SLOW and can't thank

deelytful1

*~a mere mortal~*
Reaction score
Ever since the "upgrade" WS taking forever to load AND I can't "Thank" more than 3 or 4 posts without having to reload the page.. which I mentioned is loading REALLY slow. Getting very frustrating.

Ever since the "upgrade" WS taking forever to load AND I can't "Thank" more than 3 or 4 posts without having to reload the page.. which I mentioned is loading REALLY slow. Getting very frustrating.

It's getting worse by the day.

Yea, it's bad, it took 5 minutes for my last post to go through.
I wonder if all of the ads are bogging it down.

It's not the ads. Here's a note from Tricia on another thread:

Good Evening Kids,

We are having a few very minor server issues but we are aware of them and are working on getting them fixed.

Some of you might find the forum loading slowly or perhaps you might see a double post here and there.

Please be patient and we should have the bugs worked out soon.

Take care,
Tricia

Idk, but I just HAVE to tell you...
I am waaay over tired

and...
My mind read the title to this thread as "Slow and Can't Thank (as in slang for think or simply misspelled)"

"Slow and Can't Think"

Get it? LOL

They say if you have to explain a joke you should not tell it. Maybe I shouldn't have, lol. But I had to.

Idk, but I just HAVE to tell you...
I am waaay over tired

and...
My mind read the title to this thread as "Slow and Can't Thank (as in slang for think or simply misspelled)"

"Slow and Can't Think"

Get it? LOL

They say if you have to explain a joke you should not tell it. Maybe I shouldn't have, lol. But I had to.

:giggle:

PLEASE fix the Thank function!!! I can only thank one or two people then I gotta refresh because my thanks aren't showing up. Getting a tad frustrating since it's only been after the "upgrade" :)

I have had to delete a dozen posts because every post I make is duplicated.

I haven't had one issue! I use firefox 3.6.17 version. I also have my browser to delete history upon exiting.

Have people tried to delete their history/temp folder, and clear all cookies then log in again? Also I know this may sound stupid but hey I've forgotten once too but did you check the box to remain logged in?

I thanked everyone in this thread right after each other. No problems

Ad: Alamo/Insiders, USPS
Getting either of these two atop my page, I know I'll have to refresh it till they....
Ad: Talbots.com
Give way to Talbots, after which, for a brief while, pages can be accessed without
refreshing.

Problems intermittently also with thanking, and with the functions like 'bold,' 'italics,' etc.

Trend continues downward regarding ability to post. Would consider it a browser issue possibly but with mine no trouble at any other site.

Certainly would like to follow my threads. Most of the afternoon it's been impossible, without refreshing between 4-9 times, and even then occasionally no success.

I note occasional 3-4 minute delays in posting on New Posts page. Guess I'm not alone.

And, for the third day in the last four, the problem continues, both for myself and others.

I don't know the exact nature of the overall problem, but I can say truly that, for me, it is an ad problem. On the top of my page, the presence of the Alamo Rental advertisement makes it impossible for me to connect to any WS page. Eventually, refreshing will either lead to another ad, whereby I can then navigate at least to one other page, or to the window itself closing down.

It took me about 15 minutes to manage to make it to this page.

I haven't had one issue! I use firefox 3.6.17 version. I also have my browser to delete history upon exiting.

Have people tried to delete their history/temp folder, and clear all cookies then log in again? Also I know this may sound stupid but hey I've forgotten once too but did you check the box to remain logged in?

I downloaded Mozilla and the problem has gotten better. Still a slight lag, but I can thank for a bit without having to refresh. Try going to a long thread and thanking more than 10 or 12 people... the thank function ceases for some reason. Then after I post something, my thank button is completely gone and I have to refresh! It's definitely not deal breaking but when I was using IE OMG.. it was working horrible.
People having problems may want to download Mozilla AND I use CCcleaner daily to delete cache, temp files. U can download CCcleaner for free at filehippo.. definitely helps!!

Firefox users:
Download Plus and Ghostery from Mozilla Add-ons and you should never see another ad, ever. HTH

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back