MD MD - Frederick, off I-270, WhtFem 15-29, UP1665, Sz 11 denim skort, jewelry, Jul'91

marylandmissing

Reaction score
Found 7/31/1991 on 270 Southbound, Frederick County MD.

http://marylandmissing.com/home/featuredcase.html

Added by mod for clarification:

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/237ufmd.html

MarylandMissing the link is a beautiful tribute to who she might have been. Thank you for your efforts on behalf of this unidentified girl.

Tina Marie Crouch
Missing since April 3, 1991 from Gaffney, Cherokee County, South Carolina.
Classification: Missing

Vital Statistics
Date Of Birth: June 21, 1970
Age at Time of Disappearance: 20 years old
Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'2" (156 cm); 110 lbs. (50 kg)
Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Brown hair with grey streaks in it; brown eyes.
Marks, Scars: Tina has a scar on the right side of her abdomen. Pierced ears.
Clothing: Crouch was last seen wearing a light-purple jacket, a white blouse, blue jeans and tennis shoes. Earrings, necklaces and rings.
AKA: Chris; Christina
Circumstances of Disappearance
Crouch was last seen in the vicinity of Jackson Street with a male individual. She has ties to the Maryland area.
Verifiable information was received that Crouch was sighted in Norfolk, Virginia, in 1997.

Investigators
If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:

Cherokee County Sheriff's Office
864-489-4722

Agency Case Number: 2001-003026
NCIC Number:
M-814354663

Attachments

• Tina Crouch_MDUID1991.jpg
    Tina Crouch_MDUID1991.jpg
    144 KB · Views: 254
The Jane Doe has been on the WV state police website for years. Crouch is not Jane Doe.

I am curious as to why a Maryland UID is being listed on the WV State Police site. Is there any particular reason you believe Crouch is not a possibility?

I am curious as to why a Maryland UID is being listed on the WV State Police site. Is there any particular reason you believe Crouch is not a possibility?

There's many unidentified on other regions police site...

See this statement: Verifiable information was received that Crouch was sighted in Norfolk, Virginia, in 1997.

Don't know if it will help but I attempted to colorize this Jane Doe.
It's difficult to colorize hair that is part of the material the reconstruction is made of and not a wig but I gave it my best shot.

View attachment 3465

Attachments

• WVFrederickC.jpg
    WVFrederickC.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 231
Vigil Held For Jane Doe

Sunday marks 20 years since a worker cutting weeds along southbound Interstate 270 in Frederick County found the body of a young woman.

The woman, whose decomposed body was found down an embankment at the Baker Hill Road overpass, has never been identified and her killing remains unsolved.

The Maryland Missing Persons Network and Maryland State Police will hold a vigil to bring attention to the cold case at 7:30 p.m. on Sunday in the parking lot of the Worthington Farm on Baker Hill Road at Monocacy National Battlefield.

Snipped: http://germantown.patch.com/articles/vigil-for-jane-doe-to-be-held-sunday-in-frederick

Here's a new NamUs MP, added last week and made public today:

Trudy Crystal-Dawn Pasko

https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/13486/10

2503665450045078242S425x425Q851.jpg
2527763900045078242S200x200Q851.jpg

She seems to me to be an interesting possible to this Jane Doe.

* Her height (5'1") is right (DoeNet estimate: 5'1"-5'3")
* Her age (15-16) is at the low end of the age range (16-21 per NamUs)
* The circumstances and timeline are consistent. She was a runaway from a juvenile detention facility in Florida, and was last seen about 8 months prior to the discovery of the remains.

At first blush, I would say no because Trudy is clearly missing her #7 tooth, and the facial reconstructions don't depict that. However, the dentals indicate that the Jane Doe was missing 7, 8, and 9 postmortem. It might be possible that they confused postmortem and antemortem tooth loss when looking at the dentals. She is turned to her left in the photo, so it's hard to tell whether her #10 tooth is "protruding and reversed". But in her "Physical Characteristics" section, it indicates that "one front tooth overlaps the other front tooth". Her upper-central incisors (#8 & #9) don't appear to overlap each other, so they must be talking about #9 & #10).

Another possible inconsistency is that the UID was wearing various jewelry items. I wouldn't suspect that a runaway from a detention facility would be wearing much jewelry.

UID Links:
DoeNet UID Case 237UFMD http://doenetwork.org/cases/237ufmd.html
NamUs UP Case 1665 https://identifyus.org/cases/1665

It certainly is an interesting possibility but as you said I think the dentals rule her out. It's hard to tell from the photograph but it doesn't look to me as if #10 is either protruding or overlapping with #9. Furthermore I'm not familiar with a left lateral incisor being termed a "front tooth", though I'm not familiar with US dental vernacular.

The #7 issue really puts the nail in the coffin. It's hard to imagine such a glaring error being made by an ME/LE. Is there any precedent for a mistake like that?

It certainly is an interesting possibility but as you said I think the dentals rule her out. It's hard to tell from the photograph but it doesn't look to me as if #10 is either protruding or overlapping with #9. Furthermore I'm not familiar with a left lateral incisor being termed a "front tooth", though I'm not familiar with US dental vernacular.

The #7 issue really puts the nail in the coffin. It's hard to imagine such a glaring error being made by an ME/LE. Is there any precedent for a mistake like that?

Yes, there is precedent for all kinds of mistakes, including mistaking antemortem tooth loss for postmortem loss. It's also possible that the tooth broke off at the root, and then the root was lost postmortem.

But you're probably right. This is quite unlikely.

I-270 connects to I-70. That leads up to Pennsylvania. I-81 and I-76 connect later on. She was found on I-270 southbound. Maybe if the trucker was responsible, he picked her up somewhere north of the area. Maybe we could check to see if anyone fits her description from Pennsylvania or New York... I wish we could find out his driving route.

Wow. That's a great resemblance. The toofs are spot-on :)

Trouble is that she is way too tall. But I've seen enough errors on height that I wouldn't rule-out on that.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SashaRhea82
Back