1105 users online (210 members and 895 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

OR - Lois 'Sue' White, 51, Astoria, 26 July 2011

Police search for Astoria woman missing for two weeks

Family members are searching for a 51-year-old Astoria woman who went for a walk two weeks ago and never came home.

Lois "Sue" White doesn't typically venture on foot away from their apartment complex, her husband, Ronald White, told The Daily Astorian.

But on July 26, Ronald was home with the couple's adult son when she left a note saying she was taking a walk.

[snip]

Police said they were told that Sue White's note had been destroyed before she was reported missing by her husband four days after she left.

More: http://www.kval.com/news/local/127076713.html

Family baffled by disappearance

[snip]

Ronald White says he and the couple's adult son were at home on the day White left for a walk. He was in his bedroom.

"When I came out, she was gone," he recalled.

"She left a note saying she was taking a walk and that was it."

Police say they are aware of the note but were told that it had been destroyed prior to White being reported missing.

Police say that action was unhelpful and leaves many questions that may never be answered.

[snip]

Clatsop County Search and Rescue, Astoria Fire and Rescue Community Emergency Response Team (CERT), Seaside Helicopters owner Gary Turel and the U.S. Coast Guard have since tried to find White, hoping to come to the rescue, but all coming up short.

[snip]

White describes his wife as a good person. He says she did not normally take walks, aside from to the laundry room in their apartment complex. She didn't have a normal route. She was just a typical housewife, he said.

[snip]

Their daughter Tiffany reported her missing Tuesday.

Ronald White says he asked his daughter to make the call because he is disabled and she does a lot for him.

[snip]

The picture released to assist in the recovery efforts is a former identification card photo, estimated to be 10 years old.

More: http://www.dailyastorian.com/free/fa...cc4c002e0.html

This case has major stink all over it IMO.

She never goes for walks. Yet, she left a note, which happened to be destroyed, saying she was going for a walk. She lived at home with her husband, adult son, and adult daughter. Her husband and son were home, yet she didn't tell either one she was leaving? Just left a note, even though they were both in the home? And then they wait 4 days to report her missing? And the daughter is the one who reports it, even though she wasn't home when it happened and none of them have seen her for 4 days. They also haven't taken a picture of her in the past 10 years?

What the heck?

He waited 4 days to report her missing and threw away the note and they are 'devastated'?

Couple of questions here.
    1st one is why would she leave a note, why not just tell them she's going for a walk since they were home. Unless she was going to commit suicide.

2nd one why wait 4 days to report her missing. How long of a walk did they think she was gonna take since she didn't usually venture far from their apt complex?

Huh, what better place to dispose of a body than where the Columbia dumps into the Pacific.

Eta Maybe this woman just had enough of being a 'typical housewife' taking care of a disabled husband and two adult children and walked away from it all...

What does the note was "destroyed" mean, anyway? I could see tossing it in the trash after reading it, but then taking it back out if she was not home in a few hours time...was it trash pick-up day, by chance?
    Just my opinion, of course.

They live directly next to the river/bay...

On the other hand, if she really did just want to leave, there is a bus station within walking distance, 2-3 blocks.

1200 West Marine Drive, Astoria OR - Google Maps
    Last edited by KateB; 04-30-2015 at 04:59 PM. Reason: repair url tag.

Astoria is one of my favorite places I've ever been.

And this case sounds more fishy than all the fish on the pier.

Quote Originally Posted by Kimster View Post
    Astoria is one of my favorite places I've ever been.

And this case sounds more fishy than all the fish on the pier.
    It's such a beautiful place. Hopefully Sue is alright and will be able to enjoy it more.

Quote Originally Posted by SheWhoMustNotBeNamed View Post
    They live directly next to the river/bay...

On the other hand, if she really did just want to leave, there is a bus station within walking distance, 2-3 blocks.

1200 West Marine Drive, Astoria OR - Google Maps
    Hi there, If she did want to leave I don't know if she would have the where with all to accomplish that even if she knew where the bus station was. IMO I heard on TV she is mentally challenged in some way.

I just look into Sue's eyes in that old pic and want to give her a great big hug. I hope she is OK where ever she is tonight. xox

Quote Originally Posted by scandi View Post
    Hi there, If she did want to leave I don't know if she would have the where with all to accomplish that even if she knew where the bus station was. IMO I heard on TV she is mentally challenged in some way.

I just look into Sue's eyes in that old pic and want to give her a great big hug. I hope she is OK where ever she is tonight. xox
    Oh wow. I missed that she is challenged. Maybe she is just lost then? It's the lax in reporting her missing that bothers me, though.

Quote Originally Posted by SheWhoMustNotBeNamed View Post
    It's such a beautiful place. Hopefully Sue is alright and will be able to enjoy it more.
    It beautiful, and so historic. Think about all the people who have walked on that land at the mouth of the Columbia River where it meets the mighty Pacific Ocean. Tribes of Indians, Lewis and Clark, settlers who made it that far. I hope that holds some precious karma for her, just waiting to be found.

xox

She has medical needs that need daily attention, police say.

http://www.kptv.com/story/15161640/a...ing-after-walk

That's what most of the articles say. I haven't seen anything specifying mental issues. But they may be specifying more on television?

Peisch described White as a quiet customer who came in regularly, but not as often as her husband. She says the two never came in together.

"They always came in for the same thing all the time, two bags of ice. Neither of them talked much. They were very quiet and reserved people," Peitsch said.

http://www.dailyastorian.com/free/fa...cc4c002e0.html

It seems she could make it to the store on her own, at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Kimster View Post
    Oh wow. I missed that she is challenged. Maybe she is just lost then? It's the lax in reporting her missing that bothers me, though.

Oh my, so did I. They really need to get more information out there. So strange that the note was destroyed and the way the police called it 'unhelpful' was strange wording too. They really need to give the public the necessary info when asking for help.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxson View Post
    Oh my, so did I. They really need to get more information out there. So strange that the note was destroyed and the way the police called it 'unhelpful' was strange wording too. They really need to give the public the necessary info when asking for help.
    I have only seen one newscast about her but will watch the 11pm news tonight to see if they mention her.

I can't remember exactly what they said about her medical condition. But it did leave the imprint in my mind that she did take medicine for it.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast