Page 22 of 54 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 32 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter812 View Post
    Several weeks into the case rumor has it (from the PT site I believe) that the reason ZO punched CR is that CR gave LS too many drugs/coke/whatever. The way ZO found out about this to begin with was someone overheard LS's comments about being on Xanax and coke at Kilroy's Sports. Basically, LS's comments may have pointed to the supplier, ZO or someone else.
    Quite an interesting theory - this all being premeditated... Maybe she was just given a lot of drugs that night to make her all incoherent and wasted so that whatever needed to be done didn't take much. IF, and I mean if, this was the case, I really don't think that JW was involved, I also really can't imagine HT involved. I don't know, so many theories that makes sense.... Maybe the DD was worried that she was "breaking open" his activities.

JMO.
    Last edited by bluebirdii; 08-17-2011 at 05:46 AM. Reason: Adding

2. The Following User Says Thank You to bluebirdii For This Useful Post:

With the Spierers going back to NY, I'm wondering if it's more of a sure thing that LS is going to be found in the landfill. They could be going home to look at funeral/memorial arrangements.

If you're Jewish, aren't you supposed to be buried within 48 hours of dying? Realize the situation is different here, but they may be acting upon Jewish standards to the best of their ability.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to hoosierleigh For This Useful Post:

What thoughts does anyone have about possible evidence they might find?
    This falls under "clothing," but Bessie/others wondered about the jacket LS was carrying when first leaving SW. LE would know if she had it on in the SW/alley videos ... but if she did, wouldn't the jacket be included in the description of what she was wearing when last seen?

I don't suppose the jacket could be in the dumpster but not LS ... unless it was disposed of after the fact. If so, the jacket could be what the dogs allegedly "hit" on at the dumpster. She could have left it at JR before going to Sports ... or afterward. Perhaps it could had evidence on it, like drug residue, vomit, etc.? Or maybe she dropped it elsewhere? I suppose JR could have also given the jacket to LE if she left it at his place ...

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to imkeylime For This Useful Post:

While unrelated to LS's case, I found this article in today's Kansas City Star to be interesting: http://www.kansascity.com/2011/08/16/3080452/life-charge-for-selling-heroin.html.

The article is about a local heroin dealer whose product caused the death of area resident(s). He seemed to especially target high school-aged kids. His punishment is life + 10 years. Granted, it seems he's a big dog in the drug business and it sounds like he tried to kill a witness.

But I do find it interesting (and good) that authorities have given him a large penalty. I also find it interesting (and sad) that he attempted to kill a witness. He perhaps knew how he would be punished if the witness told on him, and thus tried to kill that individual.

I know all of the drug rumors in the LS case are just that ... rumors. And I don't wish to directly relate this article to LS's crowd, but I did think it was interesting food for thought on how some drug dealers act.... and how they are punished.

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to illinialum For This Useful Post:

re the Spierer's going back to NY temporarily...

I was thinking that they probably wanted to go back to be with family when the dreaded news came in.

10. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to bloom54 For This Useful Post:

Per Tony Gatto on Twitter the BPD police chief is on the scene at the landfill. First time Diekoffs name has been brought up in this case. Wonder if that means anything that he is there.
    Also per Abby Tonsing Herald times writer FBI evidence van showed up around 8:30 this morning.

12. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Chris007 For This Useful Post:

New video of the dear, dear parents standing at THE corner of 11th and College.
    The fact that CS addresses how difficult it is for others to come up to them and talk, give a hug, is testament to the character and selflessness of these two amazing individuals.

http://www.heraldtimesonline.com/

14. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Jupiter812 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by imkeylime View Post
    I don't know the answer, but it's an interesting question. I suppose client/attorney privilege lets an attorney ask about anything he/she wants. In this case, IMO, somebody (or more than somebody) might be covering for somebody else. So if one goes down, those protecting him/her might go down, too, but to a lesser degree. I'm assuming client/attorney privilege would also cover that, so it would be a good question to ask, if that makes any sense?
    What I learned is that if a client tells a lawyer they are guilty the lawyer is obligated to either convince the client to come forward and or give up the case to another lawyer should it go to trial. They are not allowed to go to trial knowing the client is guilty.

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Mendara For This Useful Post:

Defense Attorney

Quote Originally Posted by Mendara View Post
    What I learned is that if a client tells a lawyer they are guilty the lawyer is obligated to either convince the client to come forward and or give up the case to another lawyer should it go to trial. They are not allowed to go to trial knowing the client is guilty.
    I heard that and wasn't sure if it was true or not. I also heard that is why a defense attorney never asks a client if he did it.
    A parole review date is set for July 21, 2012 for Fred Howard Coffey.

Coffey was convicted of the murder of 10 yr old Amanda Marie Ray, NC. He admitted to molesting 300 children.

Please write a letter on behalf of Amanda.

Suspect in the murders of:
    5 yr old Neely Smith, NC
    14 yr old Kathy Lynn Beatty, MD
    8 yr old Travis Shane King, VA

Possibly connected to the disappearances of:
    14 Yr old Tracy Anne King, PA
    11 yr old Sheila and 13 yr old Katherine Lyons, MD
    15 yr old Carolyn Majane, NJ

Write to:
    Chairman Charles L. Mann Sr.
    NC Post Release Supervision & Parole Commission
    P.O. Box 29540
    Raleigh, NC 27626-0540
    RE: Fred Howard Coffey, DOC# 0081135
    or send an email to parole@doc.state.nc.us
    http://justice4amanda.tripod.com/

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JeannieC For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by imkeylime View Post
    This falls under "clothing," but Bessie/others wondered about the jacket LS was carrying when first leaving SW. LE would know if she had it on in the SW/alley videos ... but if she did, wouldn't the jacket be included in the description of what she was wearing when last seen?

I don't suppose the jacket could be in the dumpster but not LS ... unless it was disposed of after the fact. If so, the jacket could be what the dogs allegedly "hit" on at the dumpster. She could have left it at JR before going to Sports ... or afterward. Perhaps it could had evidence on it, like drug residue, vomit, etc.? Or maybe she dropped it elsewhere? I suppose JR could have also given the jacket to LE if she left it at his place ...
    I was thinking of that jacket too. Perhaps they didn't include it in the description because she not actually wearing it. Now I understand what the attention to all of her clothing was about. (This is the first case I've followed.)

20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Jupiter812 For This Useful Post:

New video of the dear, dear parents standing at THE corner of 11th and College.
    The fact that CS addresses how difficult it is for others to come up to them and talk, give a hug, is testament to the character and selflessness of these two amazing individuals.

http://www.heraldtimesonline.com/
    I totally agree. I saw this earlier, as well. Broke my heart. I wanted to jump through my screen and give her a hug right then and there. The long pauses and silences were gut-wrenching.

Any thoughts on FBI evidence van? Would it routinely be at a search just in case, or only if they might have found something? Wishful thinking...

22. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to GobBluth For This Useful Post:

That last sentence is not exactly true. A defense attorney IS allowed to take a client that he knows is guilty to trial. But he is NOT allowed to willfully lie to the court nor allowed to have his client lie or offer false evidence. So if he 'knows' og the guilt he is kind of hampered at trial.
    “Every day that they don’t find something is good for me.“ Billie Dunn

24. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to katydid23 For This Useful Post:

I don't think that's entirely the case. An attorney is not ethically supposed to present a case that the defendant is innocent if they know in fact he's not... but that doesn't keep an atty from challenging the state's evidence and case as presented as well as preserving his client's rights. ...even if that leads a jury to believe the defendant is innocent.

26. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to akh For This Useful Post:

I was thinking of that jacket too. Perhaps they didn't include it in the description because she not actually wearing it. Now I understand what the attention to all of her clothing was about. (This is the first case I've followed.)
    IMO, that makes the most sense. But that leaves the questions of where it is and why? If she'd left it at JR's earlier in the night, for instance, would he have turned it over or disposed of it? (It's the first case I've followed here as well ... though I've checked on the Oakland County Child Killer case for years because I'm originally from that area.)

28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to imkeylime For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by AbbeyR View Post
    The kind of drug deals that go down at College bars are not the kind that would require anyone to go into hiding for 'knowing too much'. I don't know the POI, but I can say with some certainty that the kids who are considered to be 'drug dealers' in a crowd like this are usually people who just get drugs for their friends and have a connection to a very low level drug dealer. They are not dealing drugs for the income, nor dealing with large quantities of drugs or big powerful drug dealers. This is why I am also very skeptical of the theories that someone higher on the drug chain was called in for 'clean up', it just doesn't make sense to me.

I could be wrong, of course, but in my experience these things would be very unrealistic.
    Does IN have any "3 strikes" laws?

I haven't been posting as much here lately, but reading a lot. I think about Lauren every time I wear my ballet flats. :P I'm trying not to get my hopes up about the landfill search, but my fingers are definitely crossed.
    now an official Penn State alum!

Kindness is magic. (Derek)

@JaneDoe25 (Twitter) <~~~ videos & pics of Harry right here

30. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to PlainJaneDoe For This Useful Post:

Page 22 of 54 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 32 ... LastLast