Page 7 of 68 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 57 ... LastLast
    So currently GH's parents have the kids. LA's dad wants custody of the boys. Has LA's mother or any other family member expressed interest in wanting custody? Has anyone is AH's family expressed interest in wanting custody of her infant daughter?

Quote Originally Posted by kjev View Post
    So assuming she went to GH's apt and never came out alive you can't help but wonder if they had a neutral public meeting place in Raleigh she could still be alive today

I'm also assuming that the children were in the apt when she was killed. I wonder if she was strangled before she was dismembered.
    I don't know if there was enough of her found in the creek for a medical examiner to be able to determine what the actual cause of death was. I am very interested in that too. If enough of her neck was still attached to her head with a broken hyoid bone that would suggest strangulation.
    In my next life I do not want to be a medical examiner.
    Shoot all the bluejays you want, if you can hit 'em, but remember it's a sin to kill a mockingbird.
    ............Harper Lee

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to NCEast For This Useful Post:

Prison

Quote Originally Posted by NCEast View Post
    Hells bells, I weigh more than he does. I hope jail life will whittle him down to nothing, muscles are the first to go. .... and the male version of Big Bertha won't have much of a fight on his hands.
    I'm sorry, my attitude is very nasty towards these people.
    I believe most if not all NC prisons have weight lifting rooms.
    A parole review date is set for July 21, 2012 for Fred Howard Coffey.

Coffey was convicted of the murder of 10 yr old Amanda Marie Ray, NC. He admitted to molesting 300 children.

Please write a letter on behalf of Amanda.

Suspect in the murders of:
    5 yr old Neely Smith, NC
    14 yr old Kathy Lynn Beatty, MD
    8 yr old Travis Shane King, VA

Possibly connected to the disappearances of:
    14 Yr old Tracy Anne King, PA
    11 yr old Sheila and 13 yr old Katherine Lyons, MD
    15 yr old Carolyn Majane, NJ

Write to:
    Chairman Charles L. Mann Sr.
    NC Post Release Supervision & Parole Commission
    P.O. Box 29540
    Raleigh, NC 27626-0540
    RE: Fred Howard Coffey, DOC# 0081135
    or send an email to parole@doc.state.nc.us
    http://justice4amanda.tripod.com/

5. The Following User Says Thank You to JeannieC For This Useful Post:

So currently GH's parents have the kids. LA's dad wants custody of the boys. Has LA's mother or any other family member expressed interest in wanting custody? Has anyone is AH's family expressed interest in wanting custody of her infant daughter?
    The families from all 3 sides have been quiet for the most part. The father speaking out recently about wanting custody of the little boys came as a surprise to me. I haven't read anything about LA's mom's thoughts about any of this nor anything from AH's family other than the interview with her daughter and custody was not mentioned IIRC. LA's brother in law or brother has a Facebook site up but some of the posts on there are strange too. Too many strange people, too many dark secrets, too many untold truths yet. As far as I know, GH's parents have all 3 children right now. I don't know how old they are but since they run a day care maybe they are physically able to handle 2 toddlers and an infant.
    Shoot all the bluejays you want, if you can hit 'em, but remember it's a sin to kill a mockingbird.
    ............Harper Lee

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to NCEast For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by JeannieC View Post
    I believe most if not all NC prisons have weight lifting rooms.
    Maybe he'll take advantage of it but I can't see him doing anything but sitting quietly in a corner somewhere strumming his guitar.
    ............Harper Lee

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NCEast For This Useful Post:

Strumming

Maybe he'll take advantage of it but I can't see him doing anything but sitting quietly in a corner somewhere strumming his guitar.
    I don't think he will be allowed to have his guitar :: so he'll have to strum on something else..........

Coffey was convicted of the murder of 10 yr old Amanda Marie Ray, NC. He admitted to molesting 300 children.

5 yr old Neely Smith, NC

Write to:
    P.O. Box 29540
    Raleigh, NC 27626-0540

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to JeannieC For This Useful Post:

LA's baby

The families from all 3 sides have been quiet for the most part. The father speaking out recently about wanting custody of the little boys came as a surprise to me. I haven't read anything about LA's mom's thoughts about any of this nor anything from AH's family other than the interview with her daughter and custody was not mentioned IIRC. LA's brother in law or brother has a Facebook site up but some of the posts on there are strange too. Too many strange people, too many dark secrets, too many untold truths yet. As far as I know, GH's parents have all 3 children right now. I don't know how old they are but since they run a day care maybe they are physically able to handle 2 toddlers and an infant.
    Didn't someone say LA and GH's baby girl was taken into custody by DSS?
    I could be wrong about that but I think I saw that somewhere.

5 yr old Neely Smith, NC

Write to:
    P.O. Box 29540
    Raleigh, NC 27626-0540

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JeannieC For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by RaleighGD View Post
    My sentiments exactly. I found this forum due to interest in this case from knowing GH. (Good work to all involved btw.) I know GH well enough to hope for life instead of the DP for him. His small stature, love of self, artistic spirit... Hell, he's even kinda' purdy!(Big Bertha...) I'm not a negative person by nature, but this truly has me stuck in a corner. I wish the worst for GH, and don't feel the DP would cut it!

15. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to brighidin For This Useful Post:

Didn't someone say LA and GH's baby girl was taken into custody by DSS?
    I could be wrong about that but I think I saw that somewhere.

You may be correct. I am not functioning well/remembering much today with this migraine.
    ............Harper Lee

17. The Following User Says Thank You to NCEast For This Useful Post:

Red face Migraine

You may be correct. I am not functioning well/remembering much today with this migraine.
    So sorry. I feel your pain........... Hope it eases up soon!

5 yr old Neely Smith, NC

Write to:
    P.O. Box 29540
    Raleigh, NC 27626-0540

19. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to JeannieC For This Useful Post:

about that storage unit...

We now have some answers:

ABC11 Eyewitness News has learned that Grant and Amanda Hayes were seen at a self storage facility on Glenwood Avenue the night of July 13th
    pulled up to the SecurCare Self Storage on July 13th in a SUV that was pulling a U-Haul trailer.
    Grant reportedly seemed agitated and was shouting at his wife from the SUV. He seemed annoyed by how long she was taking inside the office.

[LINK]

The night of the 13th? Did they have the kids in the car? (after 9:30) or just the infant? (went there while LA was taking her boys out to dinner). I wish there was an actual time given so we can figure out if this was before or after the murder.

21. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to jrb0124 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by RaleighGD View Post
    My sentiments exactly. I found this forum due to interest in this case from knowing GH. (Good work to all involved btw.) I know GH well enough to hope for life instead of the DP for him. His small stature, love of self, artistic spirit... Hell, he's even kinda' purdy!(Big Bertha...) I'm not a negative person by nature, but this truly has me stuck in a corner. I wish the worst for GH, and don't feel the DP would cut it!
    Welcome RaleighGD!

I agree that a life sentence for GH in the general population would have him wishing for the DP.

Curious though, based on your acquaintance with GH (and AH maybe?) how do you think the murder and aftermath actually went down, i.e. would you believe him capable of planning and executing all of this with AH only being a passive or forced accomplice or IYO would AH needed to have planned, and motivated/encouraged him?

23. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jrb0124 For This Useful Post:

So assuming she went to GH's apt and never came out alive you can't help but wonder if they had a neutral public meeting place in Raleigh she could still be alive today
    Unless GH told her "you want to take them to dinner you come get them". If having to choose between going to the apt to get them and not seeing them that night - we all know which option LA would pick. Those boys were her life.

This was either already premeditated in that GH (and maybe AH) had decided to kill LA and were waiting for the right opportunity, or there was a confrontation at the apartment that triggered a fight which resulted in LA's death (in this case would probably still be premeditated IMO).

I am leaning towards premed in advance due to: (1) the FB chat he had w/the friend the day before where GH told this friend he was giving LA custody of the boys and moving back to the VI with AH and the baby -- in order words making the custody appear as a non-issue for the RPD to look at while investigating LA's disappearance which GH planned to carry out shortly, and (2) the fact that GH/AH were going to lose custody of the boys in a month and they knew there was nothing they could do about it.

GH/AH made quite a few mistakes and slips, the biggest one IMO was committing the murder in Raleigh. If they had done it in Wilson or Kinston, LA might still just be a face on a missing poster.

25. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to jrb0124 For This Useful Post:

I agree. I'm sure he is capable of killing someone but he doesn't seem to be smart enough to plan anything. Not to mention it was in her best interest for him not to be paying child support! She's the business person of the two. She's also a planner.........think about it.

I think she is a lot more involved than it appears. Going to HER sister's to dump LA's body. How would he know there was a great place with an alligator no less!

I'm also no real sure her sister didn't know what was going on. Regardless of what LE said. She might just be a good liar. I would have known the difference between the smell of human blood and the smell of fish bait or meat! Wouldn't you!
    Good post, JeannieC - I think you and Boodles may have it right about AH. I agree -- I don't think GH is terrifically smart -- he may have never had to be. But they're in a tuff spot and he wants his boys... What to do... what to do...

And AH -- I still think he wove a spider's web around her, especially at the beginning, and somehow he beguiled her (what a prize he was, you know) -- but she may have felt threatened by LA somehow, probably having to do with the kids and LA seeing GH "too often." Then she acquired his hate for LA by osmosis and then they started talking about alternatives & how they were gonna be able to get to the VI, etc., etc. So obviously LA had to go since LA was getting more able to start proceedings for custody, etc. And your idea about her being the detail manager of the plan is right-on.

We may never know who actually did The Deed or who hacked her into pieces, but the coolers & the stashing and the dumping in the creek, well yes, it's got to be Mrs. Haze, huh? Yep, you two may just have it right.

All posts, unless attributed, are "just my humble opinion," and they are to remain here in Websleuths and are not to be used elsewhere. Thank you.

This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England.
    William Shakespeare, King Richard II

The Angel of the Waters, Bethesda Terrace, Central Park, New York City

27. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to borndem For This Useful Post:

Storage Unit

Quote Originally Posted by jrb0124 View Post
    We now have some answers:

ABC11 Eyewitness News has learned that Grant and Amanda Hayes were seen at a self storage facility on Glenwood Avenue the night of July 13th
    pulled up to the SecurCare Self Storage on July 13th in a SUV that was pulling a U-Haul trailer.
    Grant reportedly seemed agitated and was shouting at his wife from the SUV. He seemed annoyed by how long she was taking inside the office.

[LINK]

The night of the 13th? Did they have the kids in the car? (after 9:30) or just the infant? (went there while LA was taking her boys out to dinner). I wish there was an actual time given so we can figure out if this was before or after the murder.
    Does anyone know which storage unit and what time it closes? He could have been yelling at LH because he had to get what he wanted and be back at the apartment in time for LA to return the boys.

Whatever he picked up at the SU was probably used to either kill her or dismember her or both.

5 yr old Neely Smith, NC

Write to:
    P.O. Box 29540