1417 users online (283 members and 1134 guests)  



Websleuths News


Page 1 of 47 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 691
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Who Dat Nation
    Posts
    29,902

    GA - Lauren Giddings, 27, Macon, 26 June 2011 # 8

    Please continue here.

    Previous Threads:

    Thread #1
    Thread #2
    Thread #3
    Thread #4
    Thread #5
    Thread #6
    Thread #7


    Media Thread



    Lauren Teresa Giddings

    April 18, 1984 -- June 26, 2011
    Rest in Peace
    Last edited by KateB; 05-18-2015 at 12:59 AM. Reason: repair url tag.
    __________________________________
    Muddy water in the street
    ; Muddy water 'round my feet... as sung by the inimitable Bessie Smith, "Muddy Water (A Mississippi Moan)"

    WEBSLEUTHS ON FACEBOOK



  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    greater Orlando area
    Posts
    309
    Quote Originally Posted by PsychoMom View Post
    I see it more as hoping that was the reason rather than thinking it was pure hate or evil out there directed at her. If they think he did it because he wanted and loved her so much, it might make it a little easier.

    Whether McD did this or not, I am not seeing any evidence he was drooling after her. Nothing. I have to think that may not be behind this crime. I feel if he did do this crime, it was to see if he could do it. Not for any lost chance at love, but an opportunity to see if he had the b@lls to do it. More of a challenge to himself. She was simply convenient. Again, that is IF he did it.
    You are inferring as much in deciding he just wanted to see if he could get away with something like this as anyone else is in deciding he was fixated on Lauren, except in the latter case, the family also agrees. To each his own.
    "Deep in each man is the knowledge that something knows of his existence. Something knows, and cannot be fled or hid from." - Cormac McCarthy

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    greater Orlando area
    Posts
    309
    Angel, thank you so much for this post. Such good insight and knowledge you have shared with us. I will be reading this again.
    Ask her another question, Whoajo!
    Thanks, I took forever to write it because I was afraid I was sticking my neck out pretty far, so I'm glad someone [and Whoajo] found it interesting
    "Deep in each man is the knowledge that something knows of his existence. Something knows, and cannot be fled or hid from." - Cormac McCarthy

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    greater Orlando area
    Posts
    309
    Just a thought...

    If any sexual element to this crime proves true, the idea that Stephen was just playing a game of murder pretty much goes out the window. If this crime were intellectual in nature, if he just wanted to challenge himself, there would not be a sexual assault of any sort, at least not if you follow the profile.
    It would likely rule out rage against the whole of the law school as the motive as well. Normally, rage at a body of people is not acted out on one person, but rather on a grand scale involving a large part of that target body of people, mass murder, iow.
    "Deep in each man is the knowledge that something knows of his existence. Something knows, and cannot be fled or hid from." - Cormac McCarthy

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by angelanalyzes View Post
    You are inferring as much in deciding he just wanted to see if he could get away with something like this as anyone else is in deciding he was fixated on Lauren, except in the latter case, the family also agrees. To each his own.
    The arrest warrant says, "Accused has previously commented that he could commit murder and provided details of methods to avoid detection which are similar to the facts and circumstances surrounding the killing of LG".

    That adds some factual support to the theory that it was an intellectual challenge for SM.

    On the other hand, there has been nothing at all revealed to indicate that he was fixated on LG.
    If I can stop one heart from breaking,
    I shall not live in vain;
    If I can ease one life the aching,
    Or cool one pain,
    Or help one fainting robin
    Unto his nest again,
    I shall not live in vain.
    ~Emily Dickinson~

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    greater Orlando area
    Posts
    309
    Quote Originally Posted by southern_comfort View Post
    The arrest warrant says, "Accused has previously commented that he could commit murder and provided details of methods to avoid detection which are similar to the facts and circumstances surrounding the killing of LG".

    That adds some factual support to the theory that it was an intellectual challenge for SM.

    On the other hand, there has been nothing at all revealed to indicate that he was fixated on LG.
    They aren't necessarily going to put motive on the arrest warrant, they would put probable cause to believe he'd commit a murder in such a manner though, which is what that bit is. We don't even know exactly what Stephen said regarding how he'd get away with murder.

    Motive is VERY important to the family, and everyone close to the family that I have spoken to says the motive appeared to be some kind of fixation, attraction, obsession. To suggest that the family doesn't really want to know the real motive and would choose to believe something different is pretty bold, considering how crucial the WHY would be to any family. The family knows things the public does not know, many things, much of the information I've been given has come from family knowledge. To shrug off their opinions and beliefs about the crime as inconsequential compared to something *inferred* from the warrant is inappropriate imo.

    ETA: This family has not demonstrated in any way that they have a personal ax to grind with Stephen McDaniel, they have stated repeatedly that they only lean toward believing he is the killer because of facts given to them by the MPD explaining why the MPD believes Stephen is guilty. In fact I have noticed a very fair and "legal" mindset among the parents, they appear to believe in the system and right to a fair trial, which suggests they would believe whatever the facts point to, not some alternate reality that they are contriving in their own minds. They seem more concerned with truth than anything else, so when they say something about the case, I take it seriously.
    Last edited by angelanalyzes; 08-12-2011 at 10:47 AM.
    "Deep in each man is the knowledge that something knows of his existence. Something knows, and cannot be fled or hid from." - Cormac McCarthy

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    362
    We may never know the truth. I am keeping my options open. If McD did this, I still have yet to see one tiny thing showing he was fawning over her. Other than people saying he was infatuated, nothing else points to it. Where do we see evidence of him wanting her? It may be true, but nothing seems to indicate it. I know that blows a lot of theories out of the water, but it could be true.

    And some people have been known to add a sexual element to a crime even if it were not sexually motivated. Some do it because they become excited over the thrill of the kill. Some do it as a power trip, not a sexual thrill (actually most sexual assaults involve a power trip). Some do it because it is a way to demoralize the other person, not for sexual gratification. Some do it to throw people off the trail (as in the case where the mother sexually assaulted her daughter's playmate to cover up her murder of the child. she thought they would look for a man.) Endless reasons for a sexual assault if that is the case.

    It could have been a simple death, intentional or accidental, and a panicked attempt to hide the body. Smaller pieces were moved throughout the week, and the larger part was just there until a way to move it discreetly could be determined, but time ran out.

    All of that is supposing McD did this. If he didn't, then a whole new path is open out there.

    BTW, why did the analogy about the shoe box disappear? I didn't think it was bad. Just curious.
    It is an old maxim of mine that when you have excluded the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth. ~ Arthur Conan Doyle

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    362
    Quote Originally Posted by angelanalyzes View Post
    They aren't necessarily going to put motive on the arrest warrant, they would put probable cause to believe he'd commit a murder in such a manner though, which is what that bit is. We don't even know exactly what Stephen said regarding how he'd get away with murder.

    Motive is VERY important to the family, and everyone close to the family that I have spoken to says the motive appeared to be some kind of fixation, attraction, obsession. To suggest that the family doesn't really want to know the real motive and would choose to believe something different is pretty bold, considering how crucial the WHY would be to any family. The family knows things the public does not know, many things, much of the information I've been given has come from family knowledge. To shrug off their opinions and beliefs about the crime as inconsequential compared to something *inferred* from the warrant is inappropriate imo.
    I am curious. Since you claim to know all these people involved in the case so closely, first of all, have you been accepted as an expert in that area here? I know there is a process to becoming an expert. If so, great! We can pick your brain thoroughly about what the family thinks and what they have seen or heard. And second of all, what behavioral examples have they given to support the infatuation theory? Not just feelings, but true actions that back up that belief.
    It is an old maxim of mine that when you have excluded the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth. ~ Arthur Conan Doyle

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by angelanalyzes View Post
    They aren't necessarily going to put motive on the arrest warrant, they would put probable cause to believe he'd commit a murder in such a manner though, which is what that bit is. We don't even know exactly what Stephen said regarding how he'd get away with murder.

    Motive is VERY important to the family, and everyone close to the family that I have spoken to says the motive appeared to be some kind of fixation, attraction, obsession. To suggest that the family doesn't really want to know the real motive and would choose to believe something different is pretty bold, considering how crucial the WHY would be to any family. The family knows things the public does not know, many things, much of the information I've been given has come from family knowledge. To shrug off their opinions and beliefs about the crime as inconsequential compared to something *inferred* from the warrant is inappropriate imo.
    I think AA is correct. I'd be much more inclined to follow LG's family and their feelings/knowledge about the case. I'm sure they know things from LE that we do not know. They also were pretty close with her and know things she might have said to them in the past about SM. I'm sure they are talking to LG's friends and boyfriend....she may have confided in them over the years about things SM did or said to her that would lead them to that conclusion.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    362
    Quote Originally Posted by GypsiesTramps&Thieves View Post
    I think AA is correct. I'd be much more inclined to follow LG's family and their feelings/knowledge about the case. I'm sure they know things from LE that we do not know. They also were pretty close with her and know things she might have said to them in the past about SM. I'm sure they are talking to LG's friends and boyfriend....she may have confided in them over the years about things SM did or said to her that would lead them to that conclusion.
    That may be true, but without examples, it is purely a guess. I was hoping someone closely involved with the family would be able to provide supporting evidence of such an emotional connection. If there is no behaviors to back it up, it may not exist, no matter how much someone feels it should be that way. I would love to have that piece of the puzzle completed.
    It is an old maxim of mine that when you have excluded the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth. ~ Arthur Conan Doyle


  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by angelanalyzes View Post
    They aren't necessarily going to put motive on the arrest warrant, they would put probable cause to believe he'd commit a murder in such a manner though, which is what that bit is. We don't even know exactly what Stephen said regarding how he'd get away with murder.

    Motive is VERY important to the family, and everyone close to the family that I have spoken to says the motive appeared to be some kind of fixation, attraction, obsession. To suggest that the family doesn't really want to know the real motive and would choose to believe something different is pretty bold, considering how crucial the WHY would be to any family. The family knows things the public does not know, many things, much of the information I've been given has come from family knowledge. To shrug off their opinions and beliefs about the crime as inconsequential compared to something *inferred* from the warrant is inappropriate imo.
    I'm certainly not shrugging anything off. But I haven't seen any evidence that SM was fixated on her (yet). I've seen some evidence that SM liked to pit his IQ against those around him, not based solely on the arrest warrant but on other things we know to be true.

    There is a great deal we don't know and of course the family knows things we don't. I also don't know a whole lot about what people do in times of grief, especially after a horrendous loss like this, as I'm not a psychologist of any sort. I don't think that a professional's opinion as to why a grieving family might wish to focus on one possible motive for the loss of their loved one over another, combined with known factual support, is inappropriate. I appreciate the opportunity to consider that opinion and point of view.
    If I can stop one heart from breaking,
    I shall not live in vain;
    If I can ease one life the aching,
    Or cool one pain,
    Or help one fainting robin
    Unto his nest again,
    I shall not live in vain.
    ~Emily Dickinson~

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    greater Orlando area
    Posts
    309
    Quote Originally Posted by PsychoMom View Post
    I am curious. Since you claim to know all these people involved in the case so closely, first of all, have you been accepted as an expert in that area here? I know there is a process to becoming an expert. If so, great! We can pick your brain thoroughly about what the family thinks and what they have seen or heard. And second of all, what behavioral examples have they given to support the infatuation theory? Not just feelings, but true actions that back up that belief.
    I am not a local, nor an "expert", but people talk to me privately and tell me things. You don't need to pick my brain to discern what the family believes, they have stated it openly in the media. They aren't going to reveal certain details of the investigation to the media that the police have asked them not to. For now it's all a matter of how you interpret the facts made available to you as an individual, and you have every right to interpret them any way you choose, as do I.
    "Deep in each man is the knowledge that something knows of his existence. Something knows, and cannot be fled or hid from." - Cormac McCarthy

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    362
    Quote Originally Posted by angelanalyzes View Post
    ~snipped

    ETA: This family has not demonstrated in any way that they have a personal ax to grind with Stephen McDaniel, they have stated repeatedly that they only lean toward believing he is the killer because of facts given to them by the MPD explaining why the MPD believes Stephen is guilty. In fact I have noticed a very fair and "legal" mindset among the parents, they appear to believe in the system and right to a fair trial, which suggests they would believe whatever the facts point to, not some alternate reality that they are contriving in their own minds. They seem more concerned with truth than anything else, so when they say something about the case, I take it seriously.
    You are bringing up a connection to the family again. What connection do you have with the family that puts you in a position to know intimate details of them and their thought processes any more than any other person on here? If you have been deemed an expert because of your connection to the family, I am all for it! It would be nice to have an insider. Thank you in advance for explaining your connection so we can have a better understanding from where your information is coming.

    Sorry. We posted at the same time.

    Quote Originally Posted by angelanalyzes View Post
    I am not a local, nor an "expert", but people talk to me privately and tell me things. You don't need to pick my brain to discern what the family believes, they have stated it openly in the media. They aren't going to reveal certain details of the investigation to the media that the police have asked them not to. For now it's all a matter of how you interpret the facts made available to you as an individual, and you have every right to interpret them any way you choose, as do I.
    I guess that explains it. Thank you.
    Last edited by PsychoMom; 08-12-2011 at 11:05 AM. Reason: Answered at the same time.
    It is an old maxim of mine that when you have excluded the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth. ~ Arthur Conan Doyle

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Miami, Florida
    Posts
    236
    I think AngelAnalyzes should become an expert witness for this trial, I think she has been spot on all along since day one about this thing. I also think the quotes from the Giddings family we are seeing now are typical guilt feelings one would expect now that they know what McD did, but they really believed he was harmless. Did anyone see the Joe Kovacs article about the crayon drawing on McD's mirror in his apt. with a rainbow that said "I Love You , Lauren" that MPD Paid special attention to ?

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    greater Orlando area
    Posts
    309
    Quote Originally Posted by PsychoMom View Post
    You are bringing up a connection to the family again. What connection do you have with the family that puts you in a position to know intimate details of them and their thought processes any more than any other person on here? If you have been deemed an expert because of your connection to the family, I am all for it! It would be nice to have an insider. Thank you in advance for explaining your connection so we can have a better understanding from where your information is coming.




    I guess that explains it. Thank you.
    To clarify, regarding my statements about the family being fair and not having an ax to grind with Stephen, that is entirely based on how they have handled themselves in the media. It's clear to see in the interviews they've given, they've said that they only lean toward Stephen's guilt because of information provided to them by police, but that they believe in the right to a fair trial. I respect that.
    "Deep in each man is the knowledge that something knows of his existence. Something knows, and cannot be fled or hid from." - Cormac McCarthy

Page 1 of 47 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. GUILTY GA - Lauren Giddings, 27, Macon, 26 June 2011 #14
    By bessie in forum Recently Sentenced and Beyond
    Replies: 756
    Last Post: 09-19-2013, 05:45 PM
  2. GUILTY GA - Lauren Giddings, 27, Macon, 26 June 2011 # 9
    By bessie in forum Recently Sentenced and Beyond
    Replies: 487
    Last Post: 08-25-2011, 07:53 PM
  3. GUILTY GA - Lauren Giddings, 27, Macon, 26 June 2011 # 4
    By bessie in forum Recently Sentenced and Beyond
    Replies: 675
    Last Post: 08-01-2011, 02:44 PM
  4. GUILTY GA - Lauren Giddings, 27, Macon, 26 June 2011 # 3
    By bessie in forum Recently Sentenced and Beyond
    Replies: 540
    Last Post: 07-27-2011, 12:43 AM
  5. GUILTY GA - Lauren Giddings, 27, Macon, 26 June 2011 # 1
    By sue4141 in forum Recently Sentenced and Beyond
    Replies: 587
    Last Post: 07-12-2011, 04:51 PM

Tags for this Thread