882 users online (91 members and 791 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Human Remains found at Oscoda Township Construction site:

Oscoda Township, MI (WJRT/CNN) - A construction site in northeast Michigan turned into a crime scene after workers unearthed human remains.

Police say a partial skull and several bones were found.

Investigators believe the remains may be several decades old.

"We do have several missing person complaints that are still open from the 60s and 70s in this area. On the outward phase it doesn't appear that this matches any of them, but that's why we are going to let the experts make that determination for certain," said Sgt. Erik McNichol with the Oscoda Township Police Department.

http://www.ksdk.com/news/article/318...struction-site

Quote Originally Posted by CarlK90245 View Post
    Human Remains found at Oscoda Township Construction site:

http://www.ksdk.com/news/article/318...struction-site
    Wow. I came here to post the news, but clearly you beat me to it. Interesting that LE says that the remains don't appear to match local missing cases. Was it obviously a male, or a young child? The obvious would be one of these two missing local girls.

The other "somewhat local" missing person case that I found was that of Lester Eugene Barr, who disappeared in October 1994 from Turner MI at age 53. Turner looks to be about 30 miles from Oscada. He was reported missing by a friend. A neighbour reported that he had packed up a truck with his stuff. His social security checks started piling up at the post office and he has never been seen since. Here is Lester's Doe Network page:
    http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1673dmmi.html

Of course it could always be Jimmy Hoffa!
    Any man's death diminishes me,
    Because I am involved in mankind,
    Therefore, send not to know, for whom the bell tolls;
    It tolls for thee.
    ~John Dunne

#TeamCivilization

http://www.abc12.com/story/18089652/...struction-work

Police say they could date back to the 1800s. They were expected to be examined by an archaeologist.

There's also Cherita Janice Thomas from Oscoda, murdered there Aug. 3, 1980, by racist ass Jimmie A. Nelson. He was convicted, but her remains have not been found.

Quote Originally Posted by dmac View Post
    There's also Cherita Janice Thomas from Oscoda, murdered there Aug. 3, 1980, by racist ass Jimmie A. Nelson. He was convicted, but her remains have not been found.
    OH! That's horrible!
    It tolls for thee.
    ~John Dunne

#TeamCivilization

recent news

what bugs me is the day, the timing, the weather. The school is rural as can be, and back then there were fewer homes/inhabitants. The victims would have walked from the school to downtown, down the cold windy hill with cold winds blowing off the lake? which was 2 miles away? ********. That's already beyond hinky.

These kids had a ride that day, at a very particular time.

They ended up dead.

Who gave them the ride?

Pamela Sue Hobley
    Case Classification: Endangered Missing
    Missing Since: October 31, 1969
    Location Last Seen: Oscoda, Iosco Co, Michigan

Physical Description** Listed information is from the time of disappearance.

Date of Birth: May 25, 1954
    Age at Time of Disappearance: 15
    Race: White
    Height at Time of Disappearance: 5'6 to 5'8
    Weight at Time of Disappearance: 100-115 lbs
    Hair Color: Brown
    Eye Color: Brown
    Alias(s) / Nickname(s): None
    Distinguishing Marks/Features: Scar on the left side of her mouth and a scar across the bridge of her nose.
    Dentals: Not available
    Fingerprints: Not available
    DNA: Not available Clothing & Personal Items
    Clothing: 3/4 length white fur coat with brown fur trim. Long sleeve blouse with ruffled cuffs, white cotton knee socks, brown and white plaid skirt. Chunky style shoe with thick heel.
    Jewelry: Unknown
    Additional Personal Items: Unknown
    Photo: At link below

Circumstances of Disappearance

Pamela Hobley and Patricia Spencer went missing on the day of the homecoming football game on October 31, 1969. The two were not considered friends, but it is thought that they may have skipped school together thatafternoon. Neither of the girls have a purse or an ID with them.

No one has seen or heard from them since then. Foul play is suspected.

Investigators

If you have any information about this case please contact;

Agency Name: Oscoda Township Police
    Agency Contact Person: Sergeant Hall
    Agency Phone Number: 989-739-9113

Agency Case Number: 69-7755

NCMEC Case Number: 1175075

NamUs Case Number: MP #11478

Please refer to these numbers when contacting any agency with information regarding this case.

Information Sources

NCMEC
    NamUs
    The Doe Network: Pamela Sue Hobley & 3080DFMI

LINK:

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/3080dfmi.html

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Patricia Spencer
    Case Classification: Endangered Missing
    Missing Since: October 31, 1969
    Location Last Seen: Oscoda, Iosco Co, Michigan

Physical Description** Listed information is from the time of disappearance.

Date of Birth: October 1, 1953
    Age at Time of Disappearance: 16
    Race: White
    Height at Time of Disappearance: 5'3
    Weight at Time of Disappearance: 120 lbs
    Hair Color: Brown
    Eye Color: Blue
    Alias(s) / Nickname(s): None
    Distinguishing Marks/Features: Patricia may wear eyeglasses.
    Dentals: Not available
    Fingerprints: Not available
    DNA: Not available Clothing & Personal Items
    Clothing: Tweed or brown plaid skirt, brown sweater, grey and green plaid jacket, brown shoes with thick heel. Did not have her glasses with her when she went missing.
    Jewelry: Unknown
    Additional Personal Items: Unknown
    Photo: At link below

Circumstances of Disappearance

Patricia Spencer and Pamela Sue Hobley went missing on the day of the homecoming football game on October 31, 1969. The two were not considered friends, but it is thought that they may have skipped school together thatafternoon. Neither of the girls have a purse or an ID with them.

No one has seen or heard from them since then. Foul play is suspected.

Investigators

If you have any information about this case please contact;

Agency Name: Oscoda Township Police
    Agency Contact Person: Sergeant Hall
    Agency Phone Number: 989-739-9113

Agency Case Number: 69-7755

NCMEC Case Number: 1175069

NamUs Case Number: MP #11479

Please refer to these numbers when contacting any agency with information regarding this case.

Information Sources

NCMEC
    NamUs
    The Doe Network: Patricia Spencer & 3081DFMI

LINK:

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/3081dfmi.html

Michigan murders and disappearances of young women and girls in 1968-1969

There were quite a few young women and girls who went missing or who were abducted and turned up murdered in Michigan about the same time that Patricia and Pamely went missing.

In late July 1969, John Norman Collins was arrested for the murder of Karen Sue Beineman in Ypsilanti. He is believed to have killed several others, but was only tried and convicted of Karen's murder.

There were several other murders of Michigan girls from that era which have been solved. The difference between those cases and this one, is that here two girls went missing together, and they have never been found.

In January of 1970, another young girl, Cynthia Coon, age 13, went missing from Ann Arbor, Michigan and she is still missing (See separate thread in 1970's section). Could her disappearance be related to that of Patricia and Pamela?

More remains found at road construction project.

http://www.abc12.com/story/18614998/...struction-site

Investigators believe the new remains are somehow related to the remains found on May 2.
    Hmmmmm. Are they "somehow" related because they are the same person, or "somehow" related because they are two different persons buried at during the same period of time?

Perhaps they just uncovered an old burial plot or cemetary.

But that "somehow related" bit is a bit curious.

Cherita Janice Thomas discussion link...

Quote Originally Posted by dmac View Post
    Here is a link to the websleuths thread on Cherita Jancie Thomas:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...+Janice+Thomas

The thread was started in 2005 and five years later (25 years after Cherita's disappearance) Nelson was convicted of murdering her.

It does seem like these two girls may have had a ride. That could be why they waited until late in the school day to skip out - their ride couldn't get there until the afternoon.

As for the perp, I'd look for someone a little older than the two girls (old enough to be "cool" but not old enough to be "creepy") and someone at least one of them knew well enough to consider safe.

As for the bones found at the construction site, I agree that this may turn out to be an unmarked cemetery.

Look, there are two possibilities, all based on them LEAVING THE SCHOOL together. I believe the logical one, given the outcome.

The entire story is they left school in short clothes and near the end of the school day. Makes no sense to cut skool when the buses are coming to pick you up. You skip much EARLIER. Unless there was a reason.

They expected a ride, because they were NOT walking 2 miles to get to downtown bore city. They cut school just in time to buy freshest costume or get the best candy? It was HWeen, right?

But it was a bad day, because someone wanted to take Halloween to a different level.

Thrill kill or whatever, it happened within a few feet of school. Not the killing, but the abduction. Willing or otherwise, those kids were picked up.

There was a reason they left school so late in the day, and we need to focus on that. that, alone, is bizarre behavior unless one vic lived within a few feet. Skip the last class together.

Did they share a class? We know ****, but we're on the right path.

did either skip school late in the day> what were their last classes? FFS we don't even know if they met just because they both wanted to skip Gym or Family Matters classes that day.

Not to be sexist, but I went to HS years later and the classes and teachers had gone downhill.

I said there were two reasons. They bailed and ended up together, being picked up by killer(s).

you name 1965 as any time one killer took two. THAT IS HUGE, folks, and even the system is not paying attention to the fact it was a group abduction / murder

imo the group abduction/murder makes this something bigger, outside of the locals. the whole story says setup or massive luck on the part of multiple murderers.
    See my points?

Why did they leave?
    Together?
    Well they both were abducted and killed together, so YES they hooked up.
    WHEN?

Without unveiling the truth about the vics, we'll never know how they were intentionally in the wrong place at the wrong time. The victims were set up and used.

Which is my first point. TWO reasons. They were set up. Whether they did it or not, someone within a couple years of their ages knows the whole story.

Interesting comments, dmac. Thanks so much.

I am curious though, as to your specific interest in this case. Are you from this area?
    It tolls for thee.
    ~John Dunne

#TeamCivilization

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast