WY WY - Renee Yeargain, 24, Torrington, 10 Aug 2004

justiceforjuliette

Reaction score
I need some help again! Don't have any idea where to put this.

Today marks the 7th anniversary of the disappearance of a close friend of mine. Little has been done to find her. It seems the county just let this one go because Renee wasn't a model citizen in the eyes of many.
Renee became a mother at a very young age and life wasn't easy for her. I was introduced to her at work, the day she started. Although she was old than me, I took her under my wing and showed her the ropes. I later noticed that she was dating an old friend of mine from high school. They were close and had a child together.
In December of 2003, I remember reading an article in the local newspaper saying that her home had burnt down. There was a lot of mystery in that fire. At some point I remember some talk about the boyfriend she was dating being involved in the fire.
My family donated a ton of things to help her. It was right after Christmas and the fire had consumed most of the children's presents.
We ran into each other from time to time on the street and had a chance to catch up. I began a reporter and I noticed her photo on the front page of the newspaper....she was missing.
Below are some facts about the case...
"Yeargain's boyfriend of three years, Josh Minter, stated she abandoned him and her four children on August 10, 2004. He stated that she took a grocery sack full of clothing with her and refused to say where she was going. After Yeargain vanished, Minter took her three oldest children to their former foster parents, who contacted the Wyoming Department of Family Services. He kept the youngest, an infant who was his biological child. Yeargain's other children are not related to Minter.

Two days later, on August 12, Yeargain's white 1987 Subaru station wagon was found at a rest stop between Cheyenne and Torrington, Wyoming. Her keys, cellular phone, and her purse, which contained her wallet, checkbook and other items, were inside the vehicle. No money was found and Yeargain's tattoo kit and clothing were also missing. The car had been parked at the rest area since August 10. "
Here are some sites where she is listed as missing:
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/y/yeargain_renee.html
Renee Diane Yeargain, Missing Since 8/10/04, Torrington, Wyoming - Help Find The Missing

Renee has four children who will soon want answers if they don't already.
Renee Diane Yeargain

Missing Since August 10, 2004 from Torrington, Wyoming
Classification Endangered Missing
Age 24 years old
Height 5ft 8in
Weight 135lb
Distinguishing Characteristics: Red hair, blue eyes.
Renee may change her hair color or wear wigs
She may also wear tinted contact lenses.
She has several tattoos including a partial nun on her upper arm, two dominatrix on the other arm, an incomplete tattoo of roses on her chest, a tribal ring around her wrist, lettering on her upper fingers, a small gesture on her abdomen, incomplete tattoos of blueberries and vines on both calves, and a tattoo with an outline of a woman’s face with horns elsewhere on her body.
Clothing Description Blue jeans and a black tank top with a bug and a red heart on the corner.
Medical Conditions Renee has been diagnosed with bipolar disorder.
She has abused drugs and alcohol in the past, but was sober at the time of her disappearance.

If you have any information concerning this case, please contact: Torrington Police Department 860-532-7001
http://missing-and-unidentified.org/wikiwe..._diane_yeargain

Thank you for posting justiceforjuliette. I am going to move this thread to the Missing But Not Forgotten forum. I will leave a redirect for a few days so that the thread is easier to find.

~Summer_Breeze

Thank you for posting this, justiceforjuliette.

I looked for a thread earlier, to bump this on the 7th anniversary of her disappearance, but could not find one. I just added your page (I'm "For The Missing: Pacific Northwest").

May she be found soon.

Are there any articles you can post relating to her dissapearance? So sad for her 4 children. I wonder have they ever been interviewed? Maybe they saw something or noticed something not quite right, about the time she went missing.

Hoping her children and loved ones can have some anwers soon.

Thank you for sharing this!!! When the first account was set up in facebook, I didn't know half the things I do now! So glad that I do! Here is where this whole thing gets odd.
Minter's mother contacted a local psychic shortly after Renee disappeared. I know this psychic personally and I can say she has been dead on about a few other things. She claims that Renee is dead and was thrown in a river some where in TN. I have searched all the unclaimed bodies I can handle looking for her. We also had a woman contact the facebook account and tell us that she saw Renee's headstone in Torrington and her body had been found. I called the cemetery and they have no person by that name. The woman claimed that the body was found in the home she lived in after the first one burnt down. She claimed it had been stuffed in a wall...there have been so many weird things like this in this case.
Minter and Renee were going to be married one week after she vanished....he is quoted in the newspaper say "She is a big girl and can take care of herself." That always haunted me and made me wonder what on earth!?! How can someone who you plan to marry leave and you not care?

Are there any articles you can post relating to her dissapearance? So sad for her 4 children. I wonder have they ever been interviewed? Maybe they saw something or noticed something not quite right, about the time she went missing.

Hoping her children and loved ones can have some anwers soon.

There are very few real articles...most of them have been added to places by friends.
http://trib.com/news/state-and-regional/article_4008a552-f605-5cde-ad3b-6a0ee4c3cc45.html

That is one...right now my computer is being weird...I will look for more after dinner, but that is a start. I know in one of those links that I posted on the first post there are a few more articles.

To my knowledge the children claim that Renee and Minter were fighting. That is all I can recall. I will pass that question around and see what other friends can remember.

North American Missing Persons Network

http://www.nampn.org/cases/yeargain_renee.html

yeargain_renee2.jpg

yeargain_renee1.jpg

Here is the myspace account set up for Renee. http://www.myspace.com/385885852

Renee Diane Yeargain
AKA:
Missing Since: 8/10/2004
Sex Female Race White
Age 24 Age Unknown
(At time missing)

(Current)

Hgt 5Ft8In Wgt 135
Hair Red Eye Blue
Distinguishing Characteristics: Changes her hair color often and also was known to wear wigs. Known to wear colored contacts. She has the following tattoos: a partial nun on her upper arm, two dominatrix on the other arm, an incomplete tattoo of roses on her chest, a tribal ring around her wrist, lettering on her upper fingers, a small gesture on her abdomen, incomplete tattoos of blueberries and vines on both calves, and a tattoo with an outline of a woman’s face with horns elsewhere on her body.

Medical Conditions: She has been diagnosed with bipolar disorder. She has abused drugs and alcohol in the past, but was sober at the time of her disappearance.

Law Enforcement Agency: Torrington Police Department
Report Number: 860-532-7001
Reward:
Leave a tip about this Missing Person.
The person in charge of this is now Officer or Detective Weeks.

Not sure if the folks who knew Renee are on this thread, but I saw mentioned in the missing notification that she had called some friends after her disappearance? Was that accurate information? I came across this while looking for possible leads on the UID person in Marion, OH whose name was similar to "Dana" and was selling magazines door to door. Since magazine crews take young folks all over the country, I was searching missing person reports for any D names. If someone who knew Renee sees this, please look at the new sketches that are posted on this thread here:
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...l-672UFOH-18-22-along-rural-road-Mar-07/page9

Reading more about Renee's story, it seems unlikely she wouldn't have made contact with her family if she had been alive in another state.

This website has inspired me to share a story with the administrator on her case. I was living in Wyoming at this time frame but I can't remember the exact year my story happened but it may relate. I lived in Wyoming in Laramie between 2000 and 2005. I remember it was cool/colder. I was wearing my black Pea coat with gloves. I pulled into a gas station just off of I-80 prior to meeting friends at the bar. Next to me was a red vw, not a beetle, possibly a cabriolet (right size and similar shape but don't remember it being a convertible). No front plate and the younger guy was working in the trunk which struck me as odd because I thought only the beetles and busses had rear engines (may not be true, just my assumption at the time). I got out, remember pulling off my gloves to fill my tank. The late teens early 20's guy asked if I could help him out. Said his car wouldn't start and asked if I could get in and start it. I looked in and there was a younger teens maybe dark hair girl in the passenger seat. I asked him why he didn't have her start it. He said it was because she was too young to drive. I fired back with she should still be able to start a car. He argued it was a stick, to which I responded it still starts the same. He then got angry and said "Just get in the car", multiple times. I told him good luck and there was a pay phone outside. The entire time her eyes were down cast and wouldn't look at me.

I drove to meet my friends and told them the story. Wondering if I should call the police. We decided if we heard any news stories I would contact but otherwise it was me being over paranoid. I didn't use the internet like I do now and since nothing made the local papers (I was friends with reporter) I just let it go at the time. Seems like a good MO at rest stop, car won't start help, everything still left in car which would have happened to me other than single card I took out I pay for gas.

I felt especially bad for the three older kids (who couldn't have been all that old to start with) -- they spent three years with a guy who was the father of their youngest sibling, and was likely the only father figure they had in memory, yet the moment mom goes missing, he dumps them into foster care.

Renee Diane Yeargain has been missing from Torrington, Wyoming since August 10, 2004. Yeargain's boyfriend of three years stated she abandoned him and her four children on August 10, 2004. He stated she took a grocery sack full of clothing with her and refused to say where she was going. Two days later, on August 12, 2004, Yeargain's white 1987 Pontiac Subaru station wagon was found at a rest stop between Cheyenne and Torrington, Wyoming. Her keys, cellular phone, and her purse, which contained her wallet, checkbook and other items, were inside the vehicle. No money was found and Yeargain's tattoo kit and clothing were also missing. The car had been parked at the rest area since August 10, 2014.

Read More: Wyoming Cold Case Files: The 2000s | Wyoming Cold Case Files: The 2000s

Unsolved Cases - Missing Persons - Homicides - Suspicious Circumstances - Division of Criminal Investigation
Yeargain%20Renee%20Diane%20p.JPG

Missing Person, August, 2004, Goshen County, Wyoming:
Renee Diane Yeargain has been missing from Torrington, Wyoming since August 10, 2004. Yeargain's boyfriend of three years stated she abandoned him and her four children on August 10, 2004. He stated she took a grocery sack full of clothing with her and refused to say where she was going. Two days later, on August 12, 2004, Yeargain's white 1987 Pontiac Subaru station wagon was found at a rest stop between Cheyenne and Torrington, Wyoming. Her keys, cellular phone, and her purse, which contained her wallet, checkbook and other items, were inside the vehicle. No money was found and Yeargain's tattoo kit and clothing were also missing. The car had been parked at the rest area since August 10, 2014. If you have information on this case, please contact the Torrington Police Department at (307) 532-7001

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77
Back