827 users online (134 members and 693 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 11 of 82 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by scoops View Post

Maura is not alive right now and that is a fact.
    You can't say that with any certainty. You can say that it's highly LIKELY, but unless you have seen evidence of this, such as remains (and I'm not in the least bit suggesting you have, don't get me wrong) or police confirmation of this via an autopsy report or death certificate (and sometimes even then) you cannot state that as unequivocal fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Jane Birch View Post
    You can't say that with any certainty. You can say that it's highly LIKELY, but unless you have seen evidence of this, such as remains (and I'm not in the least bit suggesting you have, don't get me wrong) or police confirmation of this via an autopsy report or death certificate (and sometimes even then) you cannot state that as unequivocal fact.
    I have seen the anguish in her father over and over again and Maura would not be able to disappear for this length of time (over a guy) and be able to live with herself.

Also, from a technology standpoint, it is almost impossible that Maura could live a new life somewhere and not leave behind a trail of some sort that would be traceable these days. even if maura was the queen of hiding, others around her in her supposed new life would not be able to keep quiet this long or want to for that matter for her sake

From a reality standpoint and after visiting the white moutains and its vast miles and miles of woods, streams, paths that trail off to nowhere, like her own family has been quoted as saying, finding maura would be like finding a needle in a haystack out there. The search attempts that have been done have been very targeted and area-specific, but out there, those kinds of searches are not surprising when they don't turn up anything because Maura was very free to move in any direction at any given time and make use of her natural athletic ability and her hiking knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by scoops View Post
    I have seen the anguish in her father over and over again and Maura would not be able to disappear for this length of time (over a guy) and be able to live with herself.

Also, from a technology standpoint, it is almost impossible that Maura could live a new life somewhere and not leave behind a trail of some sort that would be traceable these days. even if maura was the queen of hiding, others around her in her supposed new life would not be able to keep quiet this long or want to for that matter for her sake

From a reality standpoint and after visiting the white moutains and its vast miles and miles of woods, streams, paths that trail off to nowhere, like her own family has been quoted as saying, finding maura would be like finding a needle in a haystack out there. The search attempts that have been done have been very targeted and area-specific, but out there, those kinds of searches are not surprising when they don't turn up anything because Maura was very free to move in any direction at any given time and make use of her natural athletic ability and her hiking knowledge.
    This does actually happen, Scoops, that someone leaves and are believed dead but they are leading a full life somewhere, under an assumed name. It does happen. In this case, the police won't give out any information about what they have to Fred. It's likely they know a lot more than they're telling.

There was an article posted recently - those who escaped to a different life - and were living in full view of the public. One even had a couple traffic citations, and was using her regular SSN although she'd been declared dead.

Quote Originally Posted by JeannaT View Post
    There was an article posted recently - those who escaped to a different life - and were living in full view of the public. One even had a couple traffic citations, and was using her regular SSN although she'd been declared dead.
    I would very much like to read this article you mention. Is there any way you would be able to find it again?

Thank you in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperKyle View Post
    I would very much like to read this article you mention. Is there any way you would be able to find it again?

Thank you in advance.
    I've searched and searched for it - trying to think of Google phrases that would bring the article up. "Missing adults later found alive". "Adults who faked their deaths", etc., but I can't find the original article.

Here are some individual cases I found:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...n-village.html

http://www.newsy.com/videos/man-decl...live-in-vegas/

http://www.eurospore.eu/t1858-news-m...after-40-years

edited to remove a link that is apparently banned. I'll try to find her story - compelling - on another site that isn't banned.

Found it:

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1417020/posts

This does actually happen, Scoops, that someone leaves and are believed dead but they are leading a full life somewhere, under an assumed name. It does happen. In this case, the police won't give out any information about what they have to Fred. It's likely they know a lot more than they're telling.

I have also heard about cases where people have disappeared and thought to be dead only to turn up somewhere else living a new life, there was even an episdoe of Disappeared (show on ID channel) that showcased one such instance.

However, we are talking about someone in their 20's who had a great relationship with their family and friends, not someone who was kicked to the curb by family and someone who decided that everyone would be better off is they just disappeared.

I would believe the wild boogeyman snatching Maura up theory way before I would believe that she voluntarily left all of her family and friends in the dust for some mysterious reason, that some seven years later, she still would feel the need to remain in hiding.

scoops, I don't really all the way agree with the "great relationship". She had wrecked I forget how many cars (2?) just before purposely leaving, packing her stuff up, telling her teachers she was leaving, and heading out.

I think she purposely intended to leave for at least quite awhile if not forever, and at that point something may have happened to her that she didn't plan. But it's my belief she intended to be gone for awhile.

scoops, I don't really all the way agree with the "great relationship". She had wrecked I forget how many cars (2?) just before purposely leaving, packing her stuff up, telling her teachers she was leaving, and heading out.

I think she purposely intended to leave for at least quite awhile if not forever, and at that point something may have happened to her that she didn't plan. But it's my belief she intended to be gone for awhile.
    Well, we both can agree that Maura intended to be gone for awhile. I would say forever.

I have always believed the investigators, police whatever they call them up in NH, have always been in on more information than they have released and they have (early on) pointed towards Maura being troubled/suicidal)

They didn't back down from their statements about Maura because "New info" led them in another direction, They only did so as a matter of political correctness and proper media disclosure to the public (whenever you can't produce a body to back up your statements).

We can look into and disect every move maura made, but if you look at the actions of police and investigators into this case, that tells its own story right there.

If from day one, Police have been requested by Maura herself to not reveal her future plans and to allow her as an adult to go voluntarily missing so her family would not be able to find her, while the police would technically have to respect the wishes of Maura, they would not then come out and push a suicide theory. That makes absolutely no sense.

A most intriguing post:

http://mauramurray.blogspot.com/

After reading that, if you're game, read the following forensic astrology analysis of Maura's charts, done a few years ago:

http://forensicastrology.blogspot.co...ra-murray.html

A couple of months ago i contacted the astrologer who did this analysis and asked her if Maura's charts had changed in any way; she said they had not.

Some of the analysis details seem to contradict a fact or two; also, the time has passed when the astrologer thought Maura might return/contact family...

After reading the article on Mr. Renner's blog, I thought of this analysis, figured id post it.

Its a little disturbing, even if it is logical deduction, to declare it a fact that Maura is not alive.

JMO

In cases like this, I think LE quit checking any activity on the missing person's SSN too soon. I don't think LE would tell Fred nothing, if they knew Maura was alive. She is listed on the NH Cold Case list. Why waste the taxpayers' money on trying to find someone who is known to be alive, but not wanting to come forward? If LE knows that she is alive and does not want to see or contact her family, then LE would probably tell the family that info. They are not going to keep it a secret. There is no law against LE telling the family she is alive.

Also,

Would the theory that Maura ran off to live a different life explain why she was upset the night of her job? The decision to walk away from family and friends, as well as effectively cutting off ties with her boyfriend, could have caused her to be sad and emotional to a degree..
    Maybe she really did want to talk with her dad the night of the first accident about her plans to go off with another guy, leave the dorm, etc.? But then the accident prevented that, adding a heap more guilt on her.
    The papers that were needed for the insurance company after that first accident were left behind in the car after the second one.
    It seems a little telling, maybe, that she disappeared right before her father was supposed to help her buy a new car.
    If she let him help her buy a car and put it in his name(like the Saturn was), then she could have felt she was obligated to stay, especially after the first accident. Maybe BOTH accidents convinced her to "disappear" out of shame for them on top of her life decisions...

IDK, just going with the flow after reading Mr. Renner's last two articles...

Here's a list of Maura Murrays in NH. One is age 41. The emailer to the Renner blog had Maura's birthdate correct. Very intriguing. Since the MM the emailer referred to had a car loan, I would think she'd be listed on the people searches in NH. People usually get on these search lists, because they took on loans or mortgages.

http://www.intelius.com/results.php?...h&focusfirst=1

Quote Originally Posted by McSpy View Post
    Here's a list of Maura Murrays in NH. One is age 41. The emailer to the Renner blog had Maura's birthdate correct. Very intriguing. Since the MM the emailer referred to had a car loan, I would think she'd be listed on the people searches in NH. People usually get on these search lists, because they took on loans or mortgages.

http://www.intelius.com/results.php?...h&focusfirst=1
    Isnt it possible she didnt live in NH, but just took the loan out there? Perhaps she moved out of state and just mailed in or paid online.

Quote Originally Posted by goodgirl65 View Post
    Isnt it possible she didnt live in NH, but just took the loan out there? Perhaps she moved out of state and just mailed in or paid online.
    It is possible, but she would need proof of a steady job to get a loan. She had to have a legit job---not paid under the table, which means her Social Security number was used. Some credit history as well. She could have eventually moved after getting the car. Although, the car was probably registered to her and she probably had to get a NH or another state's driver's license and insurance. Her MA license is most likely expired. If she is alive and getting all these official documents under her own name, SSN, and birth date, then LE is quite blind!
    I hope she is alive, but I think it is a case of mistaken identity or identity theft. I hope I'm wrong!

I'd put my money on identity theft. Fred would be wise to get Lifelock protection oher ss# so he would know if there was a hit. There was the case on the East coast at an Ivy school where a college woman adopted the identity of a missing person. But it sure is worth looking into.

Page 11 of 82 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 ... LastLast