GUILTY GA - Lauren Giddings, 27, Macon, 26 June 2011 # 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that if the marks had been noticed previously they would have taken the tub prior to releasing the apartment back to BB. Back when they were taking drains, drain traps, refrigerators and other items.

Looks like they are just discovering the marks. The updated article now reads...

"On Thursday, plumbers were in apartment No. 2, loosening the cast-iron tub and getting it ready for removal after the discovery of marks on it Wednesday." (my emphasis)

http://www.macon.com/2011/08/04/1654978/workers-removing-tub-from-giddings.html

In the Maintenance Room? Wow. Really evil.

The tub is all taped up on the one side, that is a big wow too, omg.

An arrest warrant filed on the murder charge said that police found a hacksaw in a maintenance room at the complex that testing showed contained traces of Giddings’ DNA.

1eRlrb.St.71.jpg

Read more: http://www.macon.com/2011/08/04/1654978/workers-removing-tub-from-giddings.html#ixzz1U60vCfEW

sm looks very scrawny to me, he seems to lack any muscle, so i doubt he could have lifted lauren, since they were about the same height and she was an athlete.
so maybe he subdued her while she was bathing??? it seems like that would have been the only way to get her in the tub. even if she was unconscious or dead. (maybe that adds more weight to the whole MM story, but idk...)

since the murder most likely happened in her apartment, i think it all took place in the bathroom, because when i saw the photos of laurens apartment after csi had been in i didnt see any blood anywhere ...and the only way to get her to the tub would have been in pieces (sorry) which would involve getting blood everywhere.
http://www.macon.com/2011/07/30/1649...ing-ready.html

the whole "Maintenance Person" theory...
well i was wondering what he would come up with. i guess with him being a law student i wouldn't expect any less from him...
i just don't know. i think the way he acted on the video makes him look more guilty that any evidence they have...

does anyone agree? disagree? thoughts?

Looks like they are just discovering the marks. The updated article now reads...

"On Thursday, plumbers were in apartment No. 2, loosening the cast-iron tub and getting it ready for removal after the discovery of marks on it Wednesday." (my emphasis)

http://www.macon.com/2011/08/04/1654978/workers-removing-tub-from-giddings.html

Or I suppose it could be read as just literally subsequently..the tub was removed subsequent to the "discovery" yesterday,true- but not necessarily because of it?

Although I agree- the timing of the removal is clearly pretty suspect.

Or I suppose it could be read as just literally subsequently..the tub was removed subsequent to the "discovery" yesterday,true- but not necessarily because of it?

Although I agree- the timing of the removal is clearly pretty suspect.

My feeling is that the marks were not just discovered. LE obviously already had enough evidence to arrest SM on murder charges. Since the tub is a HEAVY cast iron tub, there was no need for them to remove it right away. I assume they will use tests to see if the marks match the hacksaw (I hate typing that word in this context).

I PULLED THIS FROM THE LAST THREAD:

A commenter on 13 WMAZ's FB page states police only found the top half of the torso. He claimed to have heard it on the news last night. I was making dinner at the time and was only half listening to the news, and I didn't hear this. But, I don't recall hearing this previously so I wanted to mention it. I don't know if they really said this on the news or not. Did anyone hear it?

To dismember a body like that would be very difficult, I assume.

MY COMMENT:
I think this probably is coming from Frank Malloy's interview last night with an expert criminologist:
http://www.13wmaz.com/news/local/story.aspx?storyid=138509

"One of the most obvious purposes is to make sure that the whole body isn't found, maybe it's a convenient way to carry it downstairs, getting it into a car, but I think there's another possible explanation," says Dr. Levin, "That is, it could've been a sexual assault. And the DNA evidence may be in the lower part of the torso, and that's why the killer took great pains to make sure that the police didn't find that part and didn't care that much about the upper torso."

I assumed he was speaking in general terms though and not specifically this case since that has not been officially reported anywhere else. It could be true or it could just have been a poor choice of words on his part.

Also, hasn't it been reported that evidence from a rape kit had been sent away? If there was no lower half to take those kinds of samples from, what could have been collected for the rape kit?

Jjessicalauren I agree that SM doesn't look all that muscular at all to me.. Infact I Saw him more of couch potato type and a little dumpy.. Without a doubt, as I've mentioned before Lauren was a very strong and physically fit woman that stood at a solid 6'.. In a hand to hand combat I haven't a doubt that Lauren most likely could've beat the living snot out of SM.. She could've easily taken him in a heartbeat.. You must understand this is one of the many reasons why I lean toward this attack being planned.. Because in any other sense it does not add up.. If things just got out of hand or she rebuffed his advances I do not see a way that he couldve had the upper hand on her to the point that nothing in the apt was destroyed and broken or Lauren wasn't heard raising hell.. And I believe he knew if he just debilitated her in some way that she could still make things more than difficult for him if not impossible.. IMO even debilitated and injured Lauren would have fought like hell.. There would have been attention brought.. Spencer downstairs wouldve heard this 27 yr old woman in the fight for her life.. Lauren wouldn't have gone down without a major fight nor would she have gone down quietly.. That's why I believe that he was already in her apt when she returned from Zaxby's and i believe he lied in wait for the opportunity that he would have the uppermost hand..*

I know when I described this a few days ago you were adamAntly against my theory.. And that of course is fine.. But I do think you may have changed your mind or atleast are open to the possibilities.. Just as you mention the bath and could he have made his move then?? IMO yes, most likely her in the shower is when he struck.. I think he knew he had to kill her quickly..(and I full well realize many cannot comprehend that he had motivations for Lauren after he killed her..)But I believe once it is brought to light what all was done to Lauren's body.. Things will be much clearer..

MaconMom made a statement earlier about hearing that only the top half of her torso was actually found.. It's the upper half and one can use their head to discern why only the upper half of the torso was left.. It is horrendous details that will keep coming to light.. And as each piece is seen the true evil nature of what was inflicted on this young woman will become a horrifying realization.. Jmo..

Jjessicalauren I agree that SM doesn't look all that muscular at all to me.. Infact I Saw him more of couch potato type and a little dumpy.. Without a doubt, as I've mentioned before Lauren was a very strong and physically fit woman that stood at a solid 6'.. In a hand to hand combat I haven't a doubt that Lauren most likely could've beat the living snot out of SM.. She could've easily taken him in a heartbeat.. You must understand this is one of the many reasons why I lean toward this attack being planned.. Because in any other sense it does not add up.. If things just got out of hand or she rebuffed his advances I do not see a way that he couldve had the upper hand on her to the point that nothing in the apt was destroyed and broken or Lauren wasn't heard raising hell.. And I believe he knew if he just debilitated her in some way that she could still make things more than difficult for him if not impossible.. IMO even debilitated and injured Lauren would have fought like hell.. There would have been attention brought.. Spencer downstairs wouldve heard this 27 yr old woman in the fight for her life.. Lauren wouldn't have gone down without a major fight nor would she have gone down quietly.. That's why I believe that he was already in her apt when she returned from Zaxby's and i believe he lied in wait for the opportunity that he would have the uppermost hand..*

I know when I described this a few days ago you were adamAntly against my theory.. And that of course is fine.. But I do think you may have changed your mind or atleast are open to the possibilities.. Just as you mention the bath and could he have made his move then?? IMO yes, most likely her in the shower is when he struck.. I think he knew he had to kill her quickly..(and I full well realize many cannot comprehend that he had motivations for Lauren after he killed her..)But I believe once it is brought to light what all was done to Lauren's body.. Things will be much clearer..

MaconMom made a statement earlier about hearing that only the top half of her torso was actually found.. It's the upper half and one can use their head to discern why only the upper half of the torso was left.. It is horrendous details that will keep coming to light.. And as each piece is seen the true evil nature of what was inflicted on this young woman will become a horrifying realization.. Jmo..

Well....my point up above is how I believe the "part of torso" comments got started. Not sure if it's actually true or not or if the criminologist interviewed last night misspoke. See my comment above. And yes...I'm well aware of why a rapist/murderer would dispose of the bottom half. Thanks.

A commenter on 13 WMAZ's FB page states police only found the top half of the torso. He claimed to have heard it on the news last night. I was making dinner at the time and was only half listening to the news, and I didn't hear this. But, I don't recall hearing this previously so I wanted to mention it. I don't know if they really said this on the news or not. Did anyone hear it?

I caught this as well when watching the broadcast on T.V. that night.
It's based on this interview during the 6 o'clock news:
http://www.13wmaz.com/video/1092875...Jack-Levin-Discusses-the-Lauren-Giddings-Case

Personally, I think he may have just had the facts mixed up in his mind with some other case.
I don't see him having any special access to that information in this case,
seeing as that kind of detail hasn't been released.
...unless WMAZ told him this in prep for the interview, and they're withholding this from us as well :waitasec:

I PULLED THIS FROM THE LAST THREAD:

MY COMMENT:
I think this probably is coming from Frank Malloy's interview last night with an expert criminologist:
http://www.13wmaz.com/news/local/story.aspx?storyid=138509

"One of the most obvious purposes is to make sure that the whole body isn't found, maybe it's a convenient way to carry it downstairs, getting it into a car, but I think there's another possible explanation," says Dr. Levin, "That is, it could've been a sexual assault. And the DNA evidence may be in the lower part of the torso, and that's why the killer took great pains to make sure that the police didn't find that part and didn't care that much about the upper torso."

I assumed he was speaking in general terms though and not specifically this case since that has not been officially reported anywhere else. It could be true or it could just have been a poor choice of words on his part.

Also, hasn't it been reported that evidence from a rape kit had been sent away? If there was no lower half to take those kinds of samples from, what could have been collected for the rape kit?

I've only ever read and heard "TORSO"

Thank you, this makes perfect sense.

Possibly the scratches on the tub were noticed, photographed, and documented during the original discovery. Now, possibly they are wanting to compare or otherwise investigate the cause of the scratches??

First, why are you calling me "Jack"?

Second, haven't people been theorizing that the maintenance man is being framed?

... scratches her head and looks puzzled.

hahaha!

Framed? By whom? SMcD? This sounds like the Casey Anthony case. Create a bit of confusion and throw circumstances out the window. I dont' own a hacksaw and do not have packaging of such in my condo. I dont' think Boni ticked off the MM and so he framed SMcD by breaking into his aptmt to put the package of the hacksaw in there after leaving the saw in his shed after murdering and dismembering an innocent young woman to get back at Boni. :floorlaugh: Maybe just Maybe the MM was there thinking LG had moved? I dont' know the dates he was allegedly seen by the accused murderer. "scratches head and looks puzzled"

I do think that if he said that "he could commit murder and get away with it" then this was premeditated and he sadly cared less about somoene so caring and kind and saw her as the perfect target. JMHO!

My feeling is that the marks were not just discovered. LE obviously already had enough evidence to arrest SM on murder charges. Since the tub is a HEAVY cast iron tub, there was no need for them to remove it right away. I assume they will use tests to see if the marks match the hacksaw (I hate typing that word in this context).

Maybe they documented the marks with photographs a couple of weeks ago and as you say, they could come back and remove the tub.

DNA results coming back from the Hacksaw may have also played a role.

Macon LE has said all along that they haven't received all test results back from the FBI. I would guess they are receiving results a few at a time. Maybe, the tub marks were observed, photographed on scene, and impressions of them sent to FBI. The FBI could have compared the hacksaw blade with the impressions and found a probable match and just in the last couple of days sent Macon LE the results. Macon LE may not have wanted to remove that heavy cast iron tub unless evidence indicated they would have to.

I'm sure this has been mentioned, but could he have been a cross dresser and Lauren caught him in her clothes?
He freaks and kills her? Not all cross dressers murder for sure....but this is news mama wouldn't handle well.
Also, do we know for sure that the scratches on the tub were not swabbed for dna before the tub was taken out...and now that they have the hacksaw, they need the tub for impressions?

hahaha!

Framed? By whom? SMcD? This sounds like the Casey Anthony case. Create a bit of confusion and throw circumstances out the window. I dont' own a hacksaw and do not have packaging of such in my condo. I dont' think Boni ticked off the MM and so he framed SMcD by breaking into his aptmt to put the package of the hacksaw in there after leaving the saw in his shed after murdering and dismembering an innocent young woman to get back at Boni. :floorlaugh: Maybe just Maybe the MM was there thinking LG had moved? I dont' know the dates he was allegedly seen by the accused murderer. "scratches head and looks puzzled"

I do think that if he said that "he could commit murder and get away with it" then this was premeditated and he sadly cared less about somoene so caring and kind and saw her as the perfect target. JMHO!

I apologize, but I really have no idea what your point could be, or what you are trying to say to me. For that reason, I am unable to respond to you.

I apologize, but I really have no idea what your point could be, or what you are trying to say to me. For that reason, I am unable to respond to you.

That's ok. I dont' get that theory you suggested.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kupsa