Page 7 of 54 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast
    I can't believe the dogs got any press space in this thread. have people run out of material?

the way the obit is arranged, it made sense that they listed next of kin as husband, then children with the children-in-law in parentheses. that is common.

after a child any grandchildren are identified as associated with that child. she obviously loved the dogs so they were placed with the family owning the dogs.

after all her children (and grandchildren) were names, they moved to surviving siblings, again very common.

if I croaked tomorrow, I would hope my dog is mentioned as I consider him my baby, even if he is 9 years old.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to webrocket For This Useful Post:

Well with all the talk or lack of it from LS friends it goes to show some times a dog is man's best friend.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to phantomthought For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter812 View Post
    Wishes of the deceased trump those of family/friends.

The spouse's name in parentheses is fairly standard convention these days and it may have been the deceased wishes to list the dogs that way.
    It may also be the protocol used in that paper to save space/words. (not the dogs, of course!! LOL)

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bloom54 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by A. Watson View Post

Also, who says JR did not have a car on the morn of June 3? At the very least he had access to DB's car. I doubt JR's car was searched. I believe it was CR's car LE searched, not JR's. For some reason, LE's early focus seems to have been on CR's car, which I don't believe CR used real early on the morn of June 3rd. But JR's car or DB's car? Hmmmm. Either one of their cars could have been used very early Friday morn.

Piggybacking on this point... I see no reason why LE couldn't hold a presser or issue a release that summarizes and clears up some points like what cars were searched. I could also see them clarifying who they've interviewed, who've they've only interviewed via atty, whether JR had a guest, etc.

They don't have to tell what they've learned, but it would be informative as well as keep the case alive to at least clear up what bases have been covered.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to akh For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by akh View Post
    Piggybacking on this point... I see no reason why LE couldn't hold a presser or issue a release that summarizes and clears up some points like what cars were searched. I could also see them clarifying who they've interviewed, who've they've only interviewed via atty, whether JR had a guest, etc.

They don't have to tell what they've learned, but it would be informative as well as keep the case alive to at least clear up what bases have been covered.
    Not to be rude, but don't hold your breath...
    We still don't know what LE has done out in Portland to find Kyron, after 14 months...only that they can't name a POI and won't say who if anyone has been cleared...
    Just my opinion, of course.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to cluciano63 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by akh View Post

MOO... I think it's important to remember that LE isn't in the business of keeping us informed OR keeping the case alive. They're in the business of solving the case. And, to that end, they are probably really better off if they have a little peace and quiet to do that work.

I find it interesting that we also haven't heard anything from CS in quite awhile. Certainly SHE is in the business of keeping the case alive (but not so much in keeping the public informed). So, I have to believe that she's acting in the best interest of the investigation.

And yes... I get up every morning wanting to hear some news... wanting to know more... so it's not that I don't WANT the info.... I do!

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to bloom54 For This Useful Post:

I dont really have anything new to add to this thread, but I would just like to say hello as I have been lurking since LS went missing. I am familiar with this group of people (Do not want to disclose how I am aquainted as I'm sure these people are reading), but I do agree with those who say HT is hiding something. Her behavior seems quite odd in the way she released information to the media initially and now she has silenced herself.

I am not surprised by the supposed drug use of these people either. . . it is extremely common for smallwood people, especially this group. Xanax is everywhere among students at IU.

I am familiar with Bloomington as I attend school at IU (I am going to be a junior this year) so if you have any questions please ask me.

I just want LS to be found.

Quote Originally Posted by indianagirl315 View Post
    I dont really have anything new to add to this thread, but I would just like to say hello as I have been lurking since LS went missing. I am familiar with this group of people (Do not want to disclose how I am aquainted as I'm sure these people are reading), but I do agree with those who say HT is hiding something. Her behavior seems quite odd in the way she released information to the media initially and now she has silenced herself.

I am not surprised by the supposed drug use of these people either. . . it is extremely common for smallwood people, especially this group. Xanax is everywhere among students at IU.

I am familiar with Bloomington as I attend school at IU (I am going to be a junior this year) so if you have any questions please ask me.

I have a question for you. Are there any reports (either here or in the media) that you have read that you think are not true?
    Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans. J. Lennon NYC

15. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to elmomom For This Useful Post:

Disclaimer and apology - sorry to keep going with the notion of stranger abduction - and - I've been wrong before.

But,

let's say that none of the college POI's are involved in Lauren's disappearance apart from their contributions of any drugs and alcohol.

Let's assume that she was taken by some weird strangler guy. His description is out there: "a white male with pale skin and dark hair in his early- to mid-20s," and presumably the location of Crystal Grubb's remains is also known. What triggered this behavior? Break up? Bereavement? Trouble with a female boss? What kind of car would he drive? Where would he live? What places would he frequent? How can we find him? If he killed Crystal, in what context would have have known/seen her?

Strangely, if you google "Bloomington" and "strangled" there are multiple accounts of people being strangled. In some cases the stranglers are known and had been taken into custody. So it's not uncommon, seemingly, although in some of the accounts the victim may have known the person.

http://www.idsnews.com/news/story.aspx?id=82214

Why don't I buy the fact that one of the POI's did it? I dunno. Just don't get that feeling. No great and wonderful reason, just don't happen to believe it. But again, I've been wrong before.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to LittleAMom For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Walker View Post
    People do get terribly upset when a loved one dies, so I hesitate to criticize. However, that obituary unfortunately is not written in the most tactful and sympathetic way.

Note that the sons-in-law are named in parentheses which can be taken to mean that they are not important; yet properly stating their names would not have taken that much more space. And what are grand-dogs? A proper obituary might discuss the deceasedís affection for a pet dog, but to place them in the category of the bereaved is an insult to the family and close friends.

Please do not reply with any arguments along the line that your dog is a member of your family.
    I live in the Lafayette, IN area, and most if not all of the obituaries I read in the local papers list the son/daughter in-laws first names in parentheses.

Grand-dogs are the dogs of a parents' child. I do not have children, but my parents love their grand-pets. My parents realize that my pets are MY kids, and they love pet-sitting.

Per your request, I will not tell you that my dog is the most valued member of MY small family.

Depression is an illness, NOT a weakness!

19. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Dymphna For This Useful Post:

I've been following this case since LS first went missing and I think there are a few things people (not so much here but on other forums) are overlooking:
    People seem to forget that just because we don't know that a POI has cooperated doesn't mean that they haven't cooperated with LE.
    The exception to this (IMO) is JR, if he did leave bloomington as quickly as we think he did, I think chances are probably slim that he cooperated to the extent that LE would have liked. IMO him leaving so quickly (provided he actually did so) could either be because he had something directly to do with LS's disappearance, or because he knows who did and had reason to be scared enough to leave (like the DD scenario a few people have mentioned)

I think it seems like JW and CR have cooperated, at least in part. From what I've heard from articles and gossip JW stayed in bloomington until his parents and or the police told him to go home. Every theory that has been proposed in regards to his involvement has centered around jealousy and an unplanned act, IMO its unrealistic to think that JW hurt LS in a fit of rage/jealousy/whatever and just magically managed to hide her body, avoid cameras, keep up appearances the next day and even go so far as to call her parents and speak directly with LE. I think that is giving him too much credit, I don't see a freaked out 22 year old guy being that clever and clearheaded if he had just harmed his girlfriend of several years.

A question in regards to CR: is there any actual proof that he's friends with JR? I've seen people mention it but as far as I've actually seen stated in articles it seems like CR was pretty separate from LS's group of friends and JR... If CR and JR aren't close friends I can see no possible reason for JR to lie and say he was the last to see LS, that just seems ridiculous. I also haven't seen any serious suggestions that CR is a DD, let alone an upper level one. IMO the only reason JR would present himself as the last one to see LS if he wasn't is if someone with substantial power over him (IE an upper level DD who could harm JR if he didn't play along) told him to.

Also, quick note but from what I've heard it seems like LS was more social/into parties than JW, in which case it might not have been that unusual for them to have plans to meet up, she gets distracted/knows he doesn't want to go out and never shows up. He might have started to get concerned when he realized she didn't have her phone (or shoes?) and then gotten spooked enough to file a report/ call the spierers when he realized she wasn't in her room or with friends.

Sorry for the essay!!

21. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to holly18 For This Useful Post:

Welcome to Websleuths, Holly18, and thank you for the well thought-out post.

WEBSLEUTHS ON FACEBOOK

23. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to bessie For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by indianagirl315 View Post

25. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Dymphna For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by holly18 View Post
    I've been following this case since LS first went missing and I think there are a few things people (not so much here but on other forums) are overlooking:
    People seem to forget that just because we don't know that a POI has cooperated doesn't mean that they haven't cooperated with LE.
    The exception to this (IMO) is JR, if he did leave bloomington as quickly as we think he did, I think chances are probably slim that he cooperated to the extent that LE would have liked. IMO him leaving so quickly (provided he actually did so) could either be because he had something directly to do with LS's disappearance, or because he knows who did and had reason to be scared enough to leave (like the DD scenario a few people have mentioned)

I think it seems like JW and CR have cooperated, at least in part. From what I've heard from articles and gossip JW stayed in bloomington until his parents and or the police told him to go home. Every theory that has been proposed in regards to his involvement has centered around jealousy and an unplanned act, IMO its unrealistic to think that JW hurt LS in a fit of rage/jealousy/whatever and just magically managed to hide her body, avoid cameras, keep up appearances the next day and even go so far as to call her parents and speak directly with LE. I think that is giving him too much credit, I don't see a freaked out 22 year old guy being that clever and clearheaded if he had just harmed his girlfriend of several years.

A question in regards to CR: is there any actual proof that he's friends with JR? I've seen people mention it but as far as I've actually seen stated in articles it seems like CR was pretty separate from LS's group of friends and JR... If CR and JR aren't close friends I can see no possible reason for JR to lie and say he was the last to see LS, that just seems ridiculous. I also haven't seen any serious suggestions that CR is a DD, let alone an upper level one. IMO the only reason JR would present himself as the last one to see LS if he wasn't is if someone with substantial power over him (IE an upper level DD who could harm JR if he didn't play along) told him to.

Also, quick note but from what I've heard it seems like LS was more social/into parties than JW, in which case it might not have been that unusual for them to have plans to meet up, she gets distracted/knows he doesn't want to go out and never shows up. He might have started to get concerned when he realized she didn't have her phone (or shoes?) and then gotten spooked enough to file a report/ call the spierers when he realized she wasn't in her room or with friends.

Sorry for the essay!!

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dymphna For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by holly18 View Post

Sorry for the essay!!

We do know that awhile ago, CR and JR were together, hanging out and getting into trouble together. They were caught trying to break in to Smallwood with a credit card. Also, JR was the one who introduced LS and HT to CR. SO it has always been my assumption that they hung out, at least as long as they have lived at 5 North.
    Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans. J. Lennon NYC

29. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to elmomom For This Useful Post:

Page 7 of 54 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast