involved in? I don't remember the original post. Thanks.
    Oh no, I'm sorry if I confused you. It's a very old MI case that's back in the spotlight, the Oakland County Child Killer (aka The Babysitter). The current suspect, Christopher Busch, is deceased. At the time, he was on probation for the sexual assault of several young boys, and two of the Oakland County Child Killer's victims (the boys) had been sexually assaulted. He was from a prominent Bloomfield Hills' family, and the mother allegedly "paid off" one sexual assault victim's family (in her limo). There's talk of a coverup, or at least mishandling, because Busch had a partner in the sexual assaults who went to prison while he got bail and probation.

    I guess what's important here is that the crimes appeared to be swept under the rug by at least one member of the family. So I feel it can happen.

  30. The Following User Says Thank You to imkeylime For This Useful Post:


  31. #216
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Bloomington Indiana
    Posts
    347
    Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter812 View Post
    I asked but the reporter doesn't think the garbage zones can be correlated back to a specific area of town. I thought they could?
    I would guess both yes and no.

    Trash is taken to a transfer station which is then bulldozed into a semi-trailer, which is taken to the landfill and dumped. A gps location is noted where the trailer dumps. And that shows perhaps what city and day that load was placed.

    However, that doesn't show what part of the town the trash came from. The transfer station does not ask where the trash came from when you leave the trash. They only want money.

    I presume the way they get money, (from commercial waste removal, individuals pay as they go) is to document the weight of the truck, the company, and get the driver to sign the ticket, then send them the bill.

    So it would seem to me that while the semi-trailer dump site is tagged, and that doesn't say precisely where in town the trash came from, one could go thru the transfer records for that day, and cross reference who the driver for the 5 North area was, and then you would have a good idea which semi that trash wound up on, and find it that way.

    That kind of papertrail is something the FBI excels at I've heard.

  32. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Btown For This Useful Post:


  33. #217
    thank the good lord and the fbi!!

  34. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mamamia54 For This Useful Post:


  35. #218
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    129

    Sycamore Ridge Landfill

    From: http://www.examiner.com/criminal-pro...local-landfill

    “Kenny DePasse, with Indiana's Republic Services, stated that Sycamore Ridge Landfill employs a GPS locating system when scheduling dumps made to the landfill, essentially ensuring the police will be accurately directed to the specific area in which IU trash has been dumped in the days following Lauren Spierer's disappearance.

    “Few law enforcement agencies enjoy that kind of direction when searching a landfill for potential crime victims, reducing the overall scope of the search if Bloomington PD moves forward.”

  36. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Carmen101 For This Useful Post:


  37. #219
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    517
    Quote Originally Posted by Btown View Post
    I would guess both yes and no.

    Trash is taken to a transfer station which is then bulldozed into a semi-trailer, which is taken to the landfill and dumped. A gps location is noted where the trailer dumps. And that shows perhaps what city and day that load was placed.

    However, that doesn't show what part of the town the trash came from. The transfer station does not ask where the trash came from when you leave the trash. They only want money.

    I presume the way they get money, (from commercial waste removal, individuals pay as they go) is to document the weight of the truck, the company, and get the driver to sign the ticket, then send them the bill.

    So it would seem to me that while the semi-trailer dump site is tagged, and that doesn't say precisely where in town the trash came from, one could go thru the transfer records for that day, and cross reference who the driver for the 5 North area was, and then you would have a good idea which semi that trash wound up on, and find it that way.

    That kind of papertrail is something the FBI excels at I've heard.
    Yep, and you'd hope that they have already been able to narrow it down some based on zeroing in on this particular landfill versus the "couple" they mentioned on the news.

  38. The Following User Says Thank You to bx2 For This Useful Post:


  39. #220
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    34,005
    Quote Originally Posted by Carmen101 View Post
    From: http://www.examiner.com/criminal-pro...local-landfill

    “Kenny DePasse, with Indiana's Republic Services, stated that Sycamore Ridge Landfill employs a GPS locating system when scheduling dumps made to the landfill, essentially ensuring the police will be accurately directed to the specific area in which IU trash has been dumped in the days following Lauren Spierer's disappearance.

    “Few law enforcement agencies enjoy that kind of direction when searching a landfill for potential crime victims, reducing the overall scope of the search if Bloomington PD moves forward.”
    But was it searched? Do we know?
    Just my opinion, of course.

  40. The Following User Says Thank You to cluciano63 For This Useful Post:


  41. #221
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,263
    Thank Goodness for some movement/news! I really hope they are working on resolution behind the scenes.

  42. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Darcyline For This Useful Post:


  43. #222
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    18,567
    Quote Originally Posted by cluciano63 View Post
    But was it searched? Do we know?
    Since he said "if Bloomington PD moves forward" I presume it has not been searched as of yet.
    Just my opinion

  44. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jjenny For This Useful Post:


  45. #223
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    517
    Quote Originally Posted by jenniek View Post
    omg that link says a search warrant was issued for the landfill!!!!

    http://www.wthr.com/story/15195963/s...d-for-landfill
    Same link has now been updated with the video showed on the news.

  46. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to bx2 For This Useful Post:


  47. #224
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    21
    It seems clear as day from the article that no, the landfill has not yet been searched. Look at the tenses.

    There were rumors on the FB Case Discussion page of negotiations with a POI. Does anybody else wonder whether this development could have come from that (if it's even true, it was mentioned somewhere days ago, buried in a lot of other posts).

  48. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Baked For This Useful Post:


  49. #225
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    48
    Quote Originally Posted by bx2 View Post
    Same link has now been updated with the video showed on the news.
    It makes me sad that part of the poster on the tree behind the reporter has been ripped down

  50. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to IndyMom For This Useful Post:


Page 9 of 24 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 621
    Last Post: 07-10-2011, 04:33 PM
  2. IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 - #13
    By SheWhoMustNotBeNamed in forum Lauren Spierer
    Replies: 636
    Last Post: 06-29-2011, 07:52 PM
  3. IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 #10
    By bessie in forum Lauren Spierer
    Replies: 911
    Last Post: 06-24-2011, 10:01 AM
  4. Replies: 707
    Last Post: 06-19-2011, 08:51 PM
  5. Replies: 541
    Last Post: 06-17-2011, 09:39 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •