635 users online (77 members and 558 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Orlando Sentinel motion filed on where 200K was spent

Orlando Sentinel filed a motion yesterday asking that the records be released that were sealed about where Jose Baez spent 200K on Casey's defense.

http://www.wesh.com/pdf/28740656/detail.html

Well, if that motion is granted it will be more than interesting!
    Thoughts and prayers for the people of Paris and all of France!

I'm not sure how much traction they will get on that. As a private transaction, I can't imagine it's subject to public disclosure - provided no laws were broken. Ah, but it would be fun, wouldn't it...

Read the motion, all made sense to me - be very very interesting if this information is unsealed - even though it looks like the actual paper work to seal it wasn't done....hmmmm.....can anyone tell if Mr. Baez is doing his neck clicks yet?
    When there is Justice - there is Peace.

Quote Originally Posted by grandmaj View Post
    Orlando Sentinel filed a motion yesterday asking that the records be released that were sealed about where Jose Baez spent 200K on Casey's defense.

http://www.wesh.com/pdf/28740656/detail.html
    As a latecomer to this, I'm curious as to why the record was sealed in the first place. Does anyone know?

I also want to know if he paid taxes on it! I know KC owes taxes on it, but did JB pay taxes on his claimed income from this?

Trust me, $200,00 is more than he would have made over the last few years on this case, a lot more. I am very, very interested in this!

Unless I have included a link, it is my opinion and only my opinion that I am expressing.

i would like to see other things that were sealed as well. isn't there a home depot video? wonder what that is about.

Quote Originally Posted by Little Black Dress View Post
    As a latecomer to this, I'm curious as to why the record was sealed in the first place. Does anyone know?
    Quoting self! Nevermind my question...found the answer IN the document!

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatMommyDog View Post
    I'm not sure how much traction they will get on that. As a private transaction, I can't imagine it's subject to public disclosure - provided no laws were broken. Ah, but it would be fun, wouldn't it...
    I think the fact that Casey's defense was paid by Tax Dollars that it becomes a matter of whether or not indigence status was duly awarded.

Quote Originally Posted by logicalgirl View Post
    Read the motion, all made sense to me - be very very interesting if this information is unsealed - even though it looks like the actual paper work to seal it wasn't done....hmmmm.....can anyone tell if Mr. Baez is doing his neck clicks yet?
    Thanks - well done motion. Sigh. So nice to read one. Loved the media attorneys, savvy professionals they are.

What was the potential financial conflict of interest that Jose Baez had? Interesting!

I remember that Jose said he had paid himself something like $89K out of this money. I think LKB got some too.

Quote Originally Posted by grandmaj View Post
    What was the potential financial conflict of interest that Jose Baez had? Interesting!
    And the fact that KC's address was listed as The Baez Law Firm, her check was sent there, and her IRS notices went there as well.

Now....add in the comments Ann Finnell made here....

http://www.jaxdailyrecord.com/downto...ate=2011-07-26

When asked about the legal fees involved in the case, Finnell said it’s her understanding that lead defense attorney Jose Baez “brokered the sale” of some photographs of Caylee Anthony to the news media for $200,000 early in the case.

“That was gone by the time I got there,” said Finnell.

http://spokesman.jaxrotary.org/
    Most of the defense team's cost was pro bono or from dollars received from the media for photos

Wow. It will be really be interesting is to see what resources were spent on SODDI defense and WHEN!
    $1000 investigate AMY
    $1000 investigate Tony
    $1000 investigate Kio Marie
    $100,000 investigate George

nevermind, it was an accident.... cause she said so
    “The fact that Casey Anthony was the last person to have custody of her daughter, failed to report her missing (or dead) for 31 days, consistently lied once confronted, and the child was found dead and hidden, and she failed to tell what actually happened despite repeated opportunities to do so to her family, friends or law enforcement, (even when faced with the death penalty) was sufficient to find her guilty -- not necessarily of premeditated murder, but certainly all lesser charges. The duct tape and other forensic evidence provided additional, but not necessary, evidence. “
    Quote from: Judge H. Lee Sarokin
    Retired in 1996 after 17 years on the federal bench

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast