1702 users online (347 members and 1355 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 113
  1. #61
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Rockport, TX
    Posts
    2,219
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfyree View Post
    Is it possible the two girls were going to the same area and hooked up to hitchhike together, safety in numbers.

    That would explain why they may have been traveling together even though they didn't really know each other.

    If picked up hitchhiking, anything could have happened. And it wouldn't have mattered if they were last on the road east of school or at the gas station.

    Before I read about them possibly being dropped off at a gas station, I was wondering if they were out on some lonely road, that they may have just been hit by car where the driver panicked and got rid of the evidence.
    I was just talking with my aunt from MI today, and she brought up this story. She was in school (same class) with these girls. According to her, they were friends and she forged a note for them to get out of school early. According to her, they were going to party before meeting up with Pam's boyfriend... supposedly he was going to propose? He was going into the military or was in the military.

    I will say IMO, I was shocked to find this story on WS when she started talking about it.

  2. #62
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Southern
    Posts
    743
    Quote Originally Posted by EGirl View Post
    I was just talking with my aunt from MI today, and she brought up this story. She was in school (same class) with these girls. According to her, they were friends and she forged a note for them to get out of school early. According to her, they were going to party before meeting up with Pam's boyfriend... supposedly he was going to propose? He was going into the military or was in the military.

    I will say IMO, I was shocked to find this story on WS when she started talking about it.
    Does your aunt have any idea where they were going to party or if anyone else was meeting them?

  3. #63
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    where it rains alot
    Posts
    162

    Post #51

    In light of these revelations. Is there any possibility that http://doenetwork.org/cases/404ufor.html could be one of the girls.. Time frame, plaid,(faded or otherwise) thick shoes,. It could be either girl..Tried to see if they have been ruled out, and I do not see them on the list..
    Maybe that is why she has never been ID . When we think of the girls we assume they will be found together.
    What I lack in book smarts, I make up for in street smarts

  4. #64
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    127
    Quote Originally Posted by EGirl View Post
    I was just talking with my aunt from MI today, and she brought up this story. She was in school (same class) with these girls. According to her, they were friends and she forged a note for them to get out of school early. According to her, they were going to party before meeting up with Pam's boyfriend... supposedly he was going to propose? He was going into the military or was in the military.

    I will say IMO, I was shocked to find this story on WS when she started talking about it.
    I just started following this thread closely. I had a feeling they were friends or were working on becoming friends. Skipping school/leaving school early can be a good way to get to know an acquaintance.

    Nevertheless, they were friends. This clears it up. Thanks.

    Okay, so the boyfriend... who was he? Any other students or anyone from Pam's family meet him?

  5. #65
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by annegrete View Post
    I just started following this thread closely. I had a feeling they were friends or were working on becoming friends. Skipping school/leaving school early can be a good way to get to know an acquaintance.

    Nevertheless, they were friends. This clears it up. Thanks.

    Okay, so the boyfriend... who was he? Any other students or anyone from Pam's family meet him?
    this pam sister and yes we knew the boyfriend

  6. #66
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    84
    I wonder if they ever finished digging out from under that barn?
    --Jennifer

  7. #67
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    3
    what barn you talking about ?

  8. #68
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    74
    I think the reference is to what the sheriff did back in '11, hiring equipment to dig through a dilapidated barn in the region. Longstanding, persistent rumors said the girls had been buried there. From Page One, post 7:

    WILBER TWP. – For more than four decades, a story has persisted that two missing Oscoda teenagers were buried in a Wilber
    Township barn. There have been many variations over the years, including the location of the barn. Oscoda Township Police Chief Mark David said he recalls hearing the story as a teen and, later, as a new police officer. He took action last week after locating a tip in the file on the girls’ disappearance...

  9. #69
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Rockport, TX
    Posts
    2,219
    Quote Originally Posted by dogperson View Post
    Does your aunt have any idea where they were going to party or if anyone else was meeting them?
    Just saw this... I don't know but I should see her this weekend and will ask. Like I said, I found this thread after she was telling me the story. So, I haven't asked her any questions since reading here. I will see what else I can find out.

  10. #70
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    485
    Does anyone know what leg Patricia's dog bite was on? I read she had one in one of the news articles.

    Also, and much less likely, what blood type Patricia was?


  11. #71
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    1,526
    This case reminds me of those 2 girls that went missing from S Dakota and were later found to have drowned in a car.

  12. #72
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    4,673
    Articles today in the Daily Mail, on CBS and other media outlets

    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...years-ago.html

    http://www.cbsnews.com/news/hallowee...n-45-years-ago


    "Initially, the girls were last reported seen walking away from Oscoda High School. In May of 2013, however, a witness came forward saying he picked up the girls as they were walking along River Road, which runs alongside the Au Sable River, and dropped the two off in downtown Oscoda. The man said he came forward to police with the information years ago.

    Chief David has other information to indicate the girls were seen downtown that day. He doesn't believe the man who came forward is involved, he says, nor does he believe Pamela's boyfriend had anything to do with the disappearances."


    Someone out there knows what happened to these girls.

    I'm the same age, those were fun times. These girls and their loved ones should have been able to enjoy their lives and good times together for years to come.

    Great work by the families and local LE in keeping their story alive.
    All statements are my opinion only.

  13. #73
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    349
    I just came here from all the publicity this has got being Halloween. I was originally going to ask if they were friends, but that seems to have been clarified in the comments. Did your aunt ever tell you more information? Has she spoked to the police?
    I also dont think the guy who picked them up and dropped them off had anything to do with it, because WHY come forward, he never would have been caught so he had no reason to not come forward if he was truthful, plus wasnt there sightings of them around the place he dropped them off
    Im guessing they were trying to hitchhike back and the wrong person stopped and kidnapped them. OR they met up with someone they planned to but he had ulterior motives and killed them.

  14. #74
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Rockport, TX
    Posts
    2,219
    Quote Originally Posted by lindamichelle1 View Post
    I just came here from all the publicity this has got being Halloween. I was originally going to ask if they were friends, but that seems to have been clarified in the comments. Did your aunt ever tell you more information? Has she spoked to the police?
    I also dont think the guy who picked them up and dropped them off had anything to do with it, because WHY come forward, he never would have been caught so he had no reason to not come forward if he was truthful, plus wasnt there sightings of them around the place he dropped them off
    Im guessing they were trying to hitchhike back and the wrong person stopped and kidnapped them. OR they met up with someone they planned to but he had ulterior motives and killed them.
    I did put my aunt in touch with the investigator on this case. I think she might have given them some additional information. She gave me a detail about them meeting up with someone specifically and a pretty specific description of one of them. We'll see if it helps. Praying these families get some closure.

  15. #75
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    19,175
    Just found this case, bumping. Surprised to see several guests visiting this thread right now too!

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. NM NM - Patricia Chesher, 12, Albuquerque, 17 June 1969
    By amber1 in forum 1960's Missing
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 07-21-2017, 04:10 PM
  2. IA IA - Patricia Veach, 8, Des Moines, 10 July 1969
    By Snick1946 in forum Cold Cases
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-26-2015, 04:53 PM
  3. CANADA Canada - Patricia French, 18, Vancouver, BC, 1 Jan 1969
    By Richard in forum 1960's Missing
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 01-02-2014, 12:18 AM
  4. NM Patricia Joan Chesher (12) - Albuquerque NM, 1969
    By SheWhoMustNotBeNamed in forum Missing Children in America - A Profile
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-21-2013, 10:23 PM
  5. MI Patricia Spencer (16) & Pamela Sue Hobley (15) - Oscoda MI, 1969
    By SheWhoMustNotBeNamed in forum Missing Children in America - A Profile
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-12-2011, 10:59 PM

Tags for this Thread