1335 users online (326 members and 1009 guests)  


The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News


Page 1 of 96 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 1434
  1. #1

    SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 - #15



    http://helpfindbrittaneedrexel.com/

    If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:
    Myrtle Beach Police Department
    (843) 918-1963
    or CUE Center For Missing Persons 24 Hour Tip Line 910-232-1687

    NCMEC Poster - http://www.missingkids.com/missingki...archLang=en_US


    Previous Threads:
    Thread #1

    Thread #2

    Thread #3

    Thread #4

    Thread #5

    Thread #6

    Thread #7

    Thread #8

    Thread #9

    Thread #10

    Thread #11

    Thread #12

    Thread #13

    Thread #14



    Please continue here.
    Last edited by KateB; 04-03-2015 at 07:15 PM. Reason: repair url tags.

  2. #2
    New information on missing Chili teen Brittanee Drexel

    There is new information coming out on missing Chili teenager Brittanee Drexel.

    Today, an article in Charleston’s Post and Courier talks about the man police consider a person of interest. He's reportedly a sex offender who was convicted of raping a child in California in 1983. The article says the man, who is not named, got out of prison in 2004.

    More: http://www.whec.com/news/stories/S2226052.shtml?cat=566


    Drexel Case: Police search apartment of "person of interest"

    The search for a missing New York teenager moved further south this week after state investigators and others from the Myrtle Beach Police Department combed a local apartment complex looking for clues.

    Yellow crime scene tape surrounded apartment 22 in the Sunset Lodge apartments in Georgetown County as the search continued throughout the day Monday for missing teenager Brittanee Drexel.

    More: http://www.gtowntimes.com/local/Drex...08-03T03-17-24

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Here, There, & Everywhere
    Posts
    254
    Thanks for the new thread and the above links She. Our local WHEC newscast lead tonight with Britt as breaking news so I was hoping but it was the pretty much the same as they showed at 6 this morning so I dont know why they did that! They did show the inside of the room though and said they took the refrig and a piece of wallpaper. I do find it interesting that the police have been careful to say he is not a POI and even more important that there is no arrest imminent. Seems kinda odd IMHO. I'm thinking it may be more about who he had contact with and who he knows and who else was there rather than just him. IDK it just seems strange that this search was scheduled and that no arrests are planned.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    851
    http://www.wmbfnews.com/story/151960...rch-for-drexel

    Shows photos from inside the room after police search.

    Does the Luminol 'enhance' with the presence of blood? I see lots of blue on those pictures, some areas more concentrated/darker than others, like the curtains for example, but not sure what to make of it. ETA: Nevermind, I guess if it would have glowed they would have taken the curtains - my duh moment for the day.

    And that's a lot of wallpaper removed from the bathroom, especially behind the sink area.
    Last edited by SeaNymph; 08-03-2011 at 06:57 PM.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Charleston, SC
    Posts
    330
    Saying Hello to all in new thread (And it now shows up on my "subscribed threads")

    What a filthy looking place to live ...

    It is probably going to take some time to process all of the gathered evidence.. Unfortunately this isn't CSI where we can get the results back within the hour... I'm guessing mitochondrial or PCR DNA analysis is going to be the method used, and that takes quite some time to get results...

    I sure hope they find something...
    Fingers X'ed

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    the currently soggy northeast
    Posts
    149
    OT a little but i just realized something coincidental....
    I have followed the cases of:

    1. Jodi Huisentruit
    2. Lauren Giddings
    3. Lauren Spierer
    4. Holly Bobo
    5. Brittanee Drexel

    It seems all 5 of them have some serious movements/developments happening now...

    I wonder if there is something cosmically to explain that? (i SOO miss the forensic astrology forum)


    ETA. I forgot Maura Murray...there is alot of stirring going on there too...
    Last edited by goodgirl65; 08-04-2011 at 02:32 PM.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    in the moment
    Posts
    6,541
    Quote Originally Posted by goodgirl65 View Post
    OT a little but i just realized something coincidental....
    I have followed the cases of:

    1. Jodi Huisentruit
    2. Lauren Giddings
    3. Lauren Spierer
    4. Holly Bobo
    5. Brittanee Drexel

    It seems all 5 of them have some serious movements/developments happening now...

    I wonder if there is something cosmically to explain that? (i SOO miss the forensic astrology forum)
    goodgirl, I miss the FA forum too

    The cases you mentioned are developing as we speak. I wish I knew where else to go to find the astrological aspect. IMO, the WS astros were very gifted at casting accurate charts in missing persons cases. I plan to go back and re-read Britt's astro thread.

    I am pleased to hear of the latest developments in Britt's case. Hopefully, there will be a resolution by the end of the year...I know these things take time:/

    MOO

    wm
    ...and be sure your sin will find you out.

    Numbers,32:23

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Rochester, New York
    Posts
    30,573
    Quote Originally Posted by RocNYchick View Post
    Thanks for the new thread and the above links She. Our local WHEC newscast lead tonight with Britt as breaking news so I was hoping but it was the pretty much the same as they showed at 6 this morning so I dont know why they did that! They did show the inside of the room though and said they took the refrig and a piece of wallpaper. I do find it interesting that the police have been careful to say he is not a POI and even more important that there is no arrest imminent. Seems kinda odd IMHO. I'm thinking it may be more about who he had contact with and who he knows and who else was there rather than just him. IDK it just seems strange that this search was scheduled and that no arrests are planned.
    This board is usually light years ahead of the media. NG will bring up things for the first time that this board has known about for a few days or even sometimes months. The sleuthers on this board know what they're doing.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    in the moment
    Posts
    6,541
    Quote Originally Posted by mlatta View Post
    Saying Hello to all in new thread (And it now shows up on my "subscribed threads")

    What a filthy looking place to live ...

    It is probably going to take some time to process all of the gathered evidence.. Unfortunately this isn't CSI where we can get the results back within the hour... I'm guessing mitochondrial or PCR DNA analysis is going to be the method used, and that takes quite some time to get results...

    I sure hope they find something...
    Fingers X'ed
    mlatta, It is indeed a seedy looking joint. While growing up in Alabama, this place would have been referred to as a 'hole in the wall'! Really, I lived in some dives back in the college days but this place seems so........sad. (that's the only descriptive word I can think of at the moment)

    I have my fingers crossed too!

    Hang in there Brittanee! xoxo

    wm
    ...and be sure your sin will find you out.

    Numbers,32:23

  10. #10
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    4,987

    Not calling him a POI or Suspect

    Quote Originally Posted by SheWhoMustNotBeNamed View Post
    New information on missing Chili teen Brittanee Drexel

    There is new information coming out on missing Chili teenager Brittanee Drexel.

    Today, an article in Charleston’s Post and Courier talks about the man police consider a person of interest. He's reportedly a sex offender who was convicted of raping a child in California in 1983. The article says the man, who is not named, got out of prison in 2004.

    More: http://www.whec.com/news/stories/S2226052.shtml?cat=566


    Drexel Case: Police search apartment of "person of interest"

    The search for a missing New York teenager moved further south this week after state investigators and others from the Myrtle Beach Police Department combed a local apartment complex looking for clues.

    Yellow crime scene tape surrounded apartment 22 in the Sunset Lodge apartments in Georgetown County as the search continued throughout the day Monday for missing teenager Brittanee Drexel.

    More: http://www.gtowntimes.com/local/Drex...08-03T03-17-24
    I loved this part of the article
    Police are not calling Moody a suspect or even a “person of interest”. As you may recall, Brittanee disappeared from Myrtle Beach two years ago on Spring Break. Police have told us the last signal from her cell phone came from Georgetown County, where the Sunset Lodge is located.
    Just because you don't call your DOG a Dog and don't call it a canine doesn't mean its not a dog and its still a canine.
    A parole review date is set for July 21, 2012 for Fred Howard Coffey.

    Coffey was convicted of the murder of 10 yr old Amanda Marie Ray, NC. He admitted to molesting 300 children.

    Please write a letter on behalf of Amanda.

    Suspect in the murders of:
    5 yr old Neely Smith, NC
    14 yr old Kathy Lynn Beatty, MD
    8 yr old Travis Shane King, VA

    Possibly connected to the disappearances of:
    14 Yr old Tracy Anne King, PA
    11 yr old Sheila and 13 yr old Katherine Lyons, MD
    15 yr old Carolyn Majane, NJ



    Write to:
    Chairman Charles L. Mann Sr.
    NC Post Release Supervision & Parole Commission
    P.O. Box 29540
    Raleigh, NC 27626-0540
    RE: Fred Howard Coffey, DOC# 0081135
    or send an email to parole@doc.state.nc.us
    http://justice4amanda.tripod.com/


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Rochester, New York
    Posts
    30,573
    Quote Originally Posted by JeannieC View Post
    I loved this part of the article

    Just because you don't call your DOG a Dog and don't call it a canine doesn't mean its not a dog and its still a canine.
    Just more BS the police have to do in order to avoid defense attorneys accusing them of honing in on one suspect.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    851
    This has been bugging me all day and I almost posted it earlier and said to myself "nah, they'll think I'm still", but its getting the best of me so here I go. again.

    Not trying to be too critical of LE here, I promise. I have praised SLED many many times through the years. I believe every local PD has its own 'personality' and I also said early on that MBPD was trying to downplay this....in the media, thats fine (not fine, but how it works in tourist areas, I get it), but seriously? Behind the scenes was someone not scouring RSO in the area, MB and Georgetown once they knew (very quickly, IIRC) her phone made a 'beeline' in that direction? Ok, so here's where I technically - if those attempts the weeks prior to Britt disappearing have nagged me for two years, shouldnt it have nagged someone in LE tasked with checking out RSO and following up on THAT incident...I guess what I am saying is how could LE not have seen a possible connection there and while hopefully scouring the RSO database for Horry/Georgetown/Charleston Counties, NOT have had this guy ping their radar, since you know it seems apparent he has been registered in G'town since 2004, and NOT have said "gee, that guy looks a little like our composite from Captain's Quarters/Hotel Blue attacks"....and maybe "oh, look, he lives very close to Brittanee Drexel's last cell ping."

    I mean, this isnt a guy who made a dumb 18 year old mistake by having consensual sex with his 16 year old girlfriend that landed him on RSO. That is one baaaaaad man.

    Maybe its just me, and if so, I apologize.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    36,892
    I apologize but I can't recall-did police take her disappearance seriously from the very first day, or was there the usual "runaway" routine?
    Just my opinion, of course.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Chicago Suburbs
    Posts
    431
    I just checked in and it looks like some new developments are happening. Good to hear. So this guy used to live in the Sunset lodge. Is this in the area that her phone pings were tracked to? What led them to this guy after all this time? Please let some answers come out of this lead.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Chicago Suburbs
    Posts
    431
    Quote Originally Posted by cluciano63 View Post
    I apologize but I can't recall-did police take her disappearance seriously from the very first day, or was there the usual "runaway" routine?
    I don't think LE ever really considered her to be a runaway because she left all her belongings in the hotel room. I think LE always considered her to be a victim of foul play. I think they just didn't have much to go on considering there was no crime scene or concrete suspects.

Page 1 of 96 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. SC SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 - #19
    By KayElJay in forum 2000's Missing
    Replies: 221
    Last Post: Today, 12:12 PM
  2. Replies: 617
    Last Post: 10-02-2010, 12:51 PM
  3. SC SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 - #6
    By christine2448 in forum 2000's Missing
    Replies: 920
    Last Post: 10-28-2009, 08:43 PM
  4. SC SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 - #4
    By hoppyfrog in forum 2000's Missing
    Replies: 856
    Last Post: 05-26-2009, 09:43 PM
  5. SC SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 - #3
    By hoppyfrog in forum 2000's Missing
    Replies: 437
    Last Post: 05-12-2009, 05:27 PM

Tags for this Thread