Scares Me What the Media will Stoop Too

hpvdr

Reaction score
Heidi Fleiss stars in a new realty show she is hoping becomes a series: “Heidi Fleiss: Prostitutes to Parrots." What was Animal Planet thinking offering Heidi Fleiss a show on their network, which I thought was somewhat geared towards kids. I find the title to be in such bad taste also. It's a sad world to think criminals can become the star of their own realty show.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/07/29/a...-prostitutes-to-parrots-on-animal-planet.html

(Somehow I submitted this into the wrong foorum. Mods can you please place this new thread into a more correct forum. Thank you very much.)

H, at first I thought "What the heck is this in the crimes against children section"?:innocent:I see ya asked to have it changed.

Hey, that's Hollywood for ya.

If they disqualified every criminal/convicted felon from being on a show or in a movie they'd have opening for all us regular folks.

This is just me. Just my opinion, but the way I see it she's done her time. I also see it as she took the fall for plenty of others as well. From what I saw when she was on the rehab show she really does care for her Parrots.

Yeah the title though smacks of..........well hey they have to draw an audience. It's ironic that Charlie Sheen was one of her big time clients, but until he showed his true colors people were just fine with him. I can't even get started on Tom Sizemore.

Of course I wouldn't tune in, but in some sad way I kind of feel sorry for her.

My story's just the opposite. If I had a "reality show", they could call it "Missizzy: From Poodle-rescuer to Pedophile-hunter". That has a nice ring to it, doesn't it?

I am an Animal Planet watcher (it's on every day in the background) and though I can see where it would appeal to children, there is too much adult material and disturbing content (abuse, medical stuff, cheetahs drinking ostrich blood right from the feebly struggling creature) to agree it targets children.

Fleiss' show aired yesterday, she's a lover of parrots, and though I had the TV on mute I caught a few of the subtitles. Not interesting enough to turn on the audio lol, but I had no idea WHO I was watching. Thanks to the OP, now I know :D .

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine
Back