1147 users online (219 members and 928 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

and in the off beat news category

Maybe it's not that funny, but this little nugget in our local throwaway paper - police beat- cracked me up.

Animal Call 9:08 a woman reported a huge black thing with 8 legs in her house "the size of a mango" Police arrived to find a very large spider and took it into custody

who calls the police over a spider, no matter how big it is? I may call a friend, or leave the house, but....calling the police?

The police is probably over kill. If it was really that big, maybe the Humane Society would have been a better call lol

if it was that big maybe she should have charged it rent.
    we need to encourage harder sentencing on those that are harming our children. our children are worth it!!

stop the circus!! these children as all children deserve to be found and justice brought forth for what has happened to them!!

Dear Lord !! I would have passed out !! Scared to death of spiders ..my youngest son is too ! He will wake up his older brother in the middle of the night to come kill a spider in his room .
    Adam will say "why am I killing a spider for a grown man" LOL
    "Don't pee on my head and tell me it's raining" ~Judge Judy

Revenge is beneath me , but accidents DO happen .

I also am scared to death of spiders. Being a single parent when my kids were younger it took all I could do to kill one and pretend it was nothing. Didn't want to pass my phobia on to them. Well I succeeded in that but once they got a little older they use to end up killing them for me. I didn't fool them one bit they knew i was afraid of them. lol But at least they weren't.
    we need to encourage harder sentencing on those that are harming our children. our children are worth it!!

stop the circus!! these children as all children deserve to be found and justice brought forth for what has happened to them!!

The size of a mango???

Quote Originally Posted by athy View Post
    I also am scared to death of spiders. Being a single parent when my kids were younger it took all I could do to kill one and pretend it was nothing. Didn't want to pass my phobia on to them. Well I succeeded in that but once they got a little older they use to end up killing them for me. I didn't fool them one bit they knew i was afraid of them. lol But at least they weren't.
    It's not the worse thing about being a single parent, but I agree it ranks up there, having to kill all the bugs. It just cracked me up that the police were called. I may have had to go camp out at a friend's house until someone came to kill it for me, or take a picture and say PLEASE come help me. I may have even gone to a hotel and hoped it mosied out by the time I got home.

and...they took into custody

sounds like a seriously BIG spider
    Just my opinions (and I have been wrong before)!

pinkfly

maybe it was a goliath bird spider

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=klHDzIIrsjY"]Deadly 60 - Goliath Bird Eating Spider - YouTube[/ame]

I actually like spiders...

This rememinds me of the scene in the movie The Thing with Kurt Russel ..when the guys head grows legs and walks away ACKKKK!!!
    "Don't pee on my head and tell me it's raining" ~Judge Judy

Revenge is beneath me , but accidents DO happen .

Quote Originally Posted by Lizbetbathory View Post
    maybe it was a goliath bird spider

Deadly 60 - Goliath Bird Eating Spider - YouTube

I actually like spiders...
    Yikes.....

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie09 View Post
    Yikes.....
    Wholy cow that's the biggest spider I've ever seen. I don't mind daddy long legs ,but that just wrong.

Awww shucks...that's just a tarantula...we have lots of those here! And guess what? They JUMP!

I don't mind spiders so much as long as I have a broom between the two of us. If it crawls away and I can't find it - THEN I freak out...

gahhhh!!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast