Page 3 of 58 FirstFirst 1234567891011121353 ... LastLast

Thread: SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 - #15

Quote Originally Posted by SeaNymph View Post
    BringBrittHome, I'm linking a post I made in the last thread that also includes a Google street view. If you were facing the Blue Water, it is the immediate left side of the hotel, direction she would have been walking, that shows some bushes, alleyway of sorts and the adjacent public parking lot. It's just my opinion but it's where I strongly feel would be the most likely place of abduction along the route back to Bar Harbour, but again, there are many sketchy looking spots along the route.

All of the hotels in question are oceanfront properties including Bar Harbour. We know from the camera that picked her up going, she walked that oceanfront sidewalk side of the boulevard going and I dont think she would have crossed it heading back to walk on the opposite side. You are correct, the camera that picked her up going to Blue Water at 11th Ave South did not record her coming back.

waltzingmatilda, all your questions about the next day, this guy heading back to MB, have crossed my mind too.

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - SC SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 - #14
    Do we actually know that the POI was in MB the day Brittanee vanished? You state "this guy heading back to MB" but do we have proof he was there in the first place? I am not trying to be flip, I am just wanting to establish exactly the facts so we can make the best possible theories/timelines. I want this poor girl to be found and I think this type of idea generating forum can be really helpful to LE.

Also, do we know how long of a drive it is from downtown MB to this motel they searched?

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to VirginiaDoll For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by VirginiaDoll View Post
    Do we actually know that the POI was in MB the day Brittanee vanished? You state "this guy heading back to MB" but do we have proof he was there in the first place? I am not trying to be flip, I am just wanting to establish exactly the facts so we can make the best possible theories/timelines. I want this poor girl to be found and I think this type of idea generating forum can be really helpful to LE.

Also, do we know how long of a drive it is from downtown MB to this motel they searched?

No, VirginiaDoll, my use of the word "back" is my speech pattern/figure of speech and admittedly, a healthy dose of suspicious assumption thrown in there.

I personally think he may have been working in MB. He is a welder. Lots of construction, heavy duty resort building type construction going on all the time and from what I understand there were even a couple of resorts being built between the area of Bar Harbour and Blue Water at the time. Again, just my process of deduction going on. I'm not sure if you are familiar with the suspect at Captain's Quarters and Hotel Blue attempts but I have shared my theory on that here before. They are sister resorts meaning they share the same amenities, pools, gamerooms, etc, and often maintenance staff, etc. I always had a feeling whoever attempted the assaults at those places HAD to know and be familiar with the properties enough to feel safe to attempt these attacks in the hallways, obviously knowing no security cameras were in place to be concerned with. JMO.

ETA: I think at the time of those attempts every current resort employee would have been checked out thoroughly and compared to the composite. I think it is just possible he could have worked there in the past, building construction or maintenance, and knew it to be without security cameras. This guy had been out of prison for 5 years before Brittanee disappeared and registered as living in G'town since 2004, I am almost certain. But just to be clear, that it was a former employee or someone very familiar with those resort properties is what I think about "the person who attempted the assaults at HB and CQ" whether that be this man or someone else. Just saying with his work experience that we now know includes welding, it doesnt make me count him out.

It is 37 miles straight down Hwy 17 from Blue Water to this guys residence at the time, with Google showing 55 minutes travel time. The guys residence is about 9 miles north of North Santee area/Pole Yard Way (landing), where the first pings seemed to center and the first searches were launched, IIRC. I am unsure myself though whether at his residence, the same cell tower may have picked up her cell pings as would have if the phone itself were actually closer to the river.
    Last edited by SeaNymph; 08-09-2011 at 03:22 PM.

4. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to SeaNymph For This Useful Post:

I haven't checked in to Britt's threads in a while I am so happy to see things starting to move though. I really hope Britt's family gets some answers soon.

6. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to January. For This Useful Post:

This waiting to hear whether LE found anything to connect this room and this guy to Britt is making me antsy...I can only imagine what her family is feeling about this...

Bumping for Britt and hoping answers will come soon!
    Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

Love never fails.

I have decided to stick with love. Hate is too great a burden to bear.
    Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

8. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to MBLover For This Useful Post:

http://www.gtowntimes.com/local/Drex...ng-room-search

^Not much we didnt already know there, but I thought this was interesting:

Moody, however, hung up the phone before talking about the search and said that was his “only reaction” to the recent events surrounding the Drexel investigation.
    Not sure how to take it but figuring maybe the reporter asked for his 'reaction' and maybe he said something along the lines of 'this is my only reaction' and hung up....? Is that how others would interpret it?

Anywhoooo, we wait.

10. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to SeaNymph For This Useful Post:

new piece on BD case from Georgetown times news

PSS the POI is a welder in Georgetown he does not work in MB
    :Banane37

12. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to RoseC For This Useful Post:

Hey Rose, I know the RSO site also lists work addresses and saw a current one in Georgetown but is there any way to tell how long he has been at that work address? Wonder if he's worked there the entire time since 2004 - or more specifically, where was he working in April 2009? Would love to find all that out. Wish that RSO site had a running list of past residential/work addresses listed chronologically.

As a RSO, its not like probation/parole where they may be confined to a certain county/state, is it? They are still free to travel day to day as long as the residence they list is officially their permanent address - is that right?
    Last edited by SeaNymph; 08-10-2011 at 10:49 AM.

14. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to SeaNymph For This Useful Post:

That's what it sounds like, SeaNymph! I feel sure that 'Mr. Clean' knows enough not to say anything due to his prior criminal activity.

I found this part interesting......

~snipped from above link in SN's post~

Meanwhile, the Georgetown Times has requested more information about a list of items that were being sought at the apartment and what exactly was found during several hours of searching for clues on Aug. 1.

Evidence taken last week from Apartment 22 has been sent away for testing, according to the Myrtle Beach police.

Myrtle Beach Police Capt. David Knipes declined to say where the evidence was being tested or how long it would take to receive any results.

I'll bet GT won't get any list at this time since it is an open investigation but at least we know that the items are being tested. LE must feel this man is possibly involved by them going to such great lengths to gather evidence form apt 22 and send it for testing. That's MOO tho.

In regards to Brittanee being 'too old' for this RSO, (which some have suggested) I respectfully disagree. Brittanee is a very small young lady, 5', 100 lbs (approx). I am about the same size as she is (but 5 lbs heavier and 30 years older, lol!). I taught 5th grade for several years and most of my 10-11 year old girls were taller than me as a girls' growth spurt into puberty begins around that age. IMO, is is very possible that the 14 year old girl he attacked was at least as big as and maybe even taller, etc. as Brittanee. This RSO is not a BIG man by any means. Maybe just maybe, he seeks out young girls/small girls as his prey because they would be easier to overpower. Just my opinion, here!

wm
    Last edited by waltzingmatilda; 08-10-2011 at 11:01 AM. Reason: clarify
    ...and be sure your sin will find you out.

Numbers,32:23

16. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to waltzingmatilda For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by RoseC View Post
    new piece on BD case from Georgetown times news

PSS the POI is a welder in Georgetown he does not work in MB
    Thanks Rose, Soooo....IF he abducted Brittanee, he would have driven to MB after working hours to lurk around.

Hmmm...do we know what time of day the 2 previous abductions occured at the nearby hotels? I need to go back and check the dates if they are listed.

Brittanee was abducted on a SAT. Apr 25, 2009 (during a dark new moon night), so most likely he wouldn't have been working that day....or at the very least worked a half day. And let's not forget that he moved into #22 the day before Britt was abducted. Could this have been a reason for celebration in his unusual mind? Where did he live before moving into #22 4-24-2009? Where was he living during the interim from when he was released from prison in CA in 2004 (for kidnapping, rape and other unfathomable crimes on underage girls) til he rented #22. These are just some questions that are running thru my mind.

He then receives a speeding ticket in Surfside Beach the after Brittanee disappeared, Sunday the 26th. Was the direction he was headed on 17 noted on that citation? I'll have to go back and check.

I do wonder if he was lurking around the hotels in the area during his time off. The composite sketch and his mug shot are so similar!

I know this is like trying to put this all together. I appreciate eveyones patience while I ramble on with questions

wm

ETA...One more thing and then I'll get off my soapbox, lol! I am a firm believer that violent RSOs cannot be rehabilitated. They are the same as serial killers, in my book. Eventually, their sick compulsion will rear it's ugly head once again. They seem to move around alot and are difficult to track. College towns, tourist towns, are a haven for these types of predators. Especially if they are on a recon mission, lurking about and staking out a young lady who he has noticed walking alone. (which we know that Britt was feeling estranged from the other girls she roomed with) MOO and rant over!!! wm
    Last edited by waltzingmatilda; 08-10-2011 at 12:18 PM. Reason: ETA

18. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to waltzingmatilda For This Useful Post:

All makes for the good argument that ALL RSO's should be required to wear monitoring devices for life, with all GPS data downloaded weekly/monthly, etc., and placed on file indefinitely.

20. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to SeaNymph For This Useful Post:

Something else I found interesting on the latest article is that this POI has lived at this Sunset Lodge several times but LE just wanted to search room 22.

“He’s lived here three or four times,” said a man who identified himself as the apartment complex property owner. “The police just told me they wanted to look in that room.”

http://api.viglink.com/api/click?for...13129942889681

22. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to lonetraveler For This Useful Post:

All makes for the good argument that ALL RSO's should be required to wear monitoring devices for life, with all GPS data downloaded weekly/monthly, etc., and placed on file indefinitely.
    Actually I like the idea of using implants where the RSO can't decide one day to cut it off and take off like they could do with a monitor.

24. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to lonetraveler For This Useful Post:

Thanks for answering those questions Sea Nymph!

I was wondering about distance, because I remember from early on that Brit's cell phone pinged near Georgetwon about 40 or 45 minutes after she was last seen leaving the Blue Water hotel.

37 miles and 55 minutes from Google makes sense for it to ping 45 min later, if she was in fact headed to this motel.

Does anyone have the cell phone ping info? Were they able to track its movements down the road, or did it just ping randomly as it moved to new towers?

26. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to VirginiaDoll For This Useful Post:

VirginiaDoll, there was only one other ping referenced in the early news articles aside from the "North Santee area" and that was in Surfside and from what I understand the time of it coincided almost perfectly from her last known text sent to her boyfriend to the approximate time it would take to get from that area of 20th Ave South into the area of Surfside. Next pings we have been made aware of are in the river area.

I am by far not knowledgable about the towers and pings and triangulation, etc. I have seen it mentioned here that perhaps the Surfside tower only picked her phone up because there was a text incoming at that point, and I have taken that into consideration wondering why no other towers between Surfside and north of Georgetown/into Georgetown city limits got a ping. I previously always thought a phone was constantly 'pinging' to locate a tower within range but again, this is an area that is over my head.

IIRC, mlatta did some work on the cell towers in the area and may have more specific information regarding them. I don't know if it was pinpointed 'the' tower that picked up her signals that night but I do remember seeing maps of towers in the area and think maybe mlatta thinks he found 'the one'. If I can find them before anyone else can I will post them here - I know mlatta took some individual photos but I think I remember seeing an actual map with towers noted. I am more interested than ever now to see exact tower locations and exactly how many are close to both the river area and the lodge.

There is something else I want to add in regard to the pings and their timing but it will require me researching a few posts, but if I don't edit this one I will post it in a new post a little later tonight. It is some timeline info that was garnered from the times of the last texts to her, known texts by Brittanee, camera documentation and cell phone pings that led LE to believe she did not go very far at all once she exited BWR.

28. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to SeaNymph For This Useful Post:

New billboard going up in MB near hotel.

http://www.democratandchronicle.com/...news|text|Home

30. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to RocNYchick For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by RocNYchick View Post
    New billboard going up in MB near hotel.

http://www.democratandchronicle.com/...news|text|Home
    AWESOME!!!! You never know, this just may trigger a memory of someone who was in the area at the time of Britt's disappearance.

Dangit!!! I am in tears!! Brittanee's family has been so courageous throughout this nightmare. Her Dad designed the new billboard and the family will be in MB on Friday for the unveiling...

I am sending great big (((hugs))) out to Brittanee and her family.

Let's all try to remember to take some time out on Friday to remember Britt in our own special way. Whether it is thru prayer, blowing bubbles, writing Britanee's name in the air with sparklers, throwing a message in a bottle out to sea, or just simply lighting a candle, I plan to do something special for Brittanee Drexel and her family for this occasion.

wm

BTW, We are one day closer to bringing Brittanee home. Let's keep the faith
    Last edited by waltzingmatilda; 08-10-2011 at 06:50 PM. Reason: BTW

32. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to waltzingmatilda For This Useful Post:

Sorry if this question has been answered before, but what led LE to this POI after all this time? I mean two years is a long time IMO. Not saying they aren't doing a great job on this case because I feel they are. This motel room is the exact one this guy was staying in when BD went missing, right? I heard he lived in this motel several times off and on. I just hope this is the break in the case. I guess the other persons of interest are off the radar from last year. It seems like this area south of MB in GT county wouldn't have that many persons who would be involved in this type of crime, but maybe I am way off base.

34. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Soul125 For This Useful Post:

Room 22

Quote Originally Posted by lonetraveler View Post
    Something else I found interesting on the latest article is that this POI has lived at this Sunset Lodge several times but LE just wanted to search room 22.

“He’s lived here three or four times,” said a man who identified himself as the apartment complex property owner. “The police just told me they wanted to look in that room.”

http://api.viglink.com/api/click?for...13129942889681
    Would LE be able to get a search warrant for rooms he previously lived in? Wouldn't that be a stretch?
    A parole review date is set for July 21, 2012 for Fred Howard Coffey.

Coffey was convicted of the murder of 10 yr old Amanda Marie Ray, NC. He admitted to molesting 300 children.

Please write a letter on behalf of Amanda.

Suspect in the murders of:
    5 yr old Neely Smith, NC
    14 yr old Kathy Lynn Beatty, MD
    8 yr old Travis Shane King, VA

Possibly connected to the disappearances of:
    14 Yr old Tracy Anne King, PA
    11 yr old Sheila and 13 yr old Katherine Lyons, MD
    15 yr old Carolyn Majane, NJ

Write to:
    Chairman Charles L. Mann Sr.
    NC Post Release Supervision & Parole Commission
    P.O. Box 29540
    Raleigh, NC 27626-0540
    RE: Fred Howard Coffey, DOC# 0081135
    or send an email to parole@doc.state.nc.us
    http://justice4amanda.tripod.com/

36. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to JeannieC For This Useful Post:

http://www.wmbfnews.com/story/152463...-new-billboard

Brittanee Drexel’s mom upset over new billboard

I was waiting for this since who is doing it is KD and CD. Kristen Foundation and KD have caused alot of trouble for DD and CUE

38. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Rochestergirl For This Useful Post:

Billboard

Quote Originally Posted by Rochestergirl View Post

I was waiting for this since who is doing it is KD and CD. Kristen Foundation and KD have caused alot of trouble for DD and CUE
    She said it would confuse people and they wouldn't know who to call then she said they can go to "and named 3 websites". The billboard lists phone numbers. Everyone doesn't go to websites so how could this hurt? imo

The Kristen Foundation is well known, non-profit, and highly trained. KF has worked with Le from all over the country.

Named for Kristen Modafferi a NC State Student who disappeared in San Francisco, Cal in 1997. Kristen was from Charlotte, NC.

Her parents realized there was no one to turn to for assistance or to help financially in cases like these so they started the foundation.

Are Brittanee's parents divorced? It sounded like a turf war to me. Control issue. Sorry, hope no one is offended.

Coffey was convicted of the murder of 10 yr old Amanda Marie Ray, NC. He admitted to molesting 300 children.

5 yr old Neely Smith, NC

Write to:
    P.O. Box 29540
    Raleigh, NC 27626-0540

40. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to JeannieC For This Useful Post:

Ya'll, I am so

I went thru a gazillion posts looking for my references and basically found what I needed, with a bunch of nice single posts to share, took a break and came back and my computer was frozen so I lost all the tabs that had the links on them for me to copy.

So what I was looking for were just the (very) old posts that referenced news articles/videos, most of which are 404 Errors now and found a decent timeline. It was pretty much established through the surveillance cameras at BWR that Brittanee exited there at 8:48 and sent her last text at 8:58. Assuming the camera and cell phone records were in sync that showed approximately how quickly things happened.

One of the best links I could easily find now is our dear waltzingmatilda's synopsis of a TV program that references these times:
    [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5655525&postcount=36"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - SC SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 - #13[/ame]

Another great timeline post referencing the same TV program with some tower info from G'town from tigger....btw, where are you tigger?
    [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5655872&postcount=38"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - SC SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 - #13[/ame]

More good infro from LLLindsay and her recap
    [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5655990&postcount=40"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - SC SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 - #13[/ame]

which includes:
    "Last ping from cell tower #332. Cell phone zone for this tower is 4 miles wide and 5 miles deep".

So, whats my point here? I have no flippin clue at this point. But now I would like to know where cell tower #332 is.

ETA: Ha, atleast I'm not the only one. "Robbie" was looking for it 10 months ago too.

Cell Tower Location Number?
    Is there a way you can search to find the location of a cell tower if you have the number? I am looking for cell tower number #332 in Georgetown County, SC.
    10 months ago
    http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...5111219AAkMWB6
    Last edited by SeaNymph; 08-10-2011 at 09:48 PM.

42. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to SeaNymph For This Useful Post:

Ya'll, I am so

I went thru a gazillion posts looking for my references and basically found what I needed, with a bunch of nice single posts to share, took a break and came back and my computer was frozen so I lost all the tabs that had the links on them for me to copy.

So, whats my point here? I have no flippin clue at this point. But now I would like to know where cell tower #332 is.

ETA: Ha, atleast I'm not the only one. "Robbie" was looking for it 10 months ago too.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...5111219AAkMWB6
    BEEN THERE...........

5 yr old Neely Smith, NC

Write to:
    P.O. Box 29540
    Raleigh, NC 27626-0540

44. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to JeannieC For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Rochestergirl View Post

Thanks for the link Rochestergirl! Phew there were some opinionated comments below that article!

wm

46. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to waltzingmatilda For This Useful Post:

SeaNymph, I remember mlatta searching for tower #332 when he was in the GT area. There is a tower located right there at HWY 17 and Pennyroyal Rd. It says it is owned by Sba properties. It may be difficult to find that particlular tower because as it states in the link companies lease tower space. My ex is a radio guy and his company made good money from renting tower space to cell companies, etc.

http://www.cellreception.com/towers/towers.php

thanks for the link....very informative!

wm

48. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to waltzingmatilda For This Useful Post:

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by lizzybeth View Post
    xLiqoricex, just knowing one more person is here for Britt is enough. I don't post much either. Just a bump here or there. Everyone on this thread is awesome and truly cares about her.

Welcome (to posting).

Aaww, lizzybeth- thank you so much! And you're right! I'm glad I know about this case just in case! Ya never know and the more people know the better! I'm glad to be one of the people who do care about Brittanee, . Thanks again!
    My father was recently murdered. Dad, miss you and love you. May your killer be brought to justice.

50. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to xLiqoricex For This Useful Post:

Page 3 of 58 FirstFirst 1234567891011121353 ... LastLast