841 users online (116 members and 725 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Silly String Birthday Party

Quote:
    Originally Posted by blueclouds
    hummmmmmmmm not touching her children at all? never thought of that.

BTW, on Unsolved Mysteries or a show like that, didn't her "former friend" say a couple of days after the murder, she went in and Darlie was walking all over the carpet that was still soaked in blood. Talking about her stuff. Not mentioning the boys at all?? Is that true or not?

BTW, lots to read Jeana, TY.

Yes, that is true. She made a comment something to the effect of "look what a mess they made in here."

Something else that bothered me. They had a garage sale and the proceeds went to her defense fund. They sold the boys stuff at a garage sale.

Not only that, but after the house was emptied of all of their personal belongings, one of the prosecutors was looking around the house and went up into the attic. He found a box of photograhs and other items - of the boys. They didn't even bother to take the kids' pictures.

Also, before Darlie's trial, the family gave to the neighbors items from the house. Now some people think that she was trying to earn favor with them by giving them things so that they wouldn't be too hard on her during their testimony. Unfortunately for her, it didn't work.

The family likes to complain about the vide of the "silly string party," being prejudicial. What they don't advertise is the fact that they INVITED the media to that party at the gravesite in exchange for money. They wanted the media to pay for their out of town friends and relatives to be put up in hotels.

They will tell you that before that gravesite party, there was a tearful service and Darlie was a wreck. For any of you who have seen that video and the ones that followed, you may have noticed that Darlie is fair skinned. When they've shown videotape of her when she actually did cry, her face was red, blotchy and puffy (just like any of ours would be, right?). The videotape of the silly string party doesn't show any redness, no blotchy skin, no bloodshot eyes, no puffy face. Just a happy, smiling, hot pant wearing, gum smacking

i had a friend who suddenly lost two boys about 15 years ago, so at the time of the routier murders, this was still a relatively fresh loss for her. i remember her comment that 2 weeks after the loss, she would barely be able to leave her bed, let alone throw silly string on the graves.

for all i think of his involvement, at least darin looked uncomfortable during that little episode.

now i know we all grieve differently (a la lee peterson) but IMHO she was way too happy yelling, and parading around with the silly string.

Quote Originally Posted by izzyB
    i had a friend who suddenly lost two boys about 15 years ago, so at the time of the routier murders, this was still a relatively fresh loss for her. i remember her comment that 2 weeks after the loss, she would barely be able to leave her bed, let alone throw silly string on the graves.

for all i think of his involvement, at least darin looked uncomfortable during that little episode.

now i know we all grieve differently (a la lee peterson) but IMHO she was way too happy yelling, and parading around with the silly string.
    Darlie will never live that silly string tape down. It's stuck to her like glue no matter how many times she tries to explain it away hey! And yes Darin did look uncomfortable, that struck me right away, his body language. That tapes means nothing to me, I don't hold her guilty because of it. The blood evidence tells the story of what happened and what didn't happen in that house that night.

Yup, the Campfire girls LOVE to tell the story of the jury watching that tape 8 times. I've always believed that they watched it so many times searching for anything in Darlie's face that says "I'm INNOCENT." It wasn't there. Darin did look appropriately freaked out by the whole thing, which is why I was surprised to come to the realization that he's a big fat liar. At first I did not think he was involved. We've seen videos of Darlie when she actually cried (of course she was in prison and crying for herself). However, it was easy to tell she was really crying and her face was red, puffy, runny. However, for me to believe that she cried just minutes before that tape was shot, I'd need to see some proof. She didn't have that "just cried" look about her and should have. Also, them saying that she was putting on a brave face so as to not scare the kids that were there is a bunch of crap. If your boys are murdered, died from a car accident, or how EVER they died, there is no way you'd be able to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeana (DP)
    Yup, the Campfire girls LOVE to tell the story of the jury watching that tape 8 times. I've always believed that they watched it so many times searching for anything in Darlie's face that says "I'm INNOCENT." It wasn't there. Darin did look appropriately freaked out by the whole thing, which is why I was surprised to come to the realization that he's a big fat liar. At first I did not think he was involved. We've seen videos of Darlie when she actually cried (of course she was in prison and crying for herself). However, it was easy to tell she was really crying and her face was red, puffy, runny. However, for me to believe that she cried just minutes before that tape was shot, I'd need to see some proof. She didn't have that "just cried" look about her and should have. Also, them saying that she was putting on a brave face so as to not scare the kids that were there is a bunch of crap. If your boys are murdered, died from a car accident, or how EVER they died, there is no way you'd be able to do that.
    ITA, she looks too jovial to me. I suggested maybe she popped a few phen fen that morning, LOL. She was playing to the cameras I'm sure. Her fifteen minutes of fame. I've always felt Darin was involved somehow. That hokey story of hers just didn't wash and his is even more ridiculous. He wakes up when a fragile glass breaks downstairs, yeah right.

Is there a link to where the video can be viewed? I'd like to refresh my memory of the whole thing.

Quote Originally Posted by WindChime

Quote:
    Originally Posted by blueclouds
    hummmmmmmmm not touching her children at all? never thought of that.

BTW, on Unsolved Mysteries or a show like that, didn't her "former friend" say a couple of days after the murder, she went in and Darlie was walking all over the carpet that was still soaked in blood. Talking about her stuff. Not mentioning the boys at all?? Is that true or not?

BTW, lots to read Jeana, TY.

Yes, that is true. She made a comment something to the effect of "look what a mess they made in here."

Something else that bothered me. They had a garage sale and the proceeds went to her defense fund. They sold the boys stuff at a garage sale.

Not only that, but after the house was emptied of all of their personal belongings, one of the prosecutors was looking around the house and went up into the attic. He found a box of photograhs and other items - of the boys. They didn't even bother to take the kids' pictures.

Also, before Darlie's trial, the family gave to the neighbors items from the house. Now some people think that she was trying to earn favor with them by giving them things so that they wouldn't be too hard on her during their testimony. Unfortunately for her, it didn't work.

The family likes to complain about the vide of the "silly string party," being prejudicial. What they don't advertise is the fact that they INVITED the media to that party at the gravesite in exchange for money. They wanted the media to pay for their out of town friends and relatives to be put up in hotels.

They will tell you that before that gravesite party, there was a tearful service and Darlie was a wreck. For any of you who have seen that video and the ones that followed, you may have noticed that Darlie is fair skinned. When they've shown videotape of her when she actually did cry, her face was red, blotchy and puffy (just like any of ours would be, right?). The videotape of the silly string party doesn't show any redness, no blotchy skin, no bloodshot eyes, no puffy face. Just a happy, smiling, hot pant wearing, gum smacking
    check this out, LOL http://www.fordarlieroutier.org/CompFriends.html

Quote Originally Posted by Arielle
    Is there a link to where the video can be viewed? I'd like to refresh my memory of the whole thing.

NOt to my knowledge. All the videos have been removed from the website.

Quote Originally Posted by cami
    Well that lady contradicts her entire family because they said she was crying hysterically just moments before the party. So, how she can "grieve" for one minute and flip a switch and turn it off is beyond me, but then again, I don't expect to be able to get inside the mind of a monster who would murder her boys in their sleep.

Arielle, I believe the original airing was on Fox New, local channel 4. It will be available there.

Did anybody notice Darlie's perfect manicure on the tape? She had to have had them done that day or the day before. After the attacks, surgery and hospitalization, her nails would have looked terrible, yet they are perfect at the Silly String party. She's thinking about getting a manicure within days of her sons' murders?
    Beesy Was Here

So I held my head up high
    Hiding hate that burns inside
    Which only fuels their selfish pride
    We're all held captive
    Out from the sun
    A sun that shines on only some
    We the meek are all in one
    Creed
    My Own Prison

Quote Originally Posted by beesy
    Did anybody notice Darlie's perfect manicure on the tape? She had to have had them done that day or the day before. After the attacks, surgery and hospitalization, her nails would have looked terrible, yet they are perfect at the Silly String party. She's thinking about getting a manicure within days of her sons' murders?
    She had a family member notify the press that she would be at the cemetery that day to do the silly string party. Apparently one station paid for relatives to stay in a hotel for the funerals, contingent upon her giving them an exclusive. So the silly string party and the interview was her paying that debt or arrangement if you prefer. Yes, it is probably true that she had a manicure before the taping. It was said she had very short nails. I don't recall the video detail. Do you remember if her nails were long or short?

"The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense." - Tom Clancy

Quote Originally Posted by Goody
    She had a family member notify the press that she would be at the cemetery that day to do the silly string party. Apparently one station paid for relatives to stay in a hotel for the funerals, contingent upon her giving them an exclusive. So the silly string party and the interview was her paying that debt or arrangement if you prefer. Yes, it is probably true that she had a manicure before the taping. It was said she had very short nails. I don't recall the video detail. Do you remember if her nails were long or short?
    Her nails are definitely very short in photos after the crime

Quote Originally Posted by Dani_T
    Her nails are definitely very short in photos after the crime
    I was wondering if she had nails put on, too. I have not paid much attention to that detail before, but it struck me when it was mentioned here that her nails appeared to be manicured at the SSP.

O, and it seems like I remember something about them not being able to get any tissue from under her nails because they were too short to produce anything.

"The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense." - Tom Clancy

Quote Originally Posted by Goody
    I was wondering if she had nails put on, too. I have not paid much attention to that detail before, but it struck me when it was mentioned here that her nails appeared to be manicured at the SSP.

O, and it seems like I remember something about them not being able to get any tissue from under her nails because they were too short to produce anything.
    I just had a look at the Silly String Video on 20/20 (via Just Darlie) and I couldn't see her hands at all, and hence no way to tell if they were manicured or not.

Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast