1692 users online (398 members and 1294 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 27 of 82 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 29 37 77 ... LastLast
Results 391 to 405 of 1228
  1. #391
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Far from the maddening crowd at the back of beyond
    Posts
    592

    "Suspect"

    Quote Originally Posted by McSpy View Post
    my bold . .

    Read the blog again (sometimes, I have to read it a few times to absorb everything) It looks like there is a suspect, but I'm guessing there isn't enough evidence to bring him in.

    I think Renner is writing to all the followers of this case. There are over 7 years of people following this case, which is why he probably didn't explain Rick's roll in the investigation. There are a few good articles still available on the web to read on Maura's disappearance, if you want to catch up.
    BBM

    I posted a comment on the latest JR blog (to which I linked from a post on this thread) to the effect that while I was visiting friends in the area at the end of July, MM's disappearance came up. My friends offered a name that I have not seen on WS, and while I definitely do not want to violate the TOS here, I can state RF is not the name I was given and I have not seen the name I was given anywhere on all the MM threads on WS. The speculation by my friends is that LE does not have enough to prosecute this person.

    Moderator, please delete this post if it is inappropriate.

  2. #392
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    2,837
    If you can't post it here, will you please PM me? Thank you.

    Maura's case has confused me for years. I'm not sure what I think of the blogger just yet. Seems to have a lot of "sensational" info that was never leaked in 7 years? I find that a bit hard to believe.

  3. #393
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    819
    Quote Originally Posted by Masterj View Post
    If you can't post it here, will you please PM me? Thank you.

    Maura's case has confused me for years. I'm not sure what I think of the blogger just yet. Seems to have a lot of "sensational" info that was never leaked in 7 years? I find that a bit hard to believe.
    I'm not sure if it's hard to believe or it's just that LE hasn't shared too much until now. Let's face it, it's been 7 years. I think it's about time they move on this in another direction.

  4. #394
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Where I hang my hat.
    Posts
    10,560
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiln Wood View Post
    BBM

    I posted a comment on the latest JR blog (to which I linked from a post on this thread) to the effect that while I was visiting friends in the area at the end of July, MM's disappearance came up. My friends offered a name that I have not seen on WS, and while I definitely do not want to violate the TOS here, I can state RF is not the name I was given and I have not seen the name I was given anywhere on all the MM threads on WS. The speculation by my friends is that LE does not have enough to prosecute this person.

    Moderator, please delete this post if it is inappropriate.
    Thanks for the info! Does this potential suspect have a father who owns a cement or gravel company there? I did read about another person of interest in another forum. I'm not sure if this is the guy you have heard about. I wonder what kind of evidence they have on this person of interest and wonder why Butch Atwood was afraid of him.

  5. #395
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    819
    Quote Originally Posted by McSpy View Post
    Thanks for the info! Does this potential suspect have a father who owns a cement or gravel company there? I did read about another person of interest in another forum. I'm not sure if this is the guy you have heard about. I wonder what kind of evidence they have on this person of interest and wonder why Butch Atwood was afraid of him.
    Now I remember. I got this guys name written down somewhere. Let me see if I can find it.

  6. #396
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Where I hang my hat.
    Posts
    10,560
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiln Wood View Post
    BBM

    I posted a comment on the latest JR blog (to which I linked from a post on this thread) to the effect that while I was visiting friends in the area at the end of July, MM's disappearance came up. My friends offered a name that I have not seen on WS, and while I definitely do not want to violate the TOS here, I can state RF is not the name I was given and I have not seen the name I was given anywhere on all the MM threads on WS. The speculation by my friends is that LE does not have enough to prosecute this person.

    Moderator, please delete this post if it is inappropriate.
    I read your comment on JR's blog. Yes, the person of interest is the same guy that I just mentioned in my last post. There was a long discussion on Topix on him. I think his wife or step-mother (forgot exact relationship) is the Attorney General or something like that. . . Supposedly, the family is very powerful in the Haverhill area. There was discussion about his father pouring a new concrete floor in his building in Feb. of the year MM disappeared, if I recall correctly. If all the circumstancial evidence points to him, I wonder what that evidence is?

  7. #397
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    32
    According to Renner, John Healy is a "childhood friend" of Strelzin. Maybe he's a family friend when Jeff was in kindergarten, but he's definitely not a peer - Healy is around 12 years older.

    Just sayin'.
    Last edited by I Care; 09-20-2011 at 10:02 AM. Reason: spelling

  8. #398
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    51
    Quote Originally Posted by McSpy View Post
    I read your comment on JR's blog. Yes, the person of interest is the same guy that I just mentioned in my last post. There was a long discussion on Topix on him. I think his wife or step-mother (forgot exact relationship) is the Attorney General or something like that. . . Supposedly, the family is very powerful in the Haverhill area. There was discussion about his father pouring a new concrete floor in his building in Feb. of the year MM disappeared, if I recall correctly. If all the circumstancial evidence points to him, I wonder what that evidence is?
    Yeah, we were talking about this individual here a few months back, and actually my interest in him regarding MM is partly what lead me to join WS. He's got a prestigious family - his step-mother is the Grafton county attorney, and his father owns several businesses around town (one, indeed, being a concrete company - at least, he owned one around the time of Maura's disappearance).

    Kiln_Wood, you say you haven't seen the name pop up on WS, but judging from your post on Renner's blog it sounds like we're talking about the same person. Correct me if I'm wrong. (Or don't, whatever you feel comfortable revealing).

    Anyway, mods - delete this post if I've stepped over any lines here.

    ETA: Does anybody remember this?
    "In late 2004, a man came forward to Fred with a stained, rusty jackknife. The stains were a reddish-brown color, Fred said. The man told Fred he thought his brother may have been connected to Maura's disappearance. At the time of Maura's accident the brother was living less than a mile away, the man related. He described his brother as having a record of violence and said that his brother's live-in girlfriend began acting strange around the time of Maura's disappearance.

    Fred tried to turn the knife over to police but did not get beyond the plate glass window at state police headquarters, "I have what could be evidence in a capital crime," he recalled saying to the dispatcher, but the dispatcher said no one was available at headquarters to accept such evidence. Fred was told to come back during regular work hours. Fred then mailed the knife to state police along with all the information he received on the suspect. A few days later Fred received a proof of receipt that his package had reached the police but was never contacted by police regarding the knife or the possible suspect."
    http://southshorexpress.com//index.p...=912&Itemid=83

    If (and that's a big if - don't take my post for anything more than speculation) the person under discussion is involved with what happened to MM, and also the owner of the knife, then - keeping in mind the reputation of said person's family - would LE's seemingly total disinterest and inaction regarding this potentially very important piece of evidence start to make sense?
    Last edited by jeffries; 09-20-2011 at 07:35 PM.

  9. #399
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Where I hang my hat.
    Posts
    10,560
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffries View Post
    Yeah, we were talking about this individual here a few months back, and actually my interest in him regarding MM is partly what lead me to join WS. He's got a prestigious family - his step-mother is the Grafton county attorney, and his father owns several businesses around town (one, indeed, being a concrete company - at least, he owned one around the time of Maura's disappearance).

    Kiln_Wood, you say you haven't seen the name pop up on WS, but judging from your post on Renner's blog it sounds like we're talking about the same person. Correct me if I'm wrong. (Or don't, whatever you feel comfortable revealing).

    Anyway, mods - delete this post if I've stepped over any lines here.
    ETA: Does anybody remember this?
    "In late 2004, a man came forward to Fred with a stained, rusty jackknife. The stains were a reddish-brown color, Fred said. The man told Fred he thought his brother may have been connected to Maura's disappearance. At the time of Maura's accident the brother was living less than a mile away, the man related. He described his brother as having a record of violence and said that his brother's live-in girlfriend began acting strange around the time of Maura's disappearance.

    Fred tried to turn the knife over to police but did not get beyond the plate glass window at state police headquarters, "I have what could be evidence in a capital crime," he recalled saying to the dispatcher, but the dispatcher said no one was available at headquarters to accept such evidence. Fred was told to come back during regular work hours. Fred then mailed the knife to state police along with all the information he received on the suspect. A few days later Fred received a proof of receipt that his package had reached the police but was never contacted by police regarding the knife or the possible suspect."
    http://southshorexpress.com//index.p...=912&Itemid=83

    If (and that's a big if - don't take my post for anything more than speculation) the person under discussion is involved with what happened to MM, and also the owner of the knife, then - keeping in mind the reputation of said person's family - would LE's seemingly total disinterest and inaction regarding this potentially very important piece of evidence start to make sense?
    Are you thinking that the knife may have belonged to the guy with the powerful family? His brother was the one who gave it to Fred, if I recall correctly. Wouldn't he back up the police, since he was the one who brought the knife to someone's attention? Are we talking about 2 different people--- the guy with the knife and guy with the powerful family or are they one and the same?

  10. #400
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    51
    Quote Originally Posted by McSpy View Post
    Are you thinking that the knife may have belonged to the guy with the powerful family? His brother was the one who gave it to Fred, if I recall correctly. Wouldn't he back up the police, since he was the one who brought the knife to someone's attention? Are we talking about 2 different people--- the guy with the knife and guy with the powerful family or are they one and the same?
    I was theorizing, pure speculation, that the guy who gave the knife to Fred is the brother of the suspicious person in question (who does have at least one brother, from what I've gleaned). As I said, this would explain LE's disinterest in that piece of evidence. But you're right - it doesn't totally pan out. If there's a cover-up of some sort, because of the powerful family of these two brothers, one would think nobody in that immediate family would be turning in any such items. Perhaps the man who gave the knife to Fred couldn't control himself after seeing it, made a "mistake" in putting the trail onto his brother (this was fairly early, still 2004) - and that's why the police clammed up and we haven't heard any solid information about any of this since.

    But, of course, this is all pretty tenuous as long as we don't even know the identity of the man who came forward with the knife.


  11. #401
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Pittsburgh (of course)
    Posts
    2,479
    I don't think There has to be a formal coverup to stall a case, just LE relectance to go down certain roads. Regardless of whether someone with powerful connections was the cause of Maura's disappearance, I have always felt that this case was screwed up from the jump: out of state plates, a female driver when the car was registered to a man, the cracked windshield on the driver's side, night and winter conditions--all should have led to a call to the car owner once it was abandoned, since it was possible that the driver could have a concussion or closed head injury. The presence of alcohol might have been another factor that would have triggered some concern. Once the Murrays finally learned Maura was missing, the trail was cold. Then NH state police get focused on suicide, which is convenient because it renders the initial LE response moot: she was an outsider bent on killing herself. So the evidence points back to her home and family. Anyone who has spent time in a resort area knows that tourists generally do not generate the same level of attention from LE that local, tax-paying citizens do. And then Fred Murray didn't make any friends, for all of these reasons. So even if a killer was "connected," there are lots of other reasons why LE might choose not to go down some roads, especially if they believe (for whatever reason) it was suicide.

  12. #402
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    953
    Quote Originally Posted by pittsburghgirl View Post
    I don't think There has to be a formal coverup to stall a case, just LE relectance to go down certain roads. Regardless of whether someone with powerful connections was the cause of Maura's disappearance, I have always felt that this case was screwed up from the jump: out of state plates, a female driver when the car was registered to a man, the cracked windshield on the driver's side, night and winter conditions--all should have led to a call to the car owner once it was abandoned, since it was possible that the driver could have a concussion or closed head injury. The presence of alcohol might have been another factor that would have triggered some concern. Once the Murrays finally learned Maura was missing, the trail was cold. Then NH state police get focused on suicide, which is convenient because it renders the initial LE response moot: she was an outsider bent on killing herself. So the evidence points back to her home and family. Anyone who has spent time in a resort area knows that tourists generally do not generate the same level of attention from LE that local, tax-paying citizens do. And then Fred Murray didn't make any friends, for all of these reasons. So even if a killer was "connected," there are lots of other reasons why LE might choose not to go down some roads, especially if they believe (for whatever reason) it was suicide.

    I would say there was no cover-up or any reluctance in pursuing evidence concerning this "Suspect" everyone is talking about.

    The A-Frame house on Valley Rd. was searched and the blood evidence the dogs hit upon turned out to come from a clothes hamper (menstral).

    So back to square one.

  13. #403
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Pittsburgh (of course)
    Posts
    2,479
    Really. Was the blood evidence verified? What's the source on that? Maybe I've just forgotten, but I can't recall the A-frame blood was resolved.

    And I was speaking in general, to the point that a coverup (deliberate and intended to protect someone) is not necessarily to derail an investigation. All it would take would be for one or two investigators to get tunnel vision.

  14. #404
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Where I hang my hat.
    Posts
    10,560
    Quote Originally Posted by pittsburghgirl View Post
    Really. Was the blood evidence verified? What's the source on that? Maybe I've just forgotten, but I can't recall the A-frame blood was resolved.

    And I was speaking in general, to the point that a coverup (deliberate and intended to protect someone) is not necessarily to derail an investigation. All it would take would be for one or two investigators to get tunnel vision.
    I know you are answering Scoops, but I read it somewhere too. The theory is that there was probably a clothes hamper in that closet and some of the items ended up on the floor. Then problem is coming up with the source, because many of the old articles are not on the web anymore.

    I agree about the tunnel vision.
    Last edited by McSpy; 09-21-2011 at 07:04 PM.

  15. #405
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    -Metro NYC
    Posts
    4,799
    Quote Originally Posted by pittsburghgirl View Post
    I don't think There has to be a formal coverup to stall a case, just LE relectance to go down certain roads. Regardless of whether someone with powerful connections was the cause of Maura's disappearance, I have always felt that this case was screwed up from the jump: out of state plates, a female driver when the car was registered to a man, the cracked windshield on the driver's side, night and winter conditions--all should have led to a call to the car owner once it was abandoned, since it was possible that the driver could have a concussion or closed head injury. The presence of alcohol might have been another factor that would have triggered some concern. Once the Murrays finally learned Maura was missing, the trail was cold. Then NH state police get focused on suicide, which is convenient because it renders the initial LE response moot: she was an outsider bent on killing herself. So the evidence points back to her home and family. Anyone who has spent time in a resort area knows that tourists generally do not generate the same level of attention from LE that local, tax-paying citizens do. And then Fred Murray didn't make any friends, for all of these reasons. So even if a killer was "connected," there are lots of other reasons why LE might choose not to go down some roads, especially if they believe (for whatever reason) it was suicide.
    That brings up another theory - I think it was mentioned when volunteer PI's were on the case, but I could be wrong - anyway, the theory is that MM's accident really took place further east, on property under Federal jurisdiction, and it was there that she was abducted by a man and woman.
    The female of this duo then moved the car west into Haverhill so that it would be under Haverhill's small PD jurisdiction and as such they would do just what they did with the limited resources they have.
    BA saw this woman before she was picked up by her male accomplice. This is why BA first mentioned he did not think the woman in the car was MM....
    Okay, before you blast this theory, I just posted it as an example to show that there were so many theories, we shouldn't be surprised by anything now mentioned, and this theory is on a par IMO with the notion of a perp who had powerful connections....

Page 27 of 82 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 29 37 77 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. NH NH - Maura Murray, 21, Haverhill, 9 Feb 2004 - #11
    By SheWhoMustNotBeNamed in forum 2000's Missing
    Replies: 1144
    Last Post: 01-09-2015, 05:57 PM
  2. NH NH - Maura Murray, 21, Haverhill, 9 Feb 2004 - # 7
    By Cubby in forum 2000's Missing
    Replies: 861
    Last Post: 08-02-2011, 08:34 PM
  3. NH NH - Maura Murray, 21, Haverhill, 9 Feb 2004 - # 6
    By Peabody in forum 2000's Missing
    Replies: 541
    Last Post: 01-14-2011, 12:53 PM
  4. NH NH - Maura Murray, 21, Haverhill, 9 Feb 2004 - # 5
    By Timex in forum 2000's Missing
    Replies: 1043
    Last Post: 04-28-2010, 12:17 AM
  5. NH NH - Maura Murray, 21, Haverhill, 9 Feb 2004 - # 3
    By CW in forum 2000's Missing
    Replies: 448
    Last Post: 03-16-2006, 04:35 PM

Tags for this Thread