1043 users online (211 members and 832 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

CA - Ray Coriell for rape, attempted murder of 7yo daughter, Bakersfield, 2011

Just hours after Ray Coriell's 8-year-old daughter was found kidnapped and raped in an east Bakersfield dirt field, detectives say Coriell failed a lie detector test.

http://www.kget.com/news/local/story...QSnnf5Oiw.cspx

Ray Coriell was booked on suspicion of attempted murder, kidnapping to commit rape, intercourse with a child under 10 years old and kidnapping a child under 14 years old to commit lewd or lascivious acts.

Kern County Sheriff Donny Youngblood said at a news conference Friday that the attempted murder charge stems from the girl's injuries. They were bad enough that detectives believe Ray Coriell meant to kill the girl, and he may have believed she was already dead when he left her in east Bakersfield, the sheriff said.

All of the children from Ray Coriell's house, including those he had with his second wife, are now in protective custody, authorities said. Veronica Coriell has not been permitted to see her daughter since the girl vanished and resurfaced.

"I don't know why they won't let me see her," she said. "I want to see her."

Jones said he has already contacted the county about obtaining custody of the children.

Youngblood said at the news conference that he understands Veronica Coriell's frustration, but authorities are being very cautious about who sees the girl and when she can be seen. He said the girl has been through enough.

The crisis began at 3:45 a.m. Wednesday when the girl's stepmother called 911 and reported that her then 7-year-old stepdaughter was missing from their central Bakersfield home at the corner of Loch Lomond Drive and Cleveland Way. The child lived there with her father, stepmother, brother and half siblings.

Six hours later, the girl turned up alone, dirty and bruised nine miles away in east Bakersfield.

http://www.bakersfield.com/news/loca...-kill-daughter

Oh dear God, this poor little angel.

She had been sexually assaulted to the point of needing surgery.

http://www.turnto23.com/east_county/...medium=twitter

What a nightmare. Now she will have to testify against her own father, and have memories of this devastating attack. Poor sweet child. I hope she has some strong support waiting for her.
    “Every day that they don’t find something is good for me.“ Billie Dunn

Quote Originally Posted by BeanE View Post

Absolutely horrifying
    "I learned that it is the weak who are cruel, and that gentleness is to be expected only from the strong."~Leo Rosten

“If you judge people, you have no time to love them.” ~Mother Teresa of Calcutta

"Waste no more time arguing about what a good man should be. Be one." ~ Marcus Aurelius

"The warrant says she had been dumped in a dirt field and left under a sofa."

Hoping she would die IMO, such an evil man
    "I learned that it is the weak who are cruel, and that gentleness is to be expected only from the strong."~Leo Rosten

“If you judge people, you have no time to love them.” ~Mother Teresa of Calcutta

"Waste no more time arguing about what a good man should be. Be one." ~ Marcus Aurelius

The little girl's name appeared in earlier reports as she was reported as a missing child, please bear that in mind as her name is no longer being put in the media, and shouldn't be. JMO and thanks in advance

What I want to say is unprintable. I will say that so help me God, if there were even a HINT of something before this explosion of disgusting behavior-and no one paid attention-what the he// are people-no monsters doing to their children?
    My opinions are like my laundry: sometimes all over the place and sometimes they stink.

Sad sad case.....poor little girl. I hope she gets help dealing with all that has happened and what is yet to come.
    Just my opinions (and I have been wrong before)!

pinkfly

Quote Originally Posted by BeanE View Post

Ugh, I think I'm going to be sick. Poor, sweet baby.

omigosh...that poor dear little girl

grr
    this day and age IMHO I do not see how someone that was sexually abused as a child, and may possibly know they have lingering issues that haven't been addressed, can not know there is counseling out there, so they can get help...rant over

And after everything, the little girl still tries to protect the POS. Because she didn't want to get him in trouble. I hope that she never has to see him, again. EVER.
    JMO. Unless there's a link, I can't prove it.

do you think she REALLY knows that it was her father?? Could he have covered his face? Or then again, she may still be in shock/denial...poor child, wth was he thinking...seriously just because you were supposedly abused, you feel driven to commit this despicable HORROR???

just found this- has the 911 call...I can not begin to imagine the devastation this family is going thru & facing

http://www.bakersfieldnow.com//news/...126422163.html

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast