Salem

Former Member
Reaction score
Please continue here.

Thread 1

Thread 2

Thread 3

Thread 4

ALSO - please remember, we do NOT sleuth minors, we do NOT post identifying information about minors, we do NOT name minors.

If a minor is a victim or has been publically named by LE as a perp, then their name may be used. In this particular case, the ONLY minor that may be identified by name is Max, because he was a victim. ALL other minors are OFF THE TABLE.

This is a strict rule and your cooperation is appreciated.

Thanks,

Salem

ETA: Further explanation on minor names. Even when quoting from MSM or other sources, if the minor is not the victim or the perp, we change the name to initials. We do NOT quote the name of the minor. This is to protect the minor. Please keep that in mind. Try to put yourself in the shoes of the parent of that minor. What would you think if your child's name was splattered all over the web.

Thanks Guys!

Wow! I have only been unavailable for 48 hours and I have over 20 pages to to read and catch up on! You guys have been busy! :maddening:
Luckily it is Sunday night and I am on the west coast, so maybe I can catch up! Man this family of mine is just going to have to put everything on hold until an arrest is made on this case!:crazy:

I've been gone all day - anything new? Any new theories today?

well, i started out this morning on the fence and i am still there. i am leaning toward homicide now, but not sure. i just do not see her doing that to herself. it would require too much. if she jumped from balcony it would be awkward with the way the rope was tied to the balcony itself. if she stood on the table that would require that she do a fair amount of prep outside and naked with her hands and feet bound. also, her legs are bent. in fact, it looks like if you sat her up she would sit right into a chair. that's jmo.

Her legs do appear bend. That suggests to me she was hanging really low, with her feet basically on the ground and bend at the knees (if she actually died from hanging). Which scenario could that fit-her jumping off the balcony or her stepping of the table? Would be really interesting to know what AS described on how he found her. I also think it would be pretty difficult to either jump of the balcony or to get onto the table to step off with hands and feet bound

Wow! I have only been unavailable for 48 hours and I have over 20 pages to to read and catch up on! You guys have been busy! :maddening:
Luckily it is Sunday night and I am on the west coast, so maybe I can catch up! Man this family of mine is just going to have to put everything on hold until an arrest is made on this case!:crazy:

Just when we came off the Anthony case and we didn't have time to catch up! Now, here we go again. Night, I think! :seeya:

I think she was dead and maybe not hanging. I have looked at the tapes and pics many times and I see what Inobu suggested.

The hanging may not have happened at all. I had to act like I was cutting RN down (had she been hanging)..no way would the scene look like this.

Her body would be closer to the side walk.

The cord would be down close to the body it would trail from the middle of the balcony..not from the garage apt.

If she was hanging close enough to the ground to have caused her knees to bend..AS would not have to use the table to climb on to cut her down.

It certainly is a good way to try to cover strangulation marks.. Saying that a person was hanging and you cut them down..gives reason for AS finger prints to be on her body.

It is a good way to explain away bruises.

I couldnt get to see tonight ..I kept getting this sick feeling about RN's murder..that someone may get away with it.

I just checked back on all the other threads and do not know if this has been brought up or not, so here it goes.

Adam found the body at "6:45 a.m. Wednesday".

Temperatures that day were a low of 60 degrees overnight Tuesday into Wednesday and a high of 73. It was sunny that day with no precipitation the night before.

Sunset Tuesday night was at 7:46 PM and sunrise on Wednesday was at 6:02 AM.

Moon .. waxing 1/4 visible.

which brings me to the question of how RN could bind her hands behind her back, and her feet, and step up and over the balcony railing or jump off that table in total darkness??

Now of course there could be light from the room or hallway that the balcony opened into .. and there might be outside security lights that would be on at night, but ...

I think she was dead and maybe not hanging. I have looked at the tapes and pics many times and I see what Inobu suggested.

The hanging may not have happened at all. I had to act like I was cutting RN down (had she been hanging)..no way would the scene look like this.

Her body would be closer to the side walk.

The cord would be down close to the body it would trail from the middle of the balcony..not from the garage apt.

If she was hanging close enough to the ground to have caused her knees to bend..AS would not have to use the table to climb on to cut her down.

It certainly is a good way to try to cover strangulation marks.. Saying that a person was hanging and you cut them down..gives reason for AS finger prints to be on her body.

It is a good way to explain away bruises.

I couldnt get to see tonight ..I kept getting this sick feeling about RN's murder..that someone may get away with it.

..my problem is ( and i'm not intending to be argumentative):

..we don't know (for certain) if her body, as we see it in pics, is where adam placed her-----or the EMT's placed her to work on her while waiting for the fire dept. to arrive and pronouce her dead.

..adam MAY have cut her down and placed her in a more sheltered / and closer --to where he cut her down-- area over on the patio/side walk ....and the EMT's moved her to a more "open accessible" area.

..i can't help but think back to the OJ case---when the (inexperienced cop) ran into nicole brown's house, grabbed a blanket, and covered her body.
( compromising evidence --the scene etc..he simply reacted....)

..coronado last had a murder 10 years ago---they don't even have a homicide department----it's POSSIBLE these cops are "unfamiliar" with protocol, especially with the excitement of a possible murder! hanging! dead body! high profile mansion crime scene!

..san diego PD was called in, as was the california dept of justice to handle the case...along with coronado S.O.

..we "see" the body as it was caught on video later that afternoon----not at 6:58 a.m. when the call was made and LE arrived.

..i do agree that handling the body would be a good way to cover a persons DNA etc ON the body....it wouldn't be enough though if she had been strangled. ligature marks from that and hanging will be very different -----if LE has the final autopsy report, they'll already know this one.

..hopefully---this week---we'll get something from LE to work with!

..sleep tight pferrin---all we can do is keep these cases "alive" and do what we can to fight-the-fight-- for the victim(s).

Seems like more everyday I am convinced that she didnt hang.

There really haven't been any valid reasons that have been presented to make me think that she would have commited suicide.

She also loved JS ..she would want to be there to be supportive. am certain she was hurting because she loved Maxie.

thanks laurie..you have good arguments and I do know More will be revealed.

and then we have the issue of Rigor Mortis ...

In an average person at ordinary room temperature, rigor usually becomes apparent at 2-4 hours after death. It usually is complete at 12-18 hours after death. It usually begins to go away 24-36 hours after death. And it has usually disappeared 48 hours after death. Classically, rigor first becomes apparent in the muscles of the face and jaw and spreads "downward" through the body to involve the trunk and extremities. If an individual was engaged in strenuous activity prior to death, rigor will develop sooner in the muscles used for that activity. Disappearance of rigor generally follows the same pattern, disappearing first in the head and then extending to the trunk and extremities. Lividity generally becomes visible between 1/2 and 4 hours following death. It becomes well developed within the next 3 to 4 hours , and is maximally developed at 8 to 12 hours following death. Lividity becomes fixed at around 8 to 12 hours following death. At death, a number of changes begin to take place in the body on the microscopic and biochemical levels. Enzymes are released which begin to break down the body's tissue. Bacteria from the intestine and from around the body orifices proliferate, and also begin to break down the tissues. In time, these processes become grossly visible as decomposition. Decomposition continues until all of the body's soft tissues are gone. Under "usual" conditions at around 24-36 hours after death, blue-green discoloration of the lower abdomen is visible. This is followed by marbling, which derives its unique pattern from the blood vessels of the skin. Blood in the vessels breaks down and seeps out into the surrounding tissues, resulting in the complex, branching pattern. At 36 to 48 hours after death, bloating of the face and trunk may be evident. The whole body will show decomposition change at 60-72 hours after death. The rate at which decomposition develops depends on a number of factors. Whether the body is in the open, in water, or buried will greatly affect the rate of decomposition. Bodies in air will decompose most quickly, and buried bodies most slowly (rule of thumb: 1 week in air = 2 weeks in water = 8 weeks in ground). In general, "increased temperature will increase the rate of decomposition. Insulation in the form of clothing or body fat will *advertiser censored* body cooling and hence increase the rate of decomposition. In general, cold will delay the development of decomposition. The only certain way to determine the time of death is to be there when it happens. From the preceding description of postmortem changes, it should be apparent that evidence from the body alone is insufficient to reach a reasonable conclusion regarding the time of death. Determination of the time of death is a team effort, since a thorough scene examination will not only document vital information about the environment in which a body was found, but also will reveal information unrelated to the condition of the body which will aid in determining the time of death. Careful consideration of all factors will not allow a pinpoint determination of the time of death. At best, a range for time of death can be established. The range of death is the period of time in which death is believed to have occurred. The more available information about a death, the more the range can be narrowed. The widest range "is the time between when the person was last known alive and when the body was found. Temperature, humidity, clothing and the environment can help determine time of death. All these things must be considered.(courtesy Somerset/JMT)

Can I make a suggestion? I just got done catching up on Thread #4 and find it time and space consuming to see "quotes" repeated in their entirety. Often a reply is referencing a "bolded" sentence or two, so why not include just that in the "quote", to save space.

We're already on Thread #5 and I notice many (myself included) don't go back to read previous threads, resulting in duplicate requests for links or questions that have already been answered.

I'm pretty new here myself, and I'm hooked! Just want to give my feedback and thoughts on making it easier to navigate through all this information. Thanks, everybody!

What tools might you have handy to cut electrical cord or nylon rope?

(I've read thru many posts/threads but had to skip ahead, so sorry if this question has been asked & answered.)

Can I make a suggestion? I just got done catching up on Thread #4 and find it time and space consuming to see "quotes" repeated in their entirety. Often a reply is referencing a "bolded" sentence or two, so why not include just that in the "quote", to save space.

We're already on Thread #5 and I notice many (myself included) don't go back to read previous threads, resulting in duplicate requests for links or questions that have already been answered.

I'm pretty new here myself, and I'm hooked! Just want to give my feedback and thoughts on making it easier to navigate through all this information. Thanks, everybody!

I hear you! But until this case becomes a forum unto itself, if it ever does, this is how it goes...and it still happens even on a dedicated forum. :-/

I also "hear you" but I have found that with links .. they are NOT clicked on or followed ... I will try in future not to post such huge quotes. Thanks.

I will try in future not to post such huge quotes. Thanks.

I certainly wouldn't ask you to change up for me. I don't even know if I should be bringing this up. I've only been here a couple weeks!

Thanks for replying.

I hear you! But until this case becomes a forum unto itself, if it ever does, this is how it goes...and it still happens even on a dedicated forum. :-/

Thanks! I thought maybe some of the newer people didn't know if they could edit another poster's stuff. It took me a few days to get acclimated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lefer