Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CA - AMBER ALERT- Hasaan Ford, 16, Antioch, 1 Aug 2011

Exclamation CA - AMBER ALERT- Hasaan Ford, 16, Antioch, 1 Aug 2011

Authorities have issued an Amber Alert for a 16-year-old boy who was allegedly kidnapped in Contra Costa County and whisked away in a stolen SUV.

The Antioch Police Department issued the alert late Monday afternoon asking motorists to be on the lookout for Hassan Ford and the black GMC Yukon in which he was put in seven Northern California counties. The department described Ford as standing 5-feet-four inches tall and weighing 110 pounds.

Investigators think the teenager was abducted by a man who appeared to be 25-years-old and was armed with a sawed-off shotgun.

The SUV has a Harley Davidson sticker on the rear window and a license plate number of 4WAY944.

Read more: http://www.sacbee.com/2011/08/01/380...#ixzz1TpVXaRwo

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to KaylynnCouture For This Useful Post:

oh my goodness! That is scary, I sure hope he's found quickly.

I hope they can get a picture up online of him soon.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kat For This Useful Post:

The youth is Haasan Ford. He is described as black, 5 feet 4 inches tall and weighing 110 pounds. He has black hair and brown eyes. When last seen, Ford was wearing black jeans, a red coat and a red Cincinnati Reds baseball cap.

The kidnapper is described as black, approximately 25 years old, 5 feet 7 inches tall and weighing 180 pounds. He wore black, oversized jeans; a blue jean jacket and a blue knit cap with a white stripe. He was armed with a sawed-off shotgun.
    Snipped: http://www.news10.net/news/article/1...olen-Yukon-SUV

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to KaylynnCouture For This Useful Post:

Crazy. I live a few miles from Antioch, and strangely there isn't much noise about this yet. Saw a brief snippet on the news, but so far the amber alert isn't even on our local paper's website, or our highway patrol. I wish they would give more info, like what barber shop this occured at etc....I am going to keep listening to the scanner for any news.
    "When all of your wishes have been granted, many of your dreams will be destroyed." - Marilyn Manson

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to xTiffanyTerror For This Useful Post:

An unknown man whisked Hassan Ford away around 4 p.m after robbing Al's Barber Shop on West 18th Street, according to Antioch police.

Ford was working at the shop when a man robbed the store at gunpoint, taking the owner's wallet and keys and then grabbing Ford. The robber ordered Ford into the owner's two-door GMC Yukon and then told him to drive.

snipped from http://www.mercurynews.com/breaking-news/ci_18597161
    "When all of your wishes have been granted, many of your dreams will be destroyed." - Marilyn Manson

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to xTiffanyTerror For This Useful Post:

NCMEC AMBER Alert page - http://www.missingkids.com/missingki...e&amberId=8811

ON 8/1/11, AT 03:50 PM, HAASAN FORD WAS ABDUCTED FROM ANTIOCH/CONTRA COSTA COUNTY.

HASAAN AMEER FORD IS A 16 YEAR-OLD(DOB 08-04-1995), BLACK, MALE, 5 FEET 4 INCHES TALL, 110 POUND JUVENILE WITH BLK HAIR AND BRN EYES, TATTOO ON LEFT FOREARM WITH NAME "TASHA", LAST SEEN WEARING BLACK JEANS, A RED COAT AND RED CINCINNATI REDS BASEBALL HAT.

SUSPECT IS AN APPROXIMATELY 25 YEAR OLD, BLACK, MALE, 5 FEET 7 INCHES TALL, WEIGHING 180 POUNDS, WITH BLK HAIR AND BRN EYES, LAST SEEN WEARING OVERSIZED BLACK JEANS, BLUE JEAN JACKET AND A BLUE KNIT CAP WITH A WHITE STRIPE. THE SUSPECT IS ARMED WITH A SAWED-OFF SHOTGUN.

SUSPECT WAS LAST SEEN DRIVING A STOLEN BLACK 1996 GMC 2 DOOR YUKON WITH SHINY RIMS, A HARLEY DAVIDSON STICKER ON THE REAR WINDOW AND A "GT" ORANGE STICKER ON THE SIDE OF THE VEHICLE, WITH A CA LICENSE PLATE OF 4WAY944.
    FOR THE MISSING: PACIFIC NORTHWEST - Highlighting missing persons in the Pacific Northwest - www.facebook.com/missingnorthwest / www.twitter.com/MissingNW
    STILL DOING IT FOR DYLAN GROENE. REST IN PEACE.

HELP FIND MISSING 7-YEAR-OLD PATRICK ALFORD.

FOOTY/SOCCER FAN? Join us here.

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SheWhoMustNotBeNamed For This Useful Post:

Wish there was a pic of Haasan somewhere - anyone else able to find one?
    “Peace is not the product of terror or fear. Peace is not the silence of cemeteries. Peace is not the silent result of violent repression. Peace is the generous, tranquil contribution of all to the good of all." -Abp Oscar Romero

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Gardenlady For This Useful Post:

Kat

One of the articles had a screencap from a surveillance tape they thought was Hassan, but since it was not confirmed, and the photo was too poor to see his face I did not link it. I have searched FB, but have not been able to locate a page for him or the barber shop. Will keep looking though. Still nothing on the scanner. I will say that it seems very strange. Why would you add a kidnapping charge to robbery? Especially kidnapping a 16 year old? Not saying it doesn't happen, but to just grab him out of his workplace after stealing the owners wallet and car seem odd to me. It is not notoriously a very affluent area so I doubt ransom would be much of a motive....

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to xTiffanyTerror For This Useful Post:

Best photo we have at the moment:

The kidnapped victim is believed to be: Hasaan Ameer Ford, black male, 16 years old, 5Ơ 4Ó, 110lbs. This is a surveillance photo of the victim shortly before he was kidnapped from the front of Al's Barber Shop in Antioch, Calif., on Monday, August 1, 2011. He is wearing a red Cincinnati Reds ball cap, and a red jacket.
    FOR THE MISSING: PACIFIC NORTHWEST - Highlighting missing persons in the Pacific Northwest - www.facebook.com/missingnorthwest / www.twitter.com/MissingNW

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SheWhoMustNotBeNamed For This Useful Post:

This article says Hasaan was actually an employee of the store that was robbed.

http://www.baycitizen.org/blogs/puls...napped-barber/

20. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to SheWhoMustNotBeNamed For This Useful Post:

I'm not great with pics, but here's a site showing a red 2 door. The Amber Alert calls for a black one of these with shiny rims though: http://www.google.com/imgres?q=2+doo...Pxbz2Dg&zoom=1

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER
    www.twitter.com/kimsterws

In memory of Ron Pruitt

22. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Kimster For This Useful Post:

When I read the title of this thread that said an Amber Alert had been issued for a 16-year-old male, I knew it had to be a definite abduction. They really need to get a better picture of Hassan out to the media/public. I wonder if the abductor had a personal connection to the barber shop?

24. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to eileenhawkeye For This Useful Post:

I wonder if the abductor KNEW Hasaan? Why else would you grab a 16-year-old kid after a robbery? Unless he knew you and could identify you?

Also, if they have an image of Hasaan (even though it's quality is awful), they must have an image of the abductor too...

26. The Following User Says Thank You to SheWhoMustNotBeNamed For This Useful Post:

Kat

28. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to SheWhoMustNotBeNamed For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by SheWhoMustNotBeNamed View Post
    I wonder if the abductor KNEW Hasaan? Why else would you grab a 16-year-old kid after a robbery? Unless he knew you and could identify you?

Also, if they have an image of Hasaan (even though it's quality is awful), they must have an image of the abductor too...
    If Hassan and the abductor knew each other, then it is likely that Hassan's family also knows the abductor too. Hopefully, LE has an image of him too, that they are showing to the family and others in their neighborhood, to ask if any of them can identify him.

I would also think that stranger abductions of 16-year-old males would be extremely rare. Most of them have to do with sexual predators, and I don't think one of them would rob a barber shop to find a victim.

It is possible that LE isn't giving a picture of the abductor to the media, because they don't want him to feel like he has no "choice" but to harm Hassan. By releasing a picture of Hassan and the abductor, they are still putting info out there for the public, but by withholding a picture/name of the abductor, it might make the abductor think (falsely) that if he releases Hassan, he can get away with it.

30. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to eileenhawkeye For This Useful Post:

I watched my local news, at 7 and 8, and all I saw was a little blurb about the amber alert going by in the ticker at the bottom of the screen. I am very surprised that there is not more coverage of this.

I agree with shewhomustnotbenamed that it seems likely that the victim and abductor knew each other. I was previously wondering if the victim could have been in on it somehow, but I think your scenario might be more likely. That the victim could have identified the suspect. I do wonder why they have not released any images of the suspect yet. They also have not said yet what direction the vehicle was last seen traveling. It is a very busy area where the barber shop is located. It is located right next to a gas station, and it is right near a very busy intersection. The freeway is only a couple of blocks down, but like I said you have to go through a few busy intersections to get to it. I find it hard to believe that there were not witnesses to all of this. There is also a little cafe directly across the street from the barber shop, so I would think people there would have seen something as well.

32. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to xTiffanyTerror For This Useful Post:

I just got the "Cancel Amber Alert" text.

BREAKING NEWS: Antioch kidnap victim released and is safe, police say

A 16-year-old boy is safe
    after he was kidnapped Monday afternoon by a shotgun-wielding robber who held up the barbershop where he worked, police said.

Antioch police sent out a news release just after midnight Tuesday saying Hasaan Ameer Ford had been freed by his captor -- who remains at large -- and made contact with family and friends.

http://www.mercurynews.com/breaking-news/ci_18599598

34. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to MsFacetious For This Useful Post:

Wow, great news!
    “Peace is not the product of terror or fear. Peace is not the silence of cemeteries. Peace is not the silent result of violent repression. Peace is the generous, tranquil contribution of all to the good of all." -Abp Oscar Romero

36. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gardenlady For This Useful Post:

Hallelujah! I am always so happy and grateful whenever one of these missing cases has a positive ending, especially when a crime is involved!! Hallelujah!
    One person can make a difference, and everyone should try.
    John F. Kennedy

38. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to CocoChanel For This Useful Post:

What a wonderful end to a horrifying nightmare! I love endings like this one!

40. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Yellow Rose For This Useful Post:

Glad to hear Hassan was found safe!!

42. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to eileenhawkeye For This Useful Post:

MrsPeaEye is offline There's always free cheese in a mousetrap.
    A land of bad air, and horrible allergies. And I am pretty sure there's something in the water.
    I am so glad to hear this!!!
    All that I have stated here is my opinion.

I seek the truth for all victims because they deserve peace and so does their families.

Burning candles for all victims.

44. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MrsPeaEye For This Useful Post:

Wonderful news! What a handsome young man so glad he's safe

46. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kat For This Useful Post:

The suspect and weapon are still at-large, police said.

http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local...126585713.html

No description of the gun... I hope it doesn't take off on it's own...

I was definitely glad to hear he was 'found' safe. Our local news says that he is not cooperating with police however, and will not meet with police. The noon news had a neighbor claiming to have seen him shortly after he was allegedly kidnapped.

I have to say, I am glad he is safe but I do have my suspicions that he may have been in on it somehow. If that is the case, that is horrible. To take attention away from missing kids/people that are really in trouble is horrible. Again..not saying that is what happened...but IMO that is what it is looking like.

49. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to xTiffanyTerror For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast