1428 users online (257 members and 1171 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 40 of 82 FirstFirst ... 30 38 39 40 41 42 50 ... LastLast
Results 586 to 600 of 1228
  1. #586
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    3,661
    no McSpy, no one knows what this upsetting call was about , or why she abruptly left school...but I find that her sisters unwillingness to reveal anything about it as suspicious.

    Sometimes people would rather think of someone as missing, rather then face facts and possibly be a part of the reason someone is possibly dead in the first place.

  2. #587
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Where I hang my hat.
    Posts
    10,560
    Quote Originally Posted by dogperson View Post
    I didn't think of that one. Would it work? Would it build up fumes in the car if you sat there for an extended period with all the windows rolled up? I've heard stories of tailpipes being blocked by snowdrifts, following an accident, where people have died from carbon monoxide while they sat in their cars with the motor running afterwards waiting for help. So it could be possible. I don't know a lot about auto exhaust systems. Following your line of thought, though, could she have been pushed beyond her limit with this accident on top of whatever else her problems were, and tried to make a suicide attempt there by the side of the road but had to abandon that plan when the bus driver came along?
    I seem to recall seeing in Mr. Renner's blog that the rag was stuffed "way up in there" so it probably was not visible to other motorists if that's the case. If I were going to use a rag to prevent other motorists from hitting me in the dark, I would close one end of it into the trunk
    lid where it would be most visible from behind. That way it could hang down the back of the car at the level
    where another motorist's headlights would hit it. Putting it down low in the tailpipe would make it harder to see, plus the risk of the wind blowing it away if it was hanging out the end.
    I just am not buying her dad's story of why the rag was in the tailpipe, unless for some reason he really believed a thing like that would help it run. Like maybe he didn't know a lot about cars and had heard that somewhere.
    And if someone previous to that night stuffed the rag from her own trunk into the tailpipe, why did they do it and how did they have access to her trunk? Arewe 100% certain this was ever her rag to begin with or something her dad said for some reason?
    Just throwing random ideas out here. I actually have no concrete opinions on this case but wish I did. At first I really believed she ran on up the road, not realizing she was becoming hypothermic, crawling into a makeshift shelter and dying. But now I have my doubts.
    BBM
    I don't think it works. The rag would either stall the car or shoot out from the pressure. If there are leaks in the exhaust pipe then the car would just idle lousy. The exhaust needs to go into the passenger compartment to kill someone. A hole in the floor would do it. To commit suicide without a hole in the floor, you would need a hose connected to the tailpipe that goes into the passenger's compartment. An enclosed space like a garage would help too.

  3. #588
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Where I hang my hat.
    Posts
    10,560
    Quote Originally Posted by minazoe View Post
    no McSpy, no one knows what this upsetting call was about , or why she abruptly left school...but I find that her sisters unwillingness to reveal anything about it as suspicious.

    Sometimes people would rather think of someone as missing, rather then face facts and possibly be a part of the reason someone is possibly dead in the first place.
    It is just speculation that the call made Maura upset. It may have nothing to do with her reason to go up to NH.

  4. #589
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    3,661
    so then why not disclose the conversation and what it was about?

    Maura may have not known that stuffing a rag in the tail pipe would not kill her.

    why was she there in the first place?

    If her own family won't talk or tell the truth it bespeaks denial to me.

    they are the cause but want to continue to believe they are not the cause by denying and withholding actual facts...they want to maintain a fragile reality where it all has nothing to do with anything they could have done.

    they don't want their reputations ruined, image destroyed.

    denial.

    the girl hated them and killed herself...I am sure she was having some big problems she was not getting any help with from a family that only cares what others think.

    what would be so secret that her own sister refuses to disclose it?

    no no...I think I'm right here.

  5. #590
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    953
    Quote Originally Posted by minazoe View Post
    no McSpy, no one knows what this upsetting call was about , or why she abruptly left school...but I find that her sisters unwillingness to reveal anything about it as suspicious.

    Sometimes people would rather think of someone as missing, rather then face facts and possibly be a part of the reason someone is possibly dead in the first place.
    Not to muddle the waters here, but we aren't even sure which sister made Maura upset that Thursday night. The one sister (Kathleen) says their phone conversation (that lasted 20 minutes) was pretty typical and routine. The other sister (Julie) is the one who would be tied in to Maura's boyfriend in some fashion. (Both went to Westpoint together, possibly a link to Maura meeting her boyfriend in the first place).

    It is just speculation that Maura was upset over a phone call that thursday night. She wasn't on a phone at the time her supervisor checked in on her. But when the supervisor asked her what was wrong, Maura is alleged to have said "My Sister" as a response (Whether Maura really meant something was wrong with a sister or she was just trying to blow off the supervisor and didn't really feel like explaining what the true nature of her being upset was all about).

  6. #591
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Where I hang my hat.
    Posts
    10,560
    Quote Originally Posted by minazoe View Post
    no McSpy, no one knows what this upsetting call was about , or why she abruptly left school...but I find that her sisters unwillingness to reveal anything about it as suspicious.

    Sometimes people would rather think of someone as missing, rather then face facts and possibly be a part of the reason someone is possibly dead in the first place.
    Maura left school supposedly for only a week. She had emailed her professors that there was a death in the family and that she would be gone for a week---not forever. Also, I believe her sister had said what the conversation was about, so why do you think her actions are suspicious? Nothing looks suspicious to me about Maura's sisters.

  7. #592
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Where I hang my hat.
    Posts
    10,560
    Quote Originally Posted by minazoe View Post
    so then why not disclose the conversation and what it was about?

    Maura may have not known that stuffing a rag in the tail pipe would not kill her.

    why was she there in the first place?

    If her own family won't talk or tell the truth it bespeaks denial to me.

    they are the cause but want to continue to believe they are not the cause by denying and withholding actual facts...they want to maintain a fragile reality where it all has nothing to do with anything they could have done.

    they don't want their reputations ruined, image destroyed.

    denial.

    the girl hated them and killed herself...I am sure she was having some big problems she was not getting any help with from a family that only cares what others think.

    what would be so secret that her own sister refuses to disclose it?

    no no...I think I'm right here.
    Minazoe, the sister did say what the subject was in their phone conversation.

  8. #593
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    3,661
    it is my understanding that the upsetting call was never revealed. I think that Maura said there was a death in the family is very telling.

  9. #594
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Where I hang my hat.
    Posts
    10,560
    Quote Originally Posted by minazoe View Post
    it is my understanding that the upsetting call was never revealed. I think that Maura said there was a death in the family is very telling.
    BBM

    It is not very telling to me. She wanted to get out of the strict nursing program for a week and had to figure out a good excuse without getting any penalties (kicked out of the program) to tell them that she would be absent. What other excuse could she have used? Sickness or death in the family works. They wouldn't question that.

    Just my opinion.

  10. #595
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    42
    To those who believe Maura was contemplating suicide, how do you think she was going to do it? Tylenol PM and booze? Can a person really OD on Tylenol PM?


  11. #596
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    953
    Quote Originally Posted by rosierider View Post
    To those who believe Maura was contemplating suicide, how do you think she was going to do it? Tylenol PM and booze? Can a person really OD on Tylenol PM?
    I would say drink herself to death on a trail would be my best bet. She wasn't your typical young 20's female. She loved the mountains and loved to conquer them. She is very comfortable around mountains and if one were to decide to check out and they had the option of doing so in a dorm room somewhere or in a favorite (almost sacred kind of location -to her-) then I think they would choose the latter.

    But again, just my theory. No hard evidence to prove that. But then again no search has ever been done (that i know of for Maura) to some of the mountains and hiking areas in the White Mountains that Maura had just visited months before she went missing. Seems to me that would be just as logical of a place to do a body search as the location her car wrecked at on Rt. 112.

  12. #597
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    3,661
    Quote Originally Posted by scoops View Post
    I would say drink herself to death on a trail would be my best bet. She wasn't your typical young 20's female. She loved the mountains and loved to conquer them. She is very comfortable around mountains and if one were to decide to check out and they had the option of doing so in a dorm room somewhere or in a favorite (almost sacred kind of location -to her-) then I think they would choose the latter.

    But again, just my theory. No hard evidence to prove that. But then again no search has ever been done (that i know of for Maura) to some of the mountains and hiking areas in the White Mountains that Maura had just visited months before she went missing. Seems to me that would be just as logical of a place to do a body search as the location her car wrecked at on Rt. 112.
    she couldn't be very far...they should be out there with the dogs searching.

  13. #598
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Southern
    Posts
    712
    So probably stuffing the rag in the tailpipe would have stalled the car instead of sending carbon monoxide into the vehicle, unless there was a hole or some other sort of entry point into the vehicle. (Thanks for helping me with that; I'm not a mechanically inclined person so my car either runs or it doesn't.) I wonder if Maura thought it would work but it didn't. If she's like me and doesn't understand exactly how the exhaust system works, could she have thought she could kill herself this way?
    I bounce around from one theory to another one on this because all the details don't come together in a way that makes sense. It's like something is there that doesn't fit, or else there's something we don't know about that would make the whole scene come together clearly. I still think there is something the family wants to keep private about the days leading up to Maura's disappearance. Cause I was thinking that if a family member of mine went missing I'd be telling everyone who knew them to cooperate fully with LE, down to the very last detail of everything they could remember about those days, because you never know what might be the key to the whole thing. If her dad really doesn't know how or why she disappeared, how can he be certain that the other events have nothing to do with it? Unless he really believes she was randomly abducted and that her personal problems didn't contribute to a thing like that. I mean, if she was just in the wrong place at the wrong time, all the events leading up to the disappearance really would have nothing to do with it, other than the fact that she would not have been on that stretch of road to begin with.

  14. #599
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Where I hang my hat.
    Posts
    10,560
    Quote Originally Posted by dogperson View Post
    So probably stuffing the rag in the tailpipe would have stalled the car instead of sending carbon monoxide into the vehicle, unless there was a hole or some other sort of entry point into the vehicle. (Thanks for helping me with that; I'm not a mechanically inclined person so my car either runs or it doesn't.) I wonder if Maura thought it would work but it didn't. If she's like me and doesn't understand exactly how the exhaust system works, could she have thought she could kill herself this way?
    I bounce around from one theory to another one on this because all the details don't come together in a way that makes sense. It's like something is there that doesn't fit, or else there's something we don't know about that would make the whole scene come together clearly. I still think there is something the family wants to keep private about the days leading up to Maura's disappearance. Cause I was thinking that if a family member of mine went missing I'd be telling everyone who knew them to cooperate fully with LE, down to the very last detail of everything they could remember about those days, because you never know what might be the key to the whole thing. If her dad really doesn't know how or why she disappeared, how can he be certain that the other events have nothing to do with it? Unless he really believes she was randomly abducted and that her personal problems didn't contribute to a thing like that. I mean, if she was just in the wrong place at the wrong time, all the events leading up to the disappearance really would have nothing to do with it, other than the fact that she would not have been on that stretch of road to begin with.
    Sometimes dads are clueless, but I think he believes what happened to her happened after the NH accident. I think he recognizes that she was upset. I'll try to find a link on this, if it is still out there.

  15. #600
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Where I hang my hat.
    Posts
    10,560
    Quote Originally Posted by scoops View Post
    I would say drink herself to death on a trail would be my best bet. She wasn't your typical young 20's female. She loved the mountains and loved to conquer them. She is very comfortable around mountains and if one were to decide to check out and they had the option of doing so in a dorm room somewhere or in a favorite (almost sacred kind of location -to her-) then I think they would choose the latter.

    But again, just my theory. No hard evidence to prove that. But then again no search has ever been done (that i know of for Maura) to some of the mountains and hiking areas in the White Mountains that Maura had just visited months before she went missing. Seems to me that would be just as logical of a place to do a body search as the location her car wrecked at on Rt. 112.
    I don't think she commited suicide, but like you, I don't know for sure. After 7 years of hikers on the trails in NH, I doubt she is on a trail somewhere. She has to be off trail, even if it is only a few yards. I do think it is a good idea to check it out though. However, it would be a daunting task.

Page 40 of 82 FirstFirst ... 30 38 39 40 41 42 50 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. NH NH - Maura Murray, 21, Haverhill, 9 Feb 2004 - #11
    By SheWhoMustNotBeNamed in forum 2000's Missing
    Replies: 1144
    Last Post: 01-09-2015, 05:57 PM
  2. NH NH - Maura Murray, 21, Haverhill, 9 Feb 2004 - # 7
    By Cubby in forum 2000's Missing
    Replies: 861
    Last Post: 08-02-2011, 08:34 PM
  3. NH NH - Maura Murray, 21, Haverhill, 9 Feb 2004 - # 6
    By Peabody in forum 2000's Missing
    Replies: 541
    Last Post: 01-14-2011, 12:53 PM
  4. NH NH - Maura Murray, 21, Haverhill, 9 Feb 2004 - # 5
    By Timex in forum 2000's Missing
    Replies: 1043
    Last Post: 04-28-2010, 12:17 AM
  5. NH NH - Maura Murray, 21, Haverhill, 9 Feb 2004 - # 3
    By CW in forum 2000's Missing
    Replies: 448
    Last Post: 03-16-2006, 04:35 PM

Tags for this Thread