960 users online (245 members and 715 guests)  

Websleuths News

Not Of This World

Jerry Lewis no longer MDA's national chairman

Comedian Jerry Lewis is no longer serving as the Muscular Dystrophy Association's national chairman and won't be appearing on this year's Labor Day telethon, the nonprofit agency announced Wednesday night.Lewis, 85, has been the MDA's national chairman since the early 1950s and has hosted the Labor Day Muscular Dystrophy Association telethon since 1966.

He announced in May that he was retiring as host of the telethon that has become synonymous with his name. But Lewis added that he planned to make his final appearance on this year's Sept. 4, show and planned on continuing to serve as MDA's national chairman.

MDA Chairman of the Board R. Rodney Howell said in a statement that Lewis "will not be appearing on the telethon" and "we will not be replacing him as MDA national chairman."

Very sad. All good things must come to an end, obviously. But it just won't be the same without Jerry and his "kids."

Follow me on the Twitter! @EricDiesel1972

Deuteronomy 18:10-12 (KJV)

10 There shall not be found among you anyone who makes his son or his daughter pass through the fire, or one who practices witchcraft, or a soothsayer, or one who interprets omens, or a sorcerer, 11 or one who conjures spells, or a medium, or a spiritist, or one who calls up the dead. 12 For all who do these things are an abomination to the Lord. (KJV)

Follow me at my Biblical Blog: http://scripture-demystified.blogspot.com

Baruch ha Shem Adonai.

Oh bless. Jerry has done SO much for the MDA, and I hope he will take this time to enjoy the finer things in life. He's been on an incredible journey and brought joy to so many others -- he needs a little time to himself.