Five Blows of the Dragon, Part Two

BBB167893

Former Member
Reaction score
In this part, we'll examine the often inappropriately close tie between the Ramseys and the DA's office.

Some of you may think I'm only referring to Mary Lacy. And while she's certainly the best example, she's not the only one. No, we're going all the way back to Day One, showing how the Ramseys benefitted from the DA's actions and inactions, from their hare-brained ideas and pie-in-the-sky notions.

I want it all: the refusals to grant search warrants, the lectures about building trust, the undercutting of potential witnesses, the interfering in police interviews when it looked like the cops might get a confession, the politics and egos, how Lin Wood and Lacy finagled the case away from the police, all of it.

Again, I'll start the ball with an excerpt from my own upcoming book:

She was biased in the favor of the Ramseys because of their status. She has so much as said so. Lacy is known as a radical feminist who lets her belief in women's innocence cloud her reason. She demonstrated that in the University of Colorado case, where, back in 2001, a group of football players were accused of rape. Lacy was gung-ho to prosecute, even though it was clear that there was no case. It was Duke before Duke, where the three lacrosse players were hung out to dry by an overzealous, politically motivated prosecutor. Another incident came in 2006 when a ten-month-old boy named Jason Midyette was beaten to death and she wouldn't take any action because the grandfather owns half of Boulder's Pearl Street Mall. Journalist Frank Coffman describes Lacy as a feminist who is very pro-woman, to the point where it clouds her judgment, as I just showed you. She's also a mother and a career woman. Nothing wrong with that. I'm not one of these "a woman's place is in the home" type guys. I'm secure enough in my manhood to say that if a woman wants it all, she can have it. I just hope she can handle it and she doesn't lose perspective. Since Mrs. Lacy can't keep her own son out of trouble (he was busted for DUI), I'd say she has. I think that Mary Lacy saw Patsy, a wealthy, successful mother and identified with her. She saw this successful, lovely lady being grilled by a bunch of macho male cops and that was it. She actually chastised Tom Haney for being too tough on Patsy during the '98 interviews. WHAT?! Number one, Haney was using by-the-book techniques. Two, if you look at the tape, he's being perfectly calm! No threats, no intimidation. He's very calmly giving her a chance to explain the evidence. Patsy is the one cursing and jumping around and acting like she's got a scorpion in her panties! What was LACY watching?! Tom Haney is one of the finest homicide detectives in the entire Rocky Mountain area, if not the country. His record speaks for itself. And here's this assistant DA, who at that time I don't think had ever tried a murder case in her entire career, and to my knowledge still hasn't, telling him he was too tough for using absolutely STANDARD interrogation techniques that the greenest rookie on the beat would know! Haney's general feeling was, "who the hell does she think SHE is?" Later on, she had the unmitigated gall to tell the cops that because they were men, they couldn't understand a woman's mindset. ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! That may or may not be true, but it's a hell of a way to decide guilt or innocence!

Her major contribution to the case came after Patsy Ramsey's funeral, which she attended, in a shocking display of unprofessionalism. In August of 2006, Mary Lacy announced that an arrest had been made and a suspect was in custody. His name was John Mark Karr, a former schoolteacher from Georgia with a history of deviant pedophillic behavior. He had been in contact with Michael Tracy, a professor of journalism at the University of Colorado at Boulder. Tracey had spent the last year or so before cultivating this man's story. Karr had contacted him under the Internet name "Daxis," and claimed to be the real killer. He was found in Thailand, the capital of perversion, where he was trying to fulfill his horrible urges. When arrested, he made a series of confessions. But as the days went by, his story unraveled, and the case against him with it. By the time he was back in the US, his relatives had established he was nowhere near Boulder, his story had collapsed, and Mary Lacy was on the defensive. She shouldn't have been, because this should not have happened. Her conduct violated the most basic elements of procedure that a first-year law student would know. It was clear to many that she was a pro-Ramsey partisan and was trying to give them a gift. There should have been a recall election. She should have been forced to resign. The case should have been taken over by capable professionals. But none of that happened, because after ten years nobody gave a damn.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back