and in the off beat news category

Charlie09

Former Member
Reaction score
Maybe it's not that funny, but this little nugget in our local throwaway paper - police beat- cracked me up.

Animal Call 9:08 a woman reported a huge black thing with 8 legs in her house "the size of a mango" Police arrived to find a very large spider and took it into custody

:floorlaugh::waitasec: who calls the police over a spider, no matter how big it is? I may call a friend, or leave the house, but....calling the police?

The police is probably over kill. If it was really that big, maybe the Humane Society would have been a better call lol

if it was that big maybe she should have charged it rent.

Dear Lord !! I would have passed out !! Scared to death of spiders ..my youngest son is too ! He will wake up his older brother in the middle of the night to come kill a spider in his room .
Adam will say "why am I killing a spider for a grown man" LOL

I also am scared to death of spiders. Being a single parent when my kids were younger it took all I could do to kill one and pretend it was nothing. Didn't want to pass my phobia on to them. Well I succeeded in that but once they got a little older they use to end up killing them for me. I didn't fool them one bit they knew i was afraid of them. lol But at least they weren't.

I also am scared to death of spiders. Being a single parent when my kids were younger it took all I could do to kill one and pretend it was nothing. Didn't want to pass my phobia on to them. Well I succeeded in that but once they got a little older they use to end up killing them for me. I didn't fool them one bit they knew i was afraid of them. lol But at least they weren't.

It's not the worse thing about being a single parent, but I agree it ranks up there, having to kill all the bugs. It just cracked me up that the police were called. I may have had to go camp out at a friend's house until someone came to kill it for me, or take a picture and say PLEASE come help me. I may have even gone to a hotel and hoped it mosied out by the time I got home.

and...they took into custody :floorlaugh:

sounds like a seriously BIG spider

maybe it was a goliath bird spider

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=klHDzIIrsjY"]Deadly 60 - Goliath Bird Eating Spider - YouTube[/ame]

I actually like spiders...

This rememinds me of the scene in the movie The Thing with Kurt Russel ..when the guys head grows legs and walks away ACKKKK!!!

Awww shucks...that's just a tarantula...we have lots of those here! And guess what? They JUMP!
:floorlaugh:

I don't mind spiders so much as long as I have a broom between the two of us. If it crawls away and I can't find it - THEN I freak out...

gahhhh!!!

1992888581_0295a4883a_z.jpg

Seriously, when my son was 11 he offered to babysit his friend's jumping wolf spider. He was not home when it meandered down the hall. I could HEAR it walking on our hard wood floor. I was on the phone with my mother in law tripping out - anytime I got close, he jumped toward me. I had no idea it was a pet into my son got home to find out that I had dropped one of the Harry Potter books on it and left the mess just on the chance it really dead. I screeched like an 8 year old .

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthseeker158
Back