Page 30 of 53 FirstFirst ... 20 28 29 30 31 32 40 ... LastLast
    The fact that they are so sure the items they found weren't there before suggests to me that the items were rather large. Did they say whether these items were similar or identical or completely different and unrelated?

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to HeinekenMan For This Useful Post:

hollyblue is offline It may be the cock that crows, but it is the hen that lays the eggs.
    Quote Originally Posted by HeinekenMan View Post
    This whole case is turning my stomach and giving me a migraine.

What kid wakes up at 10 a..m.? And they're saying it might have been closer to 11 a.m. My kids aren't much older, and they've been waking up before 7 a.m. for as long as I can remember. It's rare (like 2-3 times all year) that they sleep past 8 a.m.

The following sentence seems really weird to me.
    "We know somebody saw something," Ramos said. "They just don't want to tell us."
    I realize she's under a lot of stress. But the second half of that sentence seems accusatory. Why would someone withhold information that could help them find a 3-year-old girl?

Thirty minutes seems like a long time to wait before calling the cops. And the story I read says it might have been 45 minutes. Why is the reporter relying on the father's words? Surely it wouldn't take but a few minutes to check on the exact time of the 911 call.

In any case, it would take me less than five minutes to make that 911 call. If my daughter was outside alone, I'd check a few yards, drive around the block once and call 911. But I don't live in their neighborhood. Perhaps things are different there.

The statement about the case going in "circles" seems like the police chief said more than he meant to say. It seems like he's saying that things aren't adding up.

It's truly odd that they think someone might have planted evidence.

And it's even more bizarre that the evidence apparently wasn't around when they searched the area the first time.

Then there's the matter of what the evidence is. Why not tell us what it is? Wouldn't it possibly help solve the case? And the fact that there were three of these things seems odd. I could take 100 guesses. An empty Happy Meal box? Hair? A shovel? Dirty magazines? Rope? Duct tape? A bottle of bleach? Dolls? Photos? Blankets? I have no idea. But almost everything I just named would be something purchased from a store. Simply naming these items might jog someone's memory.
    Agreed. All good points. I wonder if LE talked to the 5 yr old? Some things are not adding up, imo.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to hollyblue For This Useful Post:

The time of day seems to match up with lunch times. If it was a contractor, he would probably be having lunch at that time. Contractors also work a lot in empty buildings. I hope they have checked every building where someone was doing repairs in the past few weeks. They also need to check every place where there was a contractor giving quotes to customers.

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to HeinekenMan For This Useful Post:

Well, I would have called in five minutes, and that's why I found it unusual to wait so long. Other than finding it unusual, it doesn't really strike me as suspicious.

I wasn't there and don't know the neighborhood nor the circumstances. So I can only speculate and think about how I would have responded. I tend to overreact, and I'd have no problem looking stupid if the police showed up to find out that I found my daughter on the toilet.

I live in a community where children go missing all the time. One of them was a 3-year-old girl named Caylee. I also live in a community where neighbors don't socialize much. So I would expect to see my daughter on the street or in our yard. It would only take me mere minutes to determine that she wasn't in either of those places. Then I would have called 911. Then I would have checked with neighbors.
    I do completely agree with calling 911 asap, but I have to imagine there was some measure of disbelief. The "this cant be happening" effect, I guess you could call it. Perhaps they thought that she must be around somewhere, and there was no reason to panic right away. I would be scared out of my mind after 20 seconds of not knowing where my child was...but it's so hard to say what one would do in that situation.
    The dead cannot cry out for justice; it is a duty of the living to do so for them. ~Lois McMaster Bujold

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to nobodyspecial For This Useful Post:

I am sure they talked to the 5-year-old, but I don't think there's any reason to think the 5-year-old could provide much information. He was inside when his sister disappeared, and I'm very confident that the family had nothing to do with what happened. If that were the case, I would expect there two be two missing children.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HeinekenMan For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by nobodyspecial View Post
    I do completely agree with calling 911 asap, but I have to imagine there was some measure of disbelief. The "this cant be happening" effect, I guess you could call it. Perhaps they thought that she must be around somewhere, and there was no reason to panic right away. I would be scared out of my mind after 20 seconds of not knowing where my child was...but it's so hard to say what one would do in that situation.
    It happened to me at Sea World. They have this giant climbing deal with multiple levels of rope ladders, etc. There were two exits, and they weren't clearly marked. I watched my son climb up. Then I lost track of him. I ran to an exit and waited, and he never came out. I ran around trying to figure out where he was. Then my wife returned from the bathroom, and I had to tell her that I hadn't seen him. A park employee brought him to us a few minutes later. He had finished climbing and tried to get on a ride. That was about four years ago. he was 4. A few months ago, another family had the exact same thing happen to their child. The only difference is that someone molested their child.

But there's no way to predict what someone would do in a stressful situation like that. I imagine part of the reason she didn't call 911 was that she was talking to her husband on the phone. She probably called him thinking that her daughter could have gone with him to the auction.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to HeinekenMan For This Useful Post:

I am sure they talked to the 5-year-old, but I don't think there's any reason to think the 5-year-old could provide much information. He was inside when his sister disappeared, and I'm very confident that the family had nothing to do with what happened. If that were the case, I would expect there two be two missing children.
    bbm

Unless the 5 yr old recalled seeing a white van with a man offering candy earlier in the day or a few days ago...ya never know how long this abduction could have been in the works.

While some Perp's scout out their next victim...some just come upon them by chance. So, it's possible that there might be some recall from the 5 yr old that is leading LE to be leaning in the direction that someone is trying to mislead LE or that someone may have seen something.

Also, I wonder if the reason Breeann's Mom suspects someone knows something but, doesn't want to say is because they are afraid to get involved because maybe they are "illegally" in this country undocumented.

Another night for Breeann to be away from her Mommy & Daddy...way too long for any 3 yr old but, for one who's obviously been traumatized has got to be just devastating for all concerned...my heart goes out to this family and sweet Breeann!

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to miabellamoure For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by trigger View Post
    I sent in the tip to the FBI.
    Thank you Trigger! No thanks button on tapatalk. I check in here with my phone on my breaks.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to momtective For This Useful Post:

I think the 5 yr old might have important information. His mom looked out the kitchen window and saw Breeann just 5 minutes before she went missing. If a professional interviewed him he might remember who talked to them, or if anyone drove by and stopped to talk to them earlier. Maybe they rode past one of the neighbors homes and someone came out and watched them or something.
    “Every day that they don’t find something is good for me.“ Billie Dunn

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to katydid23 For This Useful Post:

I think in this case the family probably just thought she was playing with someone else.
    However, some people might have the weirdest reasons you might never think of for not calling LE. Even if they are panicking.

When my daughter vanished while I peed... literally, like 2 minutes at the most. She was 3 years old.
    We live on a large piece of property but only an acre is accessible to the kids. On the acre we have multiple hazards.

I start with the most dangerous, the road, the ditches, the horses. Then cars, trailers, the garage... then start over again in case she is moving.

I called my entire family while doing so and several times ALMOST called the cops.

Why didn't I call them immediately? It wasn't because I thought nothing bad could happen. It was because I knew it could.

I kept having this image of the cop FLYING down the street like they ALWAYS do and running over my child when she ran out from wherever she was hiding to see the cop car. Or running over another child on their way. I KNEW it would happen.

Seriously, that's why I didn't call them immediately. I honestly, didn't trust them.

I let the Beagle out after 20 minutes and she led me right to her, between two trees between the ditch and the road.
    Had I called the cops, they would have pulled in, screeching RIGHT there.
    Odds of them seeing her in time to not hit her, would have been about zero.

If she went missing again tomorrow... at 7 years old? Or we had a home invasion or other emergency?
    Our LE scares me to death, I would still seriously hesitate to call. That REALLY bothers me.

Well, I would have called in five minutes, and that's why I found it unusual to wait so long. Other than finding it unusual, it doesn't really strike me as suspicious.

I wasn't there and don't know the neighborhood nor the circumstances. So I can only speculate and think about how I would have responded. I tend to overreact, and I'd have no problem looking stupid if the police showed up to find out that I found my daughter on the toilet.

I live in a community where children go missing all the time. One of them was a 3-year-old girl named Caylee. I also live in a community where neighbors don't socialize much. So I would expect to see my daughter on the street or in our yard. It would only take me mere minutes to determine that she wasn't in either of those places. Then I would have called 911. Then I would have checked with neighbors.

20. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to MsFacetious For This Useful Post:

IMO the missing bicycle gave the perp extra time to get away: bike and no child, I would go ballistic, calling 911 immediately. Seeing neither, I would start looking down the street and checking with neighbors. In the confusion of the moment the perp gains a valuable head start on searchers.

Might the police have found something such as a child's bracelet, necklace or ring?

22. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to dotcom For This Useful Post:

Not sure if anyone has mentioned this yet but after reading last night's article again, I wondered about the other 3 children. In an earlier interview, the reporter mentions the couple has 3 other children. Where were they when Breeann disappeared?

This case is constantly on my mind. My continued prayers for a miracle.

24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ~n/t~ For This Useful Post:

Morning all,

A quick look at google news shows me nothing new developed overnight?

About calling 911 - i too am a bit tired of the "why wait so long" etc... (though saying that, i do understand why some feel that way). Every situation is different; some worry more than others, every child acts differently, every place of disappearance is different, etc. All of this would factor into how a parent would act in the circumstances. And remember, we are talking minutes here, after all, not days, or even hours. I can completely see myself acting the same way as Bree's mom. After all, with the bike gone too, her first assumption is probably that little B rode off too far, and so went to look. Then naturally she moves to the next possibility, which would be into a friends house, since one neighbor said the kids all played together. Etc, etc, until she calls 911 because all the most likely places Bree might be turn up empty.

Regarding the evidence found: Karnes stated that they might be able to get DNA from what was found. What are the possibilities (and I so hate to type some of these out): something with blood or semen? Hair? Cigarette butts or a drink bottle/can (saliva)?

I hope we have answers soon. I hate the thought of Breeann's parents out there in the fields another day searching for their princess.
    “Peace is not the product of terror or fear. Peace is not the silence of cemeteries. Peace is not the silent result of violent repression. Peace is the generous, tranquil contribution of all to the good of all." -Abp Oscar Romero

26. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Gardenlady For This Useful Post:

FBI Press Release

http://www.fbi.gov/stlouis/press-rel...ng-preschooler

They won't say what the potential evidence is.

28. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to ~n/t~ For This Useful Post:

Morning Everyone

Breeann Is found safe and unharmed today!!!
    “These comments are my own personal opinions only and do not necessarily reflect the positions or opinions of others, W.S. or their affiliates. My posts are not to hurt or cause damage to anyone. They are merely something to ponder. All comments are based upon the current information that I know in this case and my own personal experiences. I am not posting as a professional posters and/or a verified locals/insiders* . You should conduct independent research to verify the validity of any statements made in this post before basing any decisions upon those statements. In addition, any views or opinions expressed by posters who quote my post to this thread are theirs and not mind, and I respect that."

30. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to CN2Souls For This Useful Post:

Page 30 of 53 FirstFirst ... 20 28 29 30 31 32 40 ... LastLast