GUILTY IL - Darlene Stack, 28, ISU student, raped & murdered, Wheaton, 18 Aug 1976

Whitney was sent to prison eight years later after being convicted of killing Cecil Wallar on Oct. 10, 1982.

If Whitney was sent to prison 8 years ago why did it take so long for his ex-girlfriend to come forward? She lied three times in front of a grand jury providing an alibi for him she knew was false.

I'm sorry, but I hope DuPage charges her with something as well. They don't need her testimony if dna proves Whitney did it, and he is planning on pleading guilty. There is NO excuse for her not coming forward once Whitney was imprisoned for the other crime. :furious:

and yes, I too hope this reflects a trend of NE cold cases being solved.

jmo

From September 2011:

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/...908_1_wheaton-murder-cecil-wallar-prison-term

Michael Whitney, 58, just a year shy of finishing a prison term for a 1982 murder, was sentenced Thursday to a term of natural life in prison for the August 1976 slaying of Darlene Stack...

In a DuPage County courtroom, he formally admitted raping and killing Stack, 28, in the upstairs bedroom of the boarding house on North Stoddard Avenue where both lived. Stack had just moved in three days earlier from Chicago to live closer to Central DuPage Hospital, where she had earned an internship in her pursuit of a medical technician degree.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth
Back