750 users online (96 members and 654 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 3 of 82 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Oddtree View Post
    Even better, ask when they were open in 2004.
    Agreed.
    "Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And when you look long into an abyss, the abyss also looks into you." -- Nietzsche

Pro-Sports-Inc.
    5 Pasture Lane
    Thornton NH 03264
    Campground Concessionaires
    P 603-728-7737
    P 888-226-7764
    prosportsinc@adlephia.net

Kancamagus Highway Campgrounds
    Only 2 campgrounds are open year-round, the Jigger Johnson and The Blackberry .

http://www.kancamagushighway.com/campgrounds/index.htm

Both required registration into the campground, which would mean there could be a record of that; most probably it was checked out already? Also, i dont think Maura had the camping equipment required to get a spot(tent, vehicle, etc.). If anything i would think she would try to get a cabin to sleep in, as they, apparently, are open all year round.

http://www.recreation.gov/campsiteCa...O&parkId=75091

But you have to bring your own bedding, according to the website.

http://www.kancamagushighway.com/cabins/index.htm

Again, there would be a record of that if she had. Unless of course, Maura just headed off into
    some kind of closed or restricted area, as to avoid detection.

Still, she would have had quite a run to get there, again, without being detected? It seems hardly possible.

Quote Originally Posted by goodgirl65 View Post
    Kancamagus Highway Campgrounds
    Only 2 campgrounds are open year-round, the Jigger Johnson and The Blackberry .

http://www.kancamagushighway.com/campgrounds/index.htm

Both required registration into the campground, which would mean there could be a record of that; most probably it was checked out already? Also, i dont think Maura had the camping equipment required to get a spot(tent, vehicle, etc.). If anything i would think she would try to get a cabin to sleep in, as they, apparently, are open all year round.

http://www.recreation.gov/campsiteCa...O&parkId=75091

But you have to bring your own bedding, according to the website.

http://www.kancamagushighway.com/cabins/index.htm

Again, there would be a record of that if she had. Unless of course, Maura just headed off into
    some kind of closed or restricted area, as to avoid detection.

Still, she would have had quite a run to get there, again, without being detected? It seems hardly possible.
    I wasn't speculating that she ever got there (seems highly unlikely), but it might have been in the back of her mind.
    "Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And when you look long into an abyss, the abyss also looks into you." -- Nietzsche

seems like a lot of hellabalou over nothing! Criticism, just to be critical?
    Like 8 posts, when we could just ASK first, politely, rather then accuse someone of sloppy detective work.

Was this campground open during the 2004 season year round?

See how easy that was, lol.

Great Idea Oddtree
    "The Greek word moira (μοῖρα) literally means a part or portion, and by extension one's portion in life or destiny.
    They controlled the metaphorical thread of life of every mortal from birth to death."

Wikipedia

While the jigger johnson campground is a great possible target location for where Maura may have been headed, a much closer destination along that same route she took would be the Woodstock area, an area that both of Maura's parents have each have referenced as a possible place their daughter would've been headed for.

More has been posted on James' blog:

"In her brother's words"
    http://mauramurray.blogspot.com/

Also background on the family as per James...

James' blog

"Hinky" explanation about the rag in the tailpipe.

http://mauramurray.blogspot.com/2011...explained.html

Quote Originally Posted by gnomony View Post

About JR's book.... would be more interesting to me if instead of simply writing about MM's disappearance, the book is like his blog - in other words writing about writing a book about MM's disappearance, along with the bits and pieces of info you are finding out...

Quote Originally Posted by gnomony View Post

Yes, I have heard this explanation before, citing the same source(Fred Murray).

Perhaps he really didnt know it could stall the car...sounds like an old-timer's way of rigging it up, if you ask me...
    Last edited by goodgirl65; 08-06-2011 at 07:02 PM.

Make of this what you will, but here is a small excerpt from an article done in 2006 by the Concord Monitor that I believe to be credible. I had never heard this piece of info before:

"The last time Carpenter saw her sister was Christmas 2004. She spoke with her on the phone the night before she disappeared. Murray told Carpenter she had gotten in a fight with her boyfriend but she did not mention anything about going away".

Also after hearing one of the private investigators going over case notes in a recent interview, He made the distinction that they know Maura was headed east (On foot) after the accident because of the search dogs tracing.

While that is not neccessarily news, that has been reported several times, the investigator also noted that because of where the accident took place and the time of the year it was, that the search dogs were only going to be able to track anyone's scent for approximately 100 yards because of gusty winds etc.. So the fact the dogs lost Maura's scent 100-yards down the road doesn't really prove much (Like that she hopped into a vehicle).

Quote Originally Posted by scoops View Post
    Make of this what you will, but here is a small excerpt from an article done in 2006 by the Concord Monitor that I believe to be credible. I had never heard this piece of info before:

"The last time Carpenter saw her sister was Christmas 2004. She spoke with her on the phone the night before she disappeared. Murray told Carpenter she had gotten in a fight with her boyfriend but she did not mention anything about going away".
    Do you have a link?
    I recall from yet another article(cant recall which, but will search later after work) that her sister said she was complaining to Maura about her own fiance. So perhaps there is a mis-report somewhere...or perhaps BOTH conversations took place, one leading to the other...seems like a natural progression....

Because I am no expert and have no experience with airbags, I will defer to those who are more familiar.

By all reports, the airbags deployed. Would this not have kept Maura from hitting and cracking the windshield? Just wondering if the windshield damage may have happened at an earlier time.

Also, how long before the airbags deflate?

Quote Originally Posted by TxMomma View Post
    Because I am no expert and have no experience with airbags, I will defer to those who are more familiar.

By all reports, the airbags deployed. Would this not have kept Maura from hitting and cracking the windshield? Just wondering if the windshield damage may have happened at an earlier time.

Also, how long before the airbags deflate?
    BBM

They deflate rather rapidly - IIRC in seconds from I've seen mentioned on the web - (Google search airbag deflation time saturn)...
    Much was made of the deflation time on another board where it was questioned how the SBD could have seen MM behind an inflated airbag since they deflate so quickly....

Page 3 of 82 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast