UFO found on Gulf of Bothnia's ocean floor?

wfgodot

Former Member
Reaction score
The wreck files: Have scientists found a crashed flying saucer on the seabed? (Daily Mail)
A mysterious circle on a grainy scan, this is what scientists are claiming is finally evidence that Earth has been visited by aliens.

Researchers have claimed the fuzzy outline is a flying saucer that ended up 300ft down on the ocean floor between Sweden and Finland.
---
Text, picures, video at link above.
If it does turn out to be a UFO it will be priceless, but if it is just a shape, it will be worthless.
Ummm....no kidding. Interesting tale though, with the usual caveats.

My husband loves all this stuff .
I will have to show this to him

I hope they can pursue this, but is Daily Mail a reputable news source, or one of those rags like the Enquirer used to be?

I hope they can pursue this, but is Daily Mail a reputable news source, or one of those rags like the Enquirer used to be?

DM is actually quite reliable, tabloid, but reliable. It features a steady range of scientific articles; this probably will turn out to be nothing whatsoever, but it's honestly reported, not invented - like, say, stories in the Weekly World News once upon a time.

I'll have to show this to my Son he's a big UFO fan.

Off topic but we even made a trip to take him to Roswell when we were stationed in SW TX.

I do wonder what kind of anomaly it is though. :)

Oh my gosh ..I forgot and I had told him about this ...I will show Big Tom tomorrow

In terms of media updates or new stories, lots of reprinting of the basic Daily Mail tale, though little of it (of course, for
a couple reasons) on MSM. Vancouver Sun article about the next-loftiest perch this story has so far attained, press-wise.

What could it be? Could Nature, over aeons, produce a circle of its own? Probably.

MSNBC does sink its teeth into the tale, if only to do a bit of preliminary debunking:

It's not clear what to make of this report, or the video of the sonar scan that shows the object, but Swedish tabloids and Internet UFO buffs have had a field day.
---
This is not the first time a sunken object has been presented as the solution to a mystery. Take, for example, the famous underwater mystery of the "Bimini Road," a rock formation in the Caribbean near the Bahamas that resembles a road or wall. Many New Agers and conspiracy theorists claimed that the rocks were too perfectly shaped to be natural, and that they were either made by an unknown civilization or left behind by the lost city of Atlantis. In fact, geologists have identified the blocks as unusually shaped but perfectly natural weathered beach rock.
(more at MSNBC link above)

Daily Mail now officially on a UFO kick:

'Freaked out' BBC reporter tells millions of radio
listeners of the moment he faced a UFO on his way to work

• 'Disc-shaped' aircraft hovered over village in Hertfordshire
• Radio 5 Live broadcasts 'gobsmacked' journalist's claims to millions
It's a radio station known for irreverent chat, where current affairs and topical discussion reign supreme.

But Radio 5 Live took on a more otherworldly tone this morning when one of its own sports reporters claimed he had a close brush with a UFO.
---
[Sports journalist Mike] Sewell was driving from his home in the Midlands to catch an early morning flight from Stansted airport when he saw the UFO in the night sky over the village of Cottered, near Buntingford, he claimed.
---
the whole strange story at link above; the call-in was broadcast "to millions of listeners"

Well, I definitely vote “COOL” on this one.

T'would be nice to get an active UFO link going - but they seem to bog down fast. Not sure quite why as interest was indicated on the "Conspiracy Theories" thread. This one could serve as a general clearinghouse for all & sundry things above which we can't quite decipher.

Thats not a UFO... that's a UBARTATBOTS. An unidentifiable big a$$ round thing at the bottom of the sea. :)

Oh I do slay my self... har har. ;)

Thats not a UFO... that's a UBARTATBOTS. An unidentifiable big a$$ round thing at the bottom of the sea. :)

Oh I do slay my self... har har. ;)

Yikes... Freaky double post. Sorry about that!

A not uninteresting bit of "UFO" footage from the Sun, here, allegedly taken near the spot the BBC reporter made his sighting.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine
Back