UK - Tracie Andrews freed after "life" sentence for killing fiancee

badhorsie

Mouth operational, brain elsewhere...
Reaction score
Website
ruralidyll.blogspot.com
The Tracie Andrews story in four parts on Youtube

[video=youtube;uzHxuH_6MC0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uzHxuH_6MC0[/video]

I just watched a show about this. I was very interested with the story she made up, and how well she lied. I remember seeing she got life in prison but could be released in 14 years. Which I thought was strange. But then again, I have seen life in prison for alot of European countries, and they really only mean 20 something years..

I don't throw the term "she-devil" around lightly, but in this case it does seem to fit.

ROAD RAGE KILLER TRACIE ANDREWS RANTS AT REFUSAL TO GIVE HER A NEW IDENTITY (Daily Express)
---
During her time behind bars she underwent plastic surgery costing £5,000, was given a complete makeover and taken on shopping trips to help her integrate back into society.

However, Andrews, 42, who now calls herself Tia Carter, moans she did not get a new identity at taxpayers’ expense like Soham killer Ian Huntley’s girlfriend Maxine Carr. That has left her angry and *resentful of a system she claims has let her down.
---
She served the last few months of her sentence at Askham Grange open prison in York. Before her release, she told fellow inmates: “These bastards have hung me out to dry.”
---
more at link above

I saw the episode of "Snapped" on Oxygen Network about her. She lied about everything. You're right, badhorsie, she had absolutely no remorse for what she did. I really felt sorry for Lee Harvey's mom on the show. I just can't believe she is free! :banghead:

She has no remorse whatsoever for what she did. I believe that life should be life and that she should be left to rot in prison :loser:
badhorsie, I agree, she has never shown remorse in the updates I have seen down the years. I read an article the other day from Lee's mother, who just could not bring herself to forgive Tracie. I read it and could not blame her to be honest.

She will go by the name Tia Carter and has had £5,000 surgery to alter her distinctive jaw and dyed her blonde hair brown.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-remorse-Lee-Harvey-murder.html#ixzz1Ty07a2na

You can get cosmetic surgery in a British prison?

apparently not 'good' plastic surgery, i dont see any difference in her jawline?

i dont think she was a natural blonde, either, the second pic shows her roots well.

what a piece of work she is...

Isn't a "real" life sentence in Britain called the Whole Life Tariff? I believe that's what people like Rosemary West and Ian Brady got.

STANDREID,The presiding judge can impose a sentence and decide the minimum of years to be imprisoned. Whole life tariffs are imposed by the home secetary.
From WIKI
The whole life order or whole life tariff is a mechanism whereby a prisoner is sentenced to remain in prison until his or her death. It came into force in 1983 when the Home Secretary began to set minimum terms that convicted killers had to serve before being considered for release on life licence. The intention of a whole life tariff was for a prisoner to spend an entire lifetime behind bars without ever being released, unless there were exceptional circumstances for a prisoner to go free. Trial judges were entitled to recommend that a life sentence prisoner's tariff would mean life, though in many cases the trial judge had recommended that an offender could be considered for parole after a number of years, only for the Home Secretary to later impose a whole life tariff.
The question of whether a Home Secretary should have the power to impose whole life tariffs is a controversial one since a decision to impose such a sanction (or not) can carry political consequences for the Home Secretary and, by extension, the government he serves. In 2002, a successful legal challenge by convicted double murderer Anthony Anderson saw the Home Secretary stripped of the final say on how long a life sentence prisoner must serve before parole can be considered - as well as the right to decide that certain prisoners should never be released.
The law was subsequently changed so that the trial judge was obliged to recommend a minimum number of years (or recommend that life should mean life) in the case of anyone being sentenced to life imprisonment, and that the final say rested with the High Court rather than the Home Secretary.
Only the Home Secretary can grant a release to a prisoner sentenced to a whole life tariff or whole life order, on compassionate grounds due to great age or infirmity. Only four prisoners known or believed to have been issued with a whole life tariff have been released on compassionate grounds. Three of them were IRA members who were freed under the Good Friday Agreement in 1999. The other was gangster Reggie Kray, freed from his life sentence in 2000 after serving 32 years, due to terminal cancer. He died within weeks of release.
Since whole life tariffs were introduced, the law has stated that defendants aged under 21 years cannot be subjected to such a recommendation or order.
Around 50 prisoners have been issued with whole life tariffs or orders since the mechanism was first introduced in 1983, although some of them were convicted of their crimes before that date and some of the prisoners known to have been issued with the whole life tariff have since died in prison.

W-0-W. Just... wow. The differences between the justice systems in the USA vs. the systems in the UK are simply mind-boggling!! It totally blows my mind how lax the UK system is... if I ever decide to become a criminal, I will surely move to England first before beginning my crime spree. This psycho-narcissist woman brutally murdered this poor guy, just because he saw how unstable she was and decided to break it off... she spends less than 2 decades in prison, unrepentant, and then receives facial reconstruction surgery and a name change courtesy of the Brit taxpayers!!! INSANE!!!! How 'nice' for her- UGH!!!:mad:

W-0-W. Just... wow. The differences between the justice systems in the USA vs. the systems in the UK are simply mind-boggling!! It totally blows my mind how lax the UK system is... if I ever decide to become a criminal, I will surely move to England first before beginning my crime spree. This psycho-narcissist woman brutally murdered this poor guy, just because he saw how unstable she was and decided to break it off... she spends less than 2 decades in prison, unrepentant, and then receives facial reconstruction surgery and a name change courtesy of the Brit taxpayers!!! INSANE!!!! How 'nice' for her- UGH!!!:mad:

With respect, I don't agree. I think the US system is too harsh, not that the UK system is too lax. The US prison system is tragically backwards, which is why there are so many prisoners and no real rehabilitation. Should Tracie Andrews be released? Maybe, maybe not. The professionals have made the decision that she is no longer a threat to the public. I'd probably agree with that. I don't think she'll do it again. The surgery was not done with taxpayer money. The name change really doesn't cost much, and it's necessary in order to prevent further crime. If people knew who she was, it's likely she would be harassed, which the police would then have to investigate, costing the taxpayers money. Giving her a new identity prevents crime and prevents further cost. It's the cheaper option in the longrun.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth
Back