1070 users online (268 members and 802 guests)  


The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News


Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 21
  1. #1

    NC - Maria 'Patty' Perez-Godinez, 15, Fuquay-Varina, 4 Aug 2011

    Fishermen find the body of NC teen 2 days after she went missing
    Last Updated: August 07, 2011 - 11:02 am

    • The Chatham County Sheriff's Office says fishermen found the body of Patricia Perez face-down near a fishing ramp in Jordan Lake about 1 a.m. Saturday.
    • The medical examiner's office says Perez had been stabbed multiple times.


    http://www.therepublic.com/view/stor...-Body-in-Lake/

  2. #2
    Teen girl found dead in Jordan Lake identified

    She has been identified as Patricia Perez, 15, of 1916 N. Main St. in Fuquay-Varina.

    The girl was found face-down about 1 a.m. near a fishing access off Farrington Road near Bells Church, about a mile north of U.S. 64, Blankenship said


    http://www.newsobserver.com/2011/08/...#ixzz1UMCgH4jf

  3. #3
    Arrests made in stabbing death of teen girl

    • Gabriel Lopez and Alejandro Sanchez were arrested and charged with killing 15-year-old Patricia Perez.
    • Investigators say Lopez stabbed Perez multiple times and that he was her boyfriend.


    http://www2.wnct.com/news/2011/aug/0...ke-ar-1278075/

  4. #4


    Rest in peace, Patricia.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Southwestern Ontario
    Posts
    890
    What a beautiful girl...
    Rest in Peace
    Just my, no one elses

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    7,247
    It is horrific enough to keep reading about adult women killed by their partners, but to hear more and more of it happening in teen relationships as well is just... I don't know, it makes me feel like women and girls are just viewed as expendable to some men. These young guys are learning it somewhere, this complete disrespect for women. We have cops in the news,for gods sake, people who are supposed to protect, saying that women who are raped ask for it... This attitude filters down. As a mom of three boys and a daughter, I try so hard to point out these stories, or take opportunities appropriate to age to show where we always need to re spect others, their bodies, their space, their worth as human beings no matter who they are or what they do, and how we need to love and respect everyone no matter their gender, their orientation, their race or class... But oh how hard it is when there is so much to counter.

    So sad for lovely Patricia. You deserved respect and love and a full life, free to become whatever you wanted. So sorry.
    “Peace is not the product of terror or fear. Peace is not the silence of cemeteries. Peace is not the silent result of violent repression. Peace is the generous, tranquil contribution of all to the good of all." -Abp Oscar Romero

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    3,657
    So sad.

    Prayers for Patricia.

    So young.
    Just my opinions (and I have been wrong before)!

    pinkfly

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Southeastern Coast, NC
    Posts
    367
    Two charged with murder in death of girl found dead in lake

    http://www.starnewsonline.com/articl...737/0/ARTICLES

  9. #9
    Prosecutor: Fuquay-Varina teen stabbed 30 times

    Both are charged with first-degree murder in the death of Patricia Perez, 15.

    Perez and Lopez were dating, and authorities said they believe Lopez stabbed her to death after an argument. Sanchez witnessed the stabbing, authorities said.

    http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/9968259/

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    922
    I'm 35 and when I was in my teens I had a controlling boyfriend, but i didnt see myself at the time as a victim. A lot of teen girls put up with the crazy boyfriends and see it as no big deal or even romantic. My ex threaten to kill me with a knife if I broke up with him. I never thought he would actually hurt me, but as I look back at it now he was unstable and could have killed me.

    I dunno what is happening to our society. I have to remind my male friends and relatives that in hostile relationships it is so easy to blame the female. She nags, she likes to argue, she does this or that. When in reality, anyone can walk away from a toxic relationship. No relationship should get so heated to where people are verbally and physically harming themselves or others. Men are just as gulity as women of loving the drama of a crazy girlfriend. No one talks about this. If your partner knows how to push your buttons and is driving you crazy, leave her! If she gets in your face and wants to fight her, instead of punching, walk away. But some men hate to admit they love that kind of woman. No its easier to just blame her.
    Rest in Peace John 08/09/86-04/24/2014.

    Husband, father and son. I miss you and so does your son.


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    7,247
    Quote Originally Posted by burbqueen View Post
    I'm 35 and when I was in my teens I had a controlling boyfriend, but i didnt see myself at the time as a victim. A lot of teen girls put up with the crazy boyfriends and see it as no big deal or even romantic. My ex threaten to kill me with a knife if I broke up with him. I never thought he would actually hurt me, but as I look back at it now he was unstable and could have killed me.

    I dunno what is happening to our society. I have to remind my male friends and relatives that in hostile relationships it is so easy to blame the female. She nags, she likes to argue, she does this or that. When in reality, anyone can walk away from a toxic relationship. No relationship should get so heated to where people are verbally and physically harming themselves or others. Men are just as gulity as women of loving the drama of a crazy girlfriend. No one talks about this. If your partner knows how to push your buttons and is driving you crazy, leave her! If she gets in your face and wants to fight her, instead of punching, walk away. But some men hate to admit they love that kind of woman. No its easier to just blame her.
    Awesome post, friend, thanks were not enough!

    I'm 37 and like you I had one of those crazy boyfriends when I was a teen. Of course at that age I was dumb, and liked the drama. When I was older, I got into a relationship that actually did result in violence, but by then I was old enough to know better, got LE involved, and got the he$$ outta there. Not all are so lucky as I was - I had no kids tying me to him, a family to fall back on, etc.

    I would love to see a domestic violence awareness unit added to JR High and High School health/sex Ed classes. Girls need to know that this behavior isn't romantic, or that a boys violent jealousy isn't a sign of his love for her, etc... And boys need to be taught respect that maybe isn't being modeled at home and on TV.

    And you are so right about the men with the drama! How come if a woman does it, she's a bit@$ or a drama queen, but the man who stirs up the drama doesnt get these names? He's just maybe "rough around the edges", or "needs a good woman to rein him in" or something? Wat!? Big double standard out there. Why are these men following after women that they call nags or sluts or whatever, until they hurt them in anger? Just go if it makes you angry to the point where you can't control yourself! I think they stay cause they like the drama too!
    “Peace is not the product of terror or fear. Peace is not the silence of cemeteries. Peace is not the silent result of violent repression. Peace is the generous, tranquil contribution of all to the good of all." -Abp Oscar Romero

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by burbqueen View Post
    I'm 35 and when I was in my teens I had a controlling boyfriend, but i didnt see myself at the time as a victim. A lot of teen girls put up with the crazy boyfriends and see it as no big deal or even romantic. My ex threaten to kill me with a knife if I broke up with him. I never thought he would actually hurt me, but as I look back at it now he was unstable and could have killed me.

    I dunno what is happening to our society. I have to remind my male friends and relatives that in hostile relationships it is so easy to blame the female. She nags, she likes to argue, she does this or that. When in reality, anyone can walk away from a toxic relationship. No relationship should get so heated to where people are verbally and physically harming themselves or others. Men are just as gulity as women of loving the drama of a crazy girlfriend. No one talks about this. If your partner knows how to push your buttons and is driving you crazy, leave her! If she gets in your face and wants to fight her, instead of punching, walk away. But some men hate to admit they love that kind of woman. No its easier to just blame her.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gardenlady View Post
    Awesome post, friend, thanks were not enough!

    I'm 37 and like you I had one of those crazy boyfriends when I was a teen. Of course at that age I was dumb, and liked the drama. When I was older, I got into a relationship that actually did result in violence, but by then I was old enough to know better, got LE involved, and got the he$$ outta there. Not all are so lucky as I was - I had no kids tying me to him, a family to fall back on, etc.

    I would love to see a domestic violence awareness unit added to JR High and High School health/sex Ed classes. Girls need to know that this behavior isn't romantic, or that a boys violent jealousy isn't a sign of his love for her, etc... And boys need to be taught respect that maybe isn't being modeled at home and on TV.

    And you are so right about the men with the drama! How come if a woman does it, she's a bit@$ or a drama queen, but the man who stirs up the drama doesnt get these names? He's just maybe "rough around the edges", or "needs a good woman to rein him in" or something? Wat!? Big double standard out there. Why are these men following after women that they call nags or sluts or whatever, until they hurt them in anger? Just go if it makes you angry to the point where you can't control yourself! I think they stay cause they like the drama too!


    Was it said somewhere that Patricia was crazy, pushed buttons, drove people crazy, got in people's faces and wanted to fight, nagged, liked to argue, stirred up drama, etc?

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    36,882
    I saw a Dateline or one of those shows recently where the mother of a teen victim (at the hands of her boyfriend) now lectures on domestic violence in teen relationships, which is growing at an alarming rate. (I am sorry not to recall the victim's name in this case, I believe she was from TX.) The mother said she was shocked to learn how many middle school and high school girls admitted to being abused by their boyfriends...
    Just my opinion, of course.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    7,247
    Quote Originally Posted by BeanE View Post
    Was it said somewhere that Patricia was crazy, pushed buttons, drove people crazy, got in people's faces and wanted to fight, nagged, liked to argue, stirred up drama, etc?
    Wow, that's quite a jump you made BeanE. No one said or even implied that she was or did any of those things. Burbqueen was talking domestic partner violence in general, and I was branching off on that discussion.

    Edited to add - those were all examples of things that men will say when they are the violent agressors in a relationship.

    But then, I think you knew that anyway, which leaves me wondering why the question.
    “Peace is not the product of terror or fear. Peace is not the silence of cemeteries. Peace is not the silent result of violent repression. Peace is the generous, tranquil contribution of all to the good of all." -Abp Oscar Romero

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    7,247
    Quote Originally Posted by cluciano63 View Post
    I saw a Dateline or one of those shows recently where the mother of a teen victim (at the hands of her boyfriend) now lectures on domestic violence in teen relationships, which is growing at an alarming rate. (I am sorry not to recall the victim's name in this case, I believe she was from TX.) The mother said she was shocked to learn how many middle school and high school girls admitted to being abused by their boyfriends...
    You got me googling for this mom, and while I didn't find her, I came across what looks like a great resource for schools and teachers, the Texas Dating Violence and Awareness Kit, at:

    http://www.txssc.txstate.edu/healthy...rg/htd-toolkit

    Has everything, lesson plans, posters, handouts, a model school week for a unit on it, etc. I'd love to see schools adopt this thorough of a program.

    I remember seeing the stats a while back, on teen dating violence, and like you mentioned the mom was, I too was shocked at the numbers.
    “Peace is not the product of terror or fear. Peace is not the silence of cemeteries. Peace is not the silent result of violent repression. Peace is the generous, tranquil contribution of all to the good of all." -Abp Oscar Romero

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Found Safe FL - Maria Cruz-Perez, 12, Bradenton, 2 June 2016
    By los2188 in forum Located Persons Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-02-2016, 08:16 PM
  2. NC NC - Donald Lyle, 49, Fuquay-Varina, 10 March 2016
    By los2188 in forum Missing Persons Discussion
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 05-30-2016, 01:41 AM
  3. GUILTY NY - Maria Perez, 22, found strangled, Staten Island, 3 March 2006
    By dark_shadows in forum Recently Sentenced and Beyond
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-11-2015, 03:13 AM

Tags for this Thread