Page 110 of 213 FirstFirst ... 10 60 100 108 109 110 111 112 120 160 210 ... LastLast
Results 1,636 to 1,650 of 3192
  1. #1636
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Vancouver
    Posts
    16,024
    [quote=AZlawyer;7392580]
    Quote Originally Posted by logicalgirl View Post

    Yes. I am also saying that when her lawyers (and ZG) went on TV and said that Casey had provided information about ZG to LE, including the type of car she drove and the names of her kids, that those statements were false. IMO it is perfectly possible that ZG was genuinely and innocently confused into believing that Casey had provided such details based on her meeting with LE, but the lawyers had a greater obligation to check out the truth of their statements before repeating them on television.
    So what type of car was she driving and did it have NY license plates? I understood it was not her car?
    When there is Justice - there is Peace.


  2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to logicalgirl For This Useful Post:


  3. #1637
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    AZ
    Posts
    7,349
    [quote=Aedrys;7392573]
    Quote Originally Posted by AZlawyer View Post

    It's possible that (1) could be right as I am not sure about the law on this and exactly how much damage would have to be proven in a civil case. I just don't know about (2). I haven't heard any of that until now. Why didn't that come out when this started? Why are we just hearing this now? Seems awfully convenient for Casey that now disparaging things are coming out about ZG. Do we know for sure that these things happened, or is all of this coming out of Greene's mouth? Lawyers do make mistakes. It happens. Maybe the middle name was unintentional in those papers. I don't know, but I'm not going slay Morgan for something like that. Maybe he thought that was her full name and stupidly didn't check her out enough at first before filing those papers. It happens, and he admitted it was a mistake.

    As for the falsehoods, this is surely the first I've heard about that. I don't know what to think about it. Who knows, maybe a lot of information was left at Sawgrass, and ZG thought Casey probably used it. Wouldn't that be a fair assumption since Casey hardly, if ever talked? Who knows what Casey said to her lawyers or family that didn't make it into the media. For all we know, she was using all of that info and more that didn't make it into the media for all of us to know about. Or like I said, maybe Zenaida assumed that Casey used it. I mean seriously, how long did it take us here to wade through Casey's lies, her family's lies, and so on? Years. I'm sure Zenaida didn't have the means to run down every one of Casey's lies and figure out who said what when. God, we still argue about who said what when here, FGS!'

    I just don't view ZG as a money hungry, fame obsessed lowlife who sees Casey Anthony and dollar signs in her eyes. Maybe she did do some damage to herself, I don't know. But I'm not willing to throw her out the window either. The fact is that Casey used her name and got her involved in this case. I know I'd want to clear my name if someone used it in reference to the kidnapping of a three year old! What was she supposed to do, say nothing and let it go? I know I wouldn't have. Who knows. Only the court will decide if her case has any merit or not. I'm going to wait to see what the court says, and with 60 uses of 5th amendment by Casey, I just don't see this going Casey's way.
    Re the part BBM: None of this is new. My "(2)" was that ZG made things worse for herself by going on TV, and her lawyers made things worse for her by falsely stating that her name was ZFG and falsely stating that Casey had provided details about her life to LE. The false name is in the Complaint and other pleadings filed early in the case (at some point the younger attorney admitted on TV that "F" was not part of ZG's name and they then amended the caption). The false statements about the details provided by Casey to LE can be found in pretty much every interview Morgan and the younger lawyer gave, and, I think, in the Complaint as well. This is not new news.

    Now, it is completely possible that all these things were mistakes. I am just saying that, as to the lawyers, such mistakes are inexcusable, and in addition these mistakes contributed to the misimpression of some that ZG really had some connection with Casey--thus the mistakes harmed ZG.

    As I've said many times, ZG could have innocently believed that Casey really did use those details about her, e.g., if LE officers came to her door and said, "Are you the ZG who drives a Chevy Whatever and has kids named X and Y? We need to talk to you about some allegations made against you by a Ms. Casey Anthony." The fact that the mistakes might have been innocently made has nothing to do with the fact that they might have caused the majority of the damages sought by ZG.

    "It would seem to me that June 16, 2008 was the last time that the victim was viewed by her grandparents. It became quite evident that from the OS of the Defense that the 16th was a date of great importance and that a so called time line of activities dealing with CA, LA, GA and ICA on the 16th and what, if any, activities took place on the 15th, 16th and 17th of June on 24 hour cycles would have been, at least, of a minimal requirement of review. I take it at some point you had a computer expert look at that data?" HHJP, 6/21/11
    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...139910&page=94


  4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AZlawyer For This Useful Post:


  5. #1638
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    AZ
    Posts
    7,349
    Quote Originally Posted by logicalgirl View Post
    So what type of car was she driving and did it have NY license plates? I understood it was not her car?
    I don't think I've ever seen a source document that shows that Casey ever said anything about NY plates, or that shows what kind of car or plates ZG really had. All I remember reading is internet hearsay.

    "It would seem to me that June 16, 2008 was the last time that the victim was viewed by her grandparents. It became quite evident that from the OS of the Defense that the 16th was a date of great importance and that a so called time line of activities dealing with CA, LA, GA and ICA on the 16th and what, if any, activities took place on the 15th, 16th and 17th of June on 24 hour cycles would have been, at least, of a minimal requirement of review. I take it at some point you had a computer expert look at that data?" HHJP, 6/21/11
    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...139910&page=94


  6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AZlawyer For This Useful Post:


  7. #1639
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    southwest Indiana
    Posts
    5,005
    I don't see how one can say by going to the media and putting her face out there, that ZG made things worse for herself. I'm sure once her name ws released via media in the first place, ZG's family, friends, co-workers, employers etc already knew her. This poor woman should not have to change her name, move away from those familiar to her, and change her identity and start a new life as opposed to trying to clear her name.

    Anything worth dewing, is worth dewing well!
    Proud parent of 3 rescued schnauzers


  8. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Dewey2Me1MoThyme For This Useful Post:


  9. #1640
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Vancouver
    Posts
    16,024
    [quote=AZlawyer;7392615]
    Quote Originally Posted by Aedrys View Post

    Re the part BBM: None of this is new. My "(2)" was that ZG made things worse for herself by going on TV, and her lawyers made things worse for her by falsely stating that her name was ZFG and falsely stating that Casey had provided details about her life to LE. The false name is in the Complaint and other pleadings filed early in the case (at some point the younger attorney admitted on TV that "F" was not part of ZG's name and they then amended the caption). The false statements about the details provided by Casey to LE can be found in pretty much every interview Morgan and the younger lawyer gave, and, I think, in the Complaint as well. This is not new news.

    Now, it is completely possible that all these things were mistakes. I am just saying that, as to the lawyers, such mistakes are inexcusable, and in addition these mistakes contributed to the misimpression of some that ZG really had some connection with Casey--thus the mistakes harmed ZG.

    As I've said many times, ZG could have innocently believed that Casey really did use those details about her, e.g., if LE officers came to her door and said, "Are you the ZG who drives a Chevy Whatever and has kids named X and Y? We need to talk to you about some allegations made against you by a Ms. Casey Anthony." The fact that the mistakes might have been innocently made has nothing to do with the fact that they might have caused the majority of the damages sought by ZG.
    BBM Actually they did exactly that. I am just re-reading the Searchable Discovery over at the hinky and from what I can see, this Zenaida Gonzales was the only one taken down to the OCSD by Investigators McBryde and Roderick to give a statement and was shown the photos of both OCA and Caylee and asked if she recognized them at all, within the first two weeks of this case breaking.
    When there is Justice - there is Peace.


  10. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to logicalgirl For This Useful Post:


  11. #1641
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Waiting
    Posts
    4,515
    [quote=logicalgirl;7392591]
    Quote Originally Posted by chefmom View Post
    [/B]

    Unless this is a card M&M is playing and never intended to take this to trial at all and are looking for an out of court settlement.
    Oh gosh, LG! I hope not! I have kinda looked to JM as a sort of "ace in the hole" in this case. One more shot at getting something out of KC. I would be soooo disappointed if he too turned out to be all about the money. I felt as though it was personal to him just as it is to many of us who feel that justice was denied to an innocent child that was cruely taken from the world. I want him to force KC on the stand and make her testify. I want him to cross examine the chit out of her until she snaps and her demon heads shows themselves. I want the floor of the courtroom to open up and the flames of Hades to spew forth and devour her. I want. . . .whew! I need a nap!




    It Was Ancient Aliens!


  12. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to chefmom For This Useful Post:


  13. #1642
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Vancouver
    Posts
    16,024
    Quote Originally Posted by AZlawyer View Post
    I don't think I've ever seen a source document that shows that Casey ever said anything about NY plates, or that shows what kind of car or plates ZG really had. All I remember reading is internet hearsay.
    Her texts definitely say on the 16th to look for a silver car with NY plates that ZG drives.
    When there is Justice - there is Peace.


  14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to logicalgirl For This Useful Post:


  15. #1643
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    AZ
    Posts
    7,349
    Quote Originally Posted by logicalgirl View Post
    BBM Actually they did exactly that. I am just re-reading the Searchable Discovery over at the hinky and from what I can see, this Zenaida Gonzales was the only one taken down to the OCSD by Investigators McBryde and Roderick to give a statement and was shown the photos of both OCA and Caylee and asked if she recognized them at all, within the first two weeks of this case breaking.
    Right--actually it was Day One and they went down to her house rather than the other way around, IIRC.

    I think this is when she innocently assumed that everything LE knew about her personal details came from Casey. I can't blame her for assuming that. But her lawyers should have known better and shouldn't have told the world that their client "matched" any part of Casey's fantasy-based nanny description.

    "It would seem to me that June 16, 2008 was the last time that the victim was viewed by her grandparents. It became quite evident that from the OS of the Defense that the 16th was a date of great importance and that a so called time line of activities dealing with CA, LA, GA and ICA on the 16th and what, if any, activities took place on the 15th, 16th and 17th of June on 24 hour cycles would have been, at least, of a minimal requirement of review. I take it at some point you had a computer expert look at that data?" HHJP, 6/21/11
    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...139910&page=94


  16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AZlawyer For This Useful Post:


  17. #1644
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Vancouver
    Posts
    16,024
    Quote Originally Posted by AZlawyer View Post
    Right--actually it was Day One and they went down to her house rather than the other way around, IIRC.

    I think this is when she innocently assumed that everything LE knew about her personal details came from Casey. I can't blame her for assuming that. But her lawyers should have known better and shouldn't have told the world that their client "matched" any part of Casey's fantasy-based nanny description.
    They both phoned her and then showed up on her door to ask for the statement and the pic identification.

    In the wild world of OCA - and I notice the LE are calling her ZG not ZFG so that seems a mute point - just the name and the Sawgrass connection and the LE showing up would be enough for me to "green light" ZG.

    And again, despite and any "misspokes" from her lawyers, we are back to the fact that not once in those first few months did OCA or her lawyers stand up and firmly or what the heck - vehemently deny this was THE ZG.

    And why not when down the road this was just whoops - a drowning...
    When there is Justice - there is Peace.


  18. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to logicalgirl For This Useful Post:


  19. #1645
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Vancouver
    Posts
    16,024
    By the way AZLawyer - thank you so much for the back and forth!

    You contribute a terrific amount to WS and I know you don't usually have the time to "get down and dirty" with us in the threads. Much appreciate it!
    When there is Justice - there is Peace.


  20. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to logicalgirl For This Useful Post:


  21. #1646
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    1,312
    Quote Originally Posted by AZlawyer View Post
    The myth that she went to school with someone named ZG arose out of a website where you can enter a name to search for alumni of a school, and then once the name is searched it appears on a list of potential students when future searchers look at that page. So someone, quite reasonably, searched to see if any ZG had attended school with Casey, and then "ZG" was added to the list of potential attendees of that school when future searchers checked that website.
    Thanks for clearing that up. I had no idea how that myth happened.


  22. The Following User Says Thank You to NocturnalLady For This Useful Post:


  23. #1647
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Montreal
    Posts
    2,539
    [quote=logicalgirl;7392600]
    Quote Originally Posted by AZlawyer View Post

    So what type of car was she driving and did it have NY license plates? I understood it was not her car?
    Casey claimed ZG's car was a Silver ford focus "looking" type car.(with NY license plates-added for good measure)

    What the real ZG drove, I have no idea.


  24. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to sumbunny For This Useful Post:


  25. #1648
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Montreal
    Posts
    2,539
    Quote Originally Posted by AZlawyer View Post
    I don't think I've ever seen a source document that shows that Casey ever said anything about NY plates, or that shows what kind of car or plates ZG really had. All I remember reading is internet hearsay.
    I do recall seeing casey explain the type of car in a jail visit, either with lee or her parents.

    Unless of course I've dreamed it up. ~L~ But for some reason I either remember Casey herself or Cindy describing a silver ford focus type car, with NY license plates.


  26. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to sumbunny For This Useful Post:


  27. #1649
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    19,940
    [quote=AZlawyer;7392571]
    Quote Originally Posted by coco puff View Post

    Good question. That's why I think she should have focused on mental distress damages (and should have been advised to see a psychologist to substantiate those damages) instead of focusing on economic damages.



    I never said anything of the sort. I don't think there has been any indication that her life has been ruined by anyone. But, to the extent she has suffered damages from people thinking she might really have been Casey's nanny, these damages were caused in part by her attorneys (1) falsely claiming in legal papers that her name was Zenaida Fernandez Gonzalez, and (2) falsely claiming in the media that ZG's life "matched" numerous details provided by Casey to LE, including type of vehicle, names of kids, etc. These falsehoods might have led people who were not paying too much attention to think "well, maybe she is 'the' ZFG after all."
    What I was referring to in previous post...
    (2) any damage to ZG's life was caused as much or more by her own and her lawyer's behaviors than by Casey's evil lies.

    BBM-
    sorry, was using "ruin" in lieu of damage to her life. I was proud of ZG in coming forward. I don't see how that harmed her. And, for the record, I didn't put much stock in this suit...not until I heard the short clip of the depo. As far as attorneys writing falsehoods (you aside, of course), from my personal experience I have seen how attorneys effortlessly twist words (ever meet a divorce attorney who didn't claim falsehoods?). The "F"...nah, that doesn't bother me either, nor do I see how that hurt her. But, that's just MPO.

    ETA: yikes...so many broken quotes! Sorry.


  28. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to RR0004 For This Useful Post:


  29. #1650
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    6,719
    Quote Originally Posted by logicalgirl View Post
    By the way AZLawyer - thank you so much for the back and forth!

    You contribute a terrific amount to WS and I know you don't usually have the time to "get down and dirty" with us in the threads. Much appreciate it!
    I have to admit, this has turned into a good conversation. I appreciate AZlawyer being so patient and continuing to try to discuss this in a polite manner. And she has a lot of good points even if I don't totally agree with them. Darn it, I just can't stay mad at AZlawyer for too long!


  30. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Aedrys For This Useful Post:


Page 110 of 213 FirstFirst ... 10 60 100 108 109 110 111 112 120 160 210 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. ZFG Civil Case: Casey's Deposition
    By mombomb in forum Caylee Anthony 2 years old
    Replies: 1736
    Last Post: 08-01-2011, 10:50 PM
  2. ZFG Civil Case: July 19th Casey depo streamed live
    By Linda7NJ in forum Caylee Anthony 2 years old
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-13-2011, 09:49 PM
  3. questions for casey about zfg
    By Laece in forum Caylee Anthony 2 years old
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-04-2009, 07:53 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •