Silly String Birthday Party

CW

Former Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueclouds
hummmmmmmmm not touching her children at all? never thought of that.

BTW, on Unsolved Mysteries or a show like that, didn't her "former friend" say a couple of days after the murder, she went in and Darlie was walking all over the carpet that was still soaked in blood. Talking about her stuff. Not mentioning the boys at all?? Is that true or not?

BTW, lots to read Jeana, TY.

Yes, that is true. She made a comment something to the effect of "look what a mess they made in here."

Something else that bothered me. They had a garage sale and the proceeds went to her defense fund. They sold the boys stuff at a garage sale.

Not only that, but after the house was emptied of all of their personal belongings, one of the prosecutors was looking around the house and went up into the attic. He found a box of photograhs and other items - of the boys. They didn't even bother to take the kids' pictures.

Also, before Darlie's trial, the family gave to the neighbors items from the house. Now some people think that she was trying to earn favor with them by giving them things so that they wouldn't be too hard on her during their testimony. Unfortunately for her, it didn't work.

The family likes to complain about the vide of the "silly string party," being prejudicial. What they don't advertise is the fact that they INVITED the media to that party at the gravesite in exchange for money. They wanted the media to pay for their out of town friends and relatives to be put up in hotels.

They will tell you that before that gravesite party, there was a tearful service and Darlie was a wreck. For any of you who have seen that video and the ones that followed, you may have noticed that Darlie is fair skinned. When they've shown videotape of her when she actually did cry, her face was red, blotchy and puffy (just like any of ours would be, right?). The videotape of the silly string party doesn't show any redness, no blotchy skin, no bloodshot eyes, no puffy face. Just a happy, smiling, hot pant wearing, gum smacking

i had a friend who suddenly lost two boys about 15 years ago, so at the time of the routier murders, this was still a relatively fresh loss for her. i remember her comment that 2 weeks after the loss, she would barely be able to leave her bed, let alone throw silly string on the graves.

for all i think of his involvement, at least darin looked uncomfortable during that little episode.

now i know we all grieve differently (a la lee peterson) but IMHO she was way too happy yelling, and parading around with the silly string.

izzyB said:
i had a friend who suddenly lost two boys about 15 years ago, so at the time of the routier murders, this was still a relatively fresh loss for her. i remember her comment that 2 weeks after the loss, she would barely be able to leave her bed, let alone throw silly string on the graves.

for all i think of his involvement, at least darin looked uncomfortable during that little episode.

now i know we all grieve differently (a la lee peterson) but IMHO she was way too happy yelling, and parading around with the silly string.

Darlie will never live that silly string tape down. It's stuck to her like glue no matter how many times she tries to explain it away hey! And yes Darin did look uncomfortable, that struck me right away, his body language. That tapes means nothing to me, I don't hold her guilty because of it. The blood evidence tells the story of what happened and what didn't happen in that house that night.

Yup, the Campfire girls LOVE to tell the story of the jury watching that tape 8 times. I've always believed that they watched it so many times searching for anything in Darlie's face that says "I'm INNOCENT." It wasn't there. Darin did look appropriately freaked out by the whole thing, which is why I was surprised to come to the realization that he's a big fat liar. At first I did not think he was involved. We've seen videos of Darlie when she actually cried (of course she was in prison and crying for herself). However, it was easy to tell she was really crying and her face was red, puffy, runny. However, for me to believe that she cried just minutes before that tape was shot, I'd need to see some proof. She didn't have that "just cried" look about her and should have. Also, them saying that she was putting on a brave face so as to not scare the kids that were there is a bunch of crap. If your boys are murdered, died from a car accident, or how EVER they died, there is no way you'd be able to do that.

Jeana (DP) said:
Yup, the Campfire girls LOVE to tell the story of the jury watching that tape 8 times. I've always believed that they watched it so many times searching for anything in Darlie's face that says "I'm INNOCENT." It wasn't there. Darin did look appropriately freaked out by the whole thing, which is why I was surprised to come to the realization that he's a big fat liar. At first I did not think he was involved. We've seen videos of Darlie when she actually cried (of course she was in prison and crying for herself). However, it was easy to tell she was really crying and her face was red, puffy, runny. However, for me to believe that she cried just minutes before that tape was shot, I'd need to see some proof. She didn't have that "just cried" look about her and should have. Also, them saying that she was putting on a brave face so as to not scare the kids that were there is a bunch of crap. If your boys are murdered, died from a car accident, or how EVER they died, there is no way you'd be able to do that.

ITA, she looks too jovial to me. I suggested maybe she popped a few phen fen that morning, LOL. She was playing to the cameras I'm sure. Her fifteen minutes of fame. I've always felt Darin was involved somehow. That hokey story of hers just didn't wash and his is even more ridiculous. He wakes up when a fragile glass breaks downstairs, yeah right.

Is there a link to where the video can be viewed? I'd like to refresh my memory of the whole thing.

WindChime said:

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueclouds
hummmmmmmmm not touching her children at all? never thought of that.

BTW, on Unsolved Mysteries or a show like that, didn't her "former friend" say a couple of days after the murder, she went in and Darlie was walking all over the carpet that was still soaked in blood. Talking about her stuff. Not mentioning the boys at all?? Is that true or not?

BTW, lots to read Jeana, TY.

Yes, that is true. She made a comment something to the effect of "look what a mess they made in here."

Something else that bothered me. They had a garage sale and the proceeds went to her defense fund. They sold the boys stuff at a garage sale.

Not only that, but after the house was emptied of all of their personal belongings, one of the prosecutors was looking around the house and went up into the attic. He found a box of photograhs and other items - of the boys. They didn't even bother to take the kids' pictures.

Also, before Darlie's trial, the family gave to the neighbors items from the house. Now some people think that she was trying to earn favor with them by giving them things so that they wouldn't be too hard on her during their testimony. Unfortunately for her, it didn't work.

The family likes to complain about the vide of the "silly string party," being prejudicial. What they don't advertise is the fact that they INVITED the media to that party at the gravesite in exchange for money. They wanted the media to pay for their out of town friends and relatives to be put up in hotels.

They will tell you that before that gravesite party, there was a tearful service and Darlie was a wreck. For any of you who have seen that video and the ones that followed, you may have noticed that Darlie is fair skinned. When they've shown videotape of her when she actually did cry, her face was red, blotchy and puffy (just like any of ours would be, right?). The videotape of the silly string party doesn't show any redness, no blotchy skin, no bloodshot eyes, no puffy face. Just a happy, smiling, hot pant wearing, gum smacking

check this out, LOL http://www.fordarlieroutier.org/CompFriends.html

Arielle said:
Is there a link to where the video can be viewed? I'd like to refresh my memory of the whole thing.

NOt to my knowledge. All the videos have been removed from the website.

cami said:

Well that lady contradicts her entire family because they said she was crying hysterically just moments before the party. So, how she can "grieve" for one minute and flip a switch and turn it off is beyond me, but then again, I don't expect to be able to get inside the mind of a monster who would murder her boys in their sleep.

Did anybody notice Darlie's perfect manicure on the tape? She had to have had them done that day or the day before. After the attacks, surgery and hospitalization, her nails would have looked terrible, yet they are perfect at the Silly String party. She's thinking about getting a manicure within days of her sons' murders?

beesy said:
Did anybody notice Darlie's perfect manicure on the tape? She had to have had them done that day or the day before. After the attacks, surgery and hospitalization, her nails would have looked terrible, yet they are perfect at the Silly String party. She's thinking about getting a manicure within days of her sons' murders?
She had a family member notify the press that she would be at the cemetery that day to do the silly string party. Apparently one station paid for relatives to stay in a hotel for the funerals, contingent upon her giving them an exclusive. So the silly string party and the interview was her paying that debt or arrangement if you prefer. Yes, it is probably true that she had a manicure before the taping. It was said she had very short nails. I don't recall the video detail. Do you remember if her nails were long or short?

Goody said:
She had a family member notify the press that she would be at the cemetery that day to do the silly string party. Apparently one station paid for relatives to stay in a hotel for the funerals, contingent upon her giving them an exclusive. So the silly string party and the interview was her paying that debt or arrangement if you prefer. Yes, it is probably true that she had a manicure before the taping. It was said she had very short nails. I don't recall the video detail. Do you remember if her nails were long or short?

Her nails are definitely very short in photos after the crime

Dani_T said:
Her nails are definitely very short in photos after the crime
I was wondering if she had nails put on, too. I have not paid much attention to that detail before, but it struck me when it was mentioned here that her nails appeared to be manicured at the SSP.

O, and it seems like I remember something about them not being able to get any tissue from under her nails because they were too short to produce anything.

Goody said:
I was wondering if she had nails put on, too. I have not paid much attention to that detail before, but it struck me when it was mentioned here that her nails appeared to be manicured at the SSP.

O, and it seems like I remember something about them not being able to get any tissue from under her nails because they were too short to produce anything.

I just had a look at the Silly String Video on 20/20 (via Just Darlie) and I couldn't see her hands at all, and hence no way to tell if they were manicured or not.

Dani_T said:
I just had a look at the Silly String Video on 20/20 (via Just Darlie) and I couldn't see her hands at all, and hence no way to tell if they were manicured or not.
You can see her nails on the Silly String video they showed on Forensic Files on A&E a couple of weeks ago. She puts her head and arm on I think its Dana's shoulder for a second and you can see Darlie's nails on that hand.They are most likely acrylic and are painted a burgundy color.
I don't know if the 20/20 video shows that part of the video or not, but it was on that episode of Forensic Files

beesy said:
You can see her nails on the Silly String video they showed on Forensic Files on A&E a couple of weeks ago. She puts her head and arm on I think its Dana's shoulder for a second and you can see Darlie's nails on that hand.They are most likely acrylic and are painted a burgundy color.
I don't know if the 20/20 video shows that part of the video or not, but it was on that episode of Forensic Files
That is an interesting little detail you found there, Beesy. Bravo. I had never noticed her nails except that they were short. So she went out and had a manicure plus after the funeral, probably for her TV debut. I talked to someone once who had a friend in Texas who spotted her out and about in the two weeks after the murders and before her arrest, and they said she was out to dinner in a nice restaurant with a large group and she was drinking and raising toasts and laughing, just having a good time. It is hard to understand someone being that detached, but apparently she was.

Goody said:
. I talked to someone once who had a friend in Texas who spotted her out and about in the two weeks after the murders and before her arrest, and they said she was out to dinner in a nice restaurant with a large group and she was drinking and raising toasts and laughing, just having a good time. It is hard to understand someone being that detached, but apparently she was.
Ugh! that woman disgusts me! I also lost a son Goody and I don't remember being concerned with my looks or having fun dining out. I have 2 other children and we did go to a Halloween party about 3 weeks after he died. I did it for them only. I enjoyed watching them, but could only put on a happy face for about 2 hours. What annoyed me is one of my mother's friends came over to me and said she was glad to see me out! It seems today people don't want you to "mourn". You're supposed to just bounce right back after the initial shock. I hardly think that was Darlie's problem though. She certainly wasn't drinking and toasting so what was left of her family could still have a nice dinner out! She was doing that for Darlie. I went out so my other 2 kids could still have a fun Halloween. The more I hear, the more I want push the plungers myself!

Like you Beesy I lost my youngest son 7 years ago. I remember having to be dressed as I couldn't even do it myself. I didn't want to, didn't know how (shock factor) and had to wear the same clothes I was wearing when my son was killed. The days blended into each other and I had to go on (like you) for my other children. I wasn't very good at it though - but that's a whole other story.

Anyway, a couple of things I'd like to mention.

One, I wanted to take our dogs to the funeral. Apparently, I dispatched someone to go into town for new collars and leads.

Secondly, 2 weeks after my son's death I saw this strange woman in the mirror - it was me - I'd aged 20 years.

A thing about grieving is that we all do it in different ways. Maybe the silly string and the nails are just that?

I'd like to think that Darli as a mother didn't kill her children. A mother nurtures - doesn't kill for profit.

SallyLu said:
Like you Beesy I lost my youngest son 7 years ago. I remember having to be dressed as I couldn't even do it myself. I didn't want to, didn't know how (shock factor) and had to wear the same clothes I was wearing when my son was killed. The days blended into each other and I had to go on (like you) for my other children. I wasn't very good at it though - but that's a whole other story.

Anyway, a couple of things I'd like to mention.

One, I wanted to take our dogs to the funeral. Apparently, I dispatched someone to go into town for new collars and leads.

Secondly, 2 weeks after my son's death I saw this strange woman in the mirror - it was me - I'd aged 20 years.

A thing about grieving is that we all do it in different ways. Maybe the silly string and the nails are just that?

I'd like to think that Darli as a mother didn't kill her children. A mother nurtures - doesn't kill for profit.
Actually that's what I used to say about this case. I lost a very close friend in 1987 and some friends and I did some strange things. Her birthday was 7 days after she died and several of us had a beer party on her grave. However, we were sitting down, not whooping it up. Simply toasting her. She was a big drinker, by the way, a party girl, but a sweetie. We didn't tell anybody else because it sounds a little weird I know, but she didn't mind.
So when I heard about this Darlie case and saw The Silly String Party, I even said "well there needs to be other evidence because people grieve in different ways". I love true crime and I bought 4 books about the case. She nearly snowed me even then too, for the same reasons. A mother doing this? When my son died in '03 I unfortunately learned what it feels like to lose a child. I got into her case again for some reason and saw it this time from a mother's eyes. When my son died, I didn't even remember how I got home from the hospital. I went out to the driveway and there were no cars there. Where were they? I called my parents and found out a friend had driven me and my husband home and my husband's car was still at work and my car was at the hospital. The things you and I did were for our sons, not for ourselves. You wanted the dogs there for him, right? Would you have had your nails done? No, you couldn't even dress yourself. You ended up wearing the same clothes. I aged also, didn't care how I looked. Did Darlie?
I guess my point is this: Darlie killed her 2 boys and showed no remorse until her butt got arrested. She nor her supporters have ever mentioned anything like you did, unable to dress yourself or sending someone out for the dogs, or forgetting where the cars are. The only things she forgets are the things that happened during the attack. She was always alert and could answer simple questions and her vitals were always normal. Remember that they invited a news crew to film the party. Like I said, my friends and I were a little embarrassed drinking beer on our friend's fresh grave. It was not a fun party either. Darlie had fun and wanted everybody else to know that! They say the easiest answer is usually the right one and in this case it's that Darlie did it

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laayla
Back