Page 18 of 28 FirstFirst ... 89101112131415161718192021222324252627 ... LastLast
Results 426 to 450 of 687

Thread: GA - Lauren Giddings, 27, Macon, 26 June 2011 #5

  1. #426
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    125
    Quote Originally Posted by MaconMom View Post
    What an odd video. Strange that they would post a video where absolutely nothing happens..
    I think it's odd too. But, the videos of McDaniel's other appearances in court have been similar. Short and not much happening.

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to clkwrks For This Useful Post:


  3. #427
    SmoothOperator's Avatar
    SmoothOperator is offline Sadly what connects all these puzzles is that there's a victim@the heart of each
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    5,585
    Thanks clkwrks for the video clip.. It is a rather strange clip, huh? Nothing said and maybe 10secs focused on McD.. Yes blinking alot!!

    Noticeably different.. He has lost a tremendous amount of weight in a months time..IMO..
    He has shaved all of his facial hair.. IMO making him appear much younger and youth like..
    And then as I said seems to have lost quite a bit of weight.. His face 1 month ago seemed to be quite bloated IMO.. I wonder if there was any drug use? Just a question and I do mean prescription drugs as well.. Many of them have edema as a side effect.. Just a thought tho.. It definitely could just be bloated from being chubby and his having lost a bit of weight in a months time..

    I am really questioning his emotional stability. And just as Agent Lundy posted upthread there has been discussion on Macon.com that there were some problems with mental stability regarding SM in undergrad school and that Mercer was aware of these problems way back then..

    I have a strong feeling there are some very very serious issues within SM emotional/mental health wise..

    Do I believe for a moment that he is any bit insane(by the legal definition) ABSOLUTELY NOT!! and the only thing that has to be shown to prove HE IS NOT INSANE is the complete and total video footage from June 30th!! It is bone chilling to go back and watch it in FULL!!

  4. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to SmoothOperator For This Useful Post:


  5. #428
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Middle Georgia
    Posts
    459
    Quote Originally Posted by MaconMom View Post
    What an odd video. Strange that they would post a video where absolutely nothing happens..
    Well, at least he shaved

  6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ~SuperSleuth~ For This Useful Post:


  7. #429
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Macon, GA
    Posts
    264
    Quote Originally Posted by Classic_56 View Post
    Just returned from a trip to the bank, which happens to take me by Barrister Hall apts.. there are two MPD crime scene vans back on site. A reporter from http://www.41nbc.com/ was setting up on the sidewalk.
    http://m.macon.com/macon/db_/content...tguid=pUUdK4Z1

    The guy that the Giddings family hired to search (and his dog) are there too.

  8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MaconMom For This Useful Post:


  9. #430
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Middle Georgia
    Posts
    459
    Quote Originally Posted by SmoothOperator View Post
    I have a strong feeling there are some very very serious issues within SM emotional/mental health wise.
    Do ya think???

  10. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to ~SuperSleuth~ For This Useful Post:


  11. #431
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Eastern US
    Posts
    42
    Quote Originally Posted by tomkat View Post
    I"VE HEARD IT ALL, I'm no expert........bottom line is, it's a tragedy.......we do hope there arent' more like that. I dont' need your lectures, it's done........IT'S A TRAGEDY AND I HOPE THIS DOESNT' TURN OUT THE SAME WAY, they wont' know how this girl died either, the head is missing........but she was dismembered and that's DISGUSTING that someone can get away with that and throwing little Caylee away like TRASH. America gone Hell in a handbasket if you ask me. <Modsnip> Justice was not served. PERIOD
    (bolded/underlined by me)

    Hi tomkat. No disrespect was intended from my previous post.

    I share your frustration with things like this. It is a tragedy, absolutely. And yes, imo, the whole world is going to hellinahandbasket, for sure. I also happen to agree with you 100% that justice was NOT served in that case, so you'll get no argument from me here on the points you made above.

    Honestly, I wasn't trying to grab a tomkat by the tail or lecture you at all in the other post. I was expressing the facts over why a lot of people seem confused about how the jury in that case was unable to come to any conclusion of guilt simply based on the fact that they had no idea HOW or WHEN or WHERE the child died.

    (The following is not specifically addressing you, so don't feel it's another lecture. I'm just typing what crosses my mind, but not to anyone in particular.)

    The jury was not required to know, but without knowing HOW/WHEN/WHERE she died, they couldn't move forward with deciding if the defendant was guilty on the charges that had to do with the death of the child. The wording of the criteria they must use to determine guilt on each crime required the jury to be sure beyond a reasonable doubt that the defendant was guilty of killing the child, but when several jurors explained their thought process, they explained that they could not convict because no matter what they thought, they had to be able to match their verdict with the criteria required for THAT crime. They could not match a guilty verdict with the criteria required for any crime that involved the death of the child because in order to do so, they had to be sure CASEY ANTHONY was responsible. They needed more info. They didn't know how. They didn't know when. They didn't know where. If they had gone with a guilty verdict on Murder in the First, they would have to have been able to justify that from the evidence and know what it was that convinced them that Casey Anthony was responsible for murder, child abuse, etc. They had NO IDEA because nothing was proven to them.

    The crimes that the defendant was accused of were unable to be pinned on her because when they sat down in that jury room and went over each charge and went down the list of what they had to know (beyond a reasonable doubt) in order to go with that charge, they quickly realized that their hands were tied. The jurors felt confused, as well. Why? Well, mainly because most people don't realize that a juror can't sit down with a pre-conceived notion and just run with that to convict someone. There are rules for the jury to follow and criteria to be met to justify what they decide.

    See, that's the stuff Nancy Grace won't tell ya. She's just there to entertain, not educate.
    my entries are always my own thoughts, theories, and ideas. i am here because i don't have all the answers, but i am passionate about finding some.

  12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MissingLovedOnes For This Useful Post:


  13. #432
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    120
    Quote Originally Posted by SmoothOperator View Post
    Thanks clkwrks for the video clip.. It is a rather strange clip, huh? Nothing said and maybe 10secs focused on McD.. Yes blinking alot!!

    Noticeably different.. He has lost a tremendous amount of weight in a months time..IMO..
    He has shaved all of his facial hair.. IMO making him appear much younger and youth like..
    And then as I said seems to have lost quite a bit of weight.. His face 1 month ago seemed to be quite bloated IMO.. I wonder if there was any drug use? Just a question and I do mean prescription drugs as well.. Many of them have edema as a side effect.. Just a thought tho.. It definitely could just be bloated from being chubby and his having lost a bit of weight in a months time..

    I am really questioning his emotional stability. And just as Agent Lundy posted
    upthread there has been discussion on Macon.com that there were some problems with mental stability regarding SM in undergrad school and that Mercer was aware of these problems way back then..

    I have a strong feeling there are some very very serious issues within SM emotional/mental health wise..

    Do I believe for a moment that he is any bit insane(by the legal definition) ABSOLUTELY NOT!! and the only thing that has to be shown to prove HE IS NOT INSANE is the complete and total video footage from June 30th!! It is bone chilling to go back and watch it in FULL!!
    Smooth, remember what angelanalyzes discussed about Mcds weight gain in wierd areas and a side effect from Rx drugs? Very solid point you make.

    I heard from a very reliable source from Lilburn who grew up around McD; that he has always been spooky, and in highschool they were really concerned about his wellbeing.

    So, I do not doubt he might have shown instability at Mercer Undergrad. I think we need to start talking about these red flags. Look at the VT killing spree,there were red flags for that students well.

  14. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to GeorgiaSunshine For This Useful Post:


  15. #433
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    125
    Quote Originally Posted by SmoothOperator View Post
    Thanks clkwrks for the video clip.. It is a rather strange clip, huh? Nothing said and maybe 10secs focused on McD.. Yes blinking alot!!

    Noticeably different.. He has lost a tremendous amount of weight in a months time..IMO..
    He has shaved all of his facial hair.. IMO making him appear much younger and youth like..
    And then as I said seems to have lost quite a bit of weight.. His face 1 month ago seemed to be quite bloated IMO.. I wonder if there was any drug use? Just a question and I do mean prescription drugs as well.. Many of them have edema as a side effect.. Just a thought tho.. It definitely could just be bloated from being chubby and his having lost a bit of weight in a months time..

    I am really questioning his emotional stability. And just as Agent Lundy posted upthread there has been discussion on Macon.com that there were some problems with mental stability regarding SM in undergrad school and that Mercer was aware of these problems way back then..

    I have a strong feeling there are some very very serious issues within SM emotional/mental health wise..

    Do I believe for a moment that he is any bit insane(by the legal definition) ABSOLUTELY NOT!! and the only thing that has to be shown to prove HE IS NOT INSANE is the complete and total video footage from June 30th!! It is bone chilling to go back and watch it in FULL!!
    I noticed the weight loss too. At first I thought he just looked thinner because he'd shaved but after going back to look at the media interviews from a month ago and comparing that to today's court appearance, I think you're right, that he's lost weight. Are there any medications that would cause the frequent blinking?

  16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to clkwrks For This Useful Post:


  17. #434
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    33,610
    Quote Originally Posted by clkwrks View Post
    I noticed the weight loss too. At first I thought he just looked thinner because he'd shaved but after going back to look at the media interviews from a month ago and comparing that to today's court appearance, I think you're right, that he's lost weight. Are there any medications that would cause the frequent blinking?
    I once took a drug for nerve pain and when I looked it up it said it was also used for seizure disorders and it played havoc with my eyes...stopped taking it very soon after. A version of Neurontin, I believe.
    Just my opinion, of course.

  18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to cluciano63 For This Useful Post:


  19. #435
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    111
    Quote Originally Posted by Classic_56 View Post
    Just returned from a trip to the bank, which happens to take me by Barrister Hall apts.. there are two MPD crime scene vans back on site. A reporter from http://www.41nbc.com/ was setting up on the sidewalk.
    MPD were arriving there as of 12:40, so they must've stayed quite a while. I could see one detective entering LG's apt. as I drove past.

  20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ThinMan For This Useful Post:


  21. #436
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    362
    The red flags are the history I have asked about. Now, people are talking. Where were they a month ago? Using hindsight makes me wonder if they are totally honest. If they had come forward from the beginning, I would take more stock in the "being spooky" or "acting strange" comments. Coming in now almost smells of seeking attention on their parts, too.

    I want the right person to be punished fully. At this point, it seems SM is our guy. I hope all the evidence nails him to the ground. But, I hate people crawling out of the woodwork NOW to claim their own 15 minutes of fame. They didn't bother helping when it could have been useful in rounding up this case, but now that they can come forward and get some attention, they want to say, "Oh yeah! I knew he was like that all along. I've known him since ...."
    It is an old maxim of mine that when you have excluded the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth. ~ Arthur Conan Doyle

  22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to PsychoMom For This Useful Post:


  23. #437
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Miami, Florida
    Posts
    237
    Quote Originally Posted by justiceforlauren View Post
    Smooth, remember what angelanalyzes discussed about Mcds weight gain in wierd areas and a side effect from Rx drugs? Very solid point you make.

    I heard from a very reliable source from Lilburn who grew up around McD; that he has always been spooky, and in highschool they were really concerned about his wellbeing.

    So, I do not doubt he might have shown instability at Mercer Undergrad. I think we need to start talking about these red flags. Look at the VT killing spree,there were red flags for that students well.
    I don't know if he is on any meds or not but he has obviously lost a good deal of weight. His arms are tiny, face is quite gaunt , (his shaving may taint my perception but this is what it looks like) I believe he is depressed . probably not been eating. I will defer to angelanalyzes on what makes this guy tick , but I believe he snapped, whether stress from law school, infatuation with LG and knowing she would soon be gone , don't know, but there's not a whole lot in his history to make us think he could do this. I'm thinking his Dark Passenger took over the steering wheel, even if it was only for a moment , but by then it was too late. A terrible tragedy for both families is correct.

  24. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to AgentFrankLundy For This Useful Post:


  25. #438
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    125
    Macon.com has a longer video of McDaniel before the Judge up now.
    http://videos.macon.com/vmix_hosted_...ll=1&sort=NULL

  26. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to clkwrks For This Useful Post:


  27. #439
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Middle Georgia
    Posts
    459
    Quote Originally Posted by clkwrks View Post
    Macon.com has a longer video of McDaniel before the Judge up now.
    http://videos.macon.com/vmix_hosted_...ll=1&sort=NULL
    http://www.macon.com/2011/08/03/1653...-in-court.html

  28. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ~SuperSleuth~ For This Useful Post:


  29. #440
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Macon, GA
    Posts
    264
    Quote Originally Posted by clkwrks View Post
    I noticed the weight loss too. At first I thought he just looked thinner because he'd shaved but after going back to look at the media interviews from a month ago and comparing that to today's court appearance, I think you're right, that he's lost weight. Are there any medications that would cause the frequent blinking?
    This site says rapid blinking can be caused by stress, anxiety, or fatigue. I imagine he has all of the above.

    http://www.bettermedicine.com/articl...ymptoms/causes

    Also, maybe he was just nervous with the cameras and everyone staring at him.

  30. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to MaconMom For This Useful Post:


  31. #441
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Macon GA
    Posts
    35

    Re: the 2pm presser

    Quote Originally Posted by SurfieTX View Post
    25 different investigators doing different tasks. Tremendous amount of overtime. No complaints from anyone, they wanted the case solved.
    Bold for emphasis. Wanted, not want. Implying they've got it figured out. Nitpicky maybe, but this was one of the things that stood out to me. He spoke from the perspective of someone who knows all the answers and has solved the puzzle. He might not be able to share his answers with us yet, but his words and facial expressions seemed to indicate (IMO) that he knows it all, and is pleased (if that's the right word for it) with what they've found.

  32. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Lomaker For This Useful Post:


  33. #442
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    86
    The people commenting about him losing weight were not kidding... Wow.

  34. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Hyrax For This Useful Post:


  35. #443
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    281
    Quote Originally Posted by oldercitizen View Post
    Have looked and looked for the link to the full interview done by Fox24 with SMcD. Can someone tell me what thread and page it is on?
    Here it is:
    http://www.newscentralga.com/news/lo...126361528.html
    ~ Remembering Lauren, her family & friends ~
    Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal.

  36. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sandstorm For This Useful Post:


  37. #444
    Quote Originally Posted by justiceforlauren View Post
    Smooth, remember what angelanalyzes discussed about Mcds weight gain in wierd areas and a side effect from Rx drugs? Very solid point you make.

    I heard from a very reliable source from Lilburn who grew up around McD; that he has always been spooky, and in highschool they were really concerned about his wellbeing.

    So, I do not doubt he might have shown instability at Mercer Undergrad. I think we need to start talking about these red flags. Look at the VT killing spree,there were red flags for that students well.
    Thanks for bringing up VT. I know that many have repeatedly stated McD was "infatuated" with LG, but my alternate concept (AGAIN, A CONCEPT, JMO AND ALL THAT...) is that people on the fringe FOR WHATEVER REASON sometimes turn on others. I find it much more probable---IMHO, that he had a closet rage. I find a scenario much akin to the way the Columbine boys or the VT killer acted out to be valid. A lot of times parents, friends and teachers have no idea what lurks in the minds of people who somehow feel disenfranchised or marginalized by their peer groups. I personally don't buy the "infatuation" and lean more toward a disdain that escalated in the worst way.

    AS ALWAYS, JMO....it's an idea that just hits me as valid.

  38. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to midstateMind For This Useful Post:


  39. #445
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    10,281
    Quote Originally Posted by clkwrks View Post
    There's a very short video of him looking straight ahead and blinking a lot.
    http://www.13wmaz.com/news/topstorie...rt-Bond-Denied
    Even knowing he has been accused of a heinous murder, when watching that video, I felt sorry for him.

    What is it about this guy? Think I'll go watch the June 30th interview to remind myself how good he is at lying.
    You are the anchor to my soul, you won't let go ...

  40. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Knox For This Useful Post:


  41. #446
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    281
    Quote Originally Posted by clkwrks View Post
    The WMAZ version begins AFTER McD has learned the body has been discovered.

    The FOX link is the FULL version in which the beginning of the video shows McD discussing Lauren UNAWARE that the body has been discovered and his reactions when he learns the body has been discovered.
    ~ Remembering Lauren, her family & friends ~
    Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal.

  42. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sandstorm For This Useful Post:


  43. #447
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Who Dat Nation
    Posts
    19,450
    Quote Originally Posted by PsychoMom View Post
    The red flags are the history I have asked about. Now, people are talking. Where were they a month ago? Using hindsight makes me wonder if they are totally honest. If they had come forward from the beginning, I would take more stock in the "being spooky" or "acting strange" comments. Coming in now almost smells of seeking attention on their parts, too.

    I want the right person to be punished fully. At this point, it seems SM is our guy. I hope all the evidence nails him to the ground. But, I hate people crawling out of the woodwork NOW to claim their own 15 minutes of fame. They didn't bother helping when it could have been useful in rounding up this case, but now that they can come forward and get some attention, they want to say, "Oh yeah! I knew he was like that all along. I've known him since ...."
    I'm not sure who you're speaking of specifically, but I do know some individuals are reluctant to drag out all the dirt before a suspect is charged. Suppose these people had spoken out earlier, adding to the picture of a deranged killer only to have LE later clear him of all suspicion. Wouldn't that have been unfair? Wouldn't it have made the ordeal so much worse for him, and added to the difficulty of moving forward in his life? I've seen this in many similar situations, and it's often respect that causes people to refrain from speaking out prematurely.
    Last edited by bessie; 08-03-2011 at 07:15 PM. Reason: punctuation
    __________________________________
    Muddy water in the street
    ; Muddy water 'round my feet... as sung by the inimitable Bessie Smith, "Muddy Water (A Mississippi Moan)"




  44. #448
    Quote Originally Posted by bessie View Post
    I'm not sure who you're speaking of specifically, but I do know some individuals are reluctant to drag out all the dirt before a suspect is charged. Suppose these people had spoken out earlier adding, to the picture of a deranged killer only to have LE later clear him of all suspicion. Wouldn't that have been unfair? Wouldn't it have made the ordeal so much worse for him, and added to the difficulty of moving forward in his life? I've seen this in many similar situations, and it's often respect that causes people to refrain from speaking out prematurely.
    Agree. and Cosign. Living in this town and being out and about with regularity means that I hear all sorts of things from extremely reliable sources. In fact, much of what has surfaced here and finally corroborated by LE was "old news" to me. I don't think restraint is ever a bad thing especially when it comes to rumors or perceptions. I might think any number of things if I really internalized locals' perceptions of both LG and McD, but sometimes keeping mouth shut is just better for everyone---especially when a capital case is at stake. No perception of a person equals evidence in a criminal case---and, IMHO, sleuthing and subjectivity don't go hand in hand.

  45. #449
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Middle Georgia
    Posts
    459
    I wonder if the parents have now gotten a confession out of him.
    Parents have a way, you know.
    Could be another reason why some family members that were so vocal have gone silent.

  46. The Following User Says Thank You to ~SuperSleuth~ For This Useful Post:


  47. #450
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    281
    Quote Originally Posted by clkwrks View Post
    McDaniel has asked for a commitment hearing, it's been scheduled for Aug 17th
    http://www.macon.com/2011/08/03/1653...t-hearing.html
    I find this interesting.
    Attorneys, what's up here?
    Wonder if he wants to know what the prosecutors have so he can make a deal??? a plan?

    What do the Prosecutors have to disclose? or not.

    "Before the conference, McDaniel had his first appearance before a magistrate on the murder charge. He asked for a commitment hearing in the case.

    That hearing was scheduled for Aug. 17. During a commitment hearing, prosecutors typically present more details of the case against a defendant to a judge.


    Read more: http://www.macon.com/2011/08/03/1653...#ixzz1U06MC4sp
    ~ Remembering Lauren, her family & friends ~
    Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal.

  48. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sandstorm For This Useful Post:


Page 18 of 28 FirstFirst ... 89101112131415161718192021222324252627 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. GA - Lauren Giddings, 27, Macon, 26 June 2011 - #14
    By bessie in forum Recently Sentenced and Beyond
    Replies: 756
    Last Post: 09-19-2013, 05:45 PM
  2. GA - Lauren Giddings, 27, Macon, 26 June 2011 #13
    By bessie in forum Recently Sentenced and Beyond
    Replies: 768
    Last Post: 06-24-2012, 04:13 AM
  3. GA - Lauren Giddings, 27, Macon, 26 June 2011 #12
    By bessie in forum Recently Sentenced and Beyond
    Replies: 799
    Last Post: 04-05-2012, 09:55 PM
  4. GA - Lauren Giddings, 27, Macon, 26 June 2011 #4
    By bessie in forum Recently Sentenced and Beyond
    Replies: 675
    Last Post: 08-01-2011, 02:44 PM
  5. GA - Lauren Giddings, 27, Macon, 26 June 2011 #3
    By bessie in forum Recently Sentenced and Beyond
    Replies: 540
    Last Post: 07-27-2011, 12:43 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •