GUILTY TN - Suzette York, 49, principal brutally slain by student, Memphis, 10 Aug 2011

Wow - how terribly sad. I wonder what the motive was?

A 17-year old male student is currently in police custody.

Memphis Junior Academy is a private school run through the Seventh-Day Adventist Church.

Oh my God, it's a woman. (Pardon my protective nature about the opposite sex, born in the '50s, can't help it.) Horrendous, whomever it turned out to be.

Here is the school website. Run by the Seventh-day Adventists. Kindergarten up to 11th grade.

http://www.memphisjunioracademy.com/

RIP Mrs. York.

School just started on Monday. What could have happened in two days to have a young person stab a Principal to death? This poor woman.

More violence in school. This is so sad. What is wrong with people?? At least they have someone in custody.

Student In Custody After Teacher Found Dead In Memphis School
12:12 p.m. CDT, August 10, 2011

Memphis police are at the Memphis Junior Academy on 50 N. Mendenhall.

http://www.wreg.com/news/wreg-dead-school-memphis,0,4895764.story

Article has been updated, student has been named and given his motive:

The Commercial Appeal quoted an MPD affidavit, ""Eduardo Marmolejo admitted that he had stabbed his teacher Suzette York multiple times because he did not like her and she made him angry," the affidavit read. "(He) said that he had been planning to kill Mrs. York since May 2011 when he learned he would be returning to the Memphis Junior Academy. (He) said that he planned to kill Mrs. York (Wednesday) because he knew she would be alone in the classroom with him."

I hope he likes the inside of a prison cell for the next 60 years, because that's where he's going.

How horrible. :(

I hope we hear more of a motive. Just disliking a female teacher and her making you mad is really scary. I hope he is tried as an adult, worried about this young man in the future if he is ever released.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cevans
Back