GUILTY GA - Three Dougherty siblings for bank robbery, Valdosta, 2011

Blondie in Spokane

Reaction score
FBI hunts for 3 siblings sought in bank robbery, cop shoot-out

"Authorities are using digital billboards across the Southeast in their manhunt for three siblings, all in their 20s, who are wanted for an alleged armed bank robbery in Georgia and are suspects in the attempted murder of a Florida police officer, the FBI said Saturday. The crimes occurred Tuesday."

"The three being sought in the dragnet are Ryan Edward Dougherty, 21, sister Lee Grace E. Dougherty, 29, and half-brother Dylan Dougherty Stanley, 26, authorities said."

"Authorities are calling them "the Dougherty family."

http://www.cnn.com/2011/CRIME/08/06/georgia.three.siblings.manhunt/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

I don't get this statement in the report "alleged armed bank robbery" How can this be? Is this the paper doing a CYA or is that a quote from the FBI?

Either they robbed or didn't, how can it be an alleged armed bank robbery?

It didn't state how much if any money they got. I think putting the billboards up is a danger to the community where they are at. Will they go out in a blaze? Attempt another robbery? I mean if these 20 year old's think that they are going to jail for life anyway there is nothing stopping them from doing more crime.

I just hope the FBI has a good profile on these siblings and know more than they are saying.

"I'm not going to compare them to Bonnie and Clyde -- I'll let you do that if you like -- but they are certainly very clear in demonstrating their threat to both law enforcement and the public," FBI special agent Stephen Emmett told CNN Saturday."

"It's not very often that we have advance warning like this of potential problems with law enforcement encountering individuals. They made it very clear that they are going to be a problem," added Emmett, a spokesman for the FBI's Atlanta office."

(From my previous CNN link)

Based on the above statements, it sounds like a foregone conclusion that this will not end well, they will not go peacefully.

I don't get this statement in the report "alleged armed bank robbery" How can this be? Is this the paper doing a CYA or is that a quote from the FBI?

Either they robbed or didn't, how can it be an alleged armed bank robbery?

It didn't state how much if any money they got. I think putting the billboards up is a danger to the community where they are at. Will they go out in a blaze? Attempt another robbery? I mean if these 20 year old's think that they are going to jail for life anyway there is nothing stopping them from doing more crime.

I just hope the FBI has a good profile on these siblings and know more than they are saying.

I think they have to say Alleged until they are convicted at least that is what the lawyer i work for told me to say regarding all our clients. They are alleged to have commited this or that and until they are convicted can you say they actually did the crime. Even if the crime is on tape. Silly isnt it.

Are you kidding me the mom is from Palatka?

http://abcnews.go.com/US/fugitive-s...erous-mission-investigators/story?id=14254078

The siblings share a lengthy criminal history that includes 20 felonies among them. The charges range from drug possession to battery and to burglary. Ryan Dougherty's latest crime may have sent him and his siblings on their current spree.

Ryan Dougherty had recently been put on court probation and was forced to register as a sex offender after sending explicit text messages to an 11-year-old girl. He feared that his conviction would keep him from seeing his baby on the way

They are well armed. They have at least an AK-47 assault rifle and a MAC -10 or MAC -11 type machine pistol. These are high capacity, high rate of fire weapons that are normally seen by the military or law enforcement. These weapons are very damaging weapons and they've shown that they will fire them," Emmett said.

These 3 are not going down without a fight.

Fugitive Siblings Sought in Armed Bank Robbery May Be in Tennessee, Police Say

Investigators said they received a tip that three Florida siblings accused of firing shots at a Florida police car and then robbing a bank in south Georgia may have traveled to Tennessee.

Valdosta (Ga.) Police Commander Brian Childress said he received several leads over the weekend, including separate calls saying the siblings' vehicle was spotted near Forsyth, Ga. and Chattanooga, Tenn.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/08/0...may-be-in-tennessee-police-say/#ixzz1USYxHG5M

They are looking for bank robber in Little Rock...

Here is the dashcam video where they shoot at the Fl. police officer that is chasing them.

http://www.youtube.com/user/pascosheriff

wow, that is insane

that cop remained so calm ... even after being shot at multiple times
I know it's their job but it amazes me every time

I think he's lucky to be alive & I think they will murder someone very soon if they haven't already

their mother better start planning three funerals IMO

wow, that is insane

that cop remained so calm ... even after being shot at multiple times
I know it's their job but it amazes me every time

I think he's lucky to be alive & I think they will murder someone very soon if they haven't already

their mother better start planning three funerals IMO

Yes, he is. He was shot at 20 times. Just think what would have happened if they had pulled over when he tried to stop them. They would have shot him dead right there.

What they haven't divulged is how much money they got in the Valdosta bank robbery. In a way I hope it was enough that they can buy them a car of some kind because they will be ditching the one they are driving or already have, imo. Far better than shooting someone and taking their vehicle.

Why I say that in 1996 we had three that came through our local area. They were from SC and came into Georgia. They too shot at a policeman and shattered a woman's windshield when they shot at her vehicle trying to get her to stop. Then they traveled on into my county. It was two males, 17 and 20 and one girl 15 years old.

The girl went up to a home and told the owners that she had a flat tire ( a setup). The 17 and 20 year old were laying in wait for the couple. They robbed them.....murdered them in cold blood and took their vehicle. Maria and Tim Giles were fine decent people. I knew Maria well.

The police finally located them in a town about 90 miles away. The 20 year old got LWOP and the 17 year old committed suicide as the police surrounded them and the 15 year old is due up for parole in 2014.

So I will be glad when these three are caught because until then no one is safe.

I think they are bad news and they are getting a thrill out of all of this.

IMO

wow that crazy! I say they ditch that car by now. thanks goodness no one was shot and killed. they need to get theses kids.

Attorney says Ryan Dougherty lived in fantasy world
advertisement
ShareThis
Posted: 08/08/2011
Last Updated: 3 hours and 42 minutes ago

By: Jeff Butera
DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. - The attorney for Ryan Dougherty said Monday that his client was immature, seemed to live in a fantasy world and often had a blank expression on his face.

Ryan, his brother Dylan Dougherty Stanley, and his sister Lee Grace Dougherty are accused of shooting at a Zephyrhills police officer and then robbing a bank in Valdosta, Georgia. According to the Pasco County Sheriff’s Office, both of those events took place last Tuesday.

Ryan, 21, is the youngest of the three siblings, but law enforcement considers him to be the leader of the trio.

Robert Eddington, a Daytona Beach attorney, defended Ryan the last two years against a lewd and lascivious conduct charge.

He said Ryan entered his office with a blank stare on his face and communicating with the young man was very difficult.

“He didn’t seem particularly there in terms of his mentality. He seemed to be in another place,” Eddington said. “There was a blank look on his face. It was hard for him to focus and look into my eyes because I wanted him to understand fully what was going on.”

Eddington said Ryan had the maturity of a 15-year-old boy and often lived in a fantasy world.

“I’ve seen it before when (someone) won’t look at you,” Eddington said. “They have this expression, they don’t want to focus and it’s very concerning.”

Eddington was able to make a deal with the prosecutor that, in exchange for pleading guilty to the lewd and lascivious conduct charge, Ryan was able to avoid jail time.

http://www.abcactionnews.com/dpp/ne...ey-says-ryan-dougherty-lived-in-fantasy-world

snip

The FBI believes the trio first tried to flee the highway cop because of Ryan Dougherty, who was sentenced Aug. 1 to 12 years of probation for sending nearly 400 sexually explicit text messages to an 11-year-old girl he met on MySpace.

The Subaru that the three were driving in is registered in Troy, NY, who is due to give birth to Ryan's son Aug. 13, according to her online Target gift registry.

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/national/vixen_faces_rack_ruin_q5hnBQ1AlZJrIImUY4CHCP#ixzz1UVypZB6T
Hmmm i wonder if he show up for the birth of his child.... well least try.
Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/national/vixen_faces_rack_ruin_q5hnBQ1AlZJrIImUY4CHCP#ixzz1UVyUMU2y

snip

The FBI believes the trio first tried to flee the highway cop because of Ryan Dougherty, who was sentenced Aug. 1 to 12 years of probation for sending nearly 400 sexually explicit text messages to an 11-year-old girl he met on MySpace.

The Subaru that the three were driving in is registered in Troy, NY, who is due to give birth to Ryan's son Aug. 13, according to her online Target gift registry.

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/national/vixen_faces_rack_ruin_q5hnBQ1AlZJrIImUY4CHCP#ixzz1UVypZB6T
Hmmm i wonder if he show up for the birth of his child.... well least try.
Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/national/vixen_faces_rack_ruin_q5hnBQ1AlZJrIImUY4CHCP#ixzz1UVyUMU2y

Since the girl lives in Florida I am sure FBI has her place staked out just in case.

imo

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail
Back