Still Missing LA - Sylviane Finck Lozada, 51, Baton Rouge, 5 July 2011 *husband arrested 2018*

summer_breeze

Reaction score
http://www.wafb.com/story/15188007/report-husband-of-missing-teacher-bought-buckets-concrete

Posted: Aug 01, 2011 3:59 PM EDT
Updated: Aug 01, 2011 11:39 PM EDT
By Mike Oliver

Husband of missing teacher bought buckets, concrete

15188007_BG1.jpg

Husband of missing teacher bought buckets, concrete

Investigators say the husband of a missing Brusly High School teacher bought several five-gallon buckets and bags of concrete just before she disappeared.

[snip]

Sylviane, 51, last spoke to her family in Belgium around July 5th. Oscar Lozada and the couple's daughter flew to South America on July 9th, and were scheduled to return on the 14th, but have not. Detectives say they haven't been able to contact him for more than a week.

More: http://www.wafb.com/story/15188007/report-husband-of-missing-teacher-bought-buckets-concrete

Deputies locate vehicle connected to missing teacher

The vehicle deputies were looking for in connection with a missing teacher from Baton Rouge has been located.

A resident spotted a yellow Xterra with a license plate matching the one the East Baton Rouge Sheriff's Office was looking for on Sunday morning at a home on Country Drive in Prairieville and called authorities.

More: http://www.wafb.com/story/15137430/deputies-locate-vehicle-connected-to-missing-teacher

Oh no, this doesn't sound good. I'm also concerned for the daughter.....

I hope answers to Sylvianes disappearance are found soon!

December 2010 - Sylviane calls police and says her husband is throwing things during an argument. A few days later, she ends up in the hospital.

Her friend says she had a "plan" to get out of the marriage.

Per JVM.

Detectives: Missing Teacher's Husband Bought Buckets, Concrete Before Leaving Country

[snip]

Finck’s husband Oscar Lozada took their 5-year-old daughter to Venezuela on July 9 and did not return as scheduled on July 14. While detectives were reportedly in contact with Lozada initially, the latest press release states that they have not been able to reach him during the last week.

Evidence discovered in the family’s Baton Rouge home indicates foul play, but the sheriff’s office did not specify what was found. However, detectives did learn that Oscar Lozada purchased several five-gallon buckets with lids and bags of Quickcrete concrete mix on or around July 6. Those items have not been accounted for.

A yellow 2001 Nissan Xterra belonging to Lozada was believed to be missing at first, but it was found on July 24 at the home of a family friend in Ascension Parish. The vehicle was towed and processed for evidence.

More: http://nancygrace.blogs.cnn.com/201...s-concrete-before-leaving-country/?hpt=ng_mid

Oh no, and such a young daughter. I thought perhaps if she was older, a teen or pre-teen she could have tried to reach out and contact other family or LE for help.

TY for the updates SheWho'.

This has been all over my local news. Such a sad situation.

I swear, it looks so bleak with all the info I have read.

I hope her daughter is okay :(

Detectives: Missing Teacher's Husband Bought Buckets, Concrete Before Leaving Country

[snip]

Finck’s husband Oscar Lozada took their 5-year-old daughter to Venezuela on July 9 and did not return as scheduled on July 14. While detectives were reportedly in contact with Lozada initially, the latest press release states that they have not been able to reach him during the last week.

Evidence discovered in the family’s Baton Rouge home indicates foul play, but the sheriff’s office did not specify what was found. However, detectives did learn that Oscar Lozada purchased several five-gallon buckets with lids and bags of Quickcrete concrete mix on or around July 6. Those items have not been accounted for.

A yellow 2001 Nissan Xterra belonging to Lozada was believed to be missing at first, but it was found on July 24 at the home of a family friend in Ascension Parish. The vehicle was towed and processed for evidence.

More: http://nancygrace.blogs.cnn.com/201...s-concrete-before-leaving-country/?hpt=ng_mid

Several five gallon buckets with lids :eek:

OMG, I hope he didn't dismember her and put her in the buckets with concrete

How horrendous. It sounds grave......5 buckets with lids and concrete mix not accounted for, and he's not back yet as expected?

Hmm. Poor woman.:(

www.wbrz.com

"She told me she was filing some papers because her husband was abusive. I'm thinking it could have been something with divorce but she didn't come out and say that," Ratalet said.

He was concerned but not enough to raise any red flags, and they went their separate ways.

News 2 contacted the Justice of the Peace's office where Ratalet spoke with Lozada. They confirmed that she had been there, but wouldn't comment on what she filed or had signed because the information was sealed.

The sheriff's office also acknowledged the information but wouldn't elaborate on its nature because "it's part of an on-going investigation."

Sounds to me like LE just needs to figure out what bridge Oscar Lozada throw his wife's dismembered body off of, after placing her in the five gallon buckets and weighted them with concrete.

Perhaps he had a smart phone with GPS tracking that could lead them to the spot.

I wonder what the extradition laws are in South America?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SashaRhea82
Back