1434 users online (251 members and 1183 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 34 of 82 FirstFirst ... 24 32 33 34 35 36 44 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by rosierider View Post
    YooHoo! James Renner, why no new posts?
    He had mentioned finishing something and then getting back to it. I imagine he has other higher priorities. Family, official job.
    I'm sure he'll be back.
    Great things are worth waiting for

Quote Originally Posted by scoops View Post
    Just a minor update ... FWIW

I just got off the phone with the New Hampshire Senior Assistant Attorney General Jeff Strelzin concerning the partial human skull found in the Littleton horse cemetery and he believes they are now finishing up testing and estimated that in a few weeks or less there will be a press release on the matter.
    Hey Scoops - any update on this? Thanks!!
    This is where Sky belongs!! Proud member of the Sky Crew & proud supporter of Solomon's quest to find his precious son! "I will always be his father. On this earth I don't see him, but in heaven we'll be together," Metalwala said.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...-6-Nov-2011-19

Quote Originally Posted by cocomod View Post
    Hey Scoops - any update on this? Thanks!!
    The assistant attorney general didn't return my phone call on Friday, so I decided to stir things up by going to the local newspapers in that area and asking them why they haven't followed up on the story.

I think we will hear an update next week, not sure if it will be an update just to say they are still wrapping up testing or an update about what was discovered concerning the partial skull.

Quote Originally Posted by scoops View Post
    The assistant attorney general didn't return my phone call on Friday, so I decided to stir things up by going to the local newspapers in that area and asking them why they haven't followed up on the story.

I think we will hear an update next week, not sure if it will be an update just to say they are still wrapping up testing or an update about what was discovered concerning the partial skull.
    Are you sure you aren't writing the new book? I like your style of investigating - great photos, and now you're on the case following up this story!

Quote Originally Posted by OldSteve View Post
    Are you sure you aren't writing the new book? I like your style of investigating - great photos, and now you're on the case following up this story!
    I am positive I am not writing the book, I will leave that to James. He has energized me though to keep this case as fresh as possible with hopes of getting somewhere finally after seven years.

I am a professional journalist (at least for a little while longer, this career field sucks) but I actually am on the sports side of the writing aisle.

Far from the maddening crowd at the back of beyond

Road Construction

I am on a "leaf peeping" vacation (aka fall foliage quest) and have been since October 7th; although I do not have a laptop, I am using the computer at the B&B at which I'm staying to post this. Earlier today I was driving west on Route 112, I passed the tree on which the VERY LARGE blue ribbon is tied at the spot of MM's disappearance, and a little while after that I encountered road construction.

During two stops for oncoming traffic, I talked to the respective flagpersons, and both of them told me the construction will continue "farther east along the road ending at the big barn."

I am posting this because I don't know how many of you regularly drive Route 112 in that area so I don't know that anyone else would weigh in on the subject. I am hoping that perhaps something, ANYTHING, will be found that will be a "new clue" as a result of the road construction project (I counted seven construction workers at the first stop, six at the second, and LOTS of vehicles parked all along Route 112 in the respective construction areas).

Before I entered the area where Maura was last seen, I stopped for awhile in Lincoln and spoke to some folks there (I know them from earlier trips) to see if anyone had heard anything new on the subject of MM; I also stopped for awhile in Woodsville after I had passed through the construction areas. No one has anything further to share on the subject of MM's disappearance, but everyone was friendly even though the economy of the last several years hasn't been favorable.

Valiantly attempting to keep the faith that MM will eventually be found so her family will at least have some closure.....
    Last edited by Kiln Wood; 10-17-2011 at 11:20 PM. Reason: spelling

Quote Originally Posted by McSpy View Post
    The White Mountains are thickly forested and most people stick to the trails. Hunters go off trail, but not so much along roads such as Rt. 112, because there are better areas to hunt. Also quote "IMO, in the woods along the road side (Rt. 112 and maybe 116) all the way to the next towns would be a start, especially where they didn't search before. Maybe, work backwards from the towns to the Haverhill. I think she was pretty fit, so she could have gone far. Volunteer hikers could do it. It could be hairy in places though.

I like McSpy's point about looking along the immediate roadsides and not necessarily so deep in the woods. I am not sure if Fred Murray has searched the woods directly by the roadsides or not. It does make good sense to check these areas thoroughly (If they haven't already). If Maura were trying to hide from traffic she may not have gone as deep into the woods as we think. McSpy is right. Most Hikers usually stay on trails and hunter's don't hunt directly along roadsides. It would be pretty unlikely that hunter's and hiker's in those woods would spend much time along the immediate roadside and happen upon any remains. I think it is an automatic thought that one has to go deep in the woods to find a missing person. Many missing people are actually found along roadsides oddly enough. People go missing in vehicles that run off the road into remote woods or water, bodies are dumped in ditches or buried a few yards off the road. Some people have been hit by cars and knocked over hillsides and some people get off the road to hide from something. (My friends and I did this when we were younger if we were out after dark and saw a car coming down the road.) If Maura did this on a cold night and remote area that adds an element of danger. I wonder if the road crews working along side the roads could be alerted to keep their eyes open. Many will duck off into the woods to take a leak. (Sorry to be so blunt). They could be doing "double duty"

My opinions only, no facts here:

Where the dogs lost the scent, Maura was either taken north or east by vehicle. My bet would be that she is buried and somewhere east from where the scent was lost, maybe a bit up Bradley Hill Road. Are there any small domiciles there that could have housed the perpetrator at the time the disappearance occurred (perennial rental units)? If so, I would look around them.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiln Wood View Post
    I am on a "leaf peeping" vacation (aka fall foliage quest) and have been since October 7th; although I do not have a laptop, I am using the computer at the B&B at which I'm staying to post this. Earlier today I was driving west on Route 112, I passed the tree on which the VERY LARGE blue ribbon is tied at the spot of MM's disappearance, and a little while after that I encountered road construction.

During two stops for oncoming traffic, I talked to the respective flagpersons, and both of them told me the construction will continue "farther east along the road ending at the big barn."

I am posting this because I don't know how many of you regularly drive Route 112 in that area so I don't know that anyone else would weigh in on the subject. I am hoping that perhaps something, ANYTHING, will be found that will be a "new clue" as a result of the road construction project (I counted seven construction workers at the first stop, six at the second, and LOTS of vehicles parked all along Route 112 in the respective construction areas).

Before I entered the area where Maura was last seen, I stopped for awhile in Lincoln and spoke to some folks there (I know them from earlier trips) to see if anyone had heard anything new on the subject of MM; I also stopped for awhile in Woodsville after I had passed through the construction areas. No one has anything further to share on the subject of MM's disappearance, but everyone was friendly even though the economy of the last several years hasn't been favorable.

Valiantly attempting to keep the faith that MM will eventually be found so her family will at least have some closure.....
    Good info! Wonder if the road crews were told to keep an eye out for anything relating to MM... have a feeling they weren't

Far from the maddening crowd at the back of beyond

Awareness

Quote Originally Posted by OldSteve View Post
    Good info! Wonder if the road crews were told to keep an eye out for anything relating to MM... have a feeling they weren't
    BBM

The two flagpersons to whom I spoke are well aware of MM's disappearance along that stretch of road, and both told me the construction crew knows of her disappearance.

I apologize I did not include this information in my original post on the subject.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiln Wood View Post
    BBM

The two flagpersons to whom I spoke are well aware of MM's disappearance along that stretch of road, and both told me the construction crew knows of her disappearance.

I apologize I did not include this information in my original post on the subject.
    You did real good on this!

New message from Mr. Renner

UP as of now. BIG I would say. If true things are starting to become clear.

http://mauramurray.blogspot.com/

Now this is new, at least to me. But if Mr. Renner spoke to the state police official who wrote the warrant, why can't its authenticity be definitively established?

The post begs the question of whether state police identified the caller and who that person was.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperKyle View Post
    UP as of now. BIG I would say. If true things are starting to become clear.

http://mauramurray.blogspot.com/
    I have heard of this call, but not in this detail. I have a few questions on this call:

Did Maura answer the phone?

What was the duration of the call?

If Maura didn't answer the phone, why didn't the caller come forward?

Was it established that she knew this caller?

Was this caller's phone number a NH or a MA number?

Who called her?

If the caller was driving up to meet her, where was he/she driving from?

Is this caller missing too?

Has LE talked to the phone owner?

Does the caller have an alibi for that evening and did family or friends notice them not returning home for a day or longer?

If Maura was meeting someone up there and she disappeared because of an accident or foul play by a stranger, then why didn't this caller come forward? Now, maybe he did, but LE is witholding the info? Also, how did Maura set up this meeting? Does LE have evidence from her email and phone records of any coorespondence with this person? Could Maura have told someone in person of her plans, but didn't expect them to drive up to NH? Could Maura have made a phone call from a public phone to this person? The public phone could have been in NH or on campus.

I have more questions than answers!

Page 34 of 82 FirstFirst ... 24 32 33 34 35 36 44 ... LastLast