Page 22 of 62 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 32 ... LastLast
    Probation in jail? Somebody should notify tommy croslin..

2. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Whisperer For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by askfornina View Post
    yes. it is also double jeopardy. no one can be made the serve the same sentence twice.
    I haven't even seen her serve it once yet...

4. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Whisperer For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by rhornsby View Post
    I predict the State will not oppose the Defense motion to dismiss the VOP for lack of jurisdiction and double jeopardy. That Judge Perry will simply shrug and say if State doesn't have a problem with it, I don't. And she will once again get off as if she did nothing.
    Concur completely.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to JBean For This Useful Post:

rosepetal1065 is offline Ive got splinters..in the windmills of my mind......
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Black Dress View Post
    Bolding mine.

Agreed. Just heard the same from another FL lawyer. So it seems that what this all boils down to is a clerical error on the part of the Clerk of Court. Hard to believe that something of such monumental impact can be chalked up to 'clerical error'. Seems there should be some 'check' in place to keep this kind of thing from happening. Apparently not.

Wow. Just wow.
    Imo
    If that's the case, then it should be noted as such, an error and things should be adjusted accordingly. I won't hold my breath though...it's so disappointing.
    Providing domestic support and love to LE for 18.5 yrs and counting..

8. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to rosepetal1065 For This Useful Post:

Richard H and JBean....I was hoping for an optimistic outcome from you two.

10. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Whisperer For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Whisperer View Post
    I haven't even seen her serve it once yet...
    check out post number 200 in this thread for a more detailed explanation snipped from the ask a lawyer thread

12. The Following User Says Thank You to askfornina For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Whisperer View Post
    Richard H and JBean....I was hoping for an optimistic outcome from you two.
    OK here ya go. Due to all the scrutiny, DOC will review time served and find another error decreasing her time served credit by 365 days. The probation issue will take a back burner and she will be remanded to the county jail for a period NTX one year and will not be eligible for good time/work time.
    How's that?

14. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to JBean For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by JBean View Post
    OK here ya go. Due to all the scrutiny, DOC will review time served and find another error decreasing her time served credit by 365 days. The probation issue will take a back burner and she will be remanded to the county jail for a period NTX one year and will not be eligible for good time/work time.
    How's that?
    Ha! Works for me! Do you have 'connections'?

16. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Little Black Dress For This Useful Post:

How's that?
    Now that's more like it. I knew you could do it.

18. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Whisperer For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by SilkySifaka View Post
    IIRC if you are in solitary you get 2 days for every 1 day served in the calculations. ZThat was from during the sentencing, no idea how to find the quote tho
    She wasn't in solitary though. She was in protective custody. Is that the same thing?

eta: oops I see rotterdam beat me to it
    Last edited by Ada; 08-03-2011 at 10:14 PM. Reason: Oops

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ada For This Useful Post:

How's that?

I have a good bottle of champagne, I was saving it for a special occasion.That sounds like it.

22. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to ZsaZsa For This Useful Post:

If Judge Perry does not set Casey free on Friday, I can see this happening. JB screaming prejudicial conduct towards his client by Judge Perry. And demanding a new Judge.
    Frederick The Great - “If my soldiers were to begin to think, not one would remain in the ranks”

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Schu7 For This Useful Post:

Not only does she benefit from loopholes, lies and having her father being a pedophile, she benefits from juries, the media and clerks with bad hearing. She really does have the luck of the Irish and she also found a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow media.

Seeing her, mason, baez, simms, fennel, her family or anyone else basking in the light of victory and the search for more money on the deathbed of Caylee makes me squirm. It likens my feelings to the FDLS case. This is oh so wrong. I am disappointed in this country.

Quote Originally Posted by grandmaj View Post
    The judge through case law, not the probation department decides whether the probation order was carried out.

Right now they are in a position of determining if she served her probation. The lawyers all over the net disagree on this. Only Judge Perry will be the one to decide. The probation as it is described is an administrative probation which was not what was ordered by the court.

Now, I have already said because of the time delay, this order may not fly. But a thorough and full investigation of how time was calculated certainly is within the 60 day time limit and Casey may just wish that Mason let her go on probation for a year. Any calculation of the days for purposes of Judge Perry's Order can be amended. And worst case Casey could be back behind bars.
    Don't you mean BEST case scenario?

27. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to krt For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by krkrjx View Post
    Right.

The 412 days for the fraud convictions, the one year probation, and the 1,460 days for the lying convictions were all taken care if in less than 1,100 days.

(I think Casey's total was 1,007 days in jail but I am not sure the exact number.)

She was arrested, out on bail, re-arrested, and then the convictions, probation, etc. enter in. I can see how a calculation error was made and how things got confusing/overlooked. What I cannot see is just letting it go!
    So bottom line ,around 595 days is equal to a sentence of 1,460 days according to the DOC calculations. Just wow, and wow again.

Or in other words, KC , except for court fee/fines, got zilch for her check fraud conviction.

29. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to rotterdam For This Useful Post:

Page 22 of 62 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 32 ... LastLast