GUILTY CA - Ray Coriell for rape, attempted murder of 7yo daughter, Bakersfield, 2011

MsFacetious

What a Kerfuffle...
Reaction score
Just hours after Ray Coriell's 8-year-old daughter was found kidnapped and raped in an east Bakersfield dirt field, detectives say Coriell failed a lie detector test.

http://www.kget.com/news/local/stor...d-kidnapping-case/ATjumLfVJ0SJvQSnnf5Oiw.cspx

Ray Coriell was booked on suspicion of attempted murder, kidnapping to commit rape, intercourse with a child under 10 years old and kidnapping a child under 14 years old to commit lewd or lascivious acts.

Kern County Sheriff Donny Youngblood said at a news conference Friday that the attempted murder charge stems from the girl's injuries. They were bad enough that detectives believe Ray Coriell meant to kill the girl, and he may have believed she was already dead when he left her in east Bakersfield, the sheriff said.

All of the children from Ray Coriell's house, including those he had with his second wife, are now in protective custody, authorities said. Veronica Coriell has not been permitted to see her daughter since the girl vanished and resurfaced.

"I don't know why they won't let me see her," she said. "I want to see her."

Jones said he has already contacted the county about obtaining custody of the children.

Youngblood said at the news conference that he understands Veronica Coriell's frustration, but authorities are being very cautious about who sees the girl and when she can be seen. He said the girl has been through enough.

The crisis began at 3:45 a.m. Wednesday when the girl's stepmother called 911 and reported that her then 7-year-old stepdaughter was missing from their central Bakersfield home at the corner of Loch Lomond Drive and Cleveland Way. The child lived there with her father, stepmother, brother and half siblings.

Six hours later, the girl turned up alone, dirty and bruised nine miles away in east Bakersfield.

http://www.bakersfield.com/news/loc...ggests-father-may-have-tried-to-kill-daughter

What a nightmare. Now she will have to testify against her own father, and have memories of this devastating attack. Poor sweet child. I hope she has some strong support waiting for her.

"The warrant says she had been dumped in a dirt field and left under a sofa."

Hoping she would die IMO, such an evil man :(

The little girl's name appeared in earlier reports as she was reported as a missing child, please bear that in mind as her name is no longer being put in the media, and shouldn't be. JMO and thanks in advance

What I want to say is unprintable. I will say that so help me God, if there were even a HINT of something before this explosion of disgusting behavior-and no one paid attention-what the he// are people-no monsters doing to their children?

Sad sad case.....poor little girl. I hope she gets help dealing with all that has happened and what is yet to come.

omigosh...that poor dear little girl:(

grr
this day and age IMHO I do not see how someone that was sexually abused as a child, and may possibly know they have lingering issues that haven't been addressed, can not know there is counseling out there, so they can get help...rant over

do you think she REALLY knows that it was her father?? Could he have covered his face? Or then again, she may still be in shock/denial...poor child, wth was he thinking...seriously just because you were supposedly abused, you feel driven to commit this despicable HORROR???

Oh my God this is just absolutely sickening! I just feel so sick inside for this poor child! Can you just imagine the horror? I think someone needs to put me in the room with this man for about three minutes....I'm fairly certain that's all it would take!

Dear little girl....unbelievable..her own father(?) who is suppose to protect and nurture her,what a ....I hope this dear little girl will get a good therapist...dear God she will sure need one...heart breaking,just heart breaking.

And after everything, the little girl still tries to protect the . Because she didn't want to get him in trouble. I hope that she never has to see him, again. EVER.

"Ray then stated, 'Very sorry,'" the report reads. "I asked Ray, 'The next time you see your daughter are you going to be able to say you're sorry?' Ray stated, 'Absolutely.'"

The report continues with more of the father's response to the officers. "'Are you going to be able to promise her that you will never sexually assault her again, are you going to be able to repair that bridge.' Ray was crying and stated, 'I hope so, I hope I can.'"

WHAATTT?
I hope that was LE's way of getting a confession from this disgusting .
If she was mine, I'd make sure he never had a chace to see any child agin.

Unspeakable.

Oh dear God.

I cannot comment right now

After the 911 call, I'm convinced the stepmother cares the most about this poor girl.

http://www.bakersfieldnow.com//news/local/126422163.html#911call

Isaias Duarte lives on Eucalyptus Drive, where the girl turned up. He said his neighbor's gardener saw the girl and brought her to him for help.

"She said she was hungry," Duarte told Eyewitness News on Wednesday. "My wife gave her something, I think a banana to start, but then she started throwing up everything."

Duarte said the girl was quiet, sad and had a bruised face.

This day that this happened, it was her birthday.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phernandez22
Back